Nation sheds God, takes up entitlements

Health-care reform is another government Trojan horse. It's more proof that America is no longer a practicing Christian nation. Therefore, America is no longer one nation under God, but one nation that has plundered God.

America's new motto is "one nation -- fat, dumb and happy." The leaders are a reflection of the people they serve. The problems are neither Democratic nor Republican. The problem lies with the unrepentant souls who voted them in office.

Now, the empire is crumbling because the government has incorporated God and the wages of sin are entitlements. Again, the man in the mirror has only himself to blame.

brimisjoshan
brimisjoshan 03/29/10 - 11:05 pm
This letter absolutely makes

This letter absolutely makes no sense to me. I agree that in many ways we have shed our dependence on God and now are trying to trust the government to take care of us. But his letter just doesn't seem to make sense.

GGpap
GGpap 03/30/10 - 02:24 am
brimisjoshan, AMEN!

brimisjoshan, AMEN!

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 03/30/10 - 03:25 am
"In the end they will lay

"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" [Dosteovsky's 'Grand Inquisitor']

GGpap
GGpap 03/30/10 - 04:05 am
"Almost every wise saying has

"Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it."
[George Santayana]

GGpap
GGpap 03/30/10 - 05:01 am
"My piece of bread only

"My piece of bread only belongs to me when I know that everyone else has a share, and that no one starves while I eat." [Leo Tolstoy]

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 03/30/10 - 05:33 am
"Your piece of bread only

"Your piece of bread only belongs to you when I know that everyone else has a share, and that no one starves while you eat". [obamassiah]

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 03/30/10 - 05:47 am
The wise can see the

The wise can see the difference between personal choice and government dictate. [American]

fd1962
fd1962 03/30/10 - 07:22 am
Another pandering Chronicle

Another pandering Chronicle LTE selection. Surprised right to life abuses not included in our collective self-destruction.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 03/30/10 - 07:23 am
yeah, fd1962, or the right to

yeah, fd1962, or the right to kill babies.

fd1962
fd1962 03/30/10 - 07:25 am
Nice job on the quotes

Nice job on the quotes though!

fd1962
fd1962 03/30/10 - 07:33 am
'Killing babies' is tempting

'Killing babies' is tempting Chronicle-speak to whack your comment, Cliff. 'Right to life abuse' is the approved community politeness now.

grouse
grouse 03/30/10 - 07:41 am
Gee, I thought the Bible

Gee, I thought the Bible espoused doing for others, healing the sick and that sort of thing...

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 03/30/10 - 07:52 am
Maybe the Bible also

Maybe the Bible also explained that God helped those that help them selves. I'm not certain the Bible encouraged enabling.

RoadKing09
RoadKing09 03/30/10 - 07:53 am
To help others less fortunate

To help others less fortunate should be MY Choice, not the Government.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 03/30/10 - 07:54 am
It's alright to kill babies,

It's alright to kill babies, but it's not alright to say "kill babies"? Well fd1962, Sean will explain it to me if they pull my comments.

gaspringwater
gaspringwater 03/30/10 - 08:57 am
Mr. Palmer bemoans the

Mr. Palmer bemoans the crumbling empire but it's not crumbling fast enough to suit everybody.

soldout
soldout 03/30/10 - 09:14 am
Good letter. If you read the

Good letter. If you read the Bible you will understand what is happening, why it happens and what the future holds. The good thing for the Christian is the Word says a thousand can fall by our side and it will not come near you. Trust God to care for you and let the Holy Spirit lead your every step and you will have peace and joy while things fall apart around you. God's ability to bless you is not controlled by the mistakes of government. Make your relationship with Jesus the biggest thing in your life and make the Bible your reality and all things will work together for good for you. That is guaranteed by the creator of the universe.

Republicant
Republicant 03/30/10 - 09:24 am
Someone please tell me the

Someone please tell me the verse in the Bible that states "God helps those who helps themselves."

