Price on his head, no one at his back

Sheriff draws a million-dollar bounty, but no support from Obama

If a Republican president were demonizing the state of Arizona as the Obama administration has been, then the "mainstream" media would surely be wondering: Has the president helped create a climate of hatred, fear and anger that might endanger people?

Such as, oh, inspiring death threats against Arizona law enforcement officers?

They won't begin to suggest that, of course -- not with a Democrat in the Oval Office, especially one that the evidence shows the media actively tried to get elected. But no doubt emboldened by the administration's attacks on our own state of Arizona, a Mexican drug cartel has reportedly put a $1 million bounty on the head of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Arpaio, the renowned toughest sheriff in the nation, regularly gets threats -- but not this serious and credible.

"With this heightened awareness of his role in the immigration issue, we've got to take this one a little bit more seriously -- with a million-dollar contract out on him," a sheriff's spokeswoman said.

Arpaio took that high-profile role on himself, certainly. But instead of having his back, the president has stabbed him in it, criticizing every supporter of law and order in Arizona. Mr. Obama has even gone out of his way to do it -- suggesting Hispanics taking their children for ice cream might be unfairly targeted for arrest. He knows that's not true.

In not only failing to stand up for law enforcement, but actively working against it, Mr. Obama and his cohorts have isolated and denigrated the very people doing his job of defending our country.

When was the last time a president of the United States was so openly hostile to American interests?

The answer: It's unprecedented.

chascush
chascush 08/11/10 - 06:39 pm
OnyinAgs, ‘Are conservatives

OnyinAgs, ‘Are conservatives dumb because they are conservatives or are they conservative because they are dumb?’
You are not very original but I understand you are limited too what you have been trained to say.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/11/10 - 09:27 pm
Why does anyone humor this

Why does anyone humor this person? His sole purpose is to bait you into replying to his bilge, and sure enough, you are caught. Ignore him..there is a list you know....?

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/11/10 - 09:38 pm
Yes Chip, we all know how

Yes Chip, we all know how wise you are in the causes of the rise in military spending. Yep...honestly, how did you get so incredibly brilliant that you alone are able to pierce the mystic veil, and discern that the incredible rash of legislation passed by this congress, like the stimulus, bailouts, spending appropriations, health care, etc...had absolutely no effect on the deficit. Nope. It was all the military. Incredible! I suppose we should all run to your website now to get all the hot new info, right? ROTFL!

speeding
speeding 08/11/10 - 09:39 pm
Obama thinks he is driving a

Obama thinks he is driving a car and has no idea he is runing a country.

KSL
KSL 08/11/10 - 09:43 pm
Chips is not supposed to be

Chips is not supposed to be posting his website, which is why his earlier post with it on it got removed. Any time you see it, report it.

KSL
KSL 08/11/10 - 09:44 pm
Besides, there is nothing new

Besides, there is nothing new on it.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/11/10 - 09:53 pm
Will do, thanks! I was

Will do, thanks! I was unaware....great news!

backagain
backagain 08/11/10 - 10:09 pm
Most of you Commenters sound

Most of you Commenters sound as if you represent the KKK,TF,is probaly the grand wizard!!!!!!!

backagain
backagain 08/11/10 - 10:11 pm
That is,for the sake of

That is,for the sake of assumption!!!!!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/11/10 - 10:17 pm
Here is what a Liberal Dem

Here is what a Liberal Dem has to say about PBO and his administration;

David Kaiser is a respected historian whose published works have covered a broad range of topics, from European Warfare to American League Baseball. Born in 1947, the son of a diplomat, Kaiser spent his childhood in three capital cities: Washington D.C., Albany , New York , and Dakar , Senegal .. He attended Harvard University , graduating there in 1969 with a B.A. in history. He then spent several years more at Harvard, gaining a PhD in history, which he obtained in 1976. He served in the Army Reserve from 1970 to 1976.

He is a professor in the Strategy and Policy Department of the United States Naval War College . He has previously taught at Carnegie Mellon, Williams College and Harvard University . Kaiser's latest book,The Road to Dallas, about the Kennedy assassination, was just published by Harvard University Press.

