Price on his head, no one at his back

Sheriff draws a million-dollar bounty, but no support from Obama

If a Republican president were demonizing the state of Arizona as the Obama administration has been, then the "mainstream" media would surely be wondering: Has the president helped create a climate of hatred, fear and anger that might endanger people?

Such as, oh, inspiring death threats against Arizona law enforcement officers?

They won't begin to suggest that, of course -- not with a Democrat in the Oval Office, especially one that the evidence shows the media actively tried to get elected. But no doubt emboldened by the administration's attacks on our own state of Arizona, a Mexican drug cartel has reportedly put a $1 million bounty on the head of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Arpaio, the renowned toughest sheriff in the nation, regularly gets threats -- but not this serious and credible.

"With this heightened awareness of his role in the immigration issue, we've got to take this one a little bit more seriously -- with a million-dollar contract out on him," a sheriff's spokeswoman said.

Arpaio took that high-profile role on himself, certainly. But instead of having his back, the president has stabbed him in it, criticizing every supporter of law and order in Arizona. Mr. Obama has even gone out of his way to do it -- suggesting Hispanics taking their children for ice cream might be unfairly targeted for arrest. He knows that's not true.

In not only failing to stand up for law enforcement, but actively working against it, Mr. Obama and his cohorts have isolated and denigrated the very people doing his job of defending our country.

When was the last time a president of the United States was so openly hostile to American interests?

The answer: It's unprecedented.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/11/10 - 09:40 am
Gee chipshirley, I am so glad

Gee chipshirley, I am so glad that you offered up your daily dose of, what did you call it...oh yeah, "insane hate politics". You know...the kind that you have on your website, that you are so proud of, so much that you have to include the address in your daily rants? You know...the one with the totally laughable, and ficticious videos that you portray as being factual? You know..the hateful site that posts nothing but lame liberal lies? Yes...you know the one. It bears your name.

Chillen
Chillen 08/11/10 - 09:41 am
Thank you KSL. I wish I

Thank you KSL. I wish I could put myself on some folks ignore list. There are about 2 or 3 posters here that don't even try. lol!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/11/10 - 09:44 am
I believe Obama should

I believe Obama should enlarge his income distribution plan to helping Mexicans. Even if Obama is able to take all the money from the wealthy via taxation, it's time for all of us with homes to start sharing a room or two in our houses with those less fortunate. Just rub out the line where the border is and invite them into your homes.

I mean after the Amercian people are forced to share all their money, the agenda has to grow for us to give up part of our houses to others in the world.

In addition if you have burial plots paid for and they are just sitting there empty, you should give the plots to others who need them. Bodies in need should be moved into them. Anything left to share that I'm forgetting?

Troy Infantoy
Troy Infantoy 08/11/10 - 09:44 am
"I still remember the first

"I still remember the first severe spanking my mammy gave me. She had told me to clean up my room, then she came in to check a couple of hours later and it was still a mess. She made me drop my pants and put a real hurting on me with a hickory switch. I tried to tell her I had cleaned it up but Georgie Bush from down the street sneaked into the house and messed it up again! Anyway, she didn't believe me and switched me some more. I was so sore it hurt to CHANGE my undies for 2 weeks!"
- jackfruitpaper

You really need some new material. Where is your CHANGE?

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/11/10 - 09:46 am
Obviously, from all

Obviously, from all indications, "He, who shall not be named", is posting his racist bilge again. He is on my ignore list, and it seems to be working fine. I suggest everyone add him as well, because there are just some folks so steeped in hate that they are beyond help. He is one of those.

chascush
chascush 08/11/10 - 09:50 am
Hey folks read the article in

Hey folks read the article in today’s paper ‘Fed shifts, will buy U.S. debt’

This is a slippery slope to hell when you try to buy your own debt. WE WILL BE a 3rd world country if we don’t get these idiots out of office.
A community organizer does not know how to run a country.
But the problem is more;
The following is an article from the Czech Republic newspaper Prager Zeitung on April 28, 2010 that zeros in on the really serious problem in this country. A very good article that really sums up the problem.
‘The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
“The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.”
The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him president.’

