Time is running out for arrogant Dems

Against my better judgment I watched the president's State of the Union speech. I instinctively knew that there would be nothing said that he hasn't already said a thousand times. I was wrong.

The lecture we got was one of the most condescending and arrogant spectacles I've ever witnessed. Some thought that the elections last year in New Jersey and Virginia would have given Mr. Obama a big heads-up. Then came Massachusetts -- yet another enormous hint to Mr. Obama. But after watching him, it is painfully obvious that he doesn't care to get it.

The arguments and issues important to the American people are meaningless to these people. That was something I fully expected and got. Full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

So there is really nothing left to say except this: Come November, the American people are going to come out to the polls in numbers unheard of in a midterm election to send Mr. Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid the biggest message of their collective political careers. Harry Reid will be defeated and ousted from the Senate. Nancy Pelosi won't lose her seat, but she will have to hand the speaker-of-the-House gavel to Rep. John Boehner R-Ohio.

And Mr. Obama will spend his last two years in office as a lame duck -- not as a "pretty good" president but as a president besting Jimmy Carter for the prized "worst president in history" award.

David B. Caudle

Grovetown

jack
jack 02/10/10 - 09:46 pm
Too bad Novemeber isn't next

Too bad Novemeber isn't next month!

dominionfs
dominionfs 02/10/10 - 11:35 pm
You are probably right,

You are probably right, David. Trouble is, the Republicans are not going to do much better. There is nobody in Washington with an understanding of fiscal responsibility.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/10/10 - 11:38 pm
Trouble is, the Republicans

You pounded that nail. Well said.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 02/11/10 - 03:36 am
The same pundits and

The same pundits and journalists that felt the president made a good showing and handed the Repubs their collective hats when he spoke at their caucus meeting, also feel that the state of the union was well stated and showed the president has "got his groove back". A large number of supporters and advisers are blind to the pending situation. Obama and his crew will be stunned in November, just like they were when they lost the "Kennedy seat". All America has to do is hold on 'til November. As we've seen, the left will not be restrained in their effort to retain power. Devious actions will take place in D.C. during the next 9 months.

reader54
reader54 02/11/10 - 06:21 am
I have joined the consensus

I have joined the consensus that it is going to be business as usual regardless of
who is in office. Wall ST. controls this country and has gotten more corrupt and greedy with each passing year. I believe that the U.S. middle class is targeted for destruction to make the transition for ONE WORLD ORDER more palatible to Asia , Africa and South America.

Irish
Irish 02/11/10 - 07:04 am
Why aren't we afforded the

Why aren't we afforded the same scrutiny and criticism of this Administration as the last. I am personally very tired of the boy president getting a pass while the media focuses on trivia pursuit of Sarah Palin. She's not even an elected official. Lets be aware of where the problems are coming from....

dani
dani 02/11/10 - 08:47 am
If those conservatives

If those conservatives disagreeing with Obama only had the intelligence to understand....How many times do we have to hear that one?

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 02/11/10 - 08:48 am
Amen Irish. The problem is

Amen Irish. The problem is that there is nobody else left to aim their hate at, so liberals bash anyone who publicly criticizes their agenda. Imho, there will never be another POTUS that gets a free pass by the lamestream media as this one has. Btw...just in case anyone missed it, the GW billboard that was the talk of the internet yesterday. http://www.thesunnews.com/253/story/1307848.html

dani
dani 02/11/10 - 08:50 am
Irish They poke fun at Palin

Irish They poke fun at Palin so they can ignore their own shortcomings.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 02/11/10 - 08:51 am
If only those liberals

If only those liberals disagreeing with the american people only had the intelligence to understand....How many times do we have to hear about Sarah, or Rush, when neither hold any public office?

