High of 100 ties record for the date

The thermometer reached 100 degrees at Augusta Regional Airport today, tying an 84-year-old record.

According to the National Weather Service, the century mark was reached for the first time this year at 3:21 p.m. It tied the record for the date set in 1926.

Two people were treated for heat exhaustion at University Hospital, spokeswoman Erica Cline said. Denise Parrish, of Medical College of Georgia Hospital, said one man who was overcome by heat was brought to the hospital for observation.

A representative of Doctors Hospital did not immediately return calls requesting information on treatment for heat-related conditions.

Comments (8)

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 06/12/10 - 07:43 pm

Man, if it's hit 100 already,

Man, if it's hit 100 already, it's gonna be a miserably hot and debilitating summer!

pommom38
pommom38 06/12/10 - 08:01 pm

Been sayin it for weeks now.

Been sayin it for weeks now. Going to be a bad summer! Winter was weird, hurricane season last year was like nothing. Now el nino is gone, here comes the hot weather and the raging seas..

curly123053
curly123053 06/12/10 - 08:24 pm

As long as my a/c keeps

As long as my a/c keeps working I will be just fine. I got a bad feeling for this area with the hurricane season looming.

Insider Information
Insider Information 06/12/10 - 10:30 pm

It's that global warming. No,

It's that global warming. No, wait, it's called climate change. No, no, no. Remember all of the snow this winter? It's called global cooling. Are we calling it global warming again? All of this confuses me.

areps2
areps2 06/12/10 - 10:37 pm

Gee if we put a little effort

Gee if we put a little effort into this there must be a way to blame President Bush.

Fish Out of Water
Fish Out of Water 06/12/10 - 10:41 pm

Yes, you do sound quite

Yes, you do sound quite confused, Insider.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 06/13/10 - 11:24 am

Insider, as I've traveled

Insider, as I've traveled down life's road, I've learned a thing or two. One, every summer there's global warming and two, it's followed by global cooling. Watch out for drowning polar bears.

55 F-100
55 F-100 06/13/10 - 07:53 am

Just ask the "community

Just ask the "community organizer" to take care of the temperature problems............you know...........after he personally solves the "oil leak".........................after all, he is "almost like a god"........right?