Bottom line

The standard for liberal men was set long ago: Real, proven extramarital dalliances, even in the Oval Office, are none of our business. It's personal; has nothing to do with how they do their jobs.

That standard, set for Bill Clinton, has been reinforced in recent years: Until forced to, the mainstream media had no interest in presidential candidate John Edwards' affair and cover-up. He's a liberal Democrat and a man. Eliot Spitzer -- the scandalized former governor and attorney general of New York who famously frequented high-priced hookers -- walked away voluntarily, but was rewarded with a show on CNN. Of course! He's a liberal Democrat and a man!

Oddly, the standard is much different for conservative women. Unproven, reckless and likely imaginary allegations make the news in obvious attempts to smear and slander up-and-coming conservative women such as Nikki Haley and Christine O'Donnell.

Their fault, for being both female and conservative! What were they thinking?

dashiel
dashiel 10/31/10 - 11:54 pm
The bottom is a long way

The bottom is a long way down. You gleefully berate liberal men and assume a chauvinistic posture toward conservative women, yet ignore morally handicapped conservative men altogether. Is this because so few get caught in bed with dead women or so many with live boys?

jimmy23
jimmy23 11/01/10 - 01:41 am
What was that Republicans

What was that Republicans name that was on the cover of Newsweek magazine? This is fact, he was diddleing his aides.The name Foley comes to mind...

carcraft
carcraft 11/01/10 - 04:10 am
Oh did we forget Edwards?

Oh did we forget Edwards? Did we some how forget Barney Frank's boy friend running the male prostitute business out of Franks home! What about the Democrate named Studds who took a 17 year old male page over seas for 2 1/2 week tryst. Lets also raise the flag of glory for Mel Reynolds who had sex with 16 year old girls and convicted of 12 sexual related charges. Clinton pardoned Reynolds nuf said!

Techfan
Techfan 11/01/10 - 05:14 am
Argentina anyone?

Argentina anyone?

Rhetor
Rhetor 11/01/10 - 05:28 am
The difference, which I think

The difference, which I think we all understand perfectly well, is the the Republicans project themselves to be the party of family values.

Rhetor
Rhetor 11/01/10 - 05:22 am
I will agree that the charges

I will agree that the charges that Haley had an affair seemed unreasonable and unlikely.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 11/01/10 - 06:41 am
The RINOs who misrepresent

The RINOs who misrepresent themselves are not tolorated by their party, but there are no moral standards for Dems.
That in itself is one of the MANY differences between parties.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 11/01/10 - 07:33 am
If my comment confused you,

If my comment confused you, RA, just say so. Don't change what I said.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 08:04 am
Would ANY hussein worshipper

Would ANY hussein worshipper please explain why illegal immigrants(NON citizens)voting is good for America?

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 11/01/10 - 08:27 am
"wizzardx1," I think your

"wizzardx1," I think your comment may be pushing it with the AC's guidelines, to say nothing of its extreme foolishness.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 08:31 am
Why does the hussein admin.

Why does the hussein admin. refuse to enforce our laws on immigration?Why is anyone, that is against illegal immigrants voting, the enemy?

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 08:34 am
"Jon Lester" please explain

"Jon Lester" please explain which part of my question is so offensive

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 08:40 am
"Jon Lester" do you agree

"Jon Lester" do you agree that anyone that opposes voting by non citizens is the enemy as hussein told "latino"voters?

Rhetor
Rhetor 11/01/10 - 08:40 am
It don't know how we got to

It don't know how we got to this, but no state allows illegal immigrants to vote in the US, nor have I ever seen the slightest evidence that illegal immigrants actually are voting in the US. Be aware that in the last two years the US government has deported record numbers of illegal immigrants.

Rhetor
Rhetor 11/01/10 - 08:41 am
Wizzard, please provide a

Wizzard, please provide a citation for your 8:40, or drop the silly accusation, one or the other.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 08:46 am
hussein,speaking to "latino"

hussein,speaking to "latino" voters,said they needed to punish their enemies by getting out and voting.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 08:53 am
Well,Rhetor?Who could hussein

Well,Rhetor?Who could hussein be referring to as the enemy?

