Rick McKee Editorial Cartoon

Editorial cartoon for Sunday, October 3, 2010
usafvet
usafvet 10/03/10 - 09:55 am
Apparently this horse is only

Apparently this horse is only sleeping. The fate of Augusta is so dim because The government of Augusta is still trying to ride "dead horses". Another good one Rick. When we do get something that is beneficial to the city, seems we can't keep it. I personally do not support anything in downtown Augusta because I value my life. I also feel that trying to resurrect Augusta is like trying to revive a "dead" horse. Arenas, Halls, Ball fields or any entertainment venues that Augusta wants to succeed must be outside the "old" city. Too many democrats.

usafvet
usafvet 10/03/10 - 09:04 pm
Could be an egg under the

Could be an egg under the horse, which would make it a very rare horse, but only if the horse laid the egg, and even then the horse could be lying, which is a moot point because the jest was Augusta, not the sleeping horse or is the horse really asleep? Maybe the horse is playin "possum" which would be an entirely different story which is sometimes referred to as "a horse of a different color", which brings us back to what Rick was trying to get across all the while, I think.

usafvet
usafvet 10/03/10 - 09:06 pm
Grouse, I don't really know

Grouse, I don't really know why, but your post just doesn't make sense. Got it?

KSL
KSL 10/03/10 - 09:34 pm
LOL, usafvet.

LOL, usafvet.

humbleopinion
humbleopinion 10/03/10 - 11:10 pm
Of course usafvet must have

Of course usafvet must have gone to Georgia public schools. Otherwise he would know that it should be "lie there" and not "lay there". Also, if truly a USAF veteran he would know that USAF needs to be capitalized.

usafvet
usafvet 10/03/10 - 11:39 pm
Did go to public schools in

Did go to public schools in Georgia. Do know the difference between lay and lie. If you were perceptive at all, you would have gathered that from my post. Am truly a USAF veteran, however if you were an astute observer you would notice many sign on names are lower case. If there is anything else you would like to know about me, click on my avatar. Follow me a little longer and you will know that I am very good at grammar, the English language, spelling, punctuation and other knowledge that allowed me to be not only in the Beta club in high school, but serve as the president of that group. Thank you for attempting to further educate me and I hope you have a wonderful night. And that sir is not my humble opinion, it is fact.

Indigo
Indigo 10/04/10 - 08:05 am
I bet Billy Morris is ticked!

I bet Billy Morris is ticked!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/04/10 - 08:25 am
Don't mess with the

Don't mess with the vet....I'll just let that lie there for awhile , while I lay some tracks..LOL LOL
Love ya vet!!

usafvet
usafvet 10/04/10 - 09:32 am
And my new found

And my new found friend.....it is good to be good at something, isn"t it? Bet you can't take that one "setting" down.

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/04/10 - 09:37 am
Stop it...ya'll are keeeling

Stop it...ya'll are keeeling me.....lol lol

burninater
burninater 10/04/10 - 05:19 pm
Don't worry usafvet, I won't

Don't worry usafvet, I won't let any of my Navy flier buddies know that a USAF vet is afraid of downtown Augusta ;)

Don't need to give them any more ammo if you know what I mean ...

usafvet
usafvet 10/04/10 - 08:49 pm
Thanks burninater, Countyman

Thanks burninater, Countyman says it is safe, but I have reason to believe that he is not always totally honest. Honest.

burninater
burninater 10/05/10 - 10:42 am
I can't speak for Countyman,

I can't speak for Countyman, but I live just over the river on the North Augusta side and Broad Street is my goto for food, drink, shows, etc.

I've never had any problems, and I've never seen anyone else have any problems. Given the volume of traffic, I suspect driving around Evans is far more dangerous than walking around Broad Street.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/05/10 - 10:50 am
Burninator, it cannot be true

Burninator, it cannot be true that you have never had any problems on Broad Street. Why, DDA executive director Margaret Woodard says the parking problem on Broad Street is so bad that the city must provide her with deputy police officers and clerks so that the DDA can clean up the parking problem mess.

burninater
burninater 10/05/10 - 11:17 am
I'm a walker, LL. Parking

I'm a walker, LL. Parking four blocks away from my destination is never a problem. I love the opportunity for a stroll, and the Broad Street area is a great location for it. So for me, actually, it CAN be true -- but I think for Margaret Woodard, the challenge is to figure out how to entice the chubby majority away from their sacred drive thrus ...

edit: But on that note, there are -- at least at ground level -- quite a few vacant buildings right on Broad. How about they start with a parking garage rather than a baseball stadium? The little lady and I stopped into Asheville after camping up at Pisgah and their dense commercial/shopping district supports WAY more foot traffic and $$ with just one or two parking garages ...

Grad rates show improvement by local school systems

Graduation rates in both Richmond and Columbia counties followed the statewide trend of slow and steady increases in 2014, although progress in individual schools varied greatly.