Candidate Jones has intellect, passion

Harold Jones II will get my vote for the District 22 Senate Seat.

I was introduced to Mr. Jones during the Augusta Photography Festival of 2008, when he sponsored the OurWorld project. His generosity made it possible for professional photographers and volunteers to teach photography to students participating in the Communities in Schools program at Cherry Tree and Underwood Homes. Mr. Jones not only funded the project, nut he also visited classes on several occasions to greet the students, interact with them and provide a wonderful role model.

He also created a yearly scholarship that is awarded to a graduating senior planning to major in political science. He served as president of the Greater Augusta Arts Council; is a graduate of Leadership Augusta and Leadership Georgia; and is a member of the Augusta Rotary Club.

His position as Richmond County's solicitor demands that he be able to relate to judges as well as the accused. I have seen him at First Friday, talking with and getting to know his fellow Augustans. His voracious appetite for reading and his retention of knowledge are inspiring, and have been evident in recent candidate forums. He applies his facts immediately in any discussion, and I believe this talent will move the legislative delegation in Augusta's direction.

Because of his dedication to education, and his civic and political involvement, I am voting for the person who has proven he is as passionate about seeing Augusta and all of her citizens progress as I am. I am voting for Harold Jones II.

Tricia Hughes

Augusta

Dixieman
Dixieman 02/01/10 - 10:10 am
I serve on a board with him

I serve on a board with him and he is great!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/01/10 - 12:56 pm
Yeah, elect a man to the Ga.

Yeah, elect a man to the Ga. Senate because he shares your photography hobby. That makes as much sense as anything else in this town.

willie7
willie7 02/01/10 - 02:59 pm
I want to know why Jones left

I want to know why Jones left the solictor's office to run for state senate. He was in the best position to become Superior Court Judge.
Rumors are flying that he couldn't manage the personnel and caseload. I understand it is going to take awhile to get his former office running smoothly.

TheDeerhunter
TheDeerhunter 02/01/10 - 04:16 pm
well they are rumors!

well they are rumors!

Portland02
Portland02 02/01/10 - 07:45 pm
Can a man not want to be a

Can a man not want to be a State Senator rather than Superior Court Judge? The Solicitor's Office is running very smoothly. It has no backlog whatsoever despite what has been reported here and it has been a completely smooth transition. I hope that voters don't believe "rumors" but actually vote based on facts.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/01/10 - 08:31 pm
Good point, Portland. Being

Good point, Portland. Being a part-time State Senator will give him much more time for his photography avocation.

Of course, losing this election will give him a lot more time for photography !

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/01/10 - 08:38 pm
Isn't Jones a partner in a

Isn't Jones a partner in a big law firm?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/02/10 - 08:04 am
RM, that is a good enough

RM, that is a good enough reason right there to vote for Davis.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/03/10 - 07:37 pm
The only thing worse would be

The only thing worse would be if Harold took Chiquita Johnson's place.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/04/10 - 11:14 am
Yeah, I heard that rumor,

Yeah, I heard that rumor, too, Autumn. Things are not looking good for Augusta if we go back to the failed notion of an "in-house" lawyer. Far better to contract private local attorneys and have the contract re-bid every three years. We don't need attorneys on the city payroll.

Harold Jones should just go back to his photography hobby and do some paperwork for the Shepard law firm.

Christmas Eve rains to dry up

If Wednesday seemed particularly wet and dreary, you would be right. The day broke the record for the wettest Christmas Eve that Augusta has ever had.