Name-calling doesn't solve our problems

How could The Augusta Chronicle's editorial staff justify printing "Right-wingers hide behind patriotism" (March 30)? This letter is nothing more than left-wing, hate-mongering vitriol and name-calling that contributes nothing to the ongoing debate on the issues facing our nation.

As my mother always used to tell me: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. The modern corollary to that sentiment would be: If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion, please keep your mouth shut.

Name-calling and hate-mongering only cloud the issue and prevent us from coming to a consensus.

carcraft
carcraft 04/04/10 - 03:22 pm
Gasping water-The left has

Gasping water-The left has been very good at villifiying people and name calling and they are still at it..code pink disrupting a Rove Book Signing..Calling the Tea parety members racist and accusing them of hurling the N word with NO EVIDENCE, all the people that blamed Rove for the Plame debacle when it was Armitage..Bush is a war criminal etc, the 60 minuet false report on Bush and the national guard..The trooper gate and Palin.., Using confidential records in violation of state law to mess over Joe the Plumber, attacking business executives with false accusations of corruption....just a few of the lefts better moments..

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 04/04/10 - 04:49 pm
"Barrack the Magic Negro" is

"Barrack the Magic Negro" is a line printed by the radical left paper, the Los Angeles Times. (It was at a time before the big promotion of obama the messiah was initiated.) Limbaugh read the article on the air and provided a link for all who were interested in reading the extremely slanted article for themselves. (I read it. It was like listening to Bill Moyers) So, grouse, your example was a mistake because of the trick information you get from CNN. Once again, they lied to you in an apparently successful effort to manipulate you. (not that you care) As far as Beck's comment that obama is a racist, well, that's like saying Beck is lying because he said water is wet. Come on, what ISN'T obama racist about?

KSL
KSL 04/04/10 - 03:57 pm
Don't forget about Hill's

Don't forget about Hill's little army of people who went around during Bill's 8 years using Saul Alinsky's attack tactics.

orb
orb 04/04/10 - 05:06 pm
gaspringwater The Fascists in

gaspringwater

The Fascists in the democrat party are masters at the"dirt game" as you call it but then they learned from their masters Herman Goebbels and Karl Marx!

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 04/04/10 - 05:54 pm
KSL - Thank you for bringing

KSL - Thank you for bringing up Saul David Alinsky (1909-1972), book author, community, minority and labor union activist. Similar to Dr. Martin Luther King but Alinsky was inclined to use a little more civil disobedience. In the beginning he said - I never thought of walking on the grass,' until I saw a sign saying 'Keep off the grass.' Then I stomped all over it.'

He'll not be a conservative favorite but maybe they'll get curious and read a little about him. Certainly different from their usual diet of Fox News and rant radio. Maybe they'll acquire a thirst for enlighten and move on to reading Che Guevara. But somehow I doubt it. Do you doubt it too?

huttriver
huttriver 04/04/10 - 06:48 pm
As long as you are a

As long as you are a right-winger criticism is ok? What is hateful anyway?Saying Pres. Bush was a Richard?

KSL
KSL 04/04/10 - 07:07 pm
For those who don't yet

For those who don't yet realize how dangerous Obama is. http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm

KSL
KSL 04/04/10 - 07:12 pm
dani
dani 04/04/10 - 07:54 pm
Rush, Coulter, etc can't hold

Rush, Coulter, etc can't hold a candle to the leftist Liberals on mSNBC.
Watch for a few seconds, even a liberal will get sick.

audioofbeing
audioofbeing 04/04/10 - 09:14 pm
KSL, the site you linked to

KSL, the site you linked to regarding Obama had articles decrying the dangers of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Harry Potter, and Halloween. Halloween especially because it's "...when the veil between the physical and spiritual realms allegedly becomes thin enough to allow easy crossovers."

I'm just curious if you stand by that site as a source you want to be affiliated with.

