Obama's abortion policies are shameful

Led by cheerleader-in-chief Barack Obama, the pro-abortion advocates insist on women having the choice to terminate their unborn children. However, Obama and his henchmen in Congress inserted a mandate in the health-care bill requiring citizens to purchase health insurance or face stiff penalties and eventually jail.

A choice to murder your unborn child who has a heartbeat at three weeks after conception, but no choice to purchase health insurance? Is this the land of the free?

The most pernicious aspect of this health-care bill is that it coerces taxpayers to fund abortion, despite the executive order Obama signed to achieve passage. This order is not statutory law, and can be overturned easily in court.

In the 2008 presidential election, a majority of Americans accepted Obama's rhetoric without analyzing his character. If they had, they would have discovered that, as an Illinois state legislator, he argued and voted against the Born Alive Act, which protected children who survived abortion. This barbaric attitude could be taken right out of the Nazi playbook.

Three days into his regime, Obama overturned the Mexico City Policy, which banned the use of taxpayer funds to promote and perform international abortions. Obama currently is peddling abortion overseas at taxpayer expense.

Citizens of this republic must battle the increasing moral decay in our government. Politicians such as Obama see the light only when they feel the heat.

Insider Information
Insider Information 04/18/10 - 10:08 pm
Mr. Irish hit the nail on the

Mr. Irish hit the nail on the head. The president and Congress literally did everything, including lie, cheat and steal, for health care. As a result, we now have a "right" (mandate) to pay an insurance company, but we still have no right to life. The Constitution guarantees a right to "life, liberty and a pursuit of happiness." I pray that one day we will have those rights.

Insider Information
Insider Information 04/18/10 - 10:32 pm
grouse, where does the

grouse, where does the Constitution refer to a right to health care? I can show you where it guarantees a right to life.

Insider Information
Insider Information 04/18/10 - 10:32 pm
grouse, where does the

audioofbeing
audioofbeing 04/18/10 - 10:46 pm
Not that it's an argument I

Not that it's an argument I really get up in arms about, but Insider, where does the constitution specifically refer to the establishment of city fire departments?

Insider Information
Insider Information 04/18/10 - 11:13 pm
audio, no one is arguing that

audio, no one is arguing that city fire departments are a right. Actually, cities are cutting many services. I read in the AJC that a Georgia city was considering cutting its police department and allowing the sheriff's office to patrol within the city limits.
However, people are arguing that health care is a right. The only rights are the ones guaranteed by the Constitution, such as the right to life.

audioofbeing
audioofbeing 04/18/10 - 11:41 pm
Fair enough. My point is that

Fair enough. My point is that several government services are provided despite not being specifically enumerated, but I misunderstood where you were going.

As I said, this isn't an argument I fight for too vigorously myself, but if I was going to I'd probably lean heavily on two things: the preamble stating that one of the primary purposes of the document is to promote the general welfare, and the idea that if the State's can't properly manage healthcare, they're indirectly depriving people of their right to life and property. I could make a claim of liberty as well, but I realize that to most people here I'm on thin ice already.

NewHere
NewHere 04/19/10 - 04:25 am
This letter is not based on

This letter is not based on facts...is just a waste of ink.

carcraft
carcraft 04/19/10 - 04:54 am
Audio-You folks make me

Audio-You folks make me laugh-1) Fire departments are ran by the local government-2) Hence the PEOPLE, throught local government, under the 10th amendment have the right to establish a fire department-3) The constitution applies to the Federal Government limiting the Federal Governments powers 4) The powers not specifically spelled out in the constituion are reserved for the states and people- Is this really that hard to understand? Remember you have Federal, State, County, and Local goverments- That is why some states sell alcohol and Sunday and some don't, that is why gun laws vary from state to state and the PRIVILEDGE to drive is granted by each state and not the Federal Government etc etc DUH!

carcraft
carcraft 04/19/10 - 04:59 am
If you don't think the States

If you don't think the States can manage health care etc amend the Constitution-The general welfare clause is an introduction to the powers of the federal government not a granting of power in and of it's self...

