Rick McKee editorial cartoon

jwarner6
jwarner6 04/19/12 - 06:21 am
When it is not your money,

When it is not your money, you can be more extravagant with it.

jic
jic 04/19/12 - 08:53 am
considering the number of

considering the number of "federal workers" employed in the csra you would think the Chronicle/McKee would have a better idea of what "partying down" with tax dollars means. I suppose technically, crooked politicians are also federal workers and fit the bill, unlike your typical nurse at the VA or soldier at Fort Gordon. What a disgusting and condescending cartoon directed unfairly at so many underpaid but dedicated civil servants. Keep up the hate and misinformation folks. That's called propaganda. What you do best.

Jane18
Jane18 04/19/12 - 09:35 am
jic, I think everyone knows

jic, I think everyone knows "who" the cartoon is depicting.

jic
jic 04/19/12 - 10:36 am
read into it all you like but

read into it all you like but it states pretty clearly, "federal worker."

jic
jic 04/19/12 - 10:37 am
scapegoating is as old as

scapegoating is as old as prostitution.

Rick McKee
Rick McKee 04/19/12 - 10:56 am
Funny you should mention

Funny you should mention prostitution. Those federal workers who have been busted recently partying with and wasting taxpayer money know who they are. Those who haven't shouldn't be offended.

smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 04/19/12 - 11:54 am
Rick...not only an excellent

Rick...not only an excellent cartoon but excellent comeback as well! Keep up the good work.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/19/12 - 12:45 pm
I said that when Clyde Wells

I said that when Clyde Wells retired he was irreplaceable. I was wrong. Keep up the great work Rick.

Rick McKee

Rick McKee 04/19/12 - 01:54 pm
Aw, thanks, Roadkill!

Aw, thanks, Roadkill!

World Gone Crazy
World Gone Crazy 04/19/12 - 02:50 pm
Is this Obama's "Scandal

Is this Obama's "Scandal Spring?" He is a throwback to the 70's - the ethics of Nixon combined with the incompetence of Carter.

jic
jic 04/19/12 - 04:39 pm
If you have a gripe about a

If you have a gripe about a few people in Las Vegas then make it clear rather than demonizing an entire workforce. They, and their expenses may have been a poor example, easy to politicize, but small potatoes compared to the size, quality and dignity of the "federal workforce." I'm a vet and a federal retiree and I was offended. If you think that's funny, I'm doubly offended.

justthefacts
justthefacts 04/19/12 - 04:48 pm
"a few people in Las Vegas"?

"a few people in Las Vegas"? That's the tip of the iceburg. Funny cartoon.

john
john 04/19/12 - 04:55 pm
next you will be calling it

next you will be calling it hate speech. lighten up francis.

jic
jic 04/19/12 - 05:51 pm
very funny

very funny

World Gone Crazy
World Gone Crazy 04/19/12 - 06:34 pm
The phrase "I am offended" is

The phrase "I am offended" is the latest in a long line of far-left strategies to stifle free speech, and it is failing precisely because anyone can say it about anything. (Although it is liberals who say it about every issue on which they lose the intellectual debate - meaning every issue.) There is no right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution to "not be offended." :-)

eagle
eagle 04/19/12 - 09:10 pm
Personally, I liked the

Personally, I liked the cartoon. It hit the nail on the head. I'm just offended that I wasn't invited!!

smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 04/19/12 - 09:25 pm
Have to agree with RKs

Have to agree with RKs comment 'bout Clyde Wells/Rick McKee. I resisted signing up here for a long time, but missed Rant/Raves and Ricks cartoons too much and finally caved. Only come home 4-5 times a year so it's nice to be able to keep a pulse on what's going on back home.

smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 04/19/12 - 09:27 pm
And jic... thank you for your

And jic... thank you for your service but seriously lighten up. We know this wasn't aimed @ all federal employees.

grammamil
grammamil 04/19/12 - 09:39 pm
To Rick, John and those of

To Rick, John and those of you on the "rite," it's only "hate speech" when we Liberals use it. When you on other side use it, you call it "free speech." My memory is just fine and I recall the "no free speech zones" during the previous administration and anyone who express an alternative opinion on any subject was called both, "un-American and a traitor."
It appears the double standard is still in play.