Rick McKee Editorial Cartoon

Editorial cartoon for Sunday, August 1, 2010
chascush
chascush 08/01/10 - 08:21 am
I sure hope old Charlie stays

I sure hope old Charlie stays around and keeps stirring the excrement, the more you stir the more it smells. Maxine the socialist will all so be stirring. Hey, they didn’t do anything wrong after all they are DUMocrats.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 08/01/10 - 08:31 am
Yeah, the press would be

Yeah, the press would be hounding the GOP if these were Republicans...but since it's the other way around, it's poor old lovable Charlie, and nothing but silence on poor old Maxine. Incredible, the double standard. I hope both trials are in progress in October, just before the election....as it will be hilarious to see the way the press spins the situations. My guess is that some deals will finally be struck that will allow both to remain in congress....and that would mean that the swamp has not only grown larger, but deeper as well.

southernguy08
southernguy08 08/01/10 - 08:43 am
I hope the voters will "drain

I hope the voters will "drain the swamp" in November by VOTING OUT NANCY PELOSI!!

usafvet
usafvet 08/01/10 - 02:07 pm
At least we can't say, "he

At least we can't say, "he didn't live up to the standards of his party".

chascush
chascush 08/02/10 - 08:32 am
OnlyinAgs, “Rick see how

OnlyinAgs, “Rick see how ONESIDE you are LOL."
Of course you are right we all know the DUMocrats would not be saying a word if this was repub. Do you know the definition of hypocrite?

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 08/02/10 - 09:06 am
It's still very clever and

It's still very clever and funny. And as this is a conservative newspaper, it's appropriate. Go read WaPo or the Gray Lady if you don't like it. You'll have plenty of comrades at either site.

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 08/02/10 - 09:28 am
Awww, poor OIA. Life is just

Awww, poor OIA. Life is just so tough, being stuck with the Chronicle.

Of course, you know you have our deepest sympathy. Really.

KSL
KSL 08/02/10 - 10:20 pm
Tribal leaders and warlords,

Tribal leaders and warlords, Grand Dragons and feudal chieftains. People who seek power and don't believe that the rules apply to them. They are above the rules of law. They are the makers of the rules.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 08/03/10 - 01:04 pm
I saw Bill Kristol and Mitch

I saw Bill Kristol and Mitch McConnell making their wise comments Sunday, and they have a point. When a party is in the self-destruct mode, why appear to be mean by helping them? Politics is a tough game. Concentrate on the horrible mistakes made by this administration and congress and let the ethics committee do what they do. I'm surprised these cases were allowed to reach the committee.
I'll be happy when the D.C. flush begins.

baronvonreich
baronvonreich 08/06/10 - 11:24 am
Who gave Rick McKee the week

Who gave Rick McKee the week off? He couldn't leave a few in his absence? Lazy git......

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 08/09/10 - 02:31 am
I'm certain that if we knew

I'm certain that if we knew how much, Ricks fans could come up with most of his ransom.

Miss Hap
Miss Hap 08/09/10 - 10:17 am
I've got my checkbook open.

I've got my checkbook open.

Nate Owens
Nate Owens 08/09/10 - 04:11 pm
Good stuff - you Rick & Roll

Good stuff - you Rick & Roll :^)

chipshirley
chipshirley 08/10/10 - 12:35 pm
Pelosi said she would drain

Pelosi said she would drain the swamp and she holds a bunch of Democrats accountable for ethics issues. She's doing what she promised.

If it was all Rs she were going after how would conservatives react?