Wait until November -- vote Democrat

I have been seeing some bumper stickers around town lately stating, "We want to take our country back." Recently I stopped to see who was emerging from an automobile with such a bumper sticker on it. To my surprise, the individual wasn't a Native American. I was tempted to ask the man from whom he was going to take the country. I wanted to tell him that this country belongs to all Americans, not a particular group or party.

I also have seen other bumper stickers stating "Wait until November." What is going to happen in November besides Thanksgiving? And it came to me that Election Day is in November, and maybe this message implies that some are eagerly waiting for the Republicans to get control of Congress. But the voters can't be that uninformed to return Congress to the party that got us into the financial crisis. That would be mega-dumb.

There are two traits common among many American voters: short attention spans and the need for instant gratification. Many don't recall or connect the Bush policies to the present economic situation. And some don't understand why these troubles can't be fixed just by wishing it so. If the voters lash out to teach "them" a lesson, it will be at a greater cost to the voters themselves.

The Republicans have been obstructionists refusing to work with the Democrats, and their only agenda items have been tax cuts and less regulation. If they gain control of Congress and are able to enact their agenda, we may have a depression.

Time is out for pandering, grandstanding and sound bites. It took a decade to get in the ditch we are in, and we aren't going to get out instantly.

I sincerely believe the Democrats have the better agenda to lead us forward. We must vote in November to keep the present party in power.

Tracy E. Williams Jr.

Augusta

grouse
grouse 09/01/10 - 08:55 am
One only has to have a brain

One only has to have a brain capable of remembering the administration of George W. Bush to make the intelligent decision to vote Democratic. Not only that, but the tea party candidates and their xenophobic perversion of religion only bolsters the reason to stay the course and keep the Democrats in charge. The Democrats aren't perfect, but are so, so much better than the alternate.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 09/01/10 - 09:30 am
Wait until November indeed. I

Wait until November indeed. I for one am counting the days. Vote Democrat? I'd just as soon drink arsenic.

southernguy08
southernguy08 09/01/10 - 09:32 am
Thanks Tracy...I haven't

Thanks Tracy...I haven't laughed so hard in years!!

maggiemae
maggiemae 09/01/10 - 09:37 am
grouse..Depends on what the

grouse..Depends on what the meaning of "brain" is.
To those who think it's cute calling Republicans the party of "no", they are doing what they were elected to do, following the wishes of their constituency.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 09/01/10 - 09:55 am
Sorry Tracy, but your abysmal

Sorry Tracy, but your abysmal naivety is matched only by your ability to predict the future. However, it is comforting to know how ill informed, and completely blind you liberals are to the GOP tsunami coming your way in November.

However, it is not surprising, considering how long it took for you to finally come out of your stupor and realize that the bumper sticker saying, "We want to take our country back", actually referred to you and those that believe like you! Too funny!

Btw, just how long did it take you to figure out what, "Baby onboard" meant?
Or, "If Obama was the answer, HOW STUPID WAS THE QUESTION?"
Just curious.

Not surprising though when you state, "Many don't recall or connect the Bush policies to the present economic situation."

WHAT?!!! Are you really that thick, or don't you read or watch TV? Surely you have heard the POTUS constantly, for 18 long months, blaming GW for everything bad that has ever happened in the last 25 years?? Car in the ditch? No? Guess you are really that thick then. Sorry Tracy, but we got it long ago...sorry you missed it until now.

Someday Tracy, perhaps even one so intellectually challenged as you seem to be will realize that what you and the Democrats consider "obstructionism", the American people consider valiant efforts by patriots, desperately doing their will, and trying to stop further damage to the fabric of our society by opposing their damaging policies.

No, sadly that is never going to happen, is it Tracy? Thought not.

chascush
chascush 09/01/10 - 09:56 am
Newhere, ‘the only thing they

Newhere, ‘the only thing they have done in the last two years is say NO.’
Saying NO to the idiots in charge was a GREAT idea.

sconservative
sconservative 09/01/10 - 10:07 am
Carter and a Democrat

Carter and a Democrat Congress passed the Community Redevelopment Act. Clinton had his AG Reno sue and threaten banks into making bad loans. Bush continued the process. Fed rates were too low too long. Chris Dodd and Kit Bond got "sweetheart loans" from Countrywide, and they and Barney Frank defended the real villains. Bush had a Democrat Congress from January 2007 until the "crisis" hit. Obama and a Democrat Congress got a $787B windfall to pay supporters and buy votes. "Jobs created" cost from $72K to $205K each. The Demoncrats have $285B left to buy the election, and refuse to return any to the Treasury despite the end of the recession over a year ago. The $29B stimulus provided grants to poorly-run states to pay for teachers (and the teachers' union) and for bailouts. Unemployment is high due to Obama's anti-business policies on taxes and health care for employees.

