Rants and Raves

Comments from readers:

YES MICHAEL BROWN was shot, but why the riots and the destruction of property? Those innocent people didn’t have anything to do with him being shot. They lost their property and who’s going to replace it? Taxpayers once again. It is all unnecessary.

WHY AREN’T WHITE people out demonstrating in the CSRA for the man killed by the black man at the church in Martinez? Because we aren’t the ones who are prejudiced in this world. Think about who are the prejudiced people.

THE CHARGES AGAINST Gov. Rick Perry of Texas are just trumped up to keep him out of the 2016 presidential race. If anyone is smart they can see that.

RANT FOR THE POST office. I just returned four stamps because I refused to put Harvey Milk on any letter that leaves my home. Why is he being honored? What did he do for America? No wonder they are in such dire straits.

PRESIDENT OBAMA dances the night away while we rush into World War III. All I can say is brace for impact.

THERE IS A NEW JOB in town for the Richmond County Commissioners. They can be goat herders now. Because they have messed everything else up in town. Maybe they won’t mess this up … or not.

WHY DO WE HAVE to take these illegal children, but we kill our children in abortion clinics? I am an adoptive parent. Are these children going to be put up for adoption?

THERE WAS NO federal income tax until Woodrow Wilson was president and it was only supposed to be for a short period of time. It is time to change the tax laws in this nation and go to either a consumption tax or a fair tax.

REPUBLICAN RANTERS are not voicing hatred for the president. We are just dismayed at how many times he has violated the Constitution and the amendments to the Constitution.

RANT FOR OUR government. ISIS is a definite threat to our security. Why prolong the agony? We know that sooner or later we will need combat troops in Iraq. Later will make it much harder.

corgimom
corgimom 08/30/14 - 04:26 pm
Ranter #1- No, taxpayers

Ranter #1- No, taxpayers don't replace property lost in riots.

And no insurance carrier will pay a claim for riot damage.

The owners are stuck with the loss.

That's why when a riot occurs, businesses flee the area and don't come back. And banks redline that area and they won't finance loans for those areas, either.

And that's why you don't see a supermarket in LW/B, thanks to the 1971 Augusta riot.

corgimom
corgimom 08/30/14 - 04:27 pm
Ranter #3- the charges aren't

Ranter #3- the charges aren't trumped up, he did exactly what he is accused of. Whether or not a court finds him guilty is another thing.

He is a petty jerk.

corgimom
corgimom 08/30/14 - 04:39 pm
Ranter #4- Why is Harvey Milk

Ranter #4- Why is Harvey Milk honored?

Because he was a San Franciscan councilman who was murdered by a total nutcase named Dan White who resigned from the SF council when things didn't go his way, and then shot Harvey Milk when he wasn't allowed to rescind his resignation.

He was MURDERED, along with Mayor George Moscone, in cold blood, when he was a gentle human being that never hurt anybody. Like you, Ranter #3, right?

Unless, of course, you think it's ok to murder governmental leaders of any kind when things don't go your way.

He was very popular in SF, and known as being a politician who stood up for ALL his constituents, and who, by all accounts, was a very decent human being. He was instrumental in doing many good things for SF and its residents.

He broke the power of the white SF men that had ruled SF and, like Augusta, did things to feather their own nests at the expense of their constituents.

He was elected by his constituents, and never did anything to deserve being murdered. He was slain while he was doing governmental business, and if that doesn't disturb you, Ranter #3, that is something that you should reflect on.

corgimom
corgimom 08/30/14 - 04:41 pm
Ranter #7- Why would they be

Ranter #7- Why would they be put up for adoption, when they have loving parents at home?

In this country, we have due process. We don't sever parental rights without court proceedings.

And what does immigrant children have to do with abortion?

Wow.

corgimom
corgimom 08/30/14 - 04:43 pm
Ranter #10. Please volunteer

Ranter #10. Please volunteer yourself and your family.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Fighting in the Middle East is becoming increasingly unpopular, because too many people come back dead, with catastrophic injuries, or terrible PTSD.

carcraft
carcraft 08/30/14 - 05:53 pm
Corgimom, many of the kids

Corgimom, many of the kids that crossed over from Mexico don't have parents in the states. Many of these children are given to people who "say they are relatives " who are also here illegally .this is a major mess and now the kids are turning up at schools with out immunization , limited skills in English and our culture. 200 in Decabe county Georgia. Older kids are being taken into gangs.

stuaby
stuaby 08/30/14 - 07:56 pm
Harvey Milk is being

Harvey Milk is being glorified on stamps?!!

(1,2,3....10. Richard Sherman mode OFF)

I'm speechless. Really. I'm just speechless.

The U.S. is like a giant haunted house now. Everywhere you look there's a reason to scream.

stuaby
stuaby 08/30/14 - 09:53 pm
My mind is all messed up now.

My mind is all messed up now. I had something to say about something, but the Harvey-Milk-is-glorified-on-stamps news knocked it out.

I really am temporarily mentally paralyzed right now over how much of a lunatic nation ours has become.

stuaby
stuaby 08/30/14 - 08:06 pm
"He was very popular in SF,

"He was very popular in SF, etc... (long recitation of irrelevant facts)"

He is not on stamps because of any of that. He's on there because....

The heck with it. I can't go on with this. The comment will probably get knocked out if I were to say it anyway.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/30/14 - 10:54 pm
"I feel you" Stuaby. I too,

"I feel you" Stuaby. I too, am speechless on the defense of the Harvey Milk stamp. Just WOW. If one can't see the PC in motion, I don't know what to say.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/30/14 - 11:04 pm
I'm just floored by anyone

I'm just floored by anyone who would support the politically motivated charges against Perry. The real paradox is that he was trying to get a certified DRUNK of a district attorney to resign; which the PC crowd on the left should be on like a duck on a june bug.

Are the charges legit? Technically yes. Are they morally legit? Not a chance; he was just trying to force her hand on an issue that all Americans should condemn her for.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/30/14 - 11:16 pm
Last rant; call me battle

Last rant; call me battle fatigued, but I am opposed to sacrificing 1 more American on those beasts in the Middle East. I've just seen way too much of our young people being physically and emotionally maimed; not to mention the devastation to the loved ones of the deceased and destroyed.

I would rather rely on technology. "Boots on the ground" take and hold geography, but we don't need that. We just need to eliminate them; which can be done more strategically with special forces, assistance to ISIS enemies, etc.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/31/14 - 01:06 am
H Milk

The name rang a bell but I had to look him (?) up.

If being murdered by a lunatic somehow "puts you up there", then there are a lot of Americans that have their due coming.

Interestingly, Milk's murderer was suffering from "Twinkie" syndrome. Whether true or not, Twinkie syndrome is an affliction championed by the left and is not to be questioned.

Heck Queen Michelle O, no less has pushed her own version of twinkieism.

If I were a lib I'd be very confused.

I'm not, so I ain't.

myfather15
myfather15 08/31/14 - 01:