Race to the bottom

Liberal mouthpieces keep shoveling out disgusting intolerance

Keeping you abreast of the jaw-dropping outrages of the liberal media might well be a full-time job.

CBSNews.com called Denver quarterback Tim Tebow a “notorious evangelical Christian” for showing his devotion publicly. Notorious? Really? Under “notorious” in the Thesaurus, you’ll find such words as dishonorable, disreputable, ill-famed, infamous, questionable, scandalous, shady, shameful, unadmirable and wicked.

Because he takes a knee on the sideline to pray? One supposes that is what today’s society considers to be “notorious.”

Meanwhile, the same website called ultra-liberal Bill Maher a mere “comedian” – leaving off the “dishonorable, disreputable, ill-famed, infamous, questionable, scandalous, shady, shameful, unadmirable and wicked” part. One could devote an entire department to monitoring and reporting on Maher’s reprehensible hatred, aimed primarily at devout Christians and conservatives, especially conservative women. The only problem: Most of his bile isn’t printable.

Most recently, Maher “tweeted” after a Denver loss on Christmas Eve that Jesus had foiled Tebow bad – only he used a different word for “foiled” beginning with the same letter.

Can you get much more contemptible than that?

Well, you can come close.

Liberal commentator Alan Colmes recently said that Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has done “crazy” things – such as when he and his wife took their hours-old deceased infant home to “play” with the dead baby with their other children before the funeral.

First of all, it is none of Alan Colmes’ business, or anyone else’s, how a family mourns the loss of a child. Second, losing a child may be the most painful thing a human being can endure; for Colmes to make it a political issue is disgusting – to mock it is beyond vile.

And to suggest that it was to “play” with the body – well, that’s just insane, and one of the most revolting things we’ve ever heard. To think it’s “crazy” to take a deceased family member for a short time into a home that he or she should have grown up in, but won’t – and to insinuate it’s done in order to “play” with the deceased infant – is both inane and inhumane.

Colmes angrily defended his remark initially, in the face of righteous, courageous and withering rebuke from conservative commentator Rich Lowry. Ultimately, Colmes had to admit his atrociousness and apologized directly to Santorum. But the deed was revealing nonetheless.

And consider the contrast between the grieving Santorum family and the recent gruesome discovery of 35 human fetuses in an abortion clinic’s freezer in Maryland. Under other circumstances it would be called a “mass grave.” The case will test that state’s fetal homicide law, as well as this nation’s moral compass.

Heaven help a society that condemns a grieving family when its loved and wanted child dies and is mourned in the home – but finds the discovery of 35 dead babies in an institutional freezer to be just another story.

It’s mind-boggling how some people think, and repugnant how they talk.

Haki
Haki 01/09/12 - 12:06 am
You should listen to sports

You should listen to sports radio or check a sports blog. The notorious label doesn't come from the liberal media. It comes from our new form of social interacting. People making any statement they want with little or no accountability. Words spoken from "Haki!"

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/09/12 - 04:48 am
The family bonding with the

The family bonding with the baby that died gives me a new and respectful insight to Rick Santorum.

Techfan
Techfan 01/09/12 - 06:00 am
The fetus was 20 weeks old. A

The fetus was 20 weeks old. A normal fetus at that gestattional age would be around 10 inches and weigh about 10 1/2 ounces. Santorum's had Trisonomy 18, so it was probably smaller and deformed. They also had to essentially have a chemical abortion to save Mrs. Santorum's life due to an intrauterine infection. I don't see how anyone could not think that bringing home an infected corpse to pass around to kids under 6 years old for them to hug is kind of creepy.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/09/12 - 06:17 am
Techfan, Alan Colmes

Techfan, Alan Colmes apologized to Santorum for making a statement like yours. What's there not to get that it's rude to criticize such a family decision? You have no idea what the fetus looked like. Of course abortion proponents would have preferred the baby simply have been aspirated into the suction canister and discarded.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 01/09/12 - 06:26 am
Thank you Riverman. I find

Thank you Riverman. I find it utterly appalling that anyone would question the Santorum's decision regarding the tragic loss of their baby.

Techfan
Techfan 01/09/12 - 06:41 am
The part that I find creepy

The part that I find creepy is that they knew the fetus was massively infected (Mrs. Santorum's temp was 105) and they thought it was acceptable to expose their kids to it. If they felt that their kids needed to see it, take them a picture. And yes, I do think infected dead tissue should be discarded and not leave the hospital. We've had people take pictures with their dead relatives. I find it kind of odd, especially some that climbed into bed with them, but that's their choice. It, however, their loved was was in isolation, ther's no way we would allow them to remove their gowns, masks, gloves, etc. and especially not get in bed with them or make bodily contact. To each his own, but not when others' health is involved.

copperhead
copperhead 01/09/12 - 07:08 am
Techfan,you show your true

Techfan,you show your true colors. Maybe something similar happening to you would change yor attitude.

