American coronation

Media, government combine to pave way for Hillary Clinton

The line of succession to the British monarchy was a hot topic recently with the birth of a new royal.

Likewise, the news and entertainment media in this country are attempting to establish a line of succession to the White House for Democrats.

Next up: Hillary Clinton, who is apparently the heiress apparent to the Democratic throne, otherwise known as the Oval Office.

NBC is planning a four-hour miniseries on Mrs. Clinton, to air before the 2016 presidential election, just in case the news media haven’t puffed up her legend enough by then.

Another film called Rodham is planned, and is being penned by screenwriter Courtney Hunt, who columnist John Fund notes “is known in Hollywood as an admirer of Hillary Clinton’s.”

When was the last time the media did anything remotely resembling that for a rising Republican star?

These are not small or petty considerations. We’re talking about the next leader of the free world.

It’s alarming the extent to which it all resembles a middle school class president selection process. It’s all personality driven. Never mind what they would do in office or what their beliefs and ideologies are. Why not drop all pretense and just have People magazine moderate the presidential debates?

The cult of personality is what drives leadership decisions in Third World faux democracies. But it is increasingly taking over American politics.

Like a superstorm, in which several meteorological events come together as one, the media’s attempt to create a Democratic line of succession is combining forces with the Obama administration’s singular purpose: that of coalescing power into a one-party permanent ruling majority.

Mr. Obama and his advisers are using every device, every agency of government, to create that Democrat caliphate, from the IRS to the Department of Justice and more. They’re using the IRS to impede conservative groups, while using federal money to bankroll Obama supporters’ schemes such as Solyndra.

Ignoring even a Supreme Court ruling, the Department of Justice is going after Texas for its efforts to prevent voter fraud – while pushing immigration reform intended mostly to legitimize millions of new Democratic voters overnight.

Not content with blue and swing states, this administration is attempting to turn even Texas from red to blue.

This administration is term-limited. What won’t end in 2016 is the news and entertainment media’s complicity in trying to create a permanent Democrat ruling party.

The NBC miniseries won’t cover Mrs. Clinton’s early career – or the fact that Democrats working on the Watergate committee found her work there so disreputable that she was fired. Nor will it cover her many other scandals, including Whitewater, “Filegate,” missing law firm billing records and more.

It will be interesting to see how NBC does treat the Benghazi scandal. Mrs. Clinton is neck-deep in it. Her department failed to adequately protect our outpost in the Libyan city, despite repeated and plaintive cries to do so. Then, when terrorists attacked last Sept. 11 and killed four Americans, including our ambassador, she was neck-deep in the cover-up – claiming publicly that the attack was the spontaneous outgrowth of an organic street protest that got out of hand. The protest, she and others in the administration claimed, was over an anti-Islam Internet video. They even jailed the video’s producer to complete the ruse.

Only later were they forced to admit there never was such a protest.

Then, worst of all, Mrs. Clinton ginned up hyped indignation to angrily cry to Congress that what caused the deaths of four Americans doesn’t matter.

It matters to us. It should matter to you. It should matter in presidential politics. And you would think it would matter to the media, which are responsible for holding our government accountable and for accurate recordings of history.

deestafford
deestafford 08/02/13 - 12:32 am
Hillary has never really accomplished anything of significance.

First, she got where she was because she was married to Bill Clinton. This goes all the way back to Arkansas and her "job" at the Rose law firm. She was a carpet bagger when she became senator for NY state.

As the most traveled Sec of State she never really accomplished anything successful. As a matter of fact, our relations with foreign countries went down during her tenure; however, to be honest much of that was /is the result of the narcissist in the White House whom thinks the world will be infatuated with his personality and swoon as his dupes in the US do.

It is amazing how blatant the media is in its early, open support for Hillary---not unexpected, just amazing.

corgimom
corgimom 08/02/13 - 04:17 am
I would think that the ACES

I would think that the ACES wouldn't care about a miniseries about Hilary Clinton, because according to them, the majority of the people in the US believe strongly in the Tea Party principles.

As for me, I'm STILL waiting for the sweeping changes promised by the ACES when the Tea Party members got elected to Congress.

I think I'll be waiting a long, long time.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/02/13 - 06:09 am
Big Bill

If Hillary is elected how in the world will they handle Weiner-like Bill Clinton hanging out in the White House? A tape has recently surfaced of the then 21 year old Monica Lewinsky leaving a message for Bill saying she knew Hillary was not going to be there and she wanted to take her clothes off for him revealed the depths he reaches. They had the White House secretary helping them set up their trysts. I wonder if they will hire the same secretary? Will women vote for Hillary because of what she has to put up with Bill?