chascush
chascush 09/01/10 - 10:03 am
grouse, ‘The Democrats aren't

grouse, ‘The Democrats aren't perfect, but are so, so much better than the alternate.’
If you are in favor of more entitlements then you are voting for the right party. The only problem is sooner or later they will run out of others people money “to spread the wealth around” to the free loading parasites.

sconservative
sconservative 09/01/10 - 10:17 am
Dems point to Clinton when

Dems point to Clinton when they are criticized. He had a large deficit the first to years with a Democrat Congress and the next three with a Republican Congress. For the 8 years, he had a deficit of $310B! The Republican Congress should get the credit for the surplus left when Bush took over. Bush ran a $175B surplus the first year. He then went "big government" by extending the Social Security/Medicare Ponzi scheme with the Drug bill. Madoff was a small crook compared to FDR/Johnson/Bush!

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 09/01/10 - 10:40 am
Ok, guess this horse is still

Ok, guess this horse is still not dead enough for some folks. Let's beat it, even those last little pieces then! Beat that Bush horsie. Everything is his fault! Blame Bush! More! Harder! Faster! Blame him! He is evil! The root! Bash! Bash Bush!

There....happy now? I know it's hard for most liberals, but we got it. No...really. Bush = Bad. WE GOT IT!

Now, watch how little that matters, when the GOP tsunami hits in November. Oh, I'm all tingly with anticipation!

maggiemae
maggiemae 09/01/10 - 10:39 am
I discovered this old

I discovered this old clipping today and want to share it.
"While mountain biking today and I came across this pair of geese, the mother goose sitting on her eggs, father goose hissing at me in order to protect (provide for the safety of) his family…piety/charity begins at home. You see, God has placed this principle even in the animals. We must take care of our own family.
The poor will always be with us, and when help is needed "the Church" (us) is to help. The key word is "need", not to be mistaken for "want"."

Chillen
Chillen 09/01/10 - 10:49 am
In case you haven't figured

In case you haven't figured it out Tracy Williams, we want to take America back from the constitution haters and we want to take it back from the grips of the government.

You do remember that pesky little document that starts out "WE THE PEOPLE" don't you? The last time I checked it wasn't altered to start out "We the Government" or "We the Entitlement Crowd Only"

Until November I refer you to the latest Gallup Poll which I'm sure you will enjoy.

"Republicans have the biggest lead ever — by a whopping 10% — over Democrats, according to a new Gallup poll, which asked whether voters prefer a Democrat or Republican congressional candidate. The margin, 51% to 41%, is by far the largest ever earned by the GOP since the polling firm began tracking the generic ballot question in 1942."

Even most liberal rags & news feed are starting to agree that the Republicans will take over the House & the Senate in November.

ruudvonbaron
ruudvonbaron 09/01/10 - 11:01 am
This LTE obviously has no

This LTE obviously has no idea of the policies that put Great into the Great Depression.

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 11:10 am
Another morning on AC.com and

Another morning on AC.com and another day of that basic Tea partier/Republican mindset:

"I got mine...eff you!!"

No compassion left for your fellow man.

Chillen
Chillen 09/01/10 - 11:15 am
More like another morning on

More like another morning on AC.com and "I worked hard for mine and you should work for yours, not use the power of the government to take it from me so you can have it"

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 11:22 am
Not everyone on government

Not everyone on government assistance is lazy or unwilling to work. Count yourself lucky you have a job because they aren't easy to come by...especially here. I know someone who has been looking for months and she still hasn't found anything. She has no criminal background and plenty of experience in a couple of different fields but it's just that no one is hiring. She doesn't like having to be on food stamps or Medicaid but without her and her children would have no food or medical coverage. This is reality. She hates being on assistance and in fact won't even mention to hardly anyone because of attitudes like yours Chillen. Why don't you try putting the shoe on the other foot for once?

chascush
chascush 09/01/10 - 11:27 am
JFE, ‘Not everyone on

JFE, ‘Not everyone on government assistance is lazy or unwilling to work.’
How about generation after generation of parasites on the welfare system. Most drop out of school but why not the guvamint will support them. Hussein supporters

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 11:32 am
Actually Welfare has limits

Actually Welfare has limits on it now and people are only allowed to draw it for 2 years and after that they may no longer receive welfare. Also whats wrong with taking alittle more taxes out of your check so most of the people in this country can finally have health insurance? Not everyone can get that cushy job with the 401k and the unbelievable medical benefits. We are the richest country in the world and yet we have people dying of heart attacks because they can't afford to pay a doctor or an ER for their care. We have cancer patients who can't get the treatments they need because insurance companies want people to be healthy before they cover them. It's wrong. I personally don't mind having a little bit taken out of my check for that.

