Gay pride parade should be forbidden

The city is considering allowing a so-called gay pride parade through the streets of Augusta. There is nothing "gay" about it!

To allow homosexuals to parade up and down the streets of Augusta -- and to allow these gay people to push their perverted sexual agenda in our face -- is not moral. I have no problem with these people keeping their sexually perverted behavior to themselves at home behind closed doors and not pushing it on the rest of us.

What's next -- parades for those who practice bestiality, or pedophiles on parade?

Mayor Copenhaver should tell any ACLU lawyers fighting for this parade to go back to Atlanta. The people of Augusta, Richmond County and the CSRA do not tolerate this immoral behavior for public display.

Rick A. Bernardi Sr.

North Augusta, S.C.

GGpap
GGpap 02/17/10 - 01:48 am
Brimisjoshan, you lose all

Brimisjoshan, you lose all credibility when you write, "God said.." Unless you have the audacity to claim that you actually HEARD " God say", then you are only repeating the words written by others that claim to have heard them spoken by the charlatan that called himself the "son of god" nearly 2000 years ago. And even then, the authors didn't pen their "recollections' for at least a half century after the fact. Memories play strange games with folks that refuse to give up their youthful fantasies; they did then and apparently, they still do today with those that refuse to question their own misguided trust in the writings of ancients and their own blind faith in a god that never existed then or now. But then, I would guess you'll still choose to hang on to your crutch so let me suggest that you use that crutch to limp away from the parade site and let those free minded souls enjoy their hike down Broad street without sick-minded taunts and fear mongering suggestions of possible bodily harm or death at the hands of red-neck crazies. Sheeesh! GGpap

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 02/17/10 - 02:54 am
Dead on Federalist with your

Dead on Federalist with your posts!!

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 02/17/10 - 02:56 am
GCap, some of the same

GCap, some of the same posters who have said in articles about the gay parade should be allowed, were against the kkk doing their thing in other articles.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 02/17/10 - 02:56 am
GCap, some of the same

kat30815
kat30815 02/17/10 - 03:00 am
So who wants to help organize

So who wants to help organize the first pedophile parade? The constitution gives them rights just like anyone else.

Dudleydudley
Dudleydudley 02/17/10 - 03:49 am
I cannot believe the

I cannot believe the Chronicle published this filth.

IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG
IMRIGHTYOUREWRONG 02/17/10 - 04:48 am
The whole homosexuality is

The whole homosexuality is equal to pedophilia and bestiality claim is such a tired argument. No one can ever connect them, but it never stops them from trying to make a correlation that is nonexistent seem real. So in one sentence Mr. Bernardi’s entire argument is thrown out the window. Here is a claim that you hardly ever see, but it is true. Homosexuals are just like heterosexuals, except they prefer members of their own sex instead of the opposite sex. So now why are we so worried about a parade?

Buckeye
Buckeye 02/17/10 - 05:10 am
This letter makes me want to

This letter makes me want to cry. What is wrong with you? Who cares if we have a parade? Get back under your rock. Also. Last time I checked God has no where to sign on the permit so let's leave him out of this.

orgpsych
orgpsych 02/17/10 - 05:16 am
Dixieman: "I still think we

Dixieman: "I still think we should go and make fun of their outfits, which will probably make them flee to San Francisco or New York."

What will you do if they are better dressed than you? BTW, will you be wearing your torn tee shirt and saggy jeans?

Any hint that "I wouldn't hurt anyone but don't be surprised it that happens" kind of comment is advocating violence and that is as bad as commiting the violent act itself.

Why would they even want to come out of the closet here, anyway? Maybe because they actually live here and want to be free to be themselves in thier own community. After all, they have been contributing and productive members of this society all along. Would you have them withdraw that support and involvement? If they should do so, will YOU take up the slack?

IRYW addressed the pedophile, etc. connection in the post above. BTW, don't you know that pedophiles are almost universally heterosexual? Ditto with other mass criminal types like serial killers and rapists. That whole notion is ridiculous.

Are you afraid they will pervert the city because you are tempted? Usually such paranoia carries an underlying insecurity stemming form such fear. If you disagree, stay home or go somewhere else. That is your right.

