Rick McKee Editorial Cartoon

Editorial cartoon for Friday, March 19, 2010
TheFederalist
TheFederalist 03/18/10 - 10:44 pm
AWESOME RICK! wow...I am

AWESOME RICK! wow...I am rotfl! Yep, if it wasn't so tragic, it would even be funnier. Really a shame that the American people have no voice, as we have been silenced by an idealogue that is so arrogant that he will never back down. Should his HCR ultimately fail, I wonder what the damage will be to his fragile ego? May have to hit up the Prozac.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 03/19/10 - 07:07 am
Brilliant!! Another

Brilliant!! Another masterpiece Rick McKee. This picture may be worth 2,000 words.

Notreally
Notreally 03/19/10 - 08:31 am
Where is Clyde. *Sighs*

Where is Clyde. *Sighs*

Chillen
Chillen 03/19/10 - 08:44 am
Absolutely perfect!

Absolutely perfect!

townes22
townes22 03/19/10 - 09:21 am
Looks like we will have

Looks like we will have enough votes to finally get it passed!!

miles_kilpatrick
miles_kilpatrick 03/19/10 - 09:48 am
"Really a shame that the

"Really a shame that the American people have no voice"
-American people voted him in via landslide.

Chillen
Chillen 03/19/10 - 09:57 am
miles. Obama got 52.9% of

miles. Obama got 52.9% of the vote & McCain 47.7%. Since when is 5.2% a landslide? And, look at the polls now. Buyers remorse has seriously set in.

Rick McKee
Rick McKee 03/19/10 - 10:15 am
Notreally, to answer your

Notreally, to answer your question, Clyde has been retired for more than a decade now and knowing him as I do, I'd be stunned if he were any more supportive of this president than I am. But the next time I talk to him, I'll be sure to mention that Notreally misses him. He'll say, "Who?" I'll say, "Notreally."

libertarianvoter
libertarianvoter 03/19/10 - 10:43 am
Rick you are awesome! Keep up

Rick you are awesome! Keep up the good work. Notreally once again doesn't even argue the point of the cartoon even though he clearly disagrees with it.

Rick McKee
Rick McKee 03/19/10 - 10:57 am
Thanks LV and everybody else

Thanks LV and everybody else too! Well... most everybody. :)

GAterp
GAterp 03/19/10 - 11:04 am
Health care reform wins! Who

Health care reform wins! Who cares what the GOP thinks?

castlebk
castlebk 03/19/10 - 11:25 am
Aren't NEWSpapers supposed to

Aren't NEWSpapers supposed to be unbiased? Or is it just the good ones? Another day, another waist of my time! Ugh!!

Ari Astor
Ari Astor 03/19/10 - 11:29 am
The words "Opinion" and

The words "Opinion" and "Editorial" have meanings. Try Google and have a blissful day!

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 03/19/10 - 11:31 am
That smug look on his face as

That smug look on his face as he proudly holds up that graph is perfect! It doesn't matter that the vast majority of the citizens of our country DO NOT want his poorly cobbled together plan, he's going to force it upon us because HE wants it. "Its good to be king"! (Mel Brookes) Great job Rick you nailed another one!!

ripjones
ripjones 03/19/10 - 11:33 am
Good one, Rick. It should be

Good one, Rick. It should be fun this weekend. Any House member that actually votes for, this drivel, should realize that their re-election is going to be a REAL up-hill battle. Just look at Ted Kennedy's turf. I'm sorry that death was the only way to get rid of him, but MA will be better for it. If the healthcare reform bill didn't really smell like ca-ca, then the Dems would not have had to PAY OFF the legislators to vote "yes". Top of the bill should have included TORT reform...

Rick McKee
Rick McKee 03/19/10 - 11:38 am
castlebk, this is the

castlebk, this is the *opinion* page....

castlebk
castlebk 03/19/10 - 11:39 am
Are you kidding? Don't pass

Are you kidding? Don't pass off the biasness to just the "Opinion" and "Editorial" section.

castlebk
castlebk 03/19/10 - 11:43 am
Rick, I never see any other

Rick, I never see any other differing 'opinion'. Are you the only 'opinion' cartoonist on staff? Really, I don't know that answer.

Rick McKee
Rick McKee 03/19/10 - 11:47 am
castlebk, while our opinion

castlebk, while our opinion pages are, by definition, biased, our news reporters do a fantastic job of presenting just the facts. Please don't confuse the two.

Rick McKee
Rick McKee 03/19/10 - 11:52 am
Yes, I am the only cartoonist

Yes, I am the only cartoonist on staff. And yes, we do offer other opinions. We run Eugene Robinson, Bill Maxwell and many other liberal columnists you probably haven't heard of on our Op-Ed print page on a regular basis. Unfortunately, we don't have the rights to reprint them online, but if you'll pick up our print version, you'll see them there.

castlebk
castlebk 03/19/10 - 11:54 am
Still doesn't answer my

Still doesn't answer my question....there should be more than one 'opinion' given, even in the editorial cartoons.

Rick McKee
Rick McKee 03/19/10 - 11:58 am
castlebk, nope it doesn't

castlebk, nope it doesn't work that way at any newspaper for any cartoonist, but I have done plenty of cartoons criticizing the GOP and the hypocritical Right, such as Mark Sanford and Pat Robertson. You either don't read my cartoons much or are just remembering the ones you don't like.

Pops
Pops 03/19/10 - 11:59 am
My all time favorite is still

My all time favorite is still the one with Michael Jackson in bed watching his sister's wardrobe malfunction...."NOW THAT'S SICK !!!!"

castlebk
castlebk 03/19/10 - 12:00 pm
I do read the print from time

I do read the print from time to time and have noticed the liberal columnists' writings but the cartoon is always one-sided.

Ari Astor
Ari Astor 03/19/10 - 12:10 pm
castlebk - So is everything

castlebk - So is everything President Obama says. What is your point? Keep posting though, this is entertaining! Mr McKee just explained above that he has produced numerous cartoons bashing "the right". It must be this level of comprehension that allows you to be an Obama supporter.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/19/10 - 12:09 pm
I have to take up for Rick..

I have to take up for Rick.. I have seen the cartoons on the GOP too. I must say some really deserved the toon.

castlebk
castlebk 03/19/10 - 12:13 pm
Of course you would criticize

Of course you would criticize those two 'lame brains'....how about going a little deeper? Boehner just publicly called Democratic staffers, "little punk staffers", surely you could have some fun with that. The irony is clearly there...him with the perfect tan, perfect hair and probably a 'mani' and 'pedi' too. LOL! Anyway, have a good day. I'm out!

KSL
KSL 03/19/10 - 12:35 pm
That's a relief! I guess

That's a relief! I guess castlebk is missing all of the Bush cartoons. Great job, Rick!

KSL
KSL 03/19/10 - 03:36 pm
By the way castle, you don't

By the way castle, you don't "waist time."

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 03/19/10 - 06:13 pm
I can only imagine the

I can only imagine the promises, back door deals, the arm/leg/head twisting, pleading, threatning, etc, that is even now going on in the squalid halls of congress. If they do manage to get the thin majority needed to vote in favor of this bill, our country will be the one that suffers the most. The legal floodgates will burst and we will see this debacle played out daily for the next several years, as every aspect will be challenged all the way to the SCOTUS. Further, it will pit American against American, as we already have chosen sides, and the hostility will only increase, imho. History may deem this legislation as the most divisive, poisonous, and quasi-legal boondoggle ever. Mores the pity.

Gander Mountain opens

Outdoor retailer Gander Mountain opened at 9 a.m. today at 145 Mason McKnight Jr. Parkway, across from CarMax.