Techfan
Techfan 01/09/12 - 07:47 am
My true colors? Yep, an RN

My true colors? Yep, an RN concerned about infection control. How dare I? Do you even read the full comments, or just make hateful comments for the fun of it? Yes, I, like everyone else I know have had loved ones die. Grandparents, parents, and friends. I miss them like I'm sure everyone else misses theirs. If the fetus wasn't infected I wouldn't have a problem with what they did, although I do find it strange. But, to each his own (see above comment, if you read it). Exposing your kids, or anyone else, to infected tissue is not acceptable under any circumstance.

copperhead
copperhead 01/09/12 - 07:54 am
What is hateful about"you

What is hateful about"you show your true colors"?

Techfan
Techfan 01/09/12 - 08:08 am
"Maybe something similar

"Maybe something similar happening to you would change yor attitude." Yes, if someone you loved would just die.... Like I said, they have, and no it hasn't changed my mind about contamined tissue leaving the hospital.

David Parker
David Parker 01/09/12 - 08:51 am
i get your point techfan.

i get your point techfan. I'm not going to comment on the Santorum situation specifically. I will say that when my loved ones pass, I choose to avoid any visual remembrance of them in death. Not even a glimpse if I can help it. Remembering them animated is fine for me. Call it denial, call it fear, whatever, I handle it.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/09/12 - 08:53 am
I would think that if there

I would think that if there was any danger in taking the baby home, someone at the Hospital would have prevented it from occurring or at a minimum advised the parents against doing so.

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 01/09/12 - 09:09 am
Bringing a dead infant home

Bringing a dead infant home is just the start of Santorum's creepiness.
But I digress.... Tim Tebow proves once again that biography is destiny.
Let's see: take two Christian missionary parents, add Florida and the South generally, home schooling, and football, and you get a Tim Tebow.
Wearing one's evangelical convictions on one's sleeve (or wristband or under one's eyes), kowtowing to Jesus at every opportunity (the more public the better), allowing oneself to be used on tv to promote opposition to legal abortion in the most maudlin way imaginable, is at best the height of bad taste. At worst it's repulsive. On top of all that, the fact that Tebow is apparently sincere makes it just laughable.

harley_52
harley_52 01/09/12 - 09:26 am
"On top of all that, the fact

"On top of all that, the fact that Tebow is apparently sincere makes it just laughable."

For whom?

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 01/09/12 - 09:33 am
Back to Santorum. At 8%

Back to Santorum. At 8% (almost Bachmann territory), he is already slipping in the New Hampshire polls, which is completely predictable. New Hampshire conservatives are small-government, fiscal conservatives who, for the most part, leave their private religious convictions at the primary door. For them, Santorum's gay bashing, recent history of big-money lobbying, and, yes, bringing that
dead baby home, are a bit much. As Santorum slides, Huntsman climbs...coincidence? Santorum may have a last gasp in South Carolina, where his smarmy, intolerant, and at times creepy Evangelical Christianity will be more welcome. After that, he will join the Bachmanns, Cains, Perrys, and Gingriches of the world--more fodder for comedians, and another chapter in Tea Party mythology.

allhans
allhans 01/09/12 - 09:34 am
Great game by the Broncs and

Great game by the Broncs and Tebow. May they continue on.

The Santorum baby is a puzzle. I don't know the circumstances, so much of what we hear sis just hearsay. I would assume the children were looking forward to a new brother or sister and the parentsgave them a chance to show the infant their love.

BTW...Healthy children the age of the Santorum baby are aborted daily...

bjphysics
bjphysics 01/09/12 - 09:34 am
Does infected automatically

Does infected automatically mean contagious?

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 01/09/12 - 09:36 am
harley_52. I take it yours

harley_52. I take it yours is a rhetorical question?

harley_52
harley_52 01/09/12 - 09:41 am
Not at all. For whom do you

Not at all. For whom do you think Tebow's sincerity is "laughable?"

It certainly isn't for me, nor for anyone with whom I've discussed it.

I'm asking what kind of person considers the sincere faith of another "laughable?"

harley_52
harley_52 01/09/12 - 09:51 am
bjphysics asked "Does

bjphysics asked "Does infected automatically mean contagious?"

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/09/12 - 09:53 am
Kowtowing...the act of deep

Kowtowing...the act of deep respect, to kneel and touch the forehead to the ground in token of homage, worship, or deep respect.

LOL, kowtowing to Jesus is the height of bad taste?......not in our world EEL, and I would think it would only be repulsive to those who have a hatred for anything Godly. Apparently the fact that you think Tebow is unsincere IS laughable.

