Quit obsessing over Tiger Woods

This is a response to the Dec. 4 editorial cartoon on Tiger Woods.

The paparazzi have gone way too far into the lives of celebrities. These are people just like you -- they deserve their privacy. They should not feel pressured to share their private lives with the public for any reason.

I say to all celebrities: Stand firm to keep your personal life private.

To the paparazzi: Find something useful and positive to do.

To all who waste time and money trying to keep up with the gossip of celebrities: Get a life! Concentrate on your life. That should be your concern.

Beverly Goda, Augusta

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 01/02/10 - 10:08 pm
Such is the price of fame.

Such is the price of fame. Wood put himself in the limelight by agreeing to endorse so many products and profit by promoting his "image". He should have known that in this culture the price of being famous -- and making millions of dollars in the process -- is the sacrifice of personal privacy. He set himself up as an icon, and many are glad when any such icon falls from grace. His personal life is his own business, and I have no desire to know about it. But, his face has sold magazines and products for years and he's made great wealth. Now, his face is selling the same magazines, but for different reasons. If you're going to willingly put yourself out in front, you'd better be willing to accept all the consequences of that fame. Wonder how many millions of dollars Woods would give now to buy back a good name? Preserving personal character and respect are both priceless and fragile. It seems Tiger foolishly learned that lesson all too late. As the wise proverbs says, pride goes before downfall.

ICSunshine
ICSunshine 01/03/10 - 12:33 am
"These are people just like

"These are people just like you" ???? Wow, I wish I was just like Tiger.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 01/03/10 - 06:55 am
I could golf as good as Tiger

I could golf as good as Tiger if I wanted too. My privacy is too important to me to make the effort.

dashiel
dashiel 01/03/10 - 07:09 am
Beverly, "standing firm"

Beverly, "standing firm" might not have been the best choice of words in this case.

deekster
deekster 01/03/10 - 07:33 am
PUBLIC FIGURES do not have a

PUBLIC FIGURES do not have a PRIVATE LIFE. They want to be seen and heard only at their convenience and with a hefty fee. Their whole life is a "portfolio of head shots/pics". Sell my face, no don't sell my face. Love me, no leave me alone.

deekster
deekster 01/03/10 - 07:34 am
Now we can celebrate the

Now we can celebrate the "Adulterer's Pride Parade" in Augusta during Master's Week. If Tiger is a no show, no one will watch.

Dixieman
Dixieman 01/03/10 - 08:12 am
But I slept with him and

But I slept with him and haven't yet had a chance to cash in on my story!

getalife
getalife 01/03/10 - 08:24 am
I enjoy all of Rick's

I enjoy all of Rick's cartoons and this morning it is another great one!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/03/10 - 08:34 am
deekster is right. The

deekster is right. The Masters was nothing until Tiger came along. Heck, was it even televised? I guess you had to go up the 'ticket window" and buy a darn ticket!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/03/10 - 08:39 am
wasn't televised.

wasn't televised.

55 F-100
55 F-100 01/03/10 - 08:46 am
Tiger is just following in

Tiger is just following in his father's footsteps, give it a rest.

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 01/03/10 - 08:48 am
Hey Bev..seems to me, you

Hey Bev..seems to me, you need to stop telling me what to do with my life, and what to concentrate on. A simple letter from a simple minded chick. Does anyone proof these idiotic letters that come through? really.

ispy4u
ispy4u 01/03/10 - 08:56 am
Worry about your own

Worry about your own footstep.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/03/10 - 08:57 am
TIGER WOODS, TIGER WOODS,

TIGER WOODS, TIGER WOODS, TIGER WOODS...(small print) "USA being destroyed!"

mieshel
mieshel 01/03/10 - 08:59 am
Adultery? Been going on for

Adultery? Been going on for ages. Didn't start with Tiger and it won't end with him.....big deal!! Next topic?

soldout
soldout 01/03/10 - 09:10 am
Sin is always a big deal

Sin is always a big deal because it destroys lives. If it had been good for us, God wouldn't have called it a sin. All sin is caused by pride. Where we spend eternity is a little more important than any status we gain on earth. Tiger made bad choices and needs a relationship with the only One who can forgive sins.

egan01
egan01 01/03/10 - 09:18 am
Another celeb who is way

Another celeb who is way overpaid.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/03/10 - 09:22 am
"Sin is always a big deal

"Sin is always a big deal because it destroys lives." The biggest SIN right now is how this country is being destroyed.

disssman
disssman 01/03/10 - 09:23 am
Soldout I thought Pride was

Soldout I thought Pride was one of the seven deadly sins, not the cause of all sins. The others are wrath, greed, sloth, lust, envy, and gluttony. BTW aren't you showing a little Wrath in your comments? Gotta be careful you might be sinning and don't know it.

ustabe
ustabe 01/03/10 - 09:35 am
Uhmmm, justthefacts: The

Uhmmm, justthefacts: The Masters was nothing until Tiger came along???????? Ever hear of Palmer, Nicklaus, Snead, Player, even Fuzzy? And, if I'm not mistaken, they were all on TV. Tiger is a great golfer. He's just a bad husband. They're all over the place, and I don't really care what he does in his off time, but he didn't invent the Masters!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/03/10 - 09:39 am
ustabe No, who are they?

ustabe No, who are they? Really dude, if I have to explain it.....you know, sarcasm?

HollyHoly
HollyHoly 01/03/10 - 09:41 am
lol

lol

ispy4u
ispy4u 01/03/10 - 09:58 am
JUSTTHEFACTS, I hear you.

JUSTTHEFACTS, I hear you. LOL. Now Nicklaus was the man. If he was still competing I would have to pull for him.

WW1949
WW1949 01/03/10 - 12:37 pm
The Masters will still be

The Masters will still be great without Tiger Woods.

jack
jack 01/03/10 - 03:56 pm
Beverly, I agree that the

Beverly, I agree that the papparazi and lame stream media are obsessed with Woods, but he/celebrities are NOT the same as you and me.

jack
jack 01/03/10 - 03:59 pm
deekster is right. The

Posted by justthefacts on Sun Jan 3, 2010 8:34 AM....Unfortunately, the crowd/fans were so many long before Tiger Woods, the Masters had to start raffling tickets long before he was ever heard of.

corgimom
corgimom 01/03/10 - 08:32 pm
Tiger Woods already has more

Tiger Woods already has more money than he can ever spend in his lifetime. His sponsors have dropped him. He doesn't care. He is a desperately unhappy, immature man who likes to pick up skanks. He also is unbelievably foolish- did he really think those trashy women wouldn't tell?

mefirst
mefirst 01/03/10 - 09:58 pm
The thing I can't understand

The thing I can't understand about this whole Tiger Woods mess is this: Why is it even minimally importantly to us? Have we gone so far into the lives of our so-called "celebrities" that they matter more than the unholy mess that has become of the world around us? Tiger Woods is a Man...No more, no less. And, as such, he is susceptible to all the frailties that other men and women are burdened with. Period. I don't give a fat rat's behind about Tiger Woods off the golf course, and neither should any of the rest of us. He plays a game to make his living, for the love of Pete! He doesn't even have a real job, for crying out loud! As a rule, I don't generally agree with "CobaltGeorge", who posted above, but he is right on this time. The world is being systematically torn apart by people who mean us genuine harm, and we simply don't have time to waste on Mr. Woods' Bullpuckey. Let him go, people, and worry about the real problems we face as a country today.