Mr.L.A.Kegbrat
Mr.L.A.Kegbrat 08/11/10 - 09:52 am
Chillen, Most of what you

Chillen,

Most of what you list is already being done--to no avail. I'm sure the Mexican president already knows a drug cartel's bounty on a U.S. sheriff is unacceptable. It's not like he can do anything about it either.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/11/10 - 10:08 am
Kudos, AC staff, for once

Kudos, AC staff, for once again pointing out the abysmal lack of leadership displayed by this POTUS. He has indeed fanned the flames of ethnic hatred, mistrust and fear, along our southern border states, and absolutely put the lives of our Border Patrol and LE agencies in even greater danger. IE: What if he had said, instead of LEOs, that he doubted the abilities of our soldiers on the ground to be able to properly follow the rules of engagement in Afghanistan? What if, instead of AZ, he had suggested that if an Afghan father took his little girl out for ice cream, they could be in danger of being shot by our forces? Think that might put our soldier's lives in even greater danger? Absolutely! The same thing here, now the battles on our borders are with the drug cartels, potential terrorists and human slave trafficers and not the lone illegals just looking for work. The death threats against the courageous sheriff, Joe Arpaio, is indeed credible and the danger to all other LEOs in our border states has been heightened by the casual disregard for their safety displayed by this POTUS. The usual assortments of apologists, spin doctors, and liberal cranks have all assaulted this column, which imho, is spot on and an accurate assessment of the elevated danger as he has emboldened those that would do harm to America. The death threats are real, and have been picked up in emails, by radio chatter, and from informants. Anyone that thinks this is much ado about nothing should remember the dead rancher in AZ, who stood in the way of these illegals and drug cartels, and stop trying to spin away the real danger our LEOs face every day, that has now been made even worse by this POTUS.

chipshirley
chipshirley 08/11/10 - 10:13 am
TheFederalist You have proven

TheFederalist

You have proven my point precisely!

You find it absurd that I read conservative publications! Yet I am very proud to be an honest openminded patriotic American who takes in all views! That is clearly not your philosophy.

My bio' says that I am an essayist and comedian. No one on the planet earth doesn't realize my Broun video is a parody...Nothing dishonest there AND the facts in my essay "Tax Facts for Hannitized Ditto-Heads" are absolutely irrefutable!
chipshirley.com

FaceTheMusic
FaceTheMusic 08/11/10 - 10:22 am
Onlyin - You are basically

Onlyin - You are basically correct in what you say. Republicans are caught in a "Catch 22" with the immigration issue. They would like to take the hard-line approach and "throw them all out," but they have two problems: (1) As the fastest-growing minority group in the country, Hispanics represent a tremendous number of future voters. If Republicans don't go along with some type of amnesty provision in immigration reform, they lose Hispanic votes for the next generation. Since Republicans have alienated all other minority groups in the country (i.e. women, gays, African Americans), they don't want to lose the Hispanic vote. With every election, the Republican party becomes more and more the party of old, white, straight men. This is why the immigration plan that Baby Bush proposed contained an amnesty provision and why such luminaries as John McCain and Saxby Chambliss at first supported it; the blow-back from the wing-nuts, however, sent them running for the hills. If they do support an amnesty provision, they lose the wing-nut vote, (2) We need some type of national ID card so that a worker's status can be easily checked. However, big business doesn't want this because they want to be able to use the cheap labor provided by Hispanics. As big business is the backbone of the Republican party, Republicans can't support this idea either. So, the Republican party is caught, and why when President Obama tried to get immigration reform this year, Republicans had a fit about it and didn't want the issue even discussed. And I have another little prediction: You won't see the Republicans want to have this issue come up in the future, either.

chipshirley
chipshirley 08/11/10 - 10:31 am
The silliest thing abut this

The silliest thing abut this story is that anybody knows Arpaio, like many public officials, including the president, gets death threats a lot.

