In little more than a year President Obama has compiled an envious record of achievements (if you're cheerleading for the other guys):
- bailout of banks "too big to fail";
- bailout and sellout of the auto industry to the United Auto Workers;
- a $787 billion "stimulus" that has largely failed to produce non-government jobs;
- appointment of 30-some "czars," some with questionable backgrounds and without congressional vetting, to run oversight functions resulting from further expansion of government's umbrella;
- favoring the decision to try 9-11 terrorist detainees in civilian courts in U.S. sovereign territory, imposing huge security costs as well as providing a platform for their anti-American rhetoric;
- bowing in subservience to foreign leaders;
- apologizing to foreign leaders for America's role as "perpetrator" of much of the world's strife;
- stating that America is no longer "a Christian nation";
- forcing Obamacare down the throats of a dissenting majority of the electorate, using bribery and funny math, to be paid for through tax increases and massive Medicare cuts;
- straining our long strategic relationship with Israel in favor of closer ties with Muslim countries;
- pledging not to retaliate with nukes in the event of a chemical or biological attack on the United States by a foreign entity, so long as that entity is a signatory of the non-proliferation treaty;
- projecting a deficit of $1.5 trillion for 2010.
We ain't seen nothin' yet! Coming down the pike are bills to levy $800 billion in new taxes on carbon footprints (cap and trade); a value-added tax; and tax hikes for upper- and middle-class incomes and businesses. All this and massive deficits, too. ...
Let's start righting the ship this November and finish the job in 2012!