Frequently, this forum receives letters from those of the liberal persuasion who wish to praise President Obama for various reasons. Believe it or not, as a conservative I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the president as well.

Thank you, Mr. Obama. The sheer force of your colossal incompetence has united the right, alienated independents and even has liberal pundits such as Maureen Dowd, David Gergen and James Carville questioning your abilities.

Thank you for ensuring another 30 to 35 Republican representatives and 10 or more Republican senators in Congress after the midterm elections.

Thank you for guaranteeing that your presidency will be a one-term fiasco best remembered as Jimmy Carter's second term.

But mostly, thank you for exposing left-leaning thought and governance for what it is: anti-individual, anti-productive and downright anti-American.

William Davis

Augusta

Dixieman
Dixieman 06/10/10 - 12:13 am
Megadittoes.

Megadittoes.

sjgraci
sjgraci 06/10/10 - 12:54 am
Dream on in your tea party

Dream on in your tea party world.

ohhsweetconcord
ohhsweetconcord 06/10/10 - 01:15 am
Just wait till he comes after

Just wait till he comes after your children. He's foaming at the mouth just at the thought. Ohh, so scary.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 06/10/10 - 03:06 am
Kudos!, Mr Davis. Well said.

Kudos!, Mr Davis. Well said. The shame is that in this most perilous of times for our nation, we desperately need leadership by a real statesman that can truly united us all and lead our country towards solvency, healing and peace. Instead, we are suffering with an arrogant progressive idealogue that is so far over his head, that I am sure he actually believes his own socialist rhetoric. November cannot come soon enough imho. Then we can all thank him with our votes and let him know how much we appreciate his arrogance, incompetence and total disregard of the will of most Americans. We will still have to deal with him for two more years, but perhaps we can neuter him and limit any further damage.

dani
dani 06/10/10 - 03:57 am
Can't help but wonder why

Can't help but wonder why Obama or his czars made no attempt to stop the oil from reaching shore in the early days. I know Obama could not have plugged the hole in the pipe - but he could have made a stab at protecting the coastal areas. I don't think he ever even thought about it. Smart, very smart?

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 06/10/10 - 04:16 am
I also wonder why obama

I also wonder why obama didn't mention that deep water drilling makes simple breaks into major ecological disasters while the same incident on shore would have been a minor repair with almost no down time and almost no spill, if it would have happened at all. Instead the incompetent fool looks to strengthen the EPA and weaken the economy. Tone deaf? Only a lot. When the communitarian is gone, America will be a better and freer place.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 06/10/10 - 04:58 am
sjgraci.........haven't you

sjgraci.........haven't you noticed that the dump of incumbents has already started?

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 06/10/10 - 05:41 am
CNN hasn't let the news

CNN hasn't let the news "slip" yet, TTT. Many lefties will be surprised.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 06/10/10 - 06:02 am
I saw the headline and

I saw the headline and thought "oh jeez, not another idiot." Then read the letter and was delightfully surprised.

OnlyinAgs
OnlyinAgs 06/10/10 - 07:21 am
Mr. Davis is one of many on

Mr. Davis is one of many on the right nesting in the COOCOO nest.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/10/10 - 07:44 am
I love what former Clinton

I love what former Clinton adviser James Carville, a die-hard liberal said about Obama..."Lackadaisacal." Perfect. When the libs are turning on one of their own, you know things are bad.

OnlyinAgs
OnlyinAgs 06/10/10 - 07:47 am
Coo Cooooooo

Coo Cooooooo

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 06/10/10 - 08:27 am
Apparently Onlyinagshasn't

Apparently Onlyinagshasn't heard how the established candidates are dropping like flies either......hard to see with your head in the sand.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/10/10 - 08:29 am
Good morning ONLYIN. I see

Good morning ONLYIN. I see your vocabulary has expanded by leaps and bounds.

usafvet
usafvet 06/10/10 - 08:34 am
Only in Augusta is actually

Only in Augusta is actually speaking his mind.

OnlyinAgs
OnlyinAgs 06/10/10 - 09:07 am
And the ODSers are still

And the ODSers are still alive and well. I want my country back. I can't wait for November to see all the REPUBLICAN Messiah's floating in the sky in full view. It's been prophesized they will be seen by millions floating towards DC who's sole purpose is to turn DC around and get the country back to where it belongs. Shouts "HALLELUJAH"

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/10/10 - 09:23 am
ONLYIN, I guess this

ONLYIN, I guess this incompetent, foreign king bowing, world apologizing president is your idea of a great leader? Hey, that's your right, but was the religious tone really necessary? I don't say you worship Obama, even tough you act that way sometime.

burninater
burninater 06/10/10 - 09:41 am
So it's more important that

So it's more important that people with an (R) after their names are in office than that those in office govern competently? The operative word in "blind devotion" is not, unfortunately, devotion.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 06/10/10 - 09:47 am

Thank you so much William Davis for writing this insightful letter. It is always refreshing to read an honest LTE.

usafvet
usafvet 06/10/10 - 09:56 am
It is no wonder the democrats

It is no wonder the democrats are perturbed, they are afraid we are going to run out of money before the multitude is given their fair share of it. They are reproducing at a much faster rate than we conservatives which means our off spring will have to earn more money just to support the ever growing "leech mob".

getalife
getalife 06/10/10 - 09:55 am
Great letter Mr. Davis.

Great letter Mr. Davis.

GAterp
GAterp 06/10/10 - 09:56 am
Say what you want about

Say what you want about President Obama. I'll take him over W any day of the week and any month of the year and any year of the decade and any decade of the century. That's a no-brainer to me. And I like Joe Biden a heck of a lot more than Cheney too!

bettyboop
bettyboop 06/10/10 - 10:29 am
LOL....GAterp..you can't help

LOL....GAterp..you can't help it..we pray for all sheeple..................

grouse
grouse 06/10/10 - 10:34 am
"Prezbhojangles" is offensive

"Prezbhojangles" is offensive and racist. Why doesn't The Chronicle filter this like they do [filtered word]s?

OnlyinAgs
OnlyinAgs 06/10/10 - 11:11 am
I can't wait to see the sky

I can't wait to see the sky part in November after elections, I truly want to see all those REPUBLICAN MESSIAHS floating in the air.

OnlyinAgs
OnlyinAgs 06/10/10 - 11:24 am
LOL I bet you taught your

LOL I bet you taught your grandchildren that word right, you gave them the definition and probably even showed them a pic. I know you told them to USE it freely when they see fit?

OnlyinAgs
OnlyinAgs 06/10/10 - 11:26 am
The guy who played BUCKWHEAT:

The guy who played BUCKWHEAT: William Thomas died at age 49 of a heart attack. (wow I never knew that buckwheat was a man!!) Did you tell your grandchildren that.

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 06/10/10 - 12:36 pm
Now if James Carville can

Now if James Carville can only convert George Stephanopolous the transition will be complete. I know some diehard democrats who did not vote for Obama and will not in the next election. If we can just keep those barely literate idiots from voting next time, maybe we can get America back on track.

omnomnom
omnomnom 06/10/10 - 01:08 pm
yey! thanks to Obama the GOP

yey! thanks to Obama the GOP will have a chance to "take Amurrica back" and then... uh... do what exactly?

GAterp
GAterp 06/10/10 - 01:12 pm
Betty, don't pray for me,

Betty, don't pray for me, pray for your children. Grouse, you have an excellent point there. For all these good folks who respect the Office but for some unfortunate logic do not respect the President, then the AC editorial board should step up and stop that kind of comment. It's just downright wrong, and they know it, but play to the right wing Tea Party Guns & God crowd. Nice job editors!