Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Charles D. Taylor has graduated from the U.S. Navy’s Nuclear Power School at Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in Goose Creek, S.C. A 2010 graduate of Cross Creek High School, he is the brother of Courtney Taylor.
Michael Anthony Gist II has graduated from Brevard College.
Brenda Jean Sinkford has graduated from Thomas University.
Ashley McKenzie has graduated from Southern Adventist University.
Caroline Elisabeth Carnahan has graduated from The College of Charleston.
The following students have graduated from Berry College: Kalli Doenges, Kayla Sanner, Dana Wenger, Lara O’Kelley and Cody Marsh.
• The following students have been named to the dean’s list at Georgia College for the 2013 spring semester: Henry Rowland, Kendyl Wade, David Hymel, Nolan Klinke, Susanna Proctor, Hannah Urie, Zsofia Bolick, Jaime Bond, Simone Bridgeforth, Patrice Jean-Pierre
Also, Brianna Waters, Catherine Zecha, Kasey Belanger, Anna Bosch, Kristin Butts, Bradleigh Carpenter, Kayla Cates, Justina Everhart, Katie Fredo, Britney Graham
Also, Lorryn Holstein, Hannah King, Keely Lawson, Mary Leicht, Morris Moss, Amy Penton, Allison Blanchard, Kristen Busby, Casandra Boutwell, Taylor Edwards, Sarah Gilbert, Alexandra Gilmore, Jordan Mahaffey, Kessler Matheson, Christine Petras, Kevin Smith and Laura van Tuyll van Serooskerken
• The following students were named to the dean’s list at Bob Jones University for the spring 2013 semester: Jacquelyne Beck, Benjamin McNamee and Natalie Walters,
• Tatum Brown was named to the dean’s list at Auburn University for the 2013 spring semester.
The following students were named to the president’s list at Georgia College for the spring 2013 semester: Anne Zimmerman, Kelsey Arthur, Mallory Lawrence, James McPhail, Kayla Parel, Heather Frazier, Christie Linton, Danielle Mullen, Tiffany Wannamaker and Laura Kight.
Senior nursing students Nicole Brown, Charles Videna, Ginger Brown and Mehul Patel will attend the VALOR residency program at Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center. The VALOR program is an honors program that gives outstanding nursing students the opportunity to develop clinical nursing skills at a VA-approved health care facility.
• Lynda Polite, a senior at Cross Creek High School, was awarded a $1,000 scholarship by Cher’s Sisters Only Club. She participates in the JROTC, National BETA Club, Foreign Language Honors Society and the Math Team.
• Caroline Powell, of Westminster Schools of Augusta, and Baotram Van, of John S. Davidson Fine Arts School, were each awarded a $3,000 Savannah River Nuclear Solutions LLC Family Scholarship. The winners are children of SRNS employees.