You got that right.
Ha! You should draw one up where a stereotypical gun-loving-toting republican is sitting in a chair, watching tv about all recent mass shootings, only to be shocked in the last panel that some people suggest that the high capacity weapons used in most of them are not always used for sport, and perhaps some limits on who can buy and own weapons should be looked at. I would also chuckle at that.
I have lived in Evans for over 20 years and I am appalled that a cartoon like this would be in our papers. Yes, I am an American, Muslim citizen and I cannot grasp the idea that the Augusta Chronicle would be supportive of such a cartoon. There are so many Muslims who live in the CSRA who are VERY supportive and loyal citizens who were indeed affected and hurt by these heinous crimes! I am deeply saddened that after years of community service, donating, and contributing like any other hardworking American, someone could group ALL Muslims into such an ignorant stereotype! Rick McKee, you have probably run into me around town at some point; however, since I don't fit your description of ALL Muslims, I guess you never would have known I was a Muslim. It is so hard to understand why you would try to plant such hate into the hearts of my friends and neighbors. Do you even know a Muslim in Augusta? I feel like if you did you would have no place in your heart to draw such a mean-spirited cartoon. I hope you one day meet ANY of my Muslim friends because I know you will be pleasantly surprised. We are your loving, caring, and educated neighbors who want the best for America just as much as you do. Please educate yourself and get to know us because I do not know ONE Muslim person who fits the description you drew. I hope the best for you, but I do think it is important for you to be a little more locally involved so you can understand why what you drew is so obnoxious.
Shameful, Augusta Chronicle. No excuse. What a disappointing stereotype. I can't believe this was published.
I am thoroughly disgusted at this cartoon. I have lived in Augusta for 25 years and have done my best to support those who have been affected by those heinous acts. If you, Rick McKee and all others at Augusta Chronicle, believe that is what Muslims are like, then you must not have ever met one. Please take a few moments to step out of your comfort zone and educate yourself. I am repulsed at the thought that the Augusta Chronicle thought this cartoon was appropriate.
I am truly disappointed in the AC today.
This cartoon is a real good illustration. I’m seen most protests about it than I did after any of the radical Islamic terror attacks.
The truth hurts. Political correctness is killing us. Literally.
Do you remember?
1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40.
2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics , athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
8. In 1988 , Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim male extremists between the of 17 and 40.
12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40.
14. On November 5th, 2009 at Fort Hood, TX 13 people were gunned down and 29 others injured by a Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40.
See a pattern here? Anyways, its just a political cartoon. Deal with it.
Muslims cut Rick and the AC down for noticing all the massacres the Terrorist have performed yet not one word of condemnation of these terrorist??? That speaks more than words to U.S...
Muslims are condemning U.S. for noticing the bloodshed but do not condemn the terrorist blood-shedders.
This is THE TELL that tells the TRUTH about why terrorist think the nation of Islam supports them. Why? Cause the nation of Islam does NOT condemned THEM, they condemn U.S., that's why.
Condemnation from Muslims directed at Muslims for acts of terror must be deafening, 'cause I can't hear any of them.
I find it truly ironic that with all of the stereotypical portrayals of Christians and Jews in the media; the Bible-toting maniacs out to kill in the name of Christ, axe-wielding Bible thumpers killing innocent teens out for a joy ride through the country, church women gossiping and ruining the lives of others, crooked money-grubbing Jews out to steal your last cent, that Muslims find themselves finally drawn into (no pun intended) the same boat as the rest of us and rise up screaming that it's not fair and should be condemned.
Why should your religion be treated any different than any other religion?
If Allah is that upset that some cartoonist is drawing pictures of Muslims, then let Allah take care of it; without some radical threatening to kill the cartoonist for exercising his or her right to draw something that might or might not denigrate Islam.
It seems obvious that Jehovah is more concerned about reaching out to these people, than punishing them for what they draw or film about Him or His peoples.
If you, muslims would condem the people that terrorize, intead of praising them, maybe the rest of us would feel sorry for you. But you all seem to think you are better then everyone else. So deal with cartoons such as this. When you all realize we are one people living together, this world will be a better place.
Here's an example of media bias against Christianity, headline at Fox News: "Sex Toys, Restraints, Bible Among Evidence in Texas Kidnapping Case"
"Nearly a dozen guns and rifles, handcuffs, set toys and pornographic videos, a bible and several locks were taken from the home."
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many homes in the USA have Bibles in them? Mind, if it has the blood of his victim on it, then it's evidence, but just to find it there?
Sorry if my last comment double posts. I got a "Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval." response to it and didn't see the warning at the top of the page before I tried to post it the second time.
This should not be treated as a joke. There are many innocent people who are involved here. And stereotyping is unacceptable.
The Augusta Chronicle ©2015. All Rights Reserved.