Gay pride parade should be forbidden

The city is considering allowing a so-called gay pride parade through the streets of Augusta. There is nothing "gay" about it!

To allow homosexuals to parade up and down the streets of Augusta -- and to allow these gay people to push their perverted sexual agenda in our face -- is not moral. I have no problem with these people keeping their sexually perverted behavior to themselves at home behind closed doors and not pushing it on the rest of us.

What's next -- parades for those who practice bestiality, or pedophiles on parade?

Mayor Copenhaver should tell any ACLU lawyers fighting for this parade to go back to Atlanta. The people of Augusta, Richmond County and the CSRA do not tolerate this immoral behavior for public display.

Rick A. Bernardi Sr.

North Augusta, S.C.

mable8
mable8 02/18/10 - 08:13 pm
Well, Mr Bernardi: Shall we

Well, Mr Bernardi: Shall we absolutely FORBID you to have your opinion? If you don't like the idea, then stay home, go to the beach, visit relatives in another State--you do not have to be there to watch it. Besides, you live in SC and the parade is to be held in GA, so what's your beef? As for the CSRA, I live in this area and you do not speak for me (or hundreds of othe CSRA residents). By the way, didn't you ever learn that intolerance is amoral????

bclicious
bclicious 02/18/10 - 09:14 pm
For the record, I don't have

For the record, I don't have a problem with gay people or people who believe in a variety of beliefs. I just think that you should have to have a parade to prove to everyone out there how proud you are of your beliefs. I mean, I believe video games and shooting guns for fun is the best thing ever, but I don't want to have a parade about it. If the gays pull this off and have a parade, they will only accomplish one thing. It will incit a bunch of extremist anti-gay sentiment, and there will probably be a lot of hetero on homosexual crime in the coming months. The supporters of this parade will come from many places, and when they go home it is both the hetero and homosexual people who will suffer when the parade is over. I guarantee you that this parade will just be the start of many bad things to come if it happens. I hope the supporters of the gay parade realize the underlying issues, and don't allow their pride to overwhelm their good judgement in lieu of the bloodshed that will surely ensue.

I was just playing around before, but now I am serious, this parade will just be a spark for violence against homosexuals in the area.

Humbly,

Bobby

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 02/18/10 - 09:29 pm
Bobby that is just absurd.

Bobby that is just absurd. Very few people that I'm aware of don gay labels on their clothes or their bodies declaring themselves gay. Your prediction that this parade will only incite violence is just all the more reason it should happen. I guess the blacks should have just kept quiet and not rocked the boat and offended the majority so they wouldn't be the recipients of any violence coming from the hands of others? You know those others......the ones who are not having any of their freedoms stripped or crimes committed against them, but only suffer from a mental disorder and have been taught from the centuries of historical violence that violence and oppression against peaceful humans who don't believe in the same fictional stories that rule their lives is not only acceptable but encouraged.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 02/18/10 - 10:39 pm
gsj612, were you not educated

gsj612, were you not educated in a public school? What about your gay friends? Didn't we all pay for that education with our tax money? Keep in mind if it weren't for the straights having children (some of which turn out to be gay) then people who choose your lifestyle would soon find themselves without companions. Pay your taxes with a smile and gratitude for those who shoulder the responsibilities of becoming parents.

bclicious
bclicious 02/18/10 - 11:34 pm
baronvonreich, Hey I

baronvonreich,

Hey I understand what your saying when it comes to persecution in against your way of life, but the blacks were born black, and targeted because of the color of their skin. I don't think that people who are gay should be embarressed, they should just be realistists. If you give the people who don't like gay people a healthy target, they will come up with a way to hurt the people involved with this event. If nothing happens great, but if the people who hate gay people decide to strike, all people will be hurt, not just gay people.

