Breaking bad

Dems happily accept Republicans' offer to play the villain over Obamacare

Washington, the seat of power for the most powerful nation in history, is both broke and broken.

Led by a Democratic Senate that purposely and unconstitutionally chose not to pass a budget for an entire presidential term, Congress has failed utterly in its most basic duty, which is to structure the federal government’s finances. This is why we’re having a “showdown” at the end of this month; the most reviled, most maligned Congress in our lifetimes couldn’t even agree on a blueprint for spending – and must now pass a temporary “continuing resolution” to keep the lights on into October.

Pray remind us, what are we paying you gilded members of Congress for?

And, oh by the way, does anyone think they’ll have to live with the Obamacare disaster that they’ve carved out for the rest of us? So, not only have they completely failed in their most fundamental tasks, but they’re also likely to protect themselves from our health care fates.

Meanwhile, they even appear unable to simply agree on the emergency spending resolution: Led by kamikaze budget hawk Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, a large faction of Republicans apparently won’t agree to fund the government unless Democrats and President Obama agree to kill their baby, Obamacare, in its crib.

What planet do they think that will happen on?

Look, no one opposes the job-killing Obamacare more than this page. It’s actually inflating health-care costs, sometimes staggeringly – after we were promised the law would bend the cost curve downward. It’s a proven job killer, as companies nationwide are cutting back hours, and likely positions, to avoid hefty Obamacare mandates and fines. It’s also putting the IRS between us and our doctors. What could possibly go wrong there?

Still, this country re-upped for Barack Obama in 2012. In so doing, voters endorsed his disastrous health-care law – and inadvertently, perhaps, signed up for four more years of economic stagnation.

It’s a monumental, historic blunder on our part. But to repeat: This country signed up for this. What makes Ted Cruz or any other Republican think the Democrats are going to cave on this, just to avoid a government “shutdown” that will undoubtedly be blamed on the Republicans? Just about everybody but Cruz knows the last government shutdown in the 1990s was blamed squarely on Republicans, and will be this time as well.

They can argue all they want that it will actually be Obama and the Democrats shutting the government down. Technically, that will be true. But you think the public will care about technicalities when the president trots out all the schoolchildren, veterans and retirees who will be hurt, while he’s cheered on by a left-wing news media?

Not only will Republicans most likely be blamed for any government shutdown, but they also will probably make Obamacare look like an innocent victim in all of this.

Only Republicans would be stupid enough to make Obamacare smell like a rose!

All along, the “news” media will eagerly pass along the absolute fiction, perpetrated by Democrats, that there’s not a dime’s worth of fat that can be cut from the federal budget – and that, therefore, there’s no alternative but to raise the debt ceiling to keep on borrowing and keep on dragging our children to financial ruin.

Set against mean-old Republicans that will be seen as 1) denying people health care and 2) shutting the government down to do it, the Democratic path to financial collapse will be neatly cleared of all undergrowth.

For all their prideful, egocentric, plume-filled preening on the nightly news, our leaders in Washington are destroying this country.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:07 am
Quote from editorial

"Look, no one opposes the job-killing Obamacare more than this page"

AS LONG AS divisivness, like this news paper lasts, Republicans and Democrats are going to rapidly move to the extremes of left and right!

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:11 am
Quote from editorial

"Still, this country re-upped for Barack Obama in 2012. In so doing, voters endorsed his disastrous health-care law – and inadvertently, perhaps, signed up for four more years of economic stagnation"

REAL DEMOCRATS AND INDEPENDENTS view Obama and other Democrats as being ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to keep the Rebublicans (i.e. the rich and powerful) from taking over!

harley_52
harley_52 09/25/13 - 10:17 am
"For all their prideful, egocentric, plume-filled preening....

....on the nightly news, our leaders in Washington are destroying this country."

Yes, they are. No doubt about it.

So, imagine my disappointment when the ACES criticizes Senator Cruz and other principled, tenacious, courageous Senators who do what they can to stop it. I don't get it.

You can't win a fight from which you choose to run. Obamacare is bad law that will injure millions of American citizens. I applaud ANY effort to stop it, or even to highlight the flaws in the legislation and in the process that forcibly compels Americans to endure the suffering it will bring.

I am surprised at, and disappointed with, the Editorial position I see here articulated. I think it is wrong, wrong, wrong.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:15 am
Quote from editorial

"just to avoid a government “shutdown” that will undoubtedly be blamed on the Republicans"

This is why IT IS A MUST that the majority of Republicans move to the center!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 10:18 am
Average Republican Salary:

Average Republican Salary: $38,855
Average Democratic Salary: $44,934

Who's the rich and powerful that you are afraid of taking over, T3? Don't let facts get in the way of emotions....I'm doing the research FOR you, all you have to do is accept it.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:21 am
Quote from editorial

"Technically, that will be true"

WILL REPUBLICANS ever admit they can be wrong sometimes?!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 10:23 am
Numerous times I have

Numerous times I have admitted when I was wrong. Some democrats seem to have the same problem though.....do you care to call them out? Is GITMO closed..... NO. Which means either the President was wrong or he was lying. But he admits neither.

harley_52
harley_52 09/25/13 - 10:24 am
"This is why IT IS A MUST ....

....that the majority of Republicans move to the center!"

"There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."

-Ayn Rand

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 10:28 am
I know your works: you are

Revelation 3:15-16

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:28 am
Quote from editorial

"But you think the public will care about technicalities when the president trots out all the schoolchildren, veterans and retirees who will be hurt, while he’s cheered on by a left-wing news media"

You have got to "hand-it" to Obama, he really KNOWS how to charm a croud!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 10:30 am
Charm, brainwash, steal

Charm, brainwash,bamboozle, steal from.....yeah...you gotta hand it to him.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:32 am
Quote from editorial

"Not only will Republicans most likely be blamed for any government shutdown, but they also will probably make Obamacare look like an innocent victim in all of this"

You know, "There is NO ONE easier to dislike than a non-cooperative right-winger!!"

