Wait until November -- vote Democrat

I have been seeing some bumper stickers around town lately stating, "We want to take our country back." Recently I stopped to see who was emerging from an automobile with such a bumper sticker on it. To my surprise, the individual wasn't a Native American. I was tempted to ask the man from whom he was going to take the country. I wanted to tell him that this country belongs to all Americans, not a particular group or party.

I also have seen other bumper stickers stating "Wait until November." What is going to happen in November besides Thanksgiving? And it came to me that Election Day is in November, and maybe this message implies that some are eagerly waiting for the Republicans to get control of Congress. But the voters can't be that uninformed to return Congress to the party that got us into the financial crisis. That would be mega-dumb.

There are two traits common among many American voters: short attention spans and the need for instant gratification. Many don't recall or connect the Bush policies to the present economic situation. And some don't understand why these troubles can't be fixed just by wishing it so. If the voters lash out to teach "them" a lesson, it will be at a greater cost to the voters themselves.

The Republicans have been obstructionists refusing to work with the Democrats, and their only agenda items have been tax cuts and less regulation. If they gain control of Congress and are able to enact their agenda, we may have a depression.

Time is out for pandering, grandstanding and sound bites. It took a decade to get in the ditch we are in, and we aren't going to get out instantly.

I sincerely believe the Democrats have the better agenda to lead us forward. We must vote in November to keep the present party in power.

Tracy E. Williams Jr.

Augusta

LBenedict
LBenedict 08/31/10 - 09:10 pm
Still harping about Bush,

Still harping about Bush, huh? The Democrats have had control of BOTH houses of Congress for 3 1/2 years, and those houses along with the white one on Pennsylvania Avenue for 1 1/2 years. You had allllll of the answers and opted to run up a bigger deficit than anyone thought possible, take away more of our rights, alienate our allies around the world. Yeah, the Democrats have the better agenda to lead us forward (to socialism).

chascush
chascush 08/31/10 - 09:10 pm
I sincerely believe the

I sincerely believe the Democrats have the better agenda to lead us forward’
Spending we don’t have, more handouts to the free loaders. If you are one of the free loaders they do have the better agenda.

maggiemae
maggiemae 08/31/10 - 09:14 pm
Vote your conscience in

Vote your conscience in November, as for me, I am so looking forward to Speaker Boehner. No more Speaker Pelosi. You couldn't ask for a better outcome.

Pu239
Pu239 08/31/10 - 09:23 pm
So Tracy......If you don't

So Tracy......If you don't agree with what you see as the path forward, then any other ideaolgy is "mega-dumb?" You may want to review your own statement...you know the one that goes "this country belongs to all Americans, not a particular group or party."

soldout
soldout 08/31/10 - 09:29 pm
I could never vote for the

I could never vote for the pro-death party and have that sowing and reaping working in my life. How can someone expect to have a good life and vote for a party that believes in taking the life of the un-born.

maggiemae
maggiemae 08/31/10 - 09:37 pm
I know we shouldn't

I know we shouldn't categorize people but they make it so easy for us.

Insider Information
Insider Information 08/31/10 - 09:46 pm
The writer is correct.

The writer is correct. President Bush forced people making minimum wage to buy McMansions. Remember it was President Bush who said housing is a right. It was President Bush who single-handedly used a magic wand to take away personal responsibility from you and you and even you.
Excuse me, I've got to go spend money I don't have. It's Bush's fault.

just a comment or two
just a comment or two 08/31/10 - 09:50 pm
She said "Speaker Boehner"-

She said "Speaker Boehner"- hee, hee. Actually pronounced BAYner. Can't wait for someone to mess it up though.

maggiemae
maggiemae 08/31/10 - 09:53 pm
just..sounds good either way,

just..sounds good either way, don't you think.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/31/10 - 10:01 pm
Insider Information, did Bush

Insider Information, did Bush put a gun in your back to force you to spend your mony? I don't think so! Stop trying to blame Bush for the trouble congress has caused!

maggiemae
maggiemae 08/31/10 - 10:21 pm
I think Insider was trying to

I think Insider was trying to make funny. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank pushed the housing bill through. I reckon old Bush did sign it though. Politicians, every one of them.

