Out of hand?

Liberal talker suggests attention to Constitution has gone too far

This is what happens when the "mainstream" media's farm team for commentators has shifted from Democratic administrations to the local comedy club.

Comedienne and far-left-wing crusader Joy Behar wasted no time before entering herself in the 2011 Imbecilic Quotes of the Year this week, when she prompted a fellow liberal guest on her woeful cable show:

"Do you think this Constitution-loving is getting out of hand?"

The comedienne wasn't even trying to be funny.

But as jaw-droppingly comical as that statement is, it's also alarmingly telling -- a sudden and ghastly peek into the dank chambers of liberal thought.

Imagine someone saying, "Do you think this law-abiding-loving is getting out of hand?" Or, "Do you think motorists are getting out of control with their following the rules of the road?"

That's precisely how inane Behar's comment is. She's suggesting that admiring our founding document, much less following it, is a problem that is "getting out of hand."

If the EPA wants to cut down on toxic emissions, there's one right there. We can only pray that only lemmings were tuning in, and no pliable young minds were polluted.

The Constitution constitutes the rules of the road for American society. How can adherence to those rules, or mere acknowledgement of them, ever be "out of hand"?

The truth, as usual, is quite the opposite of a liberal comedian/commentator's assertion: What's truly out of hand is this government's -- and the media's -- disregard and disdain for the law of the land.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/06/11 - 06:04 am
The neoMaos will one day be

The neoMaos will one day be confiscating all copies of the Constitution. They will search houses for it and punish you if you are caught passing on the words via an oral tradition.

carcraft
carcraft 01/06/11 - 06:34 am
Joy Behar is an idiot.

Joy Behar is an idiot. Behar was in a discussion with Barbara Walters about Barbara's interview with Sarah Palin. Palin mentioned she read C. S. Lewis for inspiration. Behar jumped on Palin and said "Oh Palin uses childrens books for inspiration" with all the condescension Behar could muster. The idiot Behar didn't know that C. S. Lewis was a leading Christian intellectual and Don of English at Oxford. C.S. Lewis wrote many really good intellectual books about Christianity such as "The Problem of Pain", The Great Divorce", "Mere Christianity" and "A Grief Observed" etc. All very good books on Christian apologetics. Palin revealed Behar's (and many other on the lefts) lack of intellectual depth with out even trying. To Barbara Walter's credit she immediately correct Behar's ignorance.

southernguy08
southernguy08 01/06/11 - 07:51 am
AC, you're getting upset over

AC, you're getting upset over a whiny liberal idiot. Sorry, I'm being redundant. Behar is offensive, and my guess is she'll offend enough that the sponsors start backing out of her shows. Then it will be interesting how she spins this to blame the Republicans.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 01/06/11 - 08:37 am
Well, you know what? Some of

Well, you know what? Some of the same people making such a show of what's "constitutional" are also who want to gut the thing, including our own disgraceful Rep. Paul Broun, who wants to change or eliminate no less than three amendments, and even tried to push an unconstitutional bill of attainder with his attempt to defund ACORN in particular. Some of us are getting sick of this grandstanding, hypocrisy and apparent failure of reading comprehension. What's worse is how they exhibit this "trust me" attitude towards constituents who they know won't try to critically read and understand the Constitution themselves, much as they trust their preachers to tell them what's in the Bible without doing their own reading.

By the way, don't you have better things to do between 11 AM and noon than watch "The View?" That goes for every single person watching as well as anyone who draws attention to the show by talking about it. You don't have to be particularly partisan to recognize that Barbara Walters doesn't want anyone smarter than her on that panel, regardless of persuasion.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/06/11 - 08:41 am
ACES, please, 3 straight days

ACES, please, 3 straight days of the same message in different forms. Yes, the liberal media is annoying, just as annoying as the conservative media. Get over it, they have a voice, just like you do! Move on and write a piece on solving problems, instead of whining about them........

bettyboop
bettyboop 01/06/11 - 09:56 am
LOL..lester I had no idea

LOL..lester I had no idea what time the view came on....why do you?

getalife
getalife 01/06/11 - 10:06 am
I think that Joy was on her

I think that Joy was on her show when she made the statement, not on the "View" I think both shows are a waste of money and time. Joy Behar is an idiot and hopefully her sponsors will realize this and drop her show.

Austin Rhodes
Austin Rhodes 01/06/11 - 10:11 am
Welcome to the internet age

Welcome to the internet age where whatever is said on network TV is played and replayed on demand. I would wager no one at the ACES is watching The View, or Joy Behar's cable show, live. And as they pointed out...this was on the Behar cable show.

When we saw the Supreme Court squeek out a 5-4 decision rejecting the notion municipal governments can ban hand guns in private residences(Should have been 9-0...or never even heard at that level)...I knew the Obama Led Left checked out on the Constitution. That FOUR SCJs could be THAT IGNORANT as to the 2nd Amendment is astonishing and scary as hell...

southernguy08
southernguy08 01/06/11 - 10:23 am
AUSTIN, those 4 SCJ's are

AUSTIN, those 4 SCJ's are liberals. What do you expect...intelligence?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/06/11 - 10:24 am
Yeh Austin...that scares the

Yeh Austin...that scares the punk out of me.....makes me want to go out & buy another gun. There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon now though....new blood in the House.

libertarianvoter
libertarianvoter 01/06/11 - 10:45 am
"Joy Behar is an idiot." --I

"Joy Behar is an idiot." --I echo this. The entire cast of the View is very ignorant when it comes to the government. I feel sick when I hear what they say on the show, but sometimes I get curious as to what they're discussing (on my days off). Kind of like watching a bad train wreck.

dani
dani 01/06/11 - 11:29 am
You are correct Austin. I

You are correct Austin. I have seen the clips mentioned but never watch either show.