Sorry, but this event is just too high profile for an attack.

brayton99
brayton99 02/19/10 - 05:28 am
People, it is the

People, it is the constitutional right of every American to assemble peacefully. If you don't like the idea of a gay pride parade, don't go. It's that simple. I don't like seeing the right wing cross bearing hateful hearted people who assemble outside of the planned parenthood building, trying to forch their agenda on the citizens of this city, eventhough what they are protested against is legal. But it is their right, just as it is the right of gay people to assemble, and march in a parade.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/19/10 - 06:51 am
So if it is every American's

So if it is every American's right to assemble peacefully, then those right wing cross bearing hateful hearted people who assemble outside of planned parenthood building also have a right to peacefully assemble in protest against a gay pride parade? Just checking in case someone ask.

momma mia
momma mia 02/19/10 - 08:32 am
Homophobic much, Mr.

Homophobic much, Mr. Bernardi?

disssman
disssman 02/19/10 - 10:00 am
BRIMIS I will be waiting

BRIMIS I will be waiting patiently for god to prove your 11:40 and smite these demons into dust. He will do that won't he? I mean it is an abomination to him and he surely isn't going to allow that. So I'll just get me some popcorn and beer and sit by the radio and wait for the breaking news that the entire parade was smitten to dust. Should be an interesting day.

corgimom
corgimom 02/19/10 - 10:14 am
ICL, yes, the protesters

ICL, yes, the protesters outside Planned Parenthood most certainly do have the Constitutional right to protest. But they do not have the Constitutional right to harass, intimidate, and hit people, and block them from walking down the sidewalk or entering the building. And that is what happened to me- they violated MY Constitutional rights. But I've always wondered why they don't picket hospitals, too- where far more abortions are performed. Any insight on that?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/19/10 - 10:35 am
Go get em Corgi.....

Go get em Corgi.....

jeffschade
jeffschade 02/19/10 - 12:06 pm
@baronvonreich: You are my

@baronvonreich: You are my hero.

jeffschade
jeffschade 02/19/10 - 12:08 pm
As far as the assemblies

As far as the assemblies outside abortion clinics: Yes, that too is your right, if you so choose and follow the laws for all people's protection (as should be followed by the Pride parade).

I may not AGREE with your views (I'm more pro-choice than pro-life but not enough of either to apply a label) but I respect that we live in a country where we are free to be who we are and express that, and thus I will do whatever it takes to defend that right.

TNTASTE
TNTASTE 02/19/10 - 12:41 pm
gsj612 Many, Many people do

gsj612 Many, Many people do not look at them personally as bad. It is the stupid azz actions are bad, and we do not have to say it. The Bible says if for you. If you happen not to believe in what the Bible says then you are in the wrong Country, the morals of this country need no help being degraded by such people.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/19/10 - 12:50 pm
corgimom, I'm curious to know

corgimom, I'm curious to know where you were when you were blocked, harrassed, hit and prevented from entering a Planned Parenthood Building (what town). As for the insight on hospitals performing abortions, I do not have any facts on that so I refrain from commenting. If as you say your constitution rights were violated then get yourself a lawyer and sue. You sure have a lot of drama in your life. If there are protesters to the gay parade I would hope they would protest legally and civilly.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 02/19/10 - 01:31 pm
Wow so TNTASTE thinks anybody

Wow so TNTASTE thinks anybody who doesn't believe in the Bible should be removed from America.......that speaks volumes about the most oppressive, aggressive, violent cult to ever walk the Earth.

TNTASTE
TNTASTE 02/19/10 - 04:15 pm
Baron you are 100% correct if

Baron you are 100% correct if you can not respect what the Country you are in was founded upon get the the H out. I have had too many friends and family die for that and it will take something better than you to change my feelings about it. It just saddens me to know that they died for all the freedoms that you enjoy and so foolishly disrespect. I also pray that you enjoy the freedom from our meeting.

Nothing else to say
Nothing else to say 02/19/10 - 04:33 pm
I don't agree with their

I don't agree with their lifestyle either, but their parade won't harm me because I won't be around. My real peeve with this is that our Veterans are not supported by the community when the Veteran's Day parade is on Broad Street.

