Rick McKee Editorial Cartoon

Editorial cartoon for Thursday, July 8, 2010
dodo1234
dodo1234 07/07/10 - 11:55 pm
Rick, you need to do some

Rick, you need to do some research before you do your artwork. Pineapple grenades are not used anymore. And stop drawing terrorists with a big nose! I find it anti-semitic!

dodo1234
dodo1234 07/08/10 - 07:36 am
Thanks, johnston.cliff. I am

Thanks, johnston.cliff. I am realizing that I do get drunk and type stupid posts. I admit that. I am realizing I have a drinking problem. Thanks again for the advice. I apologize for all the stupid things I have posted before. johnston.cliff, you are an intelligent person. God bless you!

afadel
afadel 07/08/10 - 01:03 pm
seenitB4
seenitB4 07/08/10 - 01:08 pm
The nose has to balance out

The nose has to balance out the ears.....wouldn't look right with a tiny nose.

Yepitsme
Yepitsme 07/08/10 - 02:24 pm
Rick you should have had

Rick you should have had Michael Steele somewhere in this metaphor.

Jake
Jake 07/08/10 - 09:12 pm
Great, implying all Muslims

Great, implying all Muslims are terrorists. Not some of your better work, Rick. At least be honest. The NASA tie in is humorous though.

Rick McKee
Rick McKee 07/08/10 - 09:58 pm
Jake, this photo only applies

Jake, this photo only applies to big-nosed Muslims living in caves using obsolete pineapple grenades, not to non-terrorist Muslims.
Oh wait, it's not a photo, it's a cartoon.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 07/09/10 - 07:19 am
A cartoon?!?! Wow, what a

A cartoon?!?! Wow, what a concept. Using exaggerated satire to make a point. Brilliant!!
One should be careful, though. Many can be tricked by this style of commentary.

OnlyinAgs1
OnlyinAgs1 07/09/10 - 07:30 am
And Rick since it's not a

And Rick since it's not a photo but a cartoon, that's probably why you get 2nd and 3rd place STATE awards. Keep up the great cartoons, here's hoping you place first in any category next year.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 07/09/10 - 10:16 am
It is sometimes surreal that

It is sometimes surreal that this administration continues to do things that are so against what most people feel is normal. Like waking up from a really bad dream and finding out that it wasn't a dream after all, but reality. I am old enough to remember when President Kennedy told all Americans that NASA would put a man on the moon in our lifetime, and how proud that made us feel. How proud we were to be Americans then. Now all I feel is profound sadness as this once proud, most advanced and elite of all American agencies is now reduced to nothing more than than an arm of uncle's public relations machine, working as hard as they can to now make muslims feel better about themselves? I am sickened daily by the continued trashing of our nation, which has now become a global laughingstock, by the antics of this out of control administration, led by a clown who is hell-bent on destroying most things that all Americans cherish the most. The DOJ is already beyond hope and totally corrupt. The NLRB is totally in union control, and there are more. The most recent is NASA, but this clown is far from finished. Our only hope is to neuter him at the polls in November. I only hope it's not too late.

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 07/09/10 - 11:19 am
I hope mass disillusionment

I hope mass disillusionment has taken over. However, there are still some who believe that the current administration is going to upgrade their Cadillac and pass out free coupons for Caviar, since food stamps have already afforded them every other fine food that food stamps can purchase.

grouse
grouse 07/09/10 - 02:43 pm
Equating all of the Muslim

Equating all of the Muslim world with terrorists is just bigotry.

Miss Hap
Miss Hap 07/09/10 - 07:52 pm
Grouse and Jake, this isn't a

Grouse and Jake, this isn't a drawing of a mosque but rather its a drawing of a cave with two terrorists hiding out in it. Most people can easily spot the difference and its meaning.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 07/09/10 - 08:07 pm
Who equated all Muslims with

Who equated all Muslims with terrorism? I didn't see that anywhere in the cartoon....I saw TWO people in the cartoon. Sounds like you are jumping to conclusions......or are you denying that ANY Muslims are terrorists? In the name of political correctness, can we no longer satirize those who are?

KSL
KSL 07/09/10 - 08:31 pm
How does a cartoon of two

How does a cartoon of two imply that all Muslims are terrorists? We do know that reportedly some actual terrorists were/are living in caves.

I concur, Miss Hap.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 07/11/10 - 08:16 am
See, didn't I predict that

See, didn't I predict that some would be tricked? Well, I'm used to being right.
(Some of ya'll make it hard to be humble)

Miss Hap
Miss Hap 07/14/10 - 10:05 pm
Hey Rick, we've pretty much

Hey Rick, we've pretty much used up this cartoon and are ready for a new one.
We're all getting a little antsy and I wanted to give you a boost to get out a new toon for us to play with. Hint hint hint.