Rick McKee Editorial Cartoon

jimmymac
jimmymac 06/21/14 - 08:48 am
RICK

You nailed it. Government overreach at it's finest.

Darby
Darby 06/21/14 - 10:06 am
Yeah, we'll be keeping

an "eye" on that spud.

IBeDogGone
IBeDogGone 06/21/14 - 10:31 am
Mashing

They are trying to Mash those Redskins also.

Darby
Darby 06/21/14 - 10:51 am
I'm not seeing any hair up top...

I'm betting that Harry Reid has already "scalloped" the poor guy.

Those liberals are the real savages.

Note: Look what you've started Rick!

burninater
burninater 06/21/14 - 02:29 pm
Gosh, you learn something new

Gosh, you learn something new every day.

I had no idea "Irish" and "new" were racial epithets equivalent to "n*****".

KSL
KSL 06/21/14 - 04:04 pm
Burn

What has your comment have to do with this cartoon?

burninater
burninater 06/21/14 - 05:00 pm
KSL?The cartoon shows three

KSL?

The cartoon shows three potatoes: a "new", an "Irish", and a "Redskin".

The "Irish" tells the "new" they should be grateful they aren't the "Redskin", as if there is some kind of equivalency for "Irish", "new" and "Redskin".

There isn't. The first two are non-racially-derogatory adjectives. The latter is a racial slur.

IBeDogGone
IBeDogGone 06/21/14 - 05:14 pm
Since we are on Taters

Do you know how to tell the female potato from the male potato? Turn them over and the female has I DA HO! on her bottom.

KSL
KSL 06/21/14 - 08:40 pm
Burn

But you brought up a totally different word. I thought it rather childish.

Darby
Darby 06/21/14 - 09:13 pm
KSL - "But you brought up a totally different word.

I thought it rather childish."

Well, so did I (Maybe not childish, but certainly insincere.) but for a different reason. Burn, in this case, has over-analyzed the subject in order to reach a point.

Kind of like the way global warming fanatics start with a conclusion and then arrange their facts and findings to meet and satisfy that end.

burninater
burninater 06/21/14 - 11:55 pm
"But you brought up a totally

"But you brought up a totally different word. I thought it rather childish."
-------
If you thought it childish, KSL, then you are under the incorrect impression that the two words have different racial connotations.

That's the issue -- folks think it's a harmless word, just like they thought "n*****" was a harmless word. Racial epithets aren't harmless words -- whatever you may personally think about a given word.

Darby
Darby 06/22/14 - 04:45 pm
"That's the issue -- folks think it's a harmless

word, just like they thought "n*****" was a harmless word."

And with that, Burn has stumbled and swerved into the truth. And the truth is "n*****" IS A HARMLESS WORD. When used academically or intellectually in order to educate and inform, it's nothing more than any other word comprised of six letters of the alphabet.

It's only harmful when used to deliberately hurt or insult another.

In our Orwellian and contrived world, even the intellectual use of the word carries with it the threat of loss of status, income and security. It's use (or outlawed state thereof) has become a means of control. Just one more tool used by the privileged political power brokers to control communication.

For example, if it were not for the fact that I'd like to get my message out in this post, I would use it here. I might say to you that, as a small child growing up in Sumter, South Carolina, my mother told me in no uncertain terms that if she ever heard me or my brother use the word (you fill in the blank) in a derogatory manner toward any "colored person" she would "tan our hides". (That example would be an uplifting and informative use of the "dreaded" word, as well as confirmation that not all southerners are or were racist and bigots.) But not permitted by the fear mongers.

The Chronicle, as with just about any other publication is so frightened of that harmless word or the consequences of even it's most benign use, that they won't permit it even to educate or inform.

So I didn't use it. And thus my message won't carry nearly as much weight. Only a few will truly understand my meaning.

It's just indicator of the unenlightened world we are forced to live in.

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...