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/06/11 - 12:06 pm
What........you don't think

What........you don't think Joy and Whoopie should be the learned scholars, with absolutely no experience at doing anything productive, who are speaking for 50% of the country? The fact that anyone actually gives credence to these clowns is pretty scary.

Chillen
Chillen 01/06/11 - 01:26 pm
Joy Behar is nothing but a

Joy Behar is nothing but a hideous, left wing hag. I take whatever she says and let it flow straight through to the other side. Is this the best the left can offer? hahaha!

Haki
Haki 01/06/11 - 01:27 pm
Obama '12.

Obama '12.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 01/06/11 - 01:28 pm
If anyone takes joy behar

If anyone takes joy behar serious, they deserve it.

Haki
Haki 01/06/11 - 01:28 pm
Now don't that give you goose

Now don't that give you goose pimples?

Chillen
Chillen 01/06/11 - 01:34 pm
onlysane1left. The media

You say ACES should "Move on and write a piece on solving problems, instead of whining about them" I say YES! Please do! Can you please start a specific editorial campaign on how to remove liberals from political positions and how to begin impeachment of the community organizer? That would be far more helpful to this nation and our economic recovery.

Obama has not upheld his oath of office. You know, the one where he swears to "defend the Constitution agains all enemies, foreign and domestic"? He needs to defend the Constitution against HIMSELF!

Chillen
Chillen 01/06/11 - 01:33 pm
Haki, it doesn't give me

Haki, it doesn't give me goose pimples but I just hurled in the toilet, does that count?

swinter05
swinter05 01/06/11 - 01:45 pm
I can't stand her piggish,

I can't stand her piggish, ignorant, lack of intelligence, slobish self. I DO NOT LIKE JOY BEHAR....AT ALL!!! And another thing on another note....(just my personal opinion)....this whole OWN network nonsense....I don't have a good feeling about it.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/06/11 - 01:47 pm
"onlysane1left. The media

"onlysane1left. The media needs to be called out. It's about time. They have run amuck for years spewing their liberal rhetoric. "

Not any more that the Tea Party, and conservative rhetoric that has been spewd since Day 1 of Obama's adminstration. I, personally, am tired of hearing both sides, grow up, move on.......

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 01/06/11 - 02:15 pm
Oh I long for the day when

Oh I long for the day when actors just act, singers just sing, comedians just act funny without having any more coverage on their political views than the rest of us.

Chillen
Chillen 01/06/11 - 02:30 pm
onlysane1. Well, if the

onlysane1. Well, if the community organizer would act in the best interest of America instead of in the best interest of his communist and progressive pals then the FACT discussing by conservatives would stop.

Oh, and just to clarify something. The Tea Party is made up of individuals. Individuals who are sick of our growing & taxing government. Individuals who thought for themselves and stood up and said "I'm not going to take it anymore."

The mainstream media is headed up by and controlled by progressives with an agenda. One that is very bad for America. They edit out stories that are bad for the agenda. Hiding the truth from America. They are American traitors.

Learn the difference.

Chillen
Chillen 01/06/11 - 06:39 pm
Here's proof of media bias.

Here's proof of media bias.

When Bush was President he was blasted when gas was $2 per gallon. When it was $3 per gallon he was grilled in press conferences & it was constantly in the news. He was blamed, villified & virtually criminalized.

Now gas is $3.07 per gallon (headed for $5 per gallon) & the mainstream media is silent. Crickets are chirping.

Same with Katrina vs Oil Spill. Same with war deaths reported vs the media's current silence despite all time high caualties in Afghanistan.

Jane18
Jane18 01/06/11 - 07:02 pm
So many of the

So many of the higher-ups(owners, producers,etc.) in movies, television, newspapers, magazines, radio are not nice people. They are a breed of their own, and they do have ulterior motives.

comet2u
comet2u 01/06/11 - 08:29 pm
And wiretapping by the Bush

And wiretapping by the Bush Administration? Some how I missed that somewhere in the Constitution. Oh that's right, its there next to the Alien and Sedition Act of 1798.

gobsmacked
gobsmacked 01/06/11 - 10:05 pm
It's great that there is

It's great that there is interest in the Constitution,and it's a good idea to actually read it. Tomorrow the House should read McCulloch v. Maryland aloud.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/06/11 - 10:19 pm
I've been fascinated by Chris

I've been fascinated by Chris Matthews' constant personal attacks on Michelle Bachmann. He has totally lost it about her. He comments on her every word. He describes the way her eyes look in detail. He talks about hypnotism when describing her eyes. He feels that she has a Messianic goal. If I were Bachmann I'd hire extra security if Matthews is ever in the same town. He is obsessed with this woman in a sickly way.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 01/06/11 - 10:46 pm
I think we have finally have

I think we have finally have a consensus, Joy Behar, makes us ALL sick.

usapatriot
usapatriot 01/07/11 - 02:11 am
sad when Joy Behar becomes

sad when Joy Behar becomes the focus of this article and not the Constitution. Maybe that says something on its own.

Wake up America. Liberals all over wanted to demonize Speaker Boehner's reading of the Constitution to open the 112th Congress. It happened, many democrats took part in it. Many others protested. This is the real story.

Way to go being led off the real path again.

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...