Rick McKee Editorial Cartoon

blues550
blues550 01/23/12 - 08:19 am
Billy has spoken, Rick drew.

Billy has spoken, Rick drew.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/23/12 - 08:49 am
Nope.....they don't give

Nope.....they don't give up.....we will love the bb park....you will see....choke-choke....can I have some water with that cramming..

PhiloPublius
PhiloPublius 01/23/12 - 12:48 pm
Chalk up Rick McKee as

Chalk up Rick McKee as another Good 'ol boy that doesn't understand the value of city beautification and downtown revival.

Wow, I've never lived in another city this far behind the times in my life!

GeezeLouise
GeezeLouise 01/23/12 - 04:52 pm
far behind the times? How

far behind the times? How about just tired of having another taxpayer boondoggle on the riverfront. I mean the track record is just so successful isn't it. Each one has been a failure. If its a great idea, let the private sector pay for it 100%. People would not have a problem with that. BUt we do have a problem wasting millions of tax dollars on another "get rich quick scheme" when the city is broke.

Rick McKee
Rick McKee 01/24/12 - 12:26 pm
I'm all for city

I'm all for city beautification and downtown revival. I'm just not convinced that a taxpayer-subsidized baseball stadium should be a part of that equation.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/24/12 - 12:35 pm
Thanks, Rick. I agree. That

Thanks, Rick. I agree. That quote in the cartoon is a paraphrase of something Fred (What, me worry?) Russell actually said, as reported by ace reporter Susan McCord!

GeezeLouise
GeezeLouise 01/24/12 - 02:09 pm
Thank you Rick. And I'm not

Thank you Rick. And I'm not against a downtown ballpark, provided it is paid for 100% by private investors.

Rick McKee