Dr. David Kaiser

History Unfolding

I am a student of history. Professionally, I have written 15 books on history that have been published in six languages, and I have studied history all my life. I have come to think there is something monumentally large afoot, and I do not believe it is simply a banking crisis, or a mortgage crisis, or a credit crisis. Yes these exist, but they are merely single facets on a very large gemstone that is only now coming into a sharper focus..

Something of historic proportions is happening. I can sense it because I know how it feels, smells, what it looks like, and how people react to it. Yes, a perfect storm may be brewing, but there is something happening within our country that has been evolving for about ten to fifteen years. The pace has dramatically quickened in the past two.

We demand and then codify into law the requirement that our banks make massive loans to people we know they can never pay back? Why?

We learned just days ago that the Federal Reserve, which has little or no real oversight by anyone, has "loaned" two trillion dollars (that is $2,000,000,000,000) over the past few months, but will not tell us to whom or why or disclose the terms. That is our money. Yours and mine. And that is three times the $700 billion we all argued about so strenuously just this past September. Who has this money? Why do they have it? Why are the terms unavailable to us? Who asked for it? Who authorized it? I thought this was a government of "we the people," who loaned our powers to our elected leaders. Apparently not.

We have spent two or more decades intentionally de-industrializing our economy... Why?

We have intentionally dumbed down our schools, ignored our history, and no longer teach our founding documents, why we are exceptional, and why we are worth preserving. Students by and large cannot write, think critically, read, or articulate. Parents are not revolting, teachers are not picketing, school boards continue to back mediocrity. Why?

We have now established the precedent of protesting every close election (violently in California over a proposition that is so controversial that it simply wants marriage to remain defined as between one man and one woman. Did you ever think such a thing possible just a decade ago?) We have corrupted our sacred political process by allowing unelected judges to write laws that radically change our way of life, and then mainstream Marxist groups like ACORN and others to turn our voting system into a banana republic. To what purpose?

Now our mortgage industry is collapsing, housing prices are in free fall, major industries are failing, our banking system is on the verge of collapse, social security is nearly bankrupt, as is Medicare and our entire government. Our education system is worse than a joke (I teach college and I know precisely what I am talking about) - the list is staggering in its length, breadth, and depth.. It is potentially 1929 x ten...And we are at war with an enemy we cannot even name for fear of offending people of the same religion, who, in turn, cannot wait to slit the throats of your children if they have the opportunity to do so.

And finally, we have elected a man that no one really knows anything about, who has never run so much as a Dairy Queen, let alone a town as big as Wasilla , Alaska .. All of his associations and alliances are with real radicals in their chosen fields of employment, and everything we learn about him, drip by drip, is unsettling if not downright scary (Surely you have heard him speak about his idea to create and fund a mandatory civilian defense force stronger than our military for use inside our borders? No? Oh, of course. The media would never play that for you over and over and then demand he answer it. Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter and $150,000 wardrobe are more important.)

Mr. Obama's winning platform can be boiled down to one word: Change. Why?

I have never been so afraid for my country and for my children as I am now.

This man campaigned on bringing people together, something he has never, ever done in his professional life. In my assessment, Obama will divide us along philosophical lines, push us apart, and then try to realign the pieces into a new and different power structure. Change is indeed coming. And when it comes, you will never see the same nation again.

And that is only the beginning..

As a serious student of history, I thought I would never come to experience what the ordinary, moral German must have felt in the mid-1930s In those times, the "savior" was a former smooth-talking rabble-rouser from the streets, about whom the average German knew next to nothing. What they should have known was that he was associated with groups that shouted, shoved, and pushed around people with whom they disagreed; he edged his way onto the political stage through great oratory. Conservative "losers" read it right now.

And there were the promises. Economic times were tough, people were losing jobs, and he was a great speaker. And he smiled and frowned and waved a lot. And people, even newspapers, were afraid to speak out for fear that his "brown shirts" would bully and beat them into submission. Which they did - regularly. And then, he was duly elected to office, while a full-throttled economic crisis bloomed at hand - the Great Depression. Slowly, but surely he seized the controls of government power, person by person, department by department, bureaucracy by bureaucracy. The children of German citizens were at first, encouraged to join a Youth Movement in his name where they were taught exactly what to think. Later, they were required to do so. No Jews of course,

How did he get people on his side? He did it by promising jobs to the jobless, money to the money-less, and rewards for the military-industrial complex. He did it by indoctrinating the children, advocating gun control, health care for all, better wages, better jobs, and promising to re-instill pride once again in the country, across Europe , and across the world. He did it with a compliant media - did you know that? And he did this all in the name of justice and .... . ... change. And the people surely got what they voted for.

