Rick McKee Editorial Cartoon

gaflyboy
gaflyboy 07/10/13 - 07:37 am
You got that right!

If this keeps up, I'm going to start planting coffee beans and bananas.

Darby
Darby 07/10/13 - 10:39 am
"If this keeps up, I'm going to start planting

coffee beans and bananas."

Not all that certain, but suspect neither crop would do all that well under water.

Maybe you should try rice, or cranberries. Maybe convert the old homestead into a trout farm.

Or you could rent out space for boat slips.

Yeah, boat slips. That's what I'm thinking. I've just about given up on that ark I've been trying to build.

gaflyboy
gaflyboy 07/10/13 - 01:50 pm
Unlike the cartoon,

my north 40 is not completely underwater, but is taking on the characteristics of a tropical rain forest.

I was also thinking that while this change in weather is temporary, that may not be so with our Republic.

(Did I just shamelessly inject politics into this? Yes, I did.)

Darby
Darby 07/10/13 - 03:50 pm
"(Did I just shamelessly inject politics into

this? Yes, I did.)"

Yes, you certainly did, and I'm so proud of you!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!

The above quote is often attributed to Thomas Jefferson. No one seems to know who said it first.

The important thing is that we should never allow anyone to say it last.

gaflyboy
gaflyboy 07/10/13 - 10:24 pm
Touché

While I'm sure you got the essence of my comments ... for others and the uninitiated, I mentioned bananas and Republic. Get it? Bananas and ... oh, never mind.

Really strayed on this one Rick, sorry.

Darby
Darby 07/10/13 - 11:54 pm
"Really strayed on this one Rick, sorry."

While Rick can and does speak for himself, I get the feeling that he appreciates the fact that you get his message.

But then subtlety is not his forte. Even I usually have no trouble getting the point.