Why ease up when you're winning?

Obama administration inexplicably steps aside for a nuclear Iran

Some say it was a clandestine arrangement. Israel says it’s a dangerous move. Iran says it’s a lie. Congress says it’s a mistake. Even France warned it was feeble.

The only way the Obama administration’s policy toward the Iranian nuclear program could be more of a mess is if it came with a Washington-run website.

When dealing with such a monumental issue – whether the terrorist, West-hating regime in Tehran gets to have nuclear weapons – clarity is essential. Clarity might just be the line between peace and cataclysm.

Clarity is not a word one would reasonably use to describe this situation.

After what some say was a secret deal with the rulers of Iran, the Obama administration has actually agreed to relax economic sanctions against the nation – even though Iran has taken zero steps to back away from its lust for nuclear weaponry.

The world has only now managed to hurt the Iranian economy enough to get the cantankerous, combative Iranian rulers to the negotiating table – and we’re about to let them off the hook.

And for very little in return. Few outside the White House think easing sanctions now will help deter the Iranians from nuclear proliferation. Most believe it will embolden them. Even leading Democrats in Congress such as Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York say tougher sanctions are needed, not lighter ones.

“The disproportionality of this agreement makes it more likely that Democrats and Republicans will join together and pass additional sanctions when we return in December,” Schumer said. “It was strong sanctions, not the goodness of the hearts of the Iranian leaders, that brought Iran to the table. And any reduction relieves the pressure of sanctions and gives them the hope that they will be able to obtain a nuclear weapon.”

Fellow Democrat Rep. Eliot Engel called the agreement “very disappointing.”

“What was achieved last night in Geneva is not an historic agreement. It is an historic mistake,” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned. “If you do a bad deal, you may get to the point where your only option is a military option.”

Nor could Washington and Tehran even agree last week on what they agreed on. Iranian officials said the Obama administration was lying about the details.

Whatever the case, Tehran comes out looking like a clear winner – managing to ease sanctions without giving up its enrichment of uranium.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani “has won a major domestic victory,” a London-based analyst concluded.

Iran’s terrorist subsidiary Hezbollah declared the deal “a model victory and world class achievement” for Iran.

Of Mr. Obama’s claim that the deal has “halted the progress of the Iranian nuclear program,” the Wall Street Journal wrote, “we devoutly wish this were true.”

Remarkably, the newspaper warned that congressional action “is the only way now to stop the President from accommodating a nuclear Iran.”

It’s a complete mess, and one that casts a pall over world peace and an existential shadow over our friends in Israel.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/03/13 - 06:08 pm
What have I said here that is

What have I said here that is not a fact (unless I stated it was opinion) or did not follow logic?

dahreese
dahreese 12/03/13 - 06:14 pm
How many ‘thumbs up ‘on your

How many ‘thumbs up ‘on your comments above have been posted by you?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/03/13 - 06:22 pm
Heck of a topic change I must

Heck of a topic change I must say........If you can't refute anything I said, or debunk any of my logic, just say so.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/03/13 - 06:26 pm
I put all 8 of the thumbs up

I put all 8 of the thumbs up on my 6:57 post. And all 11 at 8:04 :-)

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/03/13 - 06:31 pm
I'm rolling laughing

I'm rolling laughing here...but I've shot this fish in a barrel long enough for today.....it's just too easy.

dahreese
dahreese 12/03/13 - 07:01 pm
It’s healthy to be able to

It’s healthy to be able to laugh at yourself. I’m laughing at you, too.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/03/13 - 07:15 pm
How sadly pathetic.

How sadly pathetic.

teaparty
teaparty 12/03/13 - 08:25 pm
"I'm rolling laughing

"I'm rolling laughing here."
HA, it is not nice to laugh at ignorance.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/03/13 - 08:27 pm
deestafford 0320 pm

"As far as countries spying on one another...Friendly countries have always and will continue to spy on each other. Not only should one want to know what your enemies capabilities and intentions are, one should want to know the same as to your friends."

(I know for a fact and can back that comment up completely.)

and to clarify his word "Friends" is meant to be countries, not your family or personal friends like a stupid comment that was made.

Bizkit
Bizkit 12/03/13 - 08:27 pm
I can see a duel developin'.

I can see a duel developin'. Now take out your 3-D printer and who ever can design, print, load, and fire first wins. Better hurry before they are illegal-like that stops drugs or murder.

carcraft
carcraft 12/03/13 - 09:31 pm
People are so ignorant about

People are so ignorant about World War II. The flying tigers in Chine were continuously attacking Japanese prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor. As a matter of fact the Flying Tigers single hand stop Japan's advance into China. Not bad for a group of American "volunteers "!

carcraft
carcraft 12/03/13 - 09:52 pm
I support Israel for three

I support Israel for three reasons. The first is because the Bible says God will bless those who bless his people. The second is because the Bible tells us the Jewish people are the apple of God's eye. The third reason is that Israel is the only democratic government in the mid east. When Obama went behind the back of Israel and Saudi Arabia he knifed our allies in the back. Our failure to arm rebels in Syria (allies of Saudi Arabia) and failure to bomb in Syria as promised has left Saudi Arabia looking foolish and shredded our credibilty. Our first deal with Iran was nixed by the French and saved us from looking like complete idiots. With this deal we only look like semi idiots.

Bizkit
Bizkit 12/03/13 - 10:58 pm
New higher taxes, new more

New higher taxes, new more expensive health care, higher energy cost for manipulative reasons, fewer jobs, underpaid jobs, Iran building nuclear weapons, etc. Oh I'm just laughin' it up. NOT!!!!!