Secret Service, public disservice

Partying agents heap more disgrace on profligate government

The Colombia hotel at the center of the Secret Service prostitution scandal is declining comment, saying it wants to protect the privacy of its guests.

Finally! Someone with a little discretion!

This is the second historic, landmark, we’ll-always-remember-this scandal to rock the federal government in just a few weeks’ time.

First there were the revelations of wild, unabashed Nevada-casino partying by hundreds of federal employees at a General Services Administration conference in 2010. Now, an international incident, in which 11 Secret Service officers and nine or more military folks preparing the way for President Obama’s visit to Colombia have been implicated in a reckless night of strip joints and prostitutes.

The 11 Secret Service officers were sent home and had their security clearances revoked.

Reuters reported that the prostitutes were taken back to agents’ hotel rooms that also contained the president’s schedule.

America’s influence and prestige at the hemisphere’s Summit of the Americas was already clearly on the wane – with unprecedented challenges by other countries’ leaders of the U.S.’s insistence on leaving Cuba out. But this scandal made the U.S. a laughingstock, and no doubt has further eroded the country’s standing in the world.

The disgrace of a formerly proud Secret Service agency, and the country it serves, also is yet another disgusting peek at the unseemly underbelly of this federal government. One wonders why we should be surprised: Runaway spending begets wanton acts. And never before has federal spending been so out of control and so poorly overseen. Consider: The U.S. Senate has declined for three years now to even pass a budget. The secretary of the Senate recently revealed that this Senate’s time in session and its passage of laws and other measures is the second-lowest in 20 years.

They can’t even watch the numbers. How much are our leaders monitoring the culture of the government they head?

It’s so bad now that even the Secret Service is out of control.

One side note of interest: The hotel in Colombia charges $60 extra for overnight guests. Are taxpayers getting stuck with paying for the Secret Service’s hookers?

We may need to amend our earlier comment about discretion. Apparently the whole affair blew up after one of the agents refused to pay his overnight “guest” extra the next morning. That makes him, says editorial cartoonist Glenn McCoy, “the only employee of the federal government trying to cut spending.”

freeradical
freeradical 04/18/12 - 05:54 am
When the very person they are

When the very person they are charged with protecting considers

it part of the job to manuver baby fat interns to their knees in the

oval office , then this is what evolves, they consider to be part of their

job.

Is their any doubt this land is condemned?

copperhead
copperhead 04/18/12 - 06:01 am
It appears that the secret

It appears that the secret service had the same attitude as the gsa-don't have to answer to anyone! Be willing to bet that all of the hussein appointees and their agencies are the same. Create as much confusion and discontent as possible. Create more and more crisis so hussein can declare martial law before election time. Best look around-the crisises are adding up!

copperhead
copperhead 04/18/12 - 06:35 am
carcraft,look out! some of my

carcraft,look out! some of my posts were removed for asking THAT question!

copperhead
copperhead 04/18/12 - 06:44 am
Does anyone know if any of

Does anyone know if any of the agents involved are former or corrent black panthers appointed by hussein?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/18/12 - 11:46 am
I don't think the military

I don't think the military people with them should be charged. The size of the military would be drastically cut if dalliances with hookers in foreign countries were against regulations.

copperhead
copperhead 04/18/12 - 07:22 am
That's right hussein

That's right hussein worshippers-don't question ANYTHING about hussein and his appointees!

agrit
agrit 04/18/12 - 07:28 am
It's a good thing I didn't go

It's a good thing I didn't go into the "world's oldest profession" - I would have starved to death. My services would have been more than $47. I was watching a female senator (I believe) this morning say that she was wondering if this was the first occurance like this or was it the first time someone got caught. Really???

Bruno
Bruno 04/18/12 - 09:05 am
This should be easy. Fire

This should be easy. Fire everyone involved immediately then focus on the real issues like the crappy economy.

kmb413
kmb413 04/18/12 - 09:34 am
It was all good until you get

It was all good until you get caught.

allhans
allhans 04/18/12 - 09:55 am
I found it strange (really!)

I found it strange (really!) that 21 men were involved. In my lifetime I have found that in any given group a few will break away to do his/her own thing.
This is a lot of men agreeing to be "BAD" boys.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 04/18/12 - 10:13 am
barrys administration...trash

barrys administration...trash begets trash....................

OJP
OJP 04/18/12 - 10:28 am
@Riverman1: I'm not in favor

@Riverman1: I'm not in favor of going after servicemen who enjoy the "company" of women. However, if they are within the security bubble created around the President (particularly outside of the U.S.), it's a whole different story.

If these allegations are true, every single one of them needs to be dishonorably discharged (and the Secret Service agents need to be fired). Quite frankly, they should consider themselves lucky to get away with only that as punishment.

You don't *have* to accept a position protecting the President. But if you *choose* to do so, keep your pants on when the President's life is on the line.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/18/12 - 11:31 am
"Honey, kids, it seems I've

"Honey, kids, it seems I've lost my job.......you see...." Won't that be a fun conversation with the ole family?

carcraft
carcraft 04/18/12 - 12:01 pm
You were right Copperhead,

You were right Copperhead, LOL

smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 04/18/12 - 12:24 pm
When he heard there were

When he heard there were immediate openings with the Secret Service Bill Clinton promptly submitted his application.

allhans
allhans 04/18/12 - 02:13 pm
Can the reputation of our

Can the reputation of our country get any worse?

Okay..I guess it can. Some more bad stuff from Afghanistan. It just keeps coming.

copperhead
copperhead 04/18/12 - 02:33 pm
i usually am,carcraft! i pay

i usually am,carcraft! i pay attention! just watch and see how the crisises add up in the next 3 months. wonder how many it'll take for hussein to declare martial law? probably one will come out of this in colombia,then n.korea,then iran,then the many finacial crisises stemming from gsa and so on and so on and so on......

carcraft
carcraft 04/18/12 - 06:57 pm
I need to correct my error,

I need to correct my error, the Hooker wanted about $ 300 and settled for $225.00. I think Obama is so deep in trouble he will be lucky to see day light. He is polling even with Romney and has been campaigning for a couple of months now. Thanks for the heads up I wonder is we can say "looks like you know who's son"

Bizkit
Bizkit 04/18/12 - 11:00 pm
Look these guys aren't the

Look these guys aren't the brightest lot. They were told to go South. They figure in the South don't they have ole fashioned Ho Downs. You can see the confusion. No? See in the Obama Administration there is always an answer. If that doesn't work then (let's all answer at once-It's Bush's fault). Wow. I just realized this time its true. hee,hee,hee. Beware the Burnin' Bush-the religious one would be welcome.