For Obama to speak out publicly in his defense would only make Arpaio an even bigger target!

This column is pure mindless mudslinging!

This is the day after Obama sent almost a Billion more dollars to seal the border!!!!

This paper doesn't report fairly.

GO_BAMA_2010_ROLL_TIDE
GO_BAMA_2010_ROLL_TIDE 08/11/10 - 10:50 am
"absolutely irrefutable!" Try

"absolutely irrefutable!" Try this on for size there Chip. The 90% and 94% tax you speak of on your website was actually an "excess profits tax" and was not paid on the entire amount of profits a company made; but, was paid on "excess profits" as the name implies. The excess profits tax, a predominantly wartime fiscal instrument, was designed primarily to capture wartime profits that exceeded normal peacetime profits.

Your reporting on your website, which is garbage I might add, is incomplete and misleading at best.

chascush
chascush 08/11/10 - 11:05 am
Chillen, ‘onlyin, you are on

Chillen, ‘onlyin, you are on my ignore list because you are like a broken record and I never see anything new from you.’
Onlyin is a victim of what has been taught in black communities and black churches by black leaders and DUMocrats for years. That is all he knows so take it easy on him.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/11/10 - 11:15 am
If everyone should know that

If everyone should know that your video is a, "parody", then why is it not labeled as such Chip? Further, stop putting words in my mouth. Please show me the quote where I said, "You find it absurd that I read conservative publications!"? Didn't happen. All I said that if you come here and read this papers conservative opinions, then don't expect that somehow they should be supportive of your deluded liberal notions. Far different from your laughable retort. Is that really the best you can do? How about you stay up on the porch ok? You obviously are not ready to run with those whose post's display some semblance of objective credible merit, or real solutions, as yours are just the same old liberal rhetoric that makes no contributions to the discussions, and much like the POTUS that you love so much, simply has no use except to slander the opinions of others. Pathetic.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/11/10 - 11:22 am
Chip! Stop spinning...please.

Chip! Stop spinning...please. Does this sound like a, "Billion dollars"!?? The bill signed by the president includes $176 million for 1,000 new border patrol agents to form a strike force to be deployed at critical areas, $89 million for an additional 500 customs and immigration personnel, and $32 million to deploy unmanned aerial vehicles or drones. It also provides $196 million for the Justice Department to bolster its forces of U.S. marshals and FBI, DEA and ATF agents along the border. Your pathetic inability to count is just about the same as your dearly beloved POTUS!

Chillen
Chillen 08/11/10 - 11:37 am
facethemusic. "Republicans

facethemusic. "Republicans have alienated all other minority groups in the country (i.e. women, gays, African Americans)"

P.S. i didnt' realize that women were a minority group. Please explain.

corgimom
corgimom 08/11/10 - 11:43 am
Hey, ACES- Obama has nothing

Hey, ACES- Obama has nothing to do with the Mexican drug cartel putting a $1 million bounty on Sheriff Arpaio.

And if you think it's limited to just him, call up a California prison warden. See what they have to say. Ask if it happened during Republican administrations, too.

This isn't anything new, and it's not limited to Arizona, and it's not the fault of Obama.

This is NOT one of your better editorials. This is cringe-worthy. You can do far better than this.

An editorial like this just destroys your credibility. Please do better, I know you can.

corgimom
corgimom 08/11/10 - 11:46 am
"Please do tell us exactly

"Please do tell us exactly how these entire groups have been alienated. I'm interested in your response because I know many republican women and many black republicans also."

Chillen, while there are women Republicans and black Republicans, they are not nearly as many as there are women Democrats and black Democrats, which is why Obama is President. The Democratic Party knows this, and uses it to their advantage.

This is especially true in Northern states, and states with high Electoral College votes.

Dem's the facts, that's just the way it is.

Chillen
Chillen 08/11/10 - 12:02 pm
corgi. You are right but the

corgi. You are right but the entire groups have not been alienated as the previous poster suggested. That was ludacris and I'd still like to hear the response from the person who said it.

Group who gravitate toward "safety" almost always vote democrat because they give away more government goodies & entitlements to pander for their votes. Blacks & women definitely fit that category. Gays, anti-war, environmentalists etc stay democrat because they pander to their "cause". That's quite a mixture of folks.

Chillen
Chillen 08/11/10 - 12:11 pm
27% of women identify

27% of women identify themselves are republican
41% as democrat
29% independent

only 14% separates the dem vs rep groups. I would hardly call that one group being alienated and it is also not a landslide of support for one group over another (but what is a landslide is the latest obama poll--down to 43% approval from 69% when he took over lol!).

Independents are the ones who helped obama & the dems in 2008. Many won't make the same mistake again. Just took at the polls.

montega12
montega12 08/11/10 - 12:30 pm
well if its a million dollar

well if its a million dollar bounty if its legit he will be dead in a week

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 08/11/10 - 12:31 pm
Chillen Wednesday, Aug. 11

Chillen Wednesday, Aug. 11 9:25 AM "What exactly is the president supposed to do?"

1. Build the fence
2. Enforce the border
3. Kick out all the illegal criminals
4. Go after employers who hire them (hefty fines then jail time for repeat offenders)
5. Support, not attack, law enforcement's efforts and state's efforts to control the problem
6. Go after sanctuary cities who contradict federal law, not states who support and want to enforce federal law
7. Contact the Mexican Govt & tell them that a bounty on the head of a US Citizen is not acceptable and that they need to get their cartels under control. At least make an effort for Heaven's sake!
8. Repeal the anchor baby law
9. Support the refusal of ANY federal or state benefits to these criminals. No school, no food stamps, no welfare, no healthcare. Nothing.
10. Declare English as our official language and stop making duplicate federal forms in spanish.

Does that answer the question?
-------------------------------
Unfortunately none of the past few presidents nor either party in control of Congress has had the stones to do any of that and expecting either of them to suddenly begin doing any of those things is the definition of insanity.

Chillen
Chillen 08/11/10 - 12:54 pm
Baron. I refer you to my

Baron. I refer you to my 9:34 for my full response..... just because previous presidents haven't done anything doesn't mean that this one should not. Times have changed.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 08/11/10 - 12:59 pm
chascush Wednesday, Aug. 11

chascush Wednesday, Aug. 11 9:50 AM Hey folks read the article in today’s paper ‘Fed shifts, will buy U.S. debt’
----------------------------------
You do realize that the Fed remains intact regardless of which brand of idiots you want to put into office don't you? The Fed is just doing more of the same that it did under the previous president which appointed this current chairman of the Fed.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 08/11/10 - 01:03 pm
But Chillen the politics of

But Chillen the politics of the issue haven't changed so how can you expect the policies to change. I'm most certainly not justifying the lack of action by the previous president's lack of action either.

concernednative
concernednative 08/11/10 - 01:31 pm
Yes, I can see Obama holding

Yes, I can see Obama holding a press conference to address the mexican drug cartel. The ACES is a joke.

Chillen
Chillen 08/11/10 - 01:34 pm
I'm just dreaming Baron, just

I'm just dreaming Baron, just dreaming & hoping. I don't expect the policies to change either but it should be done and should have been done years ago.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 08/11/10 - 01:41 pm
obama "remembers" back when

obama "remembers" back when he valiantly served his country. In Kenya, they often kill their police. Watch your back, Sheriff Joe and your front, for that matter.

Rhetor
Rhetor 08/11/10 - 01:42 pm
An irresponsible editorial.

An irresponsible editorial. Obama has not bashed Arizona, although he has insisted that the AZ government conduct its business legally. Obama has, in case you aren't reading the news (!?), deported record numbers of illegal immigrants.

Rhetor
Rhetor 08/11/10 - 01:43 pm
PS aren't you also concerned

PS aren't you also concerned about the death threats against the federal judge? Maybe all of the hotheaded nonsense needs to calm down, starting with editorials like this one.