Americans are exhausted

More voters getting buyer's remorse over failed policies Obama is selling

"He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections."

-- Michael Douglas in The American President

Michael Douglas' character in The American President was talking about a fictitious electoral opponent. But he could have been talking about our current White House occupant.

Despite being elected on a platform of hope and change, Mr. Obama has given us a worsened economic climate, and provided only occasional bogeymen to explain it away.

Even fervent supporters aren't buying it anymore.

MSNBC liberal talker Chris Matthews -- who once admitted getting a "thrill" up his leg while hearing Obama speak -- chastised the president recently over his characterization of taxes.

"He should stop saying that giving people tax cuts is giving people money," Matthews intoned. "It's their money! A tax cut is when the government doesn't take our money. It's an important distinction!"

Wow! The lights are coming on even in the far-left side of the building!

Then there was a bold challenge to the president at a town hall by a woman who not only voted for Obama but still supports him. Her polite, but stoic protestations were a shot heard 'round the nation:

"Quite frankly," said Velma Hart, chief financial officer for a veterans organization, "I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted of defending you, of defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for -- and deeply disappointed with where we are right now.

"I have been told that I voted for a man who said he was going to change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I'm one of those people, and I'm waiting, sir."

Ms. Hart, we hate to tell you this -- but if you continue to have faith in this president's anti-business, anti-capitalist, big-government, anti-individual responsibility policies, you'll be waiting a lot longer. He has yet to admit it, and may never do so because he is an unalloyed ideologue, but his approach to the economy is an abject failure. The facts speak for themselves: the unemployment rate -- near double digits -- the millions of job losses and the failure of his massive government spending to move the needle even a bit.

For the longest time, he tried to blame his predecessor. He can't anymore, and he knows it. He's tried demonizing Republicans, even though Mr. Obama has had Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress.

Now word comes from an unlikely source -- the unabashedly liberal New York Times -- that his administration has been considering embarking on an advertising campaign trying to make the grassroots Tea Party movement the enemy du jour . The White House denied it, but the newspaper quickly stuck by its story.

How transparent; how detestable. The supposed president of hope yet again is scratching and clawing to find an enemy to blame for the state of things -- and may be willing to attack ordinary Americans for exercising their God-given rights to speak out and change the suicidal course the government has put this nation on. The people, we're led to believe, are the enemy of the people.

"If true," writes independent blogger W.E. Messamore, "the (New York Times ) report would mean a shocking confession by White House advisers that they have nothing to say about the causes of our economic turmoil, and prefer instead to redirect our attention to the alleged 'extremism' of the GOP's November candidates."

Mr. Obama is imploring voters to keep the faith -- while behind the scenes, reports indicate he may sack his economic team.

Ms. Hart, speaking to CNN, still clings to the belief that Mr. Obama is "an amazing leader."

We would simply ask her: based upon what? In defending failed policies by trying to demonize others, he has yet to demonstrate it.

Rozzie2003
Rozzie2003 09/22/10 - 02:23 pm
Mike Ryan is an Obama-addict.

Mike Ryan is an Obama-addict. He is addicted to the president.

dani
dani 09/22/10 - 07:45 am
Rozzie, Rozzie

Rozzie, Rozzie

Insider Information
Insider Information 09/21/10 - 11:31 pm
Every Obama speech contains

Every Obama speech contains the same talking points: It's Bush's fault, businesses caused the recession and green technology will save the economy.
If he says its, he keeps saying, his comrades say it too and everyone repeats the talking points ad nauseum, his hope is that people will believe him.
His assumption is that people are dumb.

Tigger__The_Tiger
Tigger__The_Tiger 09/22/10 - 03:30 am
Rozzie....what does it mean

Rozzie....what does it mean to be "addited" to the president?

carcraft
carcraft 09/22/10 - 04:34 am
Tigger-I think Rozzie was

Tigger-I think Rozzie was being funny, editorially addicted to the President...So an I. People are starting to catch on that Obama is in way over his head..I knew Obama was in over his head when Obama said he could cut world poverty in half...I knew Obama was in over his head when he said "people will remember this as the day when the oceans receded, the earth cooled....etc". Oh well buyers remorse! If people only looked at his lack of accomplishment prior to electing him President they would have realized hew is an empty suit! Obama whole economic team is now gone...Back to square one after squandering two years and $800 billion with nothing to show for it but 5 jobs in California at 5 million a piece, $800,000 genital washing program in Africa and millions to build windmills in Spain and China..