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 08/02/13 - 06:02 am
Before we know what Hillary will do, we have another legacy

candidate in the U.S. Senate race here in Georgia, and both the state party and the DSCC are trying to hide the fact that there are other candidates for the Democratic nomination.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 08/02/13 - 06:44 am
You all are watching too much

You all are watching too much FOX news... I don't know if Hillary would make a "great" President, but she'd be far better than anything the GOP currently has to offer. They're too busy giving corporations welfare and throwing religion every which way.

Gary Ross
Gary Ross 08/02/13 - 07:34 am
Party politics

Great article, but here we go again about party politics. We should be voting for who is best for AMERICA! Clinton certainly is not.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 08/02/13 - 07:46 am
If Republicans could possibly

If Republicans could possibly scrounge up a viable candidate, the ACES would not have to worry about a silly movie or a miniseries.
And, apparently, that's not on the horizon since the whining has ALREADY begun.

carcraft
carcraft 08/02/13 - 11:22 am
The Democratic Party is

The Democratic Party is already laying the foundation as the article points our. My question for all the Hillary R Clinton supporters is this, if Hillary Rodham Clinton could not take proper action to defend an ambassador in Africa how can she properly defend America?

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/02/13 - 08:34 am
Well Hillary is NO BILL

Well Hillary is NO BILL CLINTON so my bet they will try to conflate the two. But I believe if she had won this last time we wouldn't be on this crazy path we are now. Her record doesn't demonstrate that rabid ideology and she clearly was different than Barak during the first bid for the prez. She was beating the crap outta him initially. She doesn't have that dysfunctional, racist, commie background that Barak had (self-confessed broken family, poor student, drugs, commie influence). She actually is smart and did well in school. We will likely never know Barak's real school record (a poster child for the under educated and socially promoted). She apparently paid for her education rather than lie about their birthplace to receive opportunities a native born wouldn't receive (no way Obama would have gone from an early education in Indonesia then Hawaii then LA and Occidental College to Columbia after self-confessed poor grades at Occidental-that don't add up). But while Bill may have been a sexual ho his wife is a political one.

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/02/13 - 08:33 am
Most Americans Rep or Dem are

Most Americans Rep or Dem are hesitant to let one party control the Executive and Legislative branches again-it didn't work out too well in the past. So it depends on these Congressional elections-if the Dems take over both houses of Congress then I bet America will vote for a Rep just for a balance of power. It would be disastrous to have the Dems control all three branches and might as well be a dictatorship. If the Rep could coax Condy Rice to run well for Prez and John Huntsman as Vice Prez then I believe the Rep would have a fighting chance (I'd vote for that ticket). Now there are no Rep candidate to take on a Dem they are too busy fighting with each other.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 08/02/13 - 08:55 am
Cult of personality?

Like Hillary Clinton Drive leading to a local government complex? Mt. Clinton in Nevada? Hillary on Mt. Rushmore? Clinton National Airport? Clinton on currency? We'd never see a cult of personality like that on the right. Would we?

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/02/13 - 09:14 am
Dang Bod you do have a sense

Dang Bod you do have a sense of humor-that is really funny. Who could the conservatives offer for such a personality. Oh I know Limbaugh Dr., Mt. Limbaugh, Limbaugh Airport, Limbaugh on currency, and then a finally new Rush Limbaugh-Betty Ford clinic. LOL. Hey I just realized that Barak and I have more in common than I realized-we both try to be comedians.
Well whoever is the next prez you can bet I will still use the incendiary inflammatory rhetoric to belittle them too-least I be accused of discrimination. It is the ACES poster mantra.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/02/13 - 09:23 am
I have to agree with bizkit on this..

As much as my Rep friends don't want to hear this....If you don't comeup with an outstanding candidiate SHE will be the next President..

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 08/02/13 - 09:30 am
The obstructionist left

has doomed America to Third World status. The clintons are just rich pond scum, with the morals of the hijackers of 9/11. obama isn't much better. If hitlary wins in 2016, you better subscribe to the rosetta stone and learn Arabic.

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/02/13 - 09:44 am
Hillary is True Marxist Believer. The course of USA won't chang

Hillary is True Marxist Believer. The course of USA won't chang

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 08/02/13 - 09:46 am
It is my understanding that...

Former Rep. Anthony Weiner is planning to announce his candidacy for president and choose AG Eric Holder as his vice prez...let's get behind these guys Weiner/Holder 2016!!

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/02/13 - 09:52 am
Good one Gnip. Perhaps we

Good one Gnip. Perhaps we could talk Queen Elizabeth outta her coronation garb and jewels for Hillary to wear. If people get outta line she could whack em with that scepter.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/02/13 - 09:56 am
seenit is right

The Republicans need to put up a pro wealth distribution, tax the greedy successful folk to oblivion, abortion on demand, anti gun, down with corporations type candidate. Hating what America stands for wouldn't hurt either.

