Rick McKee Editorial Cartoon

Is he a ...

... VICTIM?!

bdittle
bdittle 09/20/12 - 08:06 am
Broad brush

Rick, the current number is 46% and includes:
28% payroll taxpayers who don't earn enough to pay income tax.
10% are the elderly
1% are 'others' including some military

So the 'freeloaders' you complain about really comes down to 7%. Reminder that Mitt's father was on government assistance for several years... but you know all this. You are just contributing your part of the propaganda.

longleafpine
longleafpine 09/20/12 - 10:42 am
Misunderstood

Broadbrush, I think you missed Rick's point entirely!

Angie H
Angie H 09/20/12 - 12:55 pm
bdittle...are you saying the

bdittle...are you saying the military doesn't pay taxes?

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 09/20/12 - 05:15 pm
Part of that 47%

that don't pay taxes, are on Disability or retired on investments of Tax free Bonds.

The 20% to 25% of the 47% that ticks me off, are those that sit around and DEMAND MORE for doing NOTHING in return.

Any one in avg. health should be off the free for doing nothing dole, and place on some kind of county / state Workfare program that demands something of them. I don't if its community litter patrol. Something.

But since our current president rendered by his royal decree that work was no longer required for free dole, I guess our only hope of sanity is a change in leadership at the polls.

fedex227
fedex227 09/20/12 - 09:26 pm
Angie H ... yes I think that is exactly

what bdittle is implying. In fact it's no secret, unless you've never been in the military that many members would sync deployments and tdy's overseas with their reenlistment dates. Hey, if they offered me $60,000 to reenlist and i could collect it all tax-free, i might have been tempted as well.

Angie H
Angie H 09/27/12 - 08:30 am
I never called you a moocher.

I never called you a moocher. Please stop slandering me RA.