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

soldout
soldout 03/30/10 - 09:44 am
Ben Franklin is the one who

Ben Franklin is the one who said it but 2nd Thessalonians chapter 3 verses 6-12 supports the concept. Of course sowing and reaping is a powerful force that makes that statement usually work out.

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 03/30/10 - 10:10 am
Don't blame me, I didn't vote

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him!

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 03/30/10 - 10:11 am
"Again, the man in the mirror

"Again, the man in the mirror has only himself to blame."- Don't blame me, I didn't vote for any of this mess.

DaddyFrog
DaddyFrog 03/30/10 - 10:39 am
Rom.13:1--"Everyone must

Rom.13:1--"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities,for there is no authority except that which God has established.The authorities that exist have been established by God."
Rom.13:6-7--(6)"This is why you pay taxes,for the authorities are God's servants,who give their full time to governing.(7)Give everyone what you owe him.If you owe taxes,pay taxes;if revenue,then revenue;
if respect,then respect;if honor,then honor."
I'm no theologian,but it sounds to me like the government we have God put it here for whatever reason.

dani
dani 03/30/10 - 10:40 am
The servant came in from the

The servant came in from the fields and said to his master, some of the men refuse to work and without their help there will not be enough food for all to eat. The master answered, "Let those who work, eat."
From the Holy Bible.

texred
texred 03/30/10 - 11:00 am
People keep forget one thing,

People keep forget one thing, EVERYTHING belongs to the Lord anyway!!! It was here when we got here and it will be here when we are gone!!!!

GAterp
GAterp 03/30/10 - 11:22 am
I don't believe this letter.

I don't believe this letter. The nation is not shedding God, why I saw on the News last night (on Fox) that this Hutaree movement is a Christian Warrior group that prays and plays paintball on the weekends. What good Christian fun that could be, if they were not planning to kill police and then wreck the funerals. There seems to be a lot more of these God-like groups hanging around in the USA today. I think that they should not go to jail but perhaps head over to Afghanistan for a new reality TV show, "Whose Better - our Fundamentalists or Yours?"

PeaceBWithU
PeaceBWithU 03/30/10 - 11:24 am
Health Care Reform another

Health Care Reform another government Trojan Horse. Really? It's obvious, Mr. Palmer, that you have never had much of a fight with the insurance companies to get the coverage that you payed for. That's right, I said payed for, not handed out. It's also obvious that you've never tried to be payed by the insurance company, for a service that you rendered. The "Delay of Payment Game" is almost criminal. I fully support anyone who is going to try to reign in these greedy, poor excuses for Americans.

GAterp
GAterp 03/30/10 - 11:25 am
Last night I watched the "10

Last night I watched the "10 Commandments" in my basement private theater (120" diagonal projection screen). Now there's a good movie! It reminded me why I used to like Charlton Heston. What a good actor. And the movie had no liberal, tree-hugging, blue people either. If I want to see blue people then I watch the Smurfs or go see the Blue Man group bang on trash cans and other percussion instruments.

1776 03/30/10 - 12:17 pm
I absolutely agree that if

I absolutely agree that if one can work, they should. However, what about the sleezy, greedy insurances companies? I have a friend who has always worked and paid for her insurance. She has endured breast cancer twice, and the insurance dropped her, and now she can't get insurance to cover her because of pre-existing condition. Now that really is moral, huh? This and the lifetime cap on benefits should have been banned ages ago, but both repubs and dems, have turned a blind-eye this obvious gouging on the part of insurance companies.

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 03/30/10 - 01:23 pm
I really do not understand

I really do not understand how one man can singlehandedly, in one years time, change the way our government operates in the U.S. We didn't put up with this from Bill Clinton, and of course oil man George Bush was pro business, so we only had to worry about the rich getting richer under his watch, but under Obama we are all going to wind up in the soup line, it doesn't make any difference if you are rich, poor, or anywhere in between. It is time for those democrats that support Obama's every move to wake up and smell the gas.

Republicant
Republicant 03/30/10 - 01:34 pm
I don't necessarily support

I don't necessarily support Obama's policy, but I haven't seen anything come from the Republicans except for hypocrisy, stalling and flat out lies.