Dudeness
Dudeness 09/01/10 - 11:35 am
There must be a 2nd part to

There must be a 2nd part to this letter explaining how the Republican-led Congress got us into this financial crisis. Otherwise, the rest of this letter was a complete waste of time.

Chillen
Chillen 09/01/10 - 11:35 am
justiceforeva. Your friend

justiceforeva. Your friend is unable to get a job at McDonalds, Publix, the Gap, Target, Old Navy, as a landscaper. Anywhere?

That is impossible. I know teenagers out there who are landing jobs with zero work experience. Just last week 2 that I know landed a job right here in Augusta.

If your friend is unemployed she might have to work jobs she finds distasteful. She might have to work 2 or 3 part time jobs to make ends meet and to get enough hours to make her full time employed.

Sorry, not buying the sob story. I know for a fact that people are hiring.

You are right, I might find the shoe on the other foot someday but that is unlikely because I worked for years and sacrificed to start a business that runs very efficiently. I have also saved years worth of living expenses. Again, through sacrifice. I carefully consider every expense and every item I buy. I could have bought a $750,000 house but didn't. I could buy new cars but I drive 10 year old ones instead. Choices. Sacrifices. Responsibility.

Personal responsibility not government dependence. Try it on for size and stop making excuses for everyone. Compassion is fine and is sometimes warranted (especially in cases of illness or family emergency) but for goodness sake, 1 in 6 Americans are on welfare/food stamps/medicaid/goverment benefits now. Give me a break.

ruudvonbaron
ruudvonbaron 09/01/10 - 11:38 am
Sorry JFE but ER's must treat

Sorry JFE but ER's must treat everybody regardless of ability to pay per the EMTALA legislation of 1984. If you want to live in a socialistic country then perhaps you should move to country runs on socialism and let the government divide up everybodys earnings equally regardless of personal choices made.

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 11:44 am
I didn't say the ER wouldn't

I didn't say the ER wouldn't treat the woman. I said she refused to go back when she started having symptoms of a heart attack because she was still paying the bills from the first one and she couldn't afford it. So instead of going to the ER she stayed home and eventually lost her life.

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 11:48 am
I love how you all think that

I love how you all think that by getting a minimum wage job people could fully support themselves without help. Have you ever lived on minimum wage alone? Not to mention having two kids on top of normal bills??? It's not easy. If my friend can find a minimum wage job that would allow her to pay her bills....power, insurance, car payment, etc. That then doesn't leave much for any unexpected medical bills and food isn't cheap either. I've lived on minimum wage and yeah it was easy for me because I only had to worry about one person...me. I can't imagine trying to do that with 2 children though.

ruudvonbaron
ruudvonbaron 09/01/10 - 11:54 am
Well JFE people are NOT

Well JFE people are NOT entitled to things they can't afford. That is just the way it is, should be, and will be. This increase in Social Darwinism will sweep over America like an avalanche in years to come due to the fact its consequences have been somewhat pre-empted lately by decades of unsustainable spending to provide entitlements and handouts. Personal responsibility will again rise to the forefront.

Having children brings responsibilities. If you can't afford them then don't have them. If you can't live on minimum wage then acquire a good education and/or marketable job skills. Save at least several months worth of income so that losing a job won't be a drastic event. Poor individual choices does not equal the right to other people's money.

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 11:53 am
She isn't buying any extras.

She isn't buying any extras. Just paying for the necessities is draining financially.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/01/10 - 11:55 am
JusticeForEva wrote: So

JusticeForEva wrote:

So instead of going to the ER she stayed home and eventually lost her life.

We all must lose our lives eventually. It was probably for the better.

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 11:57 am
Some Christians you all

Some Christians you all are....

KSL
KSL 09/01/10 - 12:14 pm
jfe, no mention anywhere of

jfe, no mention anywhere of the father of the two kids. Why is he getting a pass on support?

Darby
Darby 09/01/10 - 12:39 pm
That's the ticket Tracy....

That's the ticket Tracy.... Keep on whistling while you walk through the graveyard of Obamanomics and social failure. That'll show 'em how confident you are and keep the ghosts and boogyman away.....

JusticeForEva
JusticeForEva 09/01/10 - 12:37 pm
The father is a deadbeat whom

The father is a deadbeat whom she has taken to court three different times and still he isn't paying for his children. The court system sucks at enforcing the child support laws. Hell when I was younger my own father never paid a dime for me and we had him in and out of court for years. He'd start having his wage garnished and then he'd switch jobs and not tell his employer. I'm still owed over $20,000 but I know I'll never see it. Child support enforcement is a joke around here. Don't even get me started on it.

Partnerships needed in cyber sectors, NSA director says

Adm. Michael Rogers, director of the National Security Agency, said the nation's security rests on breaking down bariers between private and government sectors specializing in cyber defense. ...