Don 't cast any stones at Tiger Woods

Welcome to the dawn of a new day, where a marital indiscretion of a star athlete trumps the tragedy of world hunger, the savagery of war and the financial misery resulting from an economic meltdown.

As far as Tiger Woods publicly admitting to "transgressions," let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

This whole episode is a divine comedy. You have one sinner, Tiger Woods, confessing to a group of sinners, the public, that he committed a sin. Now, the group of sinners morph into the role of self-righteous, judgmental hypocrites. For a brief moment we all get to feel good about ourselves at the expense of the great Tiger Woods.

Kevin Palmer, Martinez

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 12/20/09 - 12:24 am
Being multi-talented, I can

Being multi-talented, I can dis Tiger and suffer about world hunger and the savagery of war at the same time. The Tiger story will be replaced soon enough with some other non-story. If Obama gets his "healthcare" passed, we'll have more to grieve over that anyone has ever imagined.

Pu239
Pu239 12/20/09 - 03:18 am
this way to the

this way to the egressssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Pu239
Pu239 12/20/09 - 03:18 am
BTW PT was 100% correct!

BTW PT was 100% correct!

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/20/09 - 04:21 am
I am a sinner too! I covet

I am a sinner too! I covet Tiger's wealth, women, athletic skills and skin pigment! There,

admitting it is the first step. I feel better already.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/09 - 07:24 am
Uncle Strom you are toooo

Uncle Strom you are toooo funny..

dashiel
dashiel 12/20/09 - 08:29 am
I second that emotion. Those

I second that emotion. Those next 11 steps are heck though.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/20/09 - 08:36 am
dasshiel, Oh no! ELEVEN?!? I

dasshiel, Oh no! ELEVEN?!? I was counting on 7 (deadly sins) or worst case 10 (Commandments). Heck, if I have to do 12 steps I might as well get a beer for breakfast.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 12/20/09 - 09:21 am
We don't have to throw stones

We don't have to throw stones at Tiger, he is doing a great job himself. He created this mess. He chose to be a public figure and he chose to be a married man and take his private life to the streets in a big way. And, the streets are talking. I used to think he was smart. Did he really think that all of this would stay hidden?
He isn't the first, won't be the last but he is making news. And, we are all guilty of gossiping about it.

deekster
deekster 12/20/09 - 10:00 am
Maybe now we can have an

Maybe now we can have an "Adulterer Pride Parade". We have a spokesperson/posterman. We can give the gays a break for a day. Then we can add the "Gluttony Pride Parade". Oh, that one is already celebrated everyday a Golden Corral.

55 F-100
55 F-100 12/20/09 - 10:07 am
Like father....like son. The

Like father....like son. The nut didn't fall far from the tree, etc, etc, etc.

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/20/09 - 10:19 am
"Cast stones at Tiger"? I'd

"Cast stones at Tiger"? I'd have to say judging by his actions, he's got huge stones already.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/20/09 - 11:37 am
Twas the night of

Twas the night of Thanksgiving and out of the house

Tiger Woods came a flyin', chased by his spouse.

She wielded a nine iron and wasn't too merry,

Cause a bimbo's phone number was in his Blackberry.

He'd been cheatin' on Elin, and the story progressed.

Woman after woman stepped up and confessed.

He'd been cheatin' with Holly, and Jaimee, and Cori,

With Joselyn, and Kalika. The world had the story.

From the top of the Tour to the basement of blues,

Tiger's sad sordid tale was all over the news.

With hostesses, waitresses, he had lots of sex,

When not in their pants, he was sendin' them texts.

Despite all his cryin' and beggin' and pleadin',

Tiger's wife went investin' -- a new home in Sweden.

And I heard her exclaim from her white Escalade,

"If you're gettin' laid then I'm gettin' paid."

She's not pouting, in fact, she's of jolly good cheer,

Her pre-nup made Christmas come early this year

Yosemitesam
Yosemitesam 12/20/09 - 12:44 pm
Kevin Palmer doesn't get it.

Kevin Palmer doesn't get it. He probably wrote the same commentary when Michael Vick got in trouble too. Tiger Woods is NOT GREAT!! He's a very good golfer, but he gets beat regularly. He's not a great person. His billion dollar empire was built around a myth, that he was wholesome and almost pure. Reality was he's just like every other athelete with a big bank account. He bought the prettiest trophy blonde wife money could buy and then bought the prettiest white girlfriends money being known for famous could buy. It appears he has the morals of an alley cat. While Tiger Woods does do some charity work, he doesn't give back 1 percent of his earning to anyone but himself. He also is known for being cold, arrogant and rude to fans on and off the golf course. He rarely will even acknowledge the legions of fawning fans that follow him in tournaments, in fact the cameras have caught him many times purposely ignoring them with visages of disgust. Stop praising the greatness of Tiger Woods, get him off that pedastal and help him get his feet back on the ground. Maybe one day he'll realize he's just a man and like everyone else a member of the human Race.

PantherPride
PantherPride 12/20/09 - 01:44 pm
What are you saying? I agree

What are you saying? I agree we should not fight war. We should have mailed Japan a letter instead. Perhaps send Hitler a fruitcake. Nevermind our country is here because we fought a war for our freedom. Many economists have been calling for the decline. Go back and listen to Jim Rogers, a frequent guest on CNBC. But, maybe you were listening those daySSSS. World hunger? We are the world, we are the people.... WHAT are you saying?????

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 12/20/09 - 02:16 pm
Genius, uncle storm. loll

Genius, uncle storm. loll

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 12/20/09 - 05:31 pm
Yosmitesam, you hit the nail

Yosmitesam, you hit the nail on the head! Good golfer? Yes. Shows good sportsmanship? No. The one bright spot for Woods is that he wasn't married to Lorena Bobbitt.

alycias
alycias 12/20/09 - 06:36 pm
Kevin Palmer: You say "One"

Kevin Palmer: You say "One" sin? The last I heard Tiger had messed with 13 other women. As his wife is saying, he has a sexual addiction and needs help. But I I have also read that he is not willing to get it! He would rather be moaping and feeling sorry for HIMSELF aboard his yacht at this Holy Season...leaving his family to spend Christmas alone and hurt...and in another country. If I was Elin, I would, as she is doing, try to get 50 % of his assets, and allow as little visitation for him and the kids, as is legally possible. I am sure she doesn't need his raunchy influence on the children; then move on with my life and find a man who would really love me!

KSL
KSL 12/20/09 - 06:37 pm
Many think he has ruined

Many think he has ruined professional golf with his ATTITUDE. When he does good, he exhorts the crowd to cheer for him. When he screws up a shot, he curses.

KSL
KSL 12/20/09 - 06:39 pm
Brenda, not so certain she

Brenda, not so certain she wasn't aiming for that with that iron.

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 12/20/09 - 07:41 pm
lol, KSL.....good point.

lol, KSL.....good point.

Ex-SC Gov. Edwards dies

CHARLESTON, S.C. - James B. Edwards, South Carolina's first Republican governor since Reconstruction and later energy secretary for two years in the Reagan administration, has died.