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 04/19/10 - 05:17 am
hussein could be performing

hussein could be performing the abortions himself and his worshippers would still be bowing to him.

southernguy08
southernguy08 04/19/10 - 05:18 am
Obama and shame go together

Obama and shame go together like incompetence and this administration. Maybe he can redeem himself by bowing to more foreign kings and calling the USA arrogant.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 04/19/10 - 05:24 am
That is not true at all!

That is not true at all! Besides, I didn't see Bush (or any other previous potus for that matter) even attempt to repeal the abortion laws in 8 (count 'em) years! Give it a rest and lay blame where it is due. Better yet, get your facts straight before blaming the current President for every single thing that is wrong with this country and this world we live in! Do even get me started on "analyzing someone's character". Analyze your own for bearing false witness. Lastly, my grandparents lost everything to the Nazi's. Quit throwing labels around. You have no idea what a Nazi is. But let me tell you, it is certainly not our president.
Just make sure you don't turn into one with your wild ideas.

slippery 25
slippery 25 04/19/10 - 05:49 am
There is no doubt that Obama

There is no doubt that Obama is pro abortion. Ok! What does it tell you about the character of a man who signed an executive order that is totally opposite to what he believes just to gain someones vote.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 04/19/10 - 06:16 am
obama's executive order

obama's executive order (blocking taxpayer funded abortion) was just smoke and mirrors. Totally meaningless. Killing unborn babies is very high on this man's list of things to do. 2012 can't get here soon enough.

justus4
justus4 04/19/10 - 07:00 am
Look at the LTE and pick out

Look at the LTE and pick out the words that are offensive. The letter is a disgrace to any intelligent person, but fits neatly into the so-called "free speech" scheme that printing operations employ to destort facts. Now if my opinion was explored and my words were used to evaluate truths, printing operations would use a different standard. They'd get on a high horse and say, "That statement is out of bounds." But print garbage LTE saying, "Obama see the light only when they feel the heat." Which means what? What heat? Heat from what? A fire? How do they get away with printing such bunk? Well, it's easy. With the local "cheerleaders" printing operations who decides which LTE to print, they choose the ones with colorful language, however, it's obviously a poor choice. Oh, and abortions are legal. A woman can control their bodies and NOT have some clown with a Bible telling her what's right. And for those clowns who think it's wrong, try changing the laws -fools!

Kapa18
Kapa18 04/19/10 - 07:24 am
We (Prochoice) could say the

We (Prochoice) could say the same about people who believe in the death penalty and I personally do. Stop trying to make dirt out of sand because it's found on the ground. This is not a opinion, it's the law of the land and the opinion of 75% of Americans and even more around the world. I won't try to explain our ProChoice thoughts because I know you would never understand them, which is sad because I do understand ProLife. I just know ProLife is not a shoe that can fit the majority of women and ProLife is. It's about choice, and that baby is freedom and liberty. I would suggest you find a topic that is more apt to change, this isn't one of them.

Kapa18
Kapa18 04/19/10 - 07:27 am
carcraft, you didn't miss the

carcraft, you didn't miss the call to teach constitutional law at one of the local or national universities. It never came because you are unqualified to do so. Your rants an raves prove so. Stick with cars, hopefully you are better at it.

Kapa18
Kapa18 04/19/10 - 07:32 am
justus4, I like your post and

justus4, I like your post and you are right on in every way. But I didn't want to say there are Christians (and a lot of them) who are ProChoice, and I am one of them. I believe in the sanctity of life and the forgiveness of sins. If abortion is a sin, and it probably is, they must repent. But just as I can't forgive sin, I don't judge it. We are all going to have to give an account to the same maker. I am not that maker. God said he hates sin, not the sinner. We often try to choose what sin, but we are taught to love our neighbor not judge him.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/19/10 - 08:00 am
Kapa, that post makes no

Kapa, that post makes no sense. Perhaps you could rewrite it.