dominionfs
dominionfs 02/11/10 - 09:07 am
I don't know why all the

I don't know why all the protective comments about Palin. Assuming I am reading Federalist right, I have to wait till she is elected to ask questions about her intelligence and integrity. Anyone with half a braincell can see she is positioning herself to run in 2012. If I wait till she is in office, it's a bit late to do any griping as we can see by the current occupant of the oval office. Don't y'all wish there was some griping done before THAT vote was taken. " The lame-stream press didn't ask enough questions about Obama, but they shouldn't look at Sarah yet. " Seems like a double standard, Fed. And no, I am not a liberal, in fact I would discribe my political philosophy as disgusted by both parties.

willienelson
willienelson 02/11/10 - 09:09 am
Why not just shut up and

Why not just shut up and vote. We are wasting our time with this president. He has an agenda and intends to stay on track regardless of what's said by anyone. I am convinced that it is time for all incumbents to go. We need a fresh start. Put all congress member on a level playing field. Get rid of all the powerful entrenched folks who immediately start recruiting any newly elected members to their side. On 2nd thought, let's not shut up. Put your senators and congressmen on speed dial. Call them daily and remind them that we are watching. State your opinion on every issue. Assure them you will be at the polls in 2010 & 2012. I don't care which party you vote for, I just hope you won't vote for incumbents. I hope you will vote for folks who are honest and will work hard for you and will help us get this country out of bankruptcy.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/11/10 - 09:20 am
After listening to Obama's

After listening to Obama's "State of The Union" address, I called my stockbroker and asked him what I should be buying.....?

. . . He said, "Canned Goods and Ammunition!"

dominionfs
dominionfs 02/11/10 - 09:25 am
CG @ 9:20. Excellent

CG @ 9:20. Excellent observation from your stockbroker.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/11/10 - 09:33 am
Even some Rebublicans have

Even some Rebublicans have one brain cell like All Democrates. Article in the AC news today.

"Lawmaker opposes ban on phone use behind wheel"

obx2019
obx2019 02/11/10 - 10:06 am
What we must keep in mind is

What we must keep in mind is that the most important thing to know about the left today is that it is centered on social issues. With that being said, If this analysis is correct, the single most important narrative holding the left together in today's politics and culture is the one offered--often with little or no dissent. Which I might add is how "we" collectively have come to the point we are now facing. Now we shall see if the left has truely awakened America's "sleeping giant" and that being the American People i.e workforce.....

deekster
deekster 02/11/10 - 11:31 am
I just love the ignorance of

I just love the ignorance of America. People form the White House to the pulpit to the gutter using "street slang" for adjectives. I suggest you look up some of these phrases before you add them to your "four letter vocabulary". You will find that most if not all refer to sexual activities and reproductive body parts. "Band for your buck", "She got her groove back", "Rockin n Rollin"........ Don't blame the rappers. Blame the ministers.

deekster
deekster 02/11/10 - 11:31 am
I just love the ignorance of

southernguy08
southernguy08 02/11/10 - 11:52 am
In November, more "change" is

In November, more "change" is coming, but the Obama libs won't like it at all!

reader54
reader54 02/11/10 - 11:57 am
Cobalt: Your broker has given

Cobalt: Your broker has given good advice!!!!!! Let's all heed his suggestion.

southernguy08
southernguy08 02/11/10 - 01:49 pm
READER, does that mean I can

READER, does that mean I can cling to my guns and religion?

orgpsych
orgpsych 02/11/10 - 02:04 pm
Federalist, The problem is

Federalist,

Uh, have you taken a look at the responses to LTE here lately? Sees like that is something both "sides" have in common.

Sorry to be so late today. I was off saving the world or something like that.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/11/10 - 03:56 pm
Same ole, same ole, the

Same ole, same ole, the Southern Strategy crowd are constantly optimistic they can take this country back to the days of old. Keep hope alive, because even if you pick up seats in November and that's no guarantee, you won't have the numbers to do nothing but talk.All you can hope for is gridlock. The president will never sign off on your agenda. As for Sarah Palin, she's the one who injects herself into the media. I saw some clips of the hatefest that she spoke at. I'm surprised people are really taking her seriously. She can say what she wants about the president. He's the leader of the free world, she's the leader of the Hee Haw circuit.