Insider Information
Insider Information 08/31/10 - 10:44 pm
Forgive me for the sarcasm. I

Forgive me for the sarcasm. I forgot who reads these things.

gijoe7898
gijoe7898 09/01/10 - 01:58 am
Tracy, "we" want our country

Tracy, "we" want our country back, because what has been happening to it since the Dem Congress majority in 2007 and since Obama is decidely un-American.

Soon, even the liberals will realize that the movement afoot in the USA isn't Republican, it's "conservative". Not all Republicans are conservatives. Lisa Murkowski, John McCain, the 2 airheads from Maine, Castle in Delaware and some other Republicans are not conservatives. If you don't think so, pay more attention to the GOP primaries.

The Tea party movement, the general awakening of the majority of Americans over the last several months is not a "Republican" thing, it's about conservatism. It's about our Constitution. Liberals and those duped by the Dem leadership>> keep on keeping on. When the wave rolls over you this Nov, take some time to reflect on who it waws and why.

It amazes me how Dem leadership pulls the strings on their followers. They constantly define "classes" of Americans and pit them against the "rich". This is America, where people risk their lives to come here and get rich. The land of opportunity. Your liberal leaders certainly have their wealth, don't they? And they try to keep it by avaoiding taxes, like Kerry docking his $7 million yatch in Rhode Island to avaiod Massachusetts tax. Charlie Rangel, Tresaury Sec Geithner. Numerous other Obama nominees who had to withdraw because of not paying taxes that we are expected to.

Does a poor man sign your paycheck? Do you think, if the govt would just tax and regulate your workplace more, you'd get better equipment to work with and a raise?

It is the Dems who constantly play the race card. They rely on what the reader says "short attention spans and the need for instant gratification." The Dems need illegal immigrants and their future votes. The Dems need a welfare state and those recipient's votes. We are approaching a situation where the minority pay the taxes and a majority receive the benefits. Courtesy of the Dems in return for the vote.

How's that hope and change working out for you?

GGpap
GGpap 09/01/10 - 01:59 am
Tracy, sorry, but it appears

Tracy, sorry, but it appears at this time that it is the narrow minded American Arabs that will flock to the polls in November, pretending to be patriots, but in actuality, they will really be advancing the cause of the American Taliban.

Be afraid...be VERY afraid!

GGpap

maggiemae
maggiemae 09/01/10 - 02:44 am
GGap..Utter rubbish. You are

GGap..Utter rubbish. You are enabling a person who could do with a lesson on civil rights and the evils of welfare.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 09/01/10 - 02:58 am
Reichpublicans could not have

Reichpublicans could not have been any type of REAL "obstructionists" since the Dems had SUPER MAJORITIES in BOTH houses.

Up until Liberal MAss elected a GOPer.

Funny how that whole 'free elections' process mucks up the process.

I guess voters in Mass had forgotten Teddy and the Dems? Or they needed instant Teddy again?

This letter is not the best Tracy can muster. I am disappointed.

Brad

P.S. Tracy, go ahaed and ask one of those folks what their bumper sticker means, be ready for the answer because they don't seem to mind telling folks how they feel.

BO

maggiemae
maggiemae 09/01/10 - 03:30 am
Isn't Tracey another (dare I

Isn't Tracey another (dare I ?) politician and on the government payroll?