Also, a link to an internet forum of people making up silly names isn't hard to come across. I could link to any number of threads here that are nothing but baseless name-calling of Obama. Of course, as far as I know, nobody has ever claimed that Bush went his entire 8 years without being mocked, so I'm unsure what your point is.

orb
orb 04/04/10 - 09:14 pm
gaspringwater At least you

gaspringwater

At least you have sufficient insight to understand that Saul Alinsky and Che Guevara are of the same Marxist ideology. Now add Bill Ayers, Wright, and Obama and you will have five of a kind!

KSL
KSL 04/04/10 - 09:17 pm
audio, I just picked one of

audio, I just picked one of many. If we had access to the posting history here, I would have simply gone there and given many examples right here on the AC. The point is, gasp is just wrong in what he says.

KSL
KSL 04/04/10 - 09:19 pm
Cite, not site.

Cite, not site.

audioofbeing
audioofbeing 04/04/10 - 09:28 pm
No, I meant site, as in

No, I meant site, as in website. I know the difference.

I don't believe you answered the question regarding the first source you provided. Is it a site you think has merit, considering their other views?

I also don't believe you've contradicted what gaspringwater has said, which is that the right-wing political establishment is better at getting this sort of information/branding out there. It's a difficult point to make, or to disprove, but a random forum on the internet that has no apparent link to any political party has nothing to do with the claim. References from this forum would likewise have no bearing on the conversation.

KSL
KSL 04/04/10 - 09:37 pm
Audio, I have no idea if the

Audio, I have no idea if the site has merit. However, I do remember Bush being called many of those names. And that is the issue. As I said, I picked one of many sites that could have proved my point.

audioofbeing
audioofbeing 04/04/10 - 09:48 pm
That is not the issue. Nobody

That is not the issue. Nobody has denied that Bush was insulted during office. When that discussion happens, pointing out random websites without checking to see if they have any worth at all might be a valid tactic. As it is now, it's nothing but a distraction and a straw-man.

KSL
KSL 04/04/10 - 10:10 pm
Remember, gasp cited no

Remember, gasp cited no sources nor provided any sites to back up his statement. It continues to be just an opinion. To say that conservatives have a lock on putting out disinformation is ludicrous. Both sides are calling each other some of the same names, by the way. Oh, and Hank Johnson has serious health problems, is on some serious drugs, is probably not fit to be voting in Congress now. Voting under the influence. But then Teddy did that for years.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 04/04/10 - 10:12 pm
Wow, King is like Alinsky?

Wow, King is like Alinsky? That's ugly! I think Jackson's interpretation of what King stood for is like Alinsky. That little "readjustment" has a lot to do with the tilt of the enslaved subsidy culture. I hate our government education system.

audioofbeing
audioofbeing 04/04/10 - 10:31 pm
You're correct, gaspringwater

You're correct, gaspringwater did not provide sources. Personal opinions aside, that is something I abhor, and until (he?) does bring some actual facts to the table, his point is also lacking any support. Of course, I did say it's a hard point to prove; in my mind that addressed his lack of sourcing. I understand that it can be difficult to comprehend some less than transparent comments, and I apologize.

You did supply sources, and my questions were merely attempts to find where you stood as regards those sources. I found them questionable or irrelevant, and I was curious what you thought they brought to the conversation. I'm pleased to see you agree that contribution was minimal. We do seem to share something.

In regards to Congressman Johnson, my issue is with the ACES. I'm glad to see you have kept the good Congressman in your mind though, and that the compassion I feel towards those with terminal illnesses isn't a rarity. I know many would attempt to use his illness as a political point, or even bait, but it's heart-warming to know there are good people in the world. God bless you.

KSL
KSL 04/04/10 - 10:43 pm
Hep C is a frightening

Hep C is a frightening disease. My husband has had concerns for himself since he has had possible exposure in the distant pass on the job. I need to remind him to mention this to his doc before his next checkup.

Thanks for your kind remarks. Sarcasm noted.