Rhetor
Rhetor 11/01/10 - 08:56 am
Wizzard, you are retreating

Wizzard, you are retreating from your unfounded and false accusation. Please be aware that many millions of Latinos have lived in the US for generations, and others have immigrated legally and have been naturalized. They are, of course, fully entitled to vote.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 09:02 am
IF the latino voters are

IF the latino voters are voting legally,why would ANYONE be classified as their enemy by the president?

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 09:12 am
What would be the only

What would be the only advantage of not requiring proof of citizenship to vote?

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 09:21 am
Does not requiring proof of

grouse
grouse 11/01/10 - 09:23 am
Seriously?? Newt having an

Seriously?? Newt having an affair the same time as going after Clinton. He's been married what 3-4 times and doesn't that make him an adulterer according to your Bible? Eisenhower had a mistress. Then there are lesser lights such as Sanford, Foley, Vitter, Ensign, etc.

bettyboop
bettyboop 11/01/10 - 09:25 am
Liberal Women are the main

Liberal Women are the main reason that strong ...independant women are villified by the media and their own party...filthy mouthed liberal women in show business and politics have pushed Womens political rights back to the stone-age.....men are no where near as mean and abusive as some liberal females.. they cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Rhetor
Rhetor 11/01/10 - 09:45 am
Wizzard, you are retreating

Wizzard, you are retreating even farther from your original position, which was unfounded and incorrect. Since this is all off the point of the orginal letter to begin with, let's move on.

Rhetor
Rhetor 11/01/10 - 09:46 am
Cliff, please provide an

Cliff, please provide an example of an adulterous Republican whose party then rejected him/her. I'm sure there must be one somewhere, but I can't think of anyone!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/01/10 - 09:46 am
Wizzard asked two

Wizzard asked two questions:

1. What would be the only advantage of not requiring proof of citizenship to vote?

2. Does not requiring proof of citizenship to vote assist the citizen or the non citizen?

I'm not sure what the point of the questions was, but I started thinking. When you go to the polls (either "absentee ballot," "early voting," "advanced voting," or voting on election day) you are not asked to provide proof of citizenship. You are asked (in Georgia, at least) to show the poll worker a picture I.D. provided by a governmental entity. That I.D. card has nothing about citizenship on it.

chascush
chascush 11/01/10 - 09:47 am
wizzardx1, ‘Does not

wizzardx1, ‘Does not requiring proof of citizenship to vote assist the citizen or the non citizen?’
I noticed no one has answered your questions. It seems the liberals get lock jaw when presented with the facts.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/01/10 - 09:49 am
Come to think of it, even

Come to think of it, even when you register to vote you are not asked to provide proof of citizenship. In fact, when you register you are not even asked to provide I.D.

Chillen
Chillen 11/01/10 - 09:49 am
Morals in our society are

Morals in our society are breaking down. Much to the enjoyment of some. Liberals in particular seems most vulnerable to this erosion (not that all conservatives are perfect by any means).

I'm just saying that as a whole, liberals are more likely to accept immoral acts - especially if it benefits THEM. I say wrong is wrong. No matter how it affects you or your chosen political party or political agenda.

Case in point - the recent voting frauds --- "paying" people to vote, allowing illegals to vote, signing up dead people to vote, throwing out a voter intimidation case, proven SCIU-maintained voting machine irregularities, this list is endless! Yet liberals defend EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM AS OK or they dismiss you and call you crazy or paranoid. How bizzare.

I won't even detail the whole baby-daddy, lack of family unit and welfare/anti-work erosion of morals. Another day. Another time.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 11/01/10 - 10:07 am
When I got my Ga. D/L,I had

When I got my Ga. D/L,I had to show my birth certificate,SS card,and a bill of some type to prove where I lived.If those are not proof of citizenship,what are they?