Why is bringing a deceased love one home so creepy. People use to bring deceased love ones home, have family and friends come by the home and pay their respects before burial. How is this any different.

And Techfan, please get your facts straight before spewing such garbage. "Santorum's had Trisonomy 18"

Rick and Karen's Santorum's deceased son, Gabriel (he does have a name and is not a corpse or fetus), did not have Trisonomy 18. They have six living children.One of their children, 3 year old Bella, (not Gabriel), has been diagnosed with Edwards syndrome, a serious genetic disorder. Also mental health experts interviewed by ABC News said what the Santorums did was encouraged at the time to help the family with the grieving process. Where you get that Gabriel was massively infected? Maybe the same question can be posed to you "Do you enjoy making hateful comments?" I tend to agree with JTF, if the hospital thought there was a danger of infection, I serious doubt they would have let the Santorum's take their child home.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 01/09/12 - 10:06 am
Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them

Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."

Luke 23:24 (Jesus said) "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/09/12 - 10:28 am
"After many tests it was

"After many tests it was determined our son was eligible for the operation that could save his life. It was a success, but an infection developed in the amniotic sac, and I was rushed to the hospital with a high fever, having contractions."

Techfan, from every thing I have read concerning this child and it's brief life, it appears by what is written by Karen Santorum, the infection developed after the surgery to repair a defect. I ask again, where did you come to the opinion this child was massively infected?

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 01/09/12 - 10:34 am
InChristLove, I don't see how

InChristLove, I don't see how anyone posting would have any facts as to whether Gabriel's body was infected or not. You know how it is with liberals, throw everything against the wall and something might stick.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/09/12 - 10:37 am
It would appear that the

It would appear that the hospital was the source of the infection. The surgical team probably used improperly sterilized implements. Once Santorum is eliminated from the race, he can sue the hospital to pay off his campaign debts.

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 01/09/12 - 10:39 am
harley_52 "I'm asking what

harley_52
"I'm asking what kind of person considers the sincere faith of another 'laughable?'" You miss the point, naturally. I do not think the sincere faith of another is laughable. What IS laughable is the compulsion to advertise that faith at a football game, where it becomes just another promotional "spot" along with the soft-drinks, insurance scams, and male-enhancement drugs. I read with amusement all the hand-wringing during the holidays over the "commercialization" of Christmas,
and yet you seem to find no problem with Tebow's hucksterism.
In the U.S. today, Christianity is simply another growth industry, and Jesus yet one more commodity to be packaged and sold. Tim Tebow is
little more than the latest incarnation of Billy Maze....

allhans
allhans 01/09/12 - 10:49 am
Tebow is doing what he is led

Tebow is doing what he is led to do... That which all true Christians must do, each in his own way, and in the way he feels led.

"Go ye into all the world - Mathew 28:19
And preach the Gospel to every creature - Proclaim the glad tidings - of Christ crucified; and raised from the ....."

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 01/09/12 - 10:50 am
InChristLove, In "our

InChristLove, In "our world"???? I take it in "your" world, there is no difference between kowtowing to Jesus in a place of worship and at a football game. Or in a public school? Or at the mall? What ever happened to "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly"? When Tim Tebow goes into that closet, he can pray till the cows come home for all I care.

harley_52
harley_52 01/09/12 - 10:56 am
EEL said "What IS laughable

EEL said "What IS laughable is the compulsion to advertise that faith at a football game, where it becomes just another promotional "spot" along with the soft-drinks, insurance scams, and male-enhancement drugs."

What qualifies you to know whether Tebow's gestures are the sincere actions of a faithful Christian or an "advertisement" or a "promotional scam?"

Why do you find it appropriate to compare Tebow's demonstration of faith similar to advertising for "soft-drinks, insurance scams, and male-enhancement drugs?"

What motivates your hatred for the faith of another man?

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/09/12 - 11:11 am
EEL, your comment about

EEL, your comment about praying in the closet shows your biblical ignorance. The true meaning of the scripture in 'CONTEXT' helps a lot.

What I refer to in "our world" is the spiritual realm. There is this sinful world, this world ruled by Satan and his angels and then the world that belongs to Jesus.

And to answer your question, no there is no difference for a believer, I will worship (or kowtowing as you like to call it) in church, in the grocery store, at a football game, while I'm driving or waiting at a doctor's office. I will worship while I'm waiting..........this is my temporary home, but while I'm here I can kowtow Jesus whenever I choose. That sir/mame is my God given right.

Historic building on Laney campus demolished

The demolition of the 89-year-old Cauley-Wheeler building on the Lucy C. Laney High School campus is over, but the plan for a building that will act as a link to the former site and its story has ...