RMSHEFF
RMSHEFF 08/02/13 - 10:01 am
Someone tell me what she has

Someone tell me what she has accomplished in her lifetime but she did "stand by her man".

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/02/13 - 10:20 am
I'm saying this

She would have been better than Obama...she is smarter.

Smarter than ole Bill too!

She wouldn't get caught in the oval office with her pants down!

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/02/13 - 11:01 am
RMSHEFF nowadays having a

RMSHEFF nowadays having a political "record" is a liability. Obama was elected because he had no political record to haunt him. Community organizer and then "present". Sheesh. Note how incumbent Rep and Dems are being challenged by others of the same party because of that record. Like guppies eating their young. The fat-man Christie wouldn't stand a chance running in either party (if he tries a "Specter". Too moderate for either party, too big (a poster child for heart disease and it is all about shallow appearances), and seems to have no loyalties to party (which is now like a sin to not completely support. So much for diversity in America.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/02/13 - 10:55 am
Better than Obama for sure;

Better than Obama for sure; but that is still a step below "better than nothing".

historylover
historylover 08/02/13 - 11:03 am
Utter Right Wing BS

A caliphate (from the Arabic خلافة or khilāfa) is an Islamic state led by a supreme religious as well as political leader known as a caliph (meaning literally a successor, i.e., a successor to Islamic prophet Muhammad) and all the Prophets of Islam.

I am ashamed to be a subscriber to this paper and to live in a city that would print such utter garbage. The ACES apparently truly believes our President is not only Islamic, but also a successor to the prophet Muhammad. What is wrong with you people?

OJP
OJP 08/02/13 - 11:05 am
@deestafford

"Hillary has never really accomplished anything of significance."

Good grief. As if being elected a U.S. Senator from one of the most influential states in our country and becoming Secretary of State aren't of any significance.

Perhaps you can provide us with your illustrious life accomplishments as a comparison.

chascushman
chascushman 08/02/13 - 11:15 am
"As if being elected a U.S.

"As if being elected a U.S. Senator from one of the most influential states in our country and becoming Secretary of State aren't of any significance."
OJP, I agree being one of the worse Sec. of State in history is pretty significant but then 'what difference does it make'.

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/02/13 - 11:16 am
Where did ACES report he is

Where did ACES report he is an Islamic caliphate? Musta been out of town. Actually if he were Muslim it might go a long way to help during this present age. I agree OJP Hillary has been the most successful first lady in recent times politically. She does have a significant record but you know as well as I that the Benghazi deal will haunt her unless Obama can get those guys and wrap this up. One bad incident can ruin a lifetime of success. I don't believe half the crap I post, but I get my kicks tickin' folks off with the incendiary and inflammatory rhetoric. I just as soon keep my real opinions to myself-because whenever I have expressed them everyone (progressives and conservatives) hates me (gosh I feel like Christie and Huntsman-too moderate for anyone to like).

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/02/13 - 11:23 am
Where did ACES report he is

Hmmm double it posted for some reason. There gone.
I get grief all the time-an evolutionist who is a Christian that believes in God makes me traitor. Support a progressive idea and the conservatives hate me, and then support a conservative idea and the progressives hate me. Well I probably should stop with the inflammatory rhetoric (but I'm often curious how people will react)because likely the NSA has this huge file on me. LOL. I use to make a concerted effort to be civil as Bizarro-but dang I was wasting my time.

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/02/13 - 11:27 am
I've been posting like crazy

I've been posting like crazy the last few weeks to see if my points go up, but they seem to stay the same. How does this system work anyhoo?

historylover
historylover 08/02/13 - 11:30 am
Bizkit

"Mr. Obama and his advisers are using every device, every agency of government, to create that Democrat caliphate, from the IRS to the Department of Justice and more. "

Direct line from the above article. Perhaps you should spend more time reading what you are commenting on.

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 08/02/13 - 11:37 am
Remember Dinesh???

I guess Mike and the AC don't. The pro-Hillary films will no doubt help her get elected in 2016, although she won't need them. Who but the AC doesn't remember the fall 2012 film 2016: Obama's America, by arch-conservative Dinesh D'Souza? Tea Party types and other right wingers fell all over themselves to see the film that was intended to "expose" Obama as an America-hating socialist. Indeed, the film grossed over $33 million, making it one of the most successful documentaries of all time. What good did it do conservatives? Not much, apparently, as President Obama won reelection by an unexpectedly large margin. I guess Mike and the AC only worry about pro-liberal films--anti-liberal ones are OK? Maybe Mike can prove me wrong by posting a link to the AC editorial critical of 2016: Obama's America. I'll stay tuned....

Charges for sex offender

A man convicted of sex charges in Columbia County, who then went to prison for child molestation in south Georgia is back behind bars.