If you think I am exaggerating, look it up. It's all there in the history books.

So read your history books. Many people of conscience objected in 1933 and were shouted down, called names, laughed at, and ridiculed. When Winston Churchill pointed out the obvious in the late 1930s while seated in the House of Lords in England (he was not yet Prime Minister), he was booed into his seat and called a crazy troublemaker. He was right, though. And the world came to regret that he was not listened to.

Do not forget that Germany was the most educated, the most cultured country in Europe . It was full of music, art, museums, hospitals, laboratories, and universities. And yet, inless than six years(a shorter time span than just two terms of the U. S. presidency) it was rounding up its own citizens, killing others, abrogating its laws, turning children against parents, and neighbors against neighbors.. All with the best of intentions, of course.. The road to Hell is paved with them.

As a practical thinker, one not overly prone to emotional decisions, I have a choice: I can either believe what the objective pieces of evidence tell me (even if they make me cringe with disgust); I can believe what history is shouting to me from across the chasm of seven decades; or I can hope I am wrong by closing my eyes, having another latte, and ignoring what is transpiring around me..

I choose to believe the evidence. No doubt some people will scoff at me, others laugh, or think I am foolish, naive, or both. To some degree, perhaps I am. But I have never been afraid to look people in the eye and tell them exactly what I believe-and why I believe it.

I pray I am wrong. I do not think I am. Perhaps the only hope is our vote in the next elections.

David Kaiser
Jamestown , Rhode Island
United States

Chillen
Chillen 08/11/10 - 10:17 pm
backagain is onlyinags'

backagain is onlyinags' cousin or bff

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/11/10 - 10:19 pm
Notice how Chips states that

Notice how Chips states that these are the "facts," but never provides a source link? Hmmmmm! Strange at best!

Chillen
Chillen 08/11/10 - 10:31 pm
Sarge, that is a long read

Sarge, that is a long read but worth it. To those of us who are very concerned for this country and have open minds it makes perfect sense. The ones who need to read it & truly understand it will of course poo-poo it as usual.

KSL
KSL 08/11/10 - 10:37 pm
Fruit, how many lives do you

Fruit, how many lives do you have?

KSL
KSL 08/11/10 - 10:39 pm
What I wonder about is why

What I wonder about is why you keep coming back to a site you absolutely detest? Wait, are you on the payroll to get comments?

I mostly choose not to respond to your silliness. I will now resume that stance.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 08/11/10 - 10:40 pm
Agreed, Chillen, and it is

Agreed, Chillen, and it is written by one of their own!

backagain
backagain 08/11/10 - 10:42 pm
Don't know who onlyinags is

Don't know who onlyinags is but,if he is anti-ignorance he's all right with me!!!!

deportem
deportem 08/11/10 - 10:46 pm
If America was smart, we

If America was smart, we would invade Mexico. Bring all the troops back from Iraq and Afghanistan to do this. Then, the Illegal Mexicans would flock back to Mexico to defend their country. Once we whip their butts, we can "REPATRIATE" the rest of the 20-30 million that are left. Sounds like a super plan to me!

backagain
backagain 08/11/10 - 10:55 pm
Sounds Super Stupid.Triple

Sounds Super Stupid.Triple "S".

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/11/10 - 10:59 pm
Oh no, another liberal

Oh no, another liberal sniper. Just when you thought it was safe to post again..go figure...sigh

gijoe7898
gijoe7898 08/12/10 - 02:37 am
for the life of me, i cannot

for the life of me, i cannot understand how any American can mock any effort to secure our borders and enforce the Constitution. For those of you who reject that idea, go and try to infiltrate Mexico and spread your "understanding" there.

swinter05
swinter05 08/12/10 - 12:16 pm
I am so grateful that we have

I am so grateful that we have common sense ACES writing my daily newspaper. When you call things out just as they are, not what the majority wants to hear, you will be criticized always. I have always told my kids, the way you measure if you're doing the right thing, is first by reading God's word and second, if the majority is speaking out against what you're saying or doing. Keep up the good job Augusta Chronicle. Call you what they may, it doesn't change FACTS.