Chillen
Chillen 02/11/10 - 04:20 pm
correction Richmond. he is

correction Richmond. he is the leader of the partly free world.

With every bill passed, every increase in govt spending, every government takeover of or meddling in private business - you lose more and more personal liberty. We are no where near as free as we were even 10 years ago.

We'll get started on the path to fixing this debacle in November.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/11/10 - 04:28 pm
Hey Chillen, who is taking

Hey Chillen, who is taking away your freedoms and what freedoms have you lost? Why weren't you concerned when GWB was on a spending craze? His tax cuts, wars and prescription plan all were added to the deficit. They totalled nearly three trillion dollars alone. He didn't try to pay for them even though he had a Republican led congress. He also left a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit for the new administration. Where was your outrage then?Also, when he was eavesdropping on American citizens, most you were saying you had nothing to hide.

Chillen
Chillen 02/11/10 - 04:44 pm
Richmond. Actually I was

Richmond. Actually I was concerned about GW and that's why I said 10 years, duh!! He losered it up real good too. He lost me and my spouse's support on about year 2 of his presidency. He's a progressive "big govt" guy just like Barry. Just not as bad, that's for darn sure.

Fact is, the more control the government has, the less freedom you as an individual have. Banks are no longer free to pay their employees as they see fit. The government is firing CEO's at private car companies. The government is trying to seize more and more of our paychecks for them to spend instead of us to spend. If that's not loss of liberty, I don't know what is.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 02/11/10 - 04:46 pm
Chillen, the CEO of GM

Chillen, the CEO of GM presided over the lost of 82 billion dollars. He had already stacked the board of directors so they couldn't fire him. Banks needed billions just to survive, then proceeded to pay outrageous salaries while on the taxpayers dime. And the president has already cut taxes for ninety five percent of the taxpayers. If you aren't among the five percent, what's the problem? Besides, if we can't afford healthcare Reform, how can we afford tax cuts. Where is the money coming from, China?

Chillen
Chillen 02/11/10 - 07:18 pm
Richmond. My taxes haven't

Richmond. My taxes haven't been cut, not one penny. In fact with the alternative minimum tax not fixed for 2009 I'll actually owe $3500 more this coming 4/15 (and you'll owe more too if you make more than about $50k/year). The proposed tax increases on the horizon will hit many very hard. I know, I've studied it and labored over it at length. Honestly to the point of contemplating a move to a tax free country but I love the US too much to do that.

It doesn't matter what those companies execs did, the government should not have gotten involved in private business. Their involvement with the sub prime loans is a huge part of the problem we are having today(thank you Barney Frank). I don't even want to address all the healthcare issues, its just a total disaster waiting to happen.

The money doesn't need to come from China. It needs to come from our government being fiscally responsible and cutting/slashing spending therefore allowing us, the citizens to keep our own money instead of turning it over to them so that they can turn it over to welfare, solar panels, commitees, airports in the middle of nowhere, medicaid, etc.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 02/12/10 - 12:01 am
dominionfs, sorry to take

dominionfs, sorry to take issue with your post, but I never said you couldn't criticize her, but a survey the other day tallied the amount of negative press she got, and it was more than any elected official! Why? Either the left is terribly afraid of this woman, or they are obsessed with every word that comes out of her mouth. I would love to see the press scrutinize Mr. Hussein, or Mr. Holder, Reid, Pelosi, etc...they way they do her. That would truly be a novelty. But no, let's just bash her continually, and give the current administration the most positive free pass ever by an american president. Talk about double standards? Get real.

Ayetidiosi
Ayetidiosi 02/12/10 - 12:03 am
Fed: Good morning, They are

Fed: Good morning,
They are in total fear of Sarah Palin. There is no other logical explanation for the persecution of a private American citizen.
They should be ashamed, if shame still resided in this country.

Smith case referred to Attorney General's office

A state probe into allegations former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith moonlighted for a hospitality company while drawing his Georgia State Patrol salary will be reviewed by the state attorney ...