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 10:35 am
I guess I'm easy to dislike,

I guess I'm easy to dislike, becaue I refuse to cooperate with someone who is trying to destroy my country....I'll wear that like a badge of honor.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:41 am
Quote from editorial

"All along, the “news” media will eagerly pass along the absolute fiction, perpetrated by Democrats"

You know, "If there were more news media like The AC, we would be swimming in a sea of unemployment WITH ABSOLUTELY no middle income class at all!" The middle class is the only checks and balences from being turned into a two class system were only the rich and powerful rule!! Is this "wealth envy"; ANGELA; perhaps BUT it is not far from the truth!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 10:47 am
I think you are just

I think you are just confusing the "rich and powerful" with the "hard working and successful." So far I have debunked MOST of what you have posted, but you seem to just ignore it and ramble on. No point in debating further if that is the case.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:48 am
Quote from editorial

"absolute fiction, perpetrated by Democrats, that there’s not a dime’s worth of fat that can be cut from the federal budget – and that, therefore, there’s no alternative but to raise the debt ceiling to keep on borrowing and keep on dragging our children to financial ruin"

And it just warms the bottoms of Democrats' hearts TO ABSOLUTELY know; "without a doubt"; that "our president" was given an absolutely debt free nation. (OH WOW.....that is a BIG lie!!)

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:52 am
Quote from editorial

"For all their prideful, egocentric, plume-filled preening on the nightly news, our leaders in Washington are destroying this country"

If this statement IS true, then Republicans and Democrats MUST share in the results.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 10:53 am
Who said he was given a debt

Who said he was given a debt free nation? Are you making this stuff up? Do you know the difference between debt and deficit?

harley_52
harley_52 09/25/13 - 10:54 am
"If this statement IS true, then Republicans and Democrats....

....MUST share in the results."

It IS true and YES, they both share in the results (and the shame).

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 10:54 am
I stops hurting when I stop

I stops hurting when I stop hitting my head on the wall....I give up.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 10:59 am
HA @ 10:35

"I guess I'm easy to dislike, becaue I refuse to cooperate with someone who is trying to destroy my country....I'll wear that like a badge of honor"

Myfather15 has accused me of saying things that even I don't really believe. "Do you ever TRULY read your posts? If you really believe this way, I guess it is a good thing that we will never meet, BUT I do like to debate you!!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 11:02 am
I have yet to make a post

I have yet to make a post that I don't believe. Why on Earth would I?

If believing in self reliance and personal responsibility make me a person you can't like, then again, I wear it like a badge of honor.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 11:01 am
HA @ 10:54

"I stops hurting when I stop hitting my head on the wall....I give up"

YOU KNOW I care that you care!!

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 11:06 am
HA @ 11:01

"I have yet to make a post that I don't believe. Why on Earth would I"

This is true, BUT sometimes what you think are facts comes from the extreme right. I don't see why you are REALLY taking advantage of my vulnerabilty fear about no more debates with you.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 11:12 am
HA @ 11:02

"If believing in self reliance and personal responsibility make me a person you can't like, then again, I wear it like a badge of honor"

People can be on the extreme opposite ends of the political fence, BUT can like and admire them for being a person first, and then one that truly believes in their politics.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 11:19 am
HA @ 10:28

"I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Revelation 3:15-16"

Even if I were an agnostic or atheist, "I can still appreciate your knowledge of many subjects." The first time that I ever posted to you; you thought I was making a wise-crack about your intellect. I suppose that I should be greatful that you did not tune me out back then!!

harley_52
harley_52 09/25/13 - 11:20 am
The Likely Outcome....

...of the principled stand now being taken by a few Republican Senators is that Obmacare will still be implemented and the American people will suffer in ways we already know they will and in ways we haven't even imagined. It is going to be a "train wreck" without any doubt.

At this point, most Americans have no idea what's about to befall them. They will soon find out.

When the American people come to realize what a horror their government has foisted upon them, they will wonder who is responsible? Who did this to us? Did anyone stand up to prevent this "train wreck?" Who stood with the people? Did anybody even try?

Even if the efforts by Senator Cruz fail, as many predict and many others hope, the American people will see that some politicians tried to do what was right, while others did everything they could do to aid in the implementation of a law they KNEW was a bad law.

Voters won't forget, I don't believe.

t3bledsoe 09/25/13 - 11:28 am
HA @ 10:53

"Who said he was given a debt free nation? Are you making this stuff up? Do you know the difference between debt and deficit"

Since it seems that you have already said "GOOD DAY" to me "yet again", so I guess I will take more liberties with saying what I believe!! First, there is this thing called "humor" that seems to go well with other posters!! I say that Obama was left WITH A HUGH national debt which will be very diffecult even for a Republican to reduce.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 11:33 am
"This is true, BUT sometimes

"This is true, BUT sometimes what you think are facts comes from the extreme right."

If something is a fact, does it matter where it comes from? Truth is truth.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 09/25/13 - 11:36 am
If you balance the budget

If you balance the budget (which you can't do if you don't ever sign one), you can avoid having to raise the dept ceiling even if you have a HUGE debt. That is why I asked you if you know the difference between debt and deficit.

Solar 'farm' for Fort Gordon?

ATLANTA -- Georgia military installations at Fort Stewart, Fort Gordon, Fort Benning and Kings Bay will one day be housing solar farms that can make them independent of the power grid in ...