55 F-100
55 F-100 09/22/10 - 04:38 am
Exhausted that this inept yet

Exhausted that this inept yet arrogant, egotistical, teleprompter-reading empty suit, community organizer continues to spout his lies with hopes that the voters will drink his Kool-Aid again..........not gonna happen.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 09/22/10 - 05:55 am
Apparently some of you don't

Apparently some of you don't pay attention to the President's speeches. He rarely even brings up the previous administration. YOU are the ones that keep bringing the subject up. The President's policies aren't what got us into the trouble we're in now- it's been happening for a while (yes, BEFORE the previous administration).

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 09/22/10 - 06:03 am
I know I've posted this link

I know I've posted this link before, but it's the only explanation I've seen that gives "reason" to obama's apparent insanity. It's titled, "How obama Thinks".

This diversity experiment has been a horrible mistake and obama's psychosis is destroying this country. Even the far left has taken notice.
We, as a country, need to "undo" everything this sad pretender has wrought and while we're at it, there's a lot of other silly big government efforts that need to be erased. Conservative constitutionalists (of both parties) in the congress and white house for the next several political cycles will increase the odds of this country surviving.

slippery 25
slippery 25 09/22/10 - 06:30 am
Hopefully someone on his team

Hopefully someone on his team will figure out that if we cut spending we won't owe as much.

americafirst
americafirst 09/22/10 - 06:50 am
I can't beleive that even

I can't beleive that even Chris Matthews is starting to understand how this President thinks.

draksig
draksig 09/22/10 - 07:07 am
I think it is amazing that

I think it is amazing that Obama says we can't afford to borrow 700 billion to give tax cuts to the rich but has no problem borrowing over 3 trillion to give tax cuts to the rest of us.

usafvet
usafvet 09/22/10 - 08:08 am
My opinion as I have stated

My opinion as I have stated before, those who supported dumbobama as a candidate and also as he entered the presidency could easily blame their mistake on being naive, ill informed, lied to by both the candidate and the extremely left biased media and of course their undying party affiliation. Now that he has so well proven what he is and what he is not, I feel that those who yet support him are stupid and of course their undying party affiliation.

Mr.L.A.Kegbrat
Mr.L.A.Kegbrat 09/22/10 - 08:08 am
I wouldn't call Chris

Isn't this editorial almost a complete rerun of one written last week?

Hey, read the news--the recession ended after Obama took office. The high unemployment rate is a result of free market failure--businesses learned to become more efficient without unnecessary labor. Now, they're making just as much money as before without having to hire as many people.

That's not Obama's fault. That's the free market working for you.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 09/22/10 - 08:11 am
Do not believe for one second

Do not believe for one second this means a thing. These people have too much invested in their Obamessiah and their socialist religion-replacement. This is only a brief crisis of faith, and they will come roaring back with denunciations of 'right wing wackos' tearing down the country with their 'obstructionism' and 'extremist schemes.'

To do otherwise is to admit they have not only been wrong, but have been complicit in a lifetime of lying, coverups, and smears. Not gonna happen. Even today there are Cambodians who think the killing fields were done to save their nation.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 09/22/10 - 08:12 am
The economic damage done by

The economic damage done by the Bush/Cheney administration will take decades to recover from. Obama's fatal mistake is believing he can wage costly, un-winnable, endless wars and steer this country into economic recovery at the same time. This is impossible. If United States immediately stopped waging war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and elsewhere, AND brought all its troops home IMMEDIATELY, AND cut the Pentagon's budget by half or more, AND stimulated the elements essential to a sustained economy, United States would see an instantaneous rebound. Keeping on keeping on with waging war after war only mires this country deeper in red ink, spilled American blood, and lost promise.

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/22/10 - 08:15 am
"I wouldn't call Chris

"I wouldn't call Chris Matthews a liberal". You are alone on a Island with that one. I wonder if there will ever be a time when President Obama will call a news conference and say", OK, NOW I am responsible. I guess we can all hope.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 09/22/10 - 08:16 am
Grouse, where were you,

Grouse, where were you, precisely, from 2000 to 2008? You wrote, "...(N)ot afraid of criticizing their own man. It's honest and something you didn't see or hear during the last administration."

Unbelievable.