1973
1973 02/20/10 - 09:55 pm
I am so sick of hearing

I am so sick of hearing "abomination" from people who claim to know the bible and are such hypocrites in how and when they choose to apply God's judgment.

Leviticus brings forth all kinds of abominations and if you read it in context and at the time which it was written, it is clearly meant to be a health code not a moral code. It even goes so far as to instruct you how to take care of open sores and lepers as well as how to clean you house after a women has been menstruating. It also instructs men to stay away from women during this period of "uncleanliness".

It states that it is an abomination to eat or touch pig or it's carcass, yet I see the Sunday crowd frequenting local BBQ restaurants as well as cheering on their favorite football team even though the players are tossing the old pig skin around.

It states that to eat shellfish is an abomination. Yep that's right! No more all you can eat crab legs or endless shrimp or off to the fires of hell for you. Not to mention I don't see any protests during the Lobster Races held every spring in Aiken SC.

It goes on to condemn those who wear fabric from two different fibers...watch out all you poly cotton perverts!

It also instructs men not to shave yet clearly this law is not followed nor are there protesters outside of every barber shop in town.

And to quote it directly Leviticus 25:44-46: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. " So does this mean it's ok as long as we buy them from Canada?

Saying that you don't hate gays you just love God is like Hitler saying he doesn't hate Jews he just loves Germany.

You are as many before you using the Bible to justify your own hatred and bigotry. Those before you used it to condone slavery or make women second class citizens....because the Bible says so!

Just recognize it for what it is. Hatred and ignorance.

Kitten35
Kitten35 02/21/10 - 10:15 pm
If you don't agree with the

If you don't agree with the parade you don't have to go. I'm not sure how a letter like this was published.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/22/10 - 08:20 pm
1973, I do believe you are

1973, I do believe you are missing something. You are correct that in Leviticus it list a set of moral and heath codes for the Isarelites but if you would refer to the New Testament for which Christians are governed under the new covenant when Jesus Christ came and died you will also find that under His teachings He spoke out against homosexuality. Please read Romans.

1973
1973 02/24/10 - 08:46 pm
Romans 1:21-31 “For even

Romans 1:21-31
“For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks; but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, that their bodies might be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful.”

The problem of course is, what is “natural”? The word “natural” comes from two Greek words phusikos and phusis. These words literally mean that which is a persons "natural disposition" and something that comes "instinctively" to them. In other words, it is who you are naturally; without reprogramming, counseling, or any other form of behavioral modification that attempts to change your behavior to that which society has deemed acceptable.

NONE of us will EVER know God's plan. If one should ever even catch a glimpse of it it would be so overwhelming and out of reach for our brain to grasp that it would leave you so humble you could not even speak of it. With that I will leave you with another verse. Please keep in mind that the Bible has changed many times through out the years and that going back to find as much as you can in it's original language will help you to understand it's original intent more and more.

Ecclesiastes 11:5 (NIV)

“As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God the Maker of all things.”

You who stand in judgment....it is your "right" but that does not make it right. You are entitled to your opinion, but do not try to convince me that it is the opinion of God. We will all have our own relationship with God. I respect that your relationship will be different from mine, and mine will be unique from anyone else as well, but I just don't see how a true and just God who does not make mistakes would condemn his very creation for the simple act of loving.

1973
1973 02/24/10 - 09:08 pm
More from Romans... 14:1 As

More from Romans...
14:1 As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. 2 One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. 3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. 4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master [1] that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written,

“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me,
and every tongue shall confess [2] to God.”

12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

I would certainly rather stand before God and give an account of myself and why I loved than to stand and give an account of why I hated another. You may say that you love the sinner, but hate the sin. I say in order to love something or someone you have to know and understand it. You cannot in good faith state that you know me let alone love me. The Bible holds many secrets and will unfold itself to those who seek the truth. All I ask is seek the truth for yourself. Don't take your parents word, or your pastor's word, or your theology professor's word, and most of all don't take my word. Read and seek the truth, and may peace be to all.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms