- The following teams placed in the United Way ninth annual Golf Classic:
Chadwick Painting, first; The Family Y, second; and Whitaker Electric, third.
- Bill Andrews , of Augusta, received the 2010 Outstanding Faculty and Distinguished Faculty awards from the Medical College of Georgia School of Allied Heath Sciences.
- The following high school students were awarded $1,000 scholarships from the Archons of Alpha Mu Boule of Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity:
Stephen A. Brown , A.R. Johnson Health; Alphonso Ruffin Jr. , Academy of Richmond County; Samuel J. Whitten , Cross Creek; Kristopher M. Byrd , Davidson Fine Arts; and Stanley W. Esaw, Butler.
Also, Ameer G. Carminer , Glenn Hills; Brandon X. Woodward , Hephzibah; James A. Williams , Laney; Shannon J. Marshall , Josey; and Joshuah E. Davis , Westside.
- The Academy of Richmond County placed first in the varsity competition of the Richmond County Board of Education Math Competition at Fort Discovery.
- Navy Seaman Cory A. Naylor , a 2005 graduate of Hephzibah High School and son of Sheantina Naylor, of Hephzibah, completed basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.