FaceTheMusic
FaceTheMusic 04/19/10 - 08:07 am
The Constitution gives

The Constitution gives Congress the right to regulate commerce. Last time I checked, the insurance industry is indeed commerce. The healthcare bill has about as much chance of being repealed as Roe v Wade has of being overturned. Not going to happen! The world never spins backwards.

southernguy08
southernguy08 04/19/10 - 08:31 am
KAPA, you give the same

KAPA, you give the same status to some murdering dirtbag who has been tried and convicted in a court of law to an unborn child who never did any harm to anyone? Maybe you consider abortion "mercy killing," eh?
These are some sad times we live in, folks.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/19/10 - 08:34 am
Face, the constitution gives

Face, the constitution gives the right to regulate commerce that has actively occurred. It does not give the gov't the right to regulate inactivity. How can it make you buy something from a private organization? Poll out today says only 22% of people trust the gov't. Wonder why.

carcraft
carcraft 04/19/10 - 08:46 am
Kapa-please tell me where I

Kapa-please tell me where I am wrong! Look up the "Promote General Welfare" clause on the inter net- The constitution allows regulation of INTER State COMMERCE (that would be commerce between the states) since insurance is regulated by each state and not sold across state lines it is not enterstate commerce.. does not allow regulation of commerce with in a state face the music!

carcraft
carcraft 04/19/10 - 08:47 am
Kappa- insults do not prove

Kappa- insults do not prove your argument, From what law school is your degree?

butler123
butler123 04/19/10 - 08:55 am
While I'm not pro abortion, I

While I'm not pro abortion, I think it is for God alone to judge. If abortions were to be paid for before these young women realized how they can benefit from having more children it might stop the cycle. Pay now or pay much more later.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 04/19/10 - 09:49 am
hussein worshippers haven't

hussein worshippers haven't seen the latest-80%(majority)do NOT trust hussein or the government.the MAJORITY has spoken get over it!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/19/10 - 10:18 am
justus4. Slavery was legal,

justus4. Slavery was legal, too. That didn't make it right. The law should be changed, because science and morality both agree that life begins at conception and ends at natural death. If life begins at conception, snuffing out that life is murder. If the death penalty is carried out by the court system, the courts are also committing murder and making citizens party to it whether they agree with it or not. I don't agree with that either. The laws conflict and should be changed to respect life. It is not my place to judge. It IS my place to speak the truth.

SnidleyWhiplash
SnidleyWhiplash 04/19/10 - 10:29 am
Nevermind the fact that

Nevermind the fact that abortions are the law of the land, and have been for some time now, but the above LTE is full of outright lies, no doubt regurgitated after hearing Beck or Rushbo spew the same lies. Nothing has changed about abortion, or the funding thereof. Please stop watching Fox "News" and think for yourself for a change.

orb
orb 04/19/10 - 10:44 am
JohnQPublic You say: "That is

JohnQPublic

You say: "That is not true at all!"

Actually everything Mr. Irish said is true. Obama is the slaughterer of the unborn and if he had his way the slaughterer of the unborn. Perhaps with his Obamacare and the "death panels" it establishes he will become the slaughterer of the old and infirm.

You say: "You have no idea what a Nazi is."

Actually Mr. Irish does since he recognizes that Obama is a Nazi/Fascist/Marxist. They are all the same you know and you can also throw Communist into the mix!

orb
orb 04/19/10 - 10:51 am
Kapa18 You say: "I won't try

Kapa18

You say: "I won't try to explain our ProChoice thoughts because I know you would never understand them."

You are correct. It is difficult for anyone to justify murder and even more difficult for anyone to understand why someone would murder or endorse murder, especially the murder of babies!