So crates
So crates 09/22/10 - 08:41 am
Chris Matthews was wrong

Chris Matthews was wrong inasmuch as we the citizens are the government and the people on capitol hill are our representatives. Through them our nation has made financial obligations which a tax cut would undermine. Either give over the obligations or the money, but this is no single party issue. I predict, too, that if government obligations are not met, the population will become unsettled. There is no simplification of this situation except to make a decision: tax or reduce obligations. There is no failed policy here, either. I was promised a tough set of years ahead. I knew that to right this ship we would all have to suffer. And we are. If you believe that a member of any party could fix this mess in a couple of years you are delusional or misinformed. Any redirectng of attention has nothing to do with a sinister plot, it is just common sense choice. We have to wait this problem out. To add words at this juncture is pointless. Better to point out the flaws in the oppositions argument than to keep telling people how bad things are. When businesses have figured out how to take advantage of the current economic environment, they will again move to exploit it. This is just how things work.

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/22/10 - 08:47 am
So crates, fix it or improve

So crates, fix it or improve it? We are seeing neither. Businesses are not investing because President Obama has openly declared war on them. They are hoarding whatever profits they have in order to prepare for the worst. Uncertainty is the problem.

GAterp
GAterp 09/22/10 - 08:53 am
I am exhausted when I work

I am exhausted when I work out for longer than I should have done it. I am not exhausted by the government. I'm not worried about the government, afraid of the government, or fearful of what is going on in the world today. I'm more optimistic about things I suppose. Why get down in the mouth, what does that ever get you as a reward? Quit whining & complaining, nobody even cares. Look around, who is really watching you and feeling sympathetic for you while you moan? Yowser!

chascush
chascush 09/22/10 - 09:02 am
Rozzie2003, 'Mike Ryan is an

Rozzie2003, 'Mike Ryan is an Obama-addit. He is addited to the president.'
Ole Mike just knows an idiot when he sees one.

grinder48
2054
grinder48 09/22/10 - 09:06 am
obama is a horrible

obama is a horrible president, period. We simply must vote him out of office in 2012

chascush
chascush 09/22/10 - 09:09 am
Mr. L A Kegbrat, ‘I wouldn't

Mr. L A Kegbrat, ‘I wouldn't call Chris Matthews a liberal--he's always seemed like a moderate nincompoop to me.’
I can believe that since you are further left than Castro most people would seem moderate. But you are in the same place as the community organizer.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/22/10 - 09:21 am
Another dud from our old pal

Another dud from our old pal Mike.This reminds me of a guy who gives woman a ring.Then he enjoy the fruits of the relationship, then when it's over he demands his ring back. Can he give the woman back what she gave him?Taxes are what we pay to live in a country with the most powerful military ever. Taxes are what we pay to drive on decent roads and interstates. Taxes are what we pay to have police and fire protection. Taxes are what we pay so our kids can go to a decent school.Imagine if everyone home schooled their kids, how long would this country remain educated.Taxes are what any civilized society pay that lets them to live without chaos.Saying it's my money is like saying my mortgage money is my money.There is always that pesky thing in the middle called a house that they sold me.

Chillen
Chillen 09/22/10 - 09:35 am
The only group of people who

The only group of people who are optimistic right now are:

1. Government employees
2. Welfare recipients
3. Socialists & Marxists
4. Union Goons

No one else could possibly approve of what is going on in Washington DC.

workedforit
workedforit 09/22/10 - 10:00 am
Well said Chillen, I could

Well said Chillen, I could not agree more. Do add the Chinese to the list as well.

yawningloudly
yawningloudly 09/22/10 - 10:01 am
ONCE AGAIN the

ONCE AGAIN the ADMINISTRATION...that is the congress and senate are the same people that controlled it while bush was in office......soooooo get off your high horses with this previous administratrion crap

yawningloudly
yawningloudly 09/22/10 - 10:05 am
most powerful military what

most powerful military what good is it when we wont let them do their job....we haventy had a true military victory since the world wars...and this war were involved in in iraq...... utter failure when the last troops leave that place the taliban is gonna swoop right in and slaughter thousands and take control.....sorry to say it but saddam kept that region stable. yeah he was a brutal murderer but thats what it takes for those animals over there...they have not one shred of consideration for human life none what so ever

yawningloudly
yawningloudly 09/22/10 - 10:05 am
most powerful military what

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 09/22/10 - 10:42 am
I'm glad to see the number of

I'm glad to see the number of fools supporting our diversity mistake is dwindling. Some are still persistent.

TANSTAAFL

Time to get back to work. Time to put personal responsibility and personal accountability back into everybody's life. Time to take this country back.

Kettle donations rise in 2014