NewHere
NewHere 09/01/10 - 04:15 am
What is the repubican plan if

What is the repubican plan if they take control, nobody knows...the only thing they have done in the last two years is say NO. They have no ideas and no plans and they are going to fail just like they did from1994 to 2006...the time when the wheels were set in motion for many of the problems that we have today...do I want to go back to that? No way!

carcraft
carcraft 09/01/10 - 04:39 am
Yes the Country belongs to

Yes the Country belongs to all the people and the MAJORITY did not want Obama, Reid, and Pelosi (well know whats in it when we read it) back room engineered socialist government controlled health care and wealth redistribution bill! A majority of Americans want Arizona's boarder protected and the state not sued! The MAJORITY of Americans are against endless debt for social engineering! The majority of Americans don't like being slander when objecting to their congress critters rebellion against their will!! The American people are tired of being lied to by political officer holders.. The Democrates ran on "cleaning up Bush's debt and mess" and have increased the debt and mess at a rate that is faster than even Bush could do. The majority of the American people were told the 1 trillion dollar bailout would fix the economy and we would be in the "summer of recovery"! Well buying GM, paying off unions and sending money to China for wind mills isn't recovery!!! And Williams wonders why people want to give the Senate and House back to Republicans..Oh don't forget Wrangle, Country wide Dodd, and Waters etc were missed in the Pelosi's swamp draining program! Does that help you understand Mr Williams?

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 09/01/10 - 04:53 am

Thank you, Tracy Williams, for once again demonstrating why those who think like you are unqualified for public office.
I'm sorry for your confusion and I'll be glad when those who represent you are removed from office. You see, they don't seem to get it either.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 09/01/10 - 05:10 am
i truly believe..throughout

i truly believe..throughout history people belived in socialism..know what ..it never worked..it like wishing on a star{red}. evidently the blame bush crowd doesnt know how our govt. work and how it passes bill, creates oversite and passes spending bill and budgets..how i forgot nancy and the current crowd didnt pass a budget this fiscal year...no bush had his faults but its the elitism of career politicians passing favours for the contributors and supporters that screwed us...if experience gets us 13 trillion in debt give me the non-experienced office seekers..

Runner46
Runner46 09/01/10 - 05:46 am
After having a cradle to

After having a cradle to grave health care tax (paid to private insurance companies!) imposed by a Democrat majority, I don't trust the Democrats in power. I will vote in November on the issues without regard to Party.

slippery 25
slippery 25 09/01/10 - 06:27 am
Another person who does not

Another person who does not understand the word debt.

My Take
My Take 09/01/10 - 06:35 am
Tracy you are truly

Tracy you are truly delusional ole chap. I hope you seek help. The problem
you have Tracy is the voters aren’t uniformed as you say. Like the liberal elite you condescendingly tell all the little people you must be uninformed to be so stupid, well Tracy we are informed and we are about to kick you on your back side and Hussein will be right behind you and the congress in 2012.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/01/10 - 06:46 am
TRACY...tracy...tracy....Why

TRACY...tracy...tracy....Why does it have to be about party....when will the day come when we can vote for the person who will represent us & forget the party.....plleeze hurry independents & take over this country.

AEinstein
AEinstein 09/01/10 - 07:02 am
Come November, the most

Come November, the most dangerous place to be is between a conservative and the voting booth.

NoCatchyName
NoCatchyName 09/01/10 - 07:11 am
Taxes and Government

Taxes and Government regulation is not what made this country great. The greatness has persisted for a time in spite of them, but the weight of them is taking its toll.

Southern_Patriot
Southern_Patriot 09/01/10 - 07:36 am
Evidently Jr. has been

Evidently Jr. has been watching to much American Idol and other nonsense and not keeping up with what's going on the world and drinking a lot of KOOL AID.

garner49
garner49 09/01/10 - 07:43 am
NOT!!!! Tracy, need to open

NOT!!!!

Tracy, need to open those eyes.

Dorion
Dorion 09/01/10 - 07:48 am
If I have nothing to add to

If I have nothing to add to the debate, I'm going to use the "kool Aide" theory. You guys are drinking kool aide.

Kettle donations rise in 2014