A nasty tolerance for intolerance

MSNBC shows hypocrisy in its foot-dragging on disciplining hateful host

It apparently took nearly three weeks for the folks at MSNBC to get a memo back from their Standards and Practices Department. If they have one.

Oddly, they thought actor Alec Baldwin’s gay slur was an immediate firing offense and canceled his show in its infancy, but thought that an infinitely more vile and disgusting attack on a conservative woman was merely cause for pause.

MSNBC host Martin Bashir suggested in a Nov. 15 broadcast that someone urinate or defecate in Sarah Palin’s mouth for having said that shackling Americans in crushing debt is akin to slavery. He noted that such punishments as he was suggesting for Palin had been done to slaves, and said “if anyone truly qualified for a (similar) dose of discipline ... then she would be the outstanding candidate.”

Sadly enough, this sort of contemptible, uber-intolerant rhetoric has been flowing like the Nile from radical liberals such as those at far-left (and therefore little-watched) MSNBC. From the failed and vitriolic Keith Olbermann to the alarmingly sexist Ed Schultz to the odd utterings of Chris Matthews and now Martin Bashir, the network has a rather checkered track record for venom, hatred and hostility toward conservatives, especially female conservatives.

It speaks volumes about the network’s far-left hypocrisy, too, that it took almost three weeks to toss Bashir out on his stump this week. Apparently it was a difficult choice to boot Bashir for his premeditated, thought-out repugnant attack on Sarah Palin – whereas, again, an unscripted gay slur uttered in anger at a photographer got Alec Baldwin quickly suspended and his show summarily canceled.

The left has been so brainwashed that, while it defends certain people reflexively, it has a hard time feeling that any invective, affront or insult aimed at a conservative could ever be over-the-top offensive.

You are ultimately judged by the company you keep. MSNBC has a chronic attachment to the Martin Bashirs of the far left – and has a most difficult time divorcing itself from them.

A few years ago, those same liberals were decrying unspecified conservative rhetoric and – wrongly – blaming it for the shooting of Congresswoman Gabby Giffords. Look who’s really spewing the malicious toxins: the sanctimonious left.

There’s a difference between debating issues vigorously and the kinds of ad hominem personal attacks like Bashir’s, Schultz’s and others’. Be careful what you put in your head and teach your children. People such as Martin Bashir are teaching their followers to hate their political opponents.

We can disagree in this country without resorting to such filthy, degrading, dehumanizing attacks.

It’s time to stop tolerating such intolerance.

Luckily, MSNBC has pitifully few viewers. Judging from this episode – and how slothfully the network responded to it – you have to wonder why it has any at all.

robert2410
robert2410 12/06/13 - 01:41 pm
A quote from Abraham

A quote from Abraham Lincoln:
Property is the fruit of labor. Property is desirable, is a positive good for the world. That some should be rich shows others can be rich and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is homeless pull down the house of another, but let him work dilligently to build one for himself, thus by example assuring his own shall be safe from violence.

Man, if todays liberals were around then Lincoln would have been villified to no end and slavery would be alive and well, which in a way it is, just a different form.

myfather15
myfather15 12/06/13 - 01:47 pm
robert

People of their TYPE, were around during Lincoln's time!! They were the ones opposing everything he did!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/13 - 01:49 pm
They were called democrats.

They were called democrats.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 02:31 pm
editorial

I don't have cable nor satilite, BUT I did read this editorial. ONCE AGAIN I believe that being a moderate would have never allowed this occuranse to take place!! I just don't WHY PEOPLE can not understand that the moderate way of thinking is the best way in which this country is going to have to be to move forward!! The US is a "super-power" in ONLY the fact that we have a supreme national defence and, of course, nuclear bombs and subs. and ships!! Is this how we really want to be seen as a super-power??!!

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 02:45 pm
Moderate: my thoughts

As a moderate Democrat, I believe in life after the fetus has a heartbeat, I do not believe in looking like a government of a##es in the world's eyes, I believe VERY STRONGLY in the art of compromise, I don't believe in putting energy "fuel" exploration above the environment, I am torn on the global warming theory, BUT I say we must err on the side of caution, I believe in capital, and corpral punishment, and I see Carter's and Obama's VERY SHORT comings while being President!!

carcraft
carcraft 12/06/13 - 02:47 pm
The US still has one of the

The US still has one of the largest economies in the world and we are still innovative . Obama seems to working over time to end that.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 02:55 pm
Robert2410 @ 6:00 AM

"I don't think words are going to correct the problem we have in our country, it will probably take bullets and blood"

I believe this statement is very uncalled for!! If our government can stop wars in other countries with deplomacy, then I believe WE CAN DO IT TOO!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/13 - 03:00 pm
Peace is preferred, Tim, but

Peace is preferred, Tim, but don't forget that this country was founded with blood and bullets...... and over a mere 2% tax.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 03:10 pm
HA @ 11:29

"Explain how it is intelligent and humane to raise someone's pay, which in turn raises the cost of everything that person buys and lowers the value of the money have? The people making minimum wage are right back where they started, and those who don't are all a little poorer...."

You Republicans quite frequently accues us of pulling the "race card". We say that Republicans refuse to see the good in a living wage. I am sure that the employees on minimum wage would be interested to see just how bad a living wage would effect the economy. If a living wage "flops" like Obamacare, then perhaps the next Congress can repeal it like the Republicans intend to do with Obamacare.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 03:15 pm
HA @ 2:00

"Peace is preferred, Tim, but don't forget that this country was founded with blood and bullets...... and over a mere 2% tax"

I am not so dence as to see your points about this statement and a living wage. You have shown me some VERY GOOD points over the last several months, AND MANY of them I believe now!! I am hoping NOT to repeat another Civil War, and as a former minimum wage earner, I hate the fact that SO MANY people have no chance ate bettering themselves!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/13 - 03:19 pm
The so called "living wage"

The so called "living wage" already has flopped every time the minimum wage has been increased. It has caused the problems that I mentioned above EVERY time it has been raised.

And just who has no chance of bettering themselves?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/13 - 03:21 pm
" I am sure that the

" I am sure that the employees on minimum wage would be interested to see just how bad a living wage would effect the economy. "

Well, when they are no longer employed, because the employer can't afford to pay them the new mandated wage, I'm sure they will see how bad it has become....... $0 an hour sure ain't a living wage.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/06/13 - 03:24 pm
T3

For a while there you where coming around to the Truth and Fact side, but I beginning to see a wind in the sail moving back to the lift.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/06/13 - 03:26 pm
But For How Long?

"The US is a "super-power" in ONLY the fact that we have a supreme national defense and, of course, nuclear bombs and subs. and ships!! Is this how we really want to be seen as a super-power??!!

and to the last sentence question...."HELL YES"

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/13 - 03:33 pm
T3....wanting everyone to

T3....wanting everyone to earn a living wage (notice the word earn) is great and compassionate, but if you take into account that every time the minimum wage has been raised, it resulted in minimum wage earners losing jobs, their cost of living increasing to match the new wage, and the standard of living of those NOT making minimum wage going down, it becomes obvious that it is a hurtful thing to do to raise minimum wages, since NO ONE is helped, and MANY are hurt.

carcraft
carcraft 12/06/13 - 04:43 pm
The "living wage " is another

The "living wage " is another of Obama 's red herrings. The truth of the matter is that Union wages are tied to minimum wage. Elevating minimum wage increases many Inion wages. The union still have sore behinds from Obama care taxes on their health plans. Obama is trying to mend fences to get out from under bad polling due to the reality HIS health care program.

KasparHauser
KasparHauser 12/06/13 - 04:54 pm
Let's be Real...

Every parent has had a similar experience that they've regretted after they've swatted a child because of a minor 'straw that broke the camel's back'. Ignorance and deliberate distortion, as is Palin's trademark, cause thinking adults to lash out at times, like the tv presenter who went raving at the Scientology droid in the last year or so.

As for 'hateful', let's discuss the GOP's famous Southern Strategy before throwing stones... this Newt Gingrich mock outrage on the part of the Bagger Brotherhood fools nobody and only makes you look even more clueless about how real people behave (i.e., as compared to the hive of ignored, yelling-at-the-rest-home-tv wrinklies who make up the Grand OLD Party).

Bizkit
Bizkit 12/06/13 - 05:06 pm
You know they didn't want to

You know they didn't want to fire Bashir, but they were "shamed" into it. They were betting it would go viral and they could make T-shirts with it-but alas there is some glass left in the world-just not at MSNBC :)

Bizkit
Bizkit 12/06/13 - 05:12 pm
Obama could care less what

Obama could care less what people think about the ACA-it is like a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down ideology-so it taste bad but it is what is good for you mentality. But let me tell you that brown stuff he is serving ain't chocolate. I think the cards will soon be stacked this law will stay no matter what the majority wish. He is driven by is his sick ideology and his personal wants and isn't about serving America but completely changing America.

Bizkit
Bizkit 12/06/13 - 05:22 pm
I always thought people who

I always thought people who called Obama a communist back in 08 a bit off-I mean I understood his education, etc but that isn't uncommon in higher education and really saw no evidence to believe it. But now I am convinced this egomaniac lunatic is going to take up where Marx, Lenin, Mao have failed and make communism work by forgetting ending capitalism and a shift to socialism and go straight for a class-less society with wealth redistribution-everyone will have the same income then no income-no more poverty, all equal citizens because you didn't build it or do it on your on-utopia.

teaparty
teaparty 12/06/13 - 05:44 pm
Bizkit said, "I always

Bizkit said, "I always thought people who called Obama a communist back in 08 a bit off-I mean I understood his education, etc but that isn't uncommon in higher education and really saw no evidence to believe it."
The facts were there if you had looked. His grandfather was a communist. He took his family to the "Little Red Church on the Hill' when they lived in Seattle. His grandfather was friends with 'Frank' Marshall Davis. Davis moved from Chicago to Hawaii to head up the communist party there. Obama's grandfather selected Davis for Obama's mentor when Obama was 10. Davis was not only communist but a child molester as well.

t3bledsoe
t3bledsoe 12/06/13 - 07:06 pm
Just wanted to say that I read your comments

To: CG, HA, and carcraft, "I just wanted to say that I did come back on long enough to read your last comments to me!" Maybe it is my evening "aperityph" ( spl. ) but I appreciate your comments AND YOU!! There is no proverted intent in my statement, I really do highly value our conversations!! Just wanted to let you know, AND have a GREAT week-end to ALL of the commenters ""BOTH GOOD AND BAD""!! ( LOL )

carcraft
carcraft 12/06/13 - 07:28 pm
T3, have a pleasant evening.

T3, have a pleasant evening.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/06/13 - 08:36 pm
T3

The same from me.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/07/13 - 06:58 am
Ditto

Ditto

myfather15
myfather15 12/09/13 - 11:10 am
T3bledsoe

Since it's Monday morning, I won't wish you a great weekend, but I hope it was a great weekend for you.

Morally, I feel the way you do. People should simply make more; I've never seen how $8.00/hr is enough for anyone to live on, period. But I also see the other point of the argument. If you give the fast food workers $15.00/Hr as they are demanding, we will ALL be paying $15.00 for ONE "Value" meal at McDonalds!! I for one, would NEVER pay this amount to ANY fast food restaurant!! I would completely stop eating at them and I'm quite sure that many people, would be right with me. Then what happens? The restaurant closes down; then millions of jobs are lost and the economy collapses.

Now, the ONLY way to make this work, would be for SOMEONE to make sure the OWNER's PROFIT, is where the difference comes from. Meaning the owner takes the pay cut, not increases the prices to make up the difference. Now, the big question is; WHO is it that FORCES the owner to take the profit loss? The government is the only logical answer!! BINGO!! There you have it, Communism at it's finest!!

I also disagree; people can ALWAYS improve themselves, IF they have the drive to do so!!

GRU monkey death raises questions

Georgia Regents University acknowledged in a statement that it has been placed on probation by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International.