How in the world does anyone equate a Gay Pride parade and a Klan rally, anyway? That logic defies me. And don't tell me it is a matter of qroups having equal rights. The KKK group was chosen specifically. The two groups are nowhere close to being similar. One advocates having equal rights for themselves as citizens. The other advocates denying rights to those they disapprove of and the use of any means, including violence, to achieve that goal. Perhaps it is an indirect way of introducing fear into the discussion? A better comparison would be the Civil Rights movement in the 60's Do you think either group didn't/doesn't know the dangers involved?

The condemnation of homosexuality in the Bible doesn't give anyone the right to act in a fashion that would damage anyone else, particularly since the laws of the City of Augusta, State of Georgia, and the United States are the ones that have legal bearing and jurisdiction. The idea that you or someone else might be moved to violence should this parade happen is an indictment of those people, not a justfication for denying the constitutional right to peacefully assemble. Can you say Taliban?

reader54
reader54 02/17/10 - 06:40 am
PWUO: Still laughing over the

PWUO: Still laughing over the 10:08 post !! Too funny.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 02/17/10 - 07:07 am
brimisjoshan sez, "I am all

brimisjoshan sez, "I am all for rights and such.." yet he wants the 'rights'of these fellow American citizens to be done away with because of 'God's judgment'??? I think people need to leave thier Bible, Torah, and Koran out of our Constitution and just let people, ALL people, be free. I cannot understand why people are so threatened by gay folks. Seems that in the South there is a lot of pent up agression towards gays. And to compare gay folks to the KKK is apples and ball bearings. When was the last time you ever heard of a gay group bombing churches, lynching non-gays, or advocating deporting all none gays. Poor argument and not too logical. Also, to the fella saying that violence will 'probably' happen I say, take your anger and do something constructive with it. I mean if you get so mad you want to attack someone and use violence to 'punish' them over who they chose to love, something that doesn't affect you directly in any way, then I say you have some homsexual issues to deal with in your own head. Not saying you are gay, just saying that you must have some direct issues with it to advocate violence towards fellow Americans exercising their rights under OUR (note, it covers ALL Americans) 1st Ammendment. I just cannot understand the hate against gays in the name of Jesus, who was a man of peace and acceptance, not hate and violence. The Nazis would have fertile breeding ground amongst folks like that.

Jane18
Jane18 02/17/10 - 07:31 am
GGpap12:48a.m.You speak of

GGpap12:48a.m.You speak of things you know not. I have read so many of your posts denying GOD, Jesus, and the validity of the the Bible(GOD's word given to His prophets). I know it will probably do no good, but the best advice I can give you is to not speak of things you may(&will) answer for one day. Charlatan!What WERE you thinking? `I have chosen to believe GOD is very real, if HE is not, then I haven't lost a thing, but if you have chosen to not believe HE is real, then GG, you have lost everything. And Buckeye4:10a.m., GOD HAS signed on this matter.

southernguy08
southernguy08 02/17/10 - 07:36 am
I agree with BRIM. If we

I agree with BRIM. If we allow this garbage, what is to stop ANY group from wanting a parade? KKK, Black Panthers, Communists, Nazis...all will be screaming of their rights to have a parade and hiding behind the constitution. Does anybody want to see klansmen marching down Laney-Walker? Come on people, its one thing regarding what 2 people do in their own homes. It's a different matter when their out flaunting it in public. NO PARADE!!

TechLover
TechLover 02/17/10 - 08:14 am
Pay: If they ban alcohol

Pay: If they ban alcohol consuption in parades, we may have seen our last St Patrick's Day parade.

Buckeye
Buckeye 02/17/10 - 08:41 am
Gays then kkk then

Gays then kkk then commies....what will be next? Alqaeda? Hamas? Christians,blacks?....you guys are right. Call the whole thing off before these "rights" get out of hand.

Rhetor
Rhetor 02/17/10 - 09:04 am
Gay people obviously have a

Gay people obviously have a right to have a peaceful parade. Also, BTW, the courts have repeatedly upheld the rights of the KKK, the Nazis, etc. to hold peaceful parades.

Rotato
Rotato 02/17/10 - 09:30 am
I love this letter. It's a

I love this letter. It's a great example of how narrow-minded a person can be. Having lived all over this country, I've never seen such a backwards mentality.

It's a shame that people feel it's their duty to subject others to their way of life. Listing homosexuals with the KKK, Nazis, Commies, etc, is far from accurate. If anything, the ethos Mr Bernardi subscribes to would be much better suited to that list than gays. Gays are not trying to force others to live by their ideals, they just want the same rights as everyone else.

It's amazing that the lessons of the Civil Rights Movement are so easily forgotten.

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 09:43 am
I would think I am a pecan

I would think I am a pecan tree. Certainly not a mighty oak any longer and not yet a willow of any sort. Lots of things are legal but that doesn't mean you should do them. You could lay down while you drive but what idiot would do that. You could text while you drive but what idiot would do that.

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 09:52 am
You can wear your pants below

You can wear your pants below your butt.....

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 09:53 am
You can drop out of

You can drop out of school....

noway
noway 02/17/10 - 09:53 am
Wow, the hatred is rampant on

Wow, the hatred is rampant on here!! If you don't like it, then don't go! They are not trying to push their agenda onto anyone. It's to point out to ignorant people like yourself that gay people are people too, who work, pay taxes, have friends, spend money in the economy, and love their partners just as much as you pretend to love your wife.

willienelson
willienelson 02/17/10 - 09:54 am
You can demonstrate against

You can demonstrate against the rights of others or....you could simply avoid ever being at an event you don't support

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/17/10 - 09:54 am
"Ha, ha! Your shoes don't

"Ha, ha! Your shoes don't match your purse! And a paisley top with plaid pants? Puh-leeze..."

brimisjoshan
brimisjoshan 02/17/10 - 09:58 am
I will say it one last time:

I will say it one last time: I did not advocate, condone or promote any violence toward homosexuals. I did say that it was possible that such violence could happen when they are flaunting their perversion in front everybody. There is a big difference between saying something could happen and wanting it to happen. And Brad if there was any confusion about how I feel toward the homosexual person then you ought to read all my posts not just one. I love the person but I can hate their sin. God does. GGPAP: for you I pray that you will come to know God's son Jesus and not reject Him; but as long as you do then you will never understand why the rest of us love him so much.

glassrinkmaker
glassrinkmaker 02/17/10 - 10:15 am
Is a parade guranteed under

Is a parade guranteed under the 1st amendment? Don't think so! Parade and "legal assembly" are not the same thing. That's the difference between Augusta and Nahunta. The Klan, to my knowledge just want to use the courthouse for "assembly". By the way, doesn't make any difference to me! They can parade through the cesspool called Augusta naked if they want!

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/17/10 - 10:09 am
PWUO - I googled "southern

PWUO - I googled "southern man" images to try to find a cool icon to put on my profile, and I came across the very weird image I use which is performance art from Denmark. I like surrealism so I just adopted it. No meaning, just entertainment value, glad you like it. I am considering shaving my head and covering myself with mustard when I attend the Gay Pride parade to mock their fashion sense!

glassrinkmaker
glassrinkmaker 02/17/10 - 10:12 am
devgru1, I've asked before if

devgru1, I've asked before if you were awarded the avitar you display or do you just think it is "neat". So far, you havent responded!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/10 - 10:12 am
Why do these articles bring

Why do these articles bring out the worst in us??? Let them march...who cares..GGpap you are a brave guy....& ac don't you just love these articles>

TechLover
TechLover 02/17/10 - 10:16 am
Only those who act like me,

Only those who act like me, dress like me, and believe like me should have rights?

jiclemens
jiclemens 02/17/10 - 10:22 am
Geeze Sargebaby, still don't

Geeze Sargebaby, still don't get it. I'm sure you've never touched your wife in public, held her hand or put your arm on her shoulder at the mall. How disgusting. You say it's biological? But we shouldn't be honest with others about who we are or 'flaunt' it? I guess those of us who are left handed should still only use our right hand in public like my moronic first grade teacher tried to get me to do? Everyone here talks like they are an expert on living in San Francisco when most have never been outside their county. You don't know jack about life in California. Deke should welcome the parade and show up to speak. Yes, he is a weenie. I doubt Augusta is the second largest city in the state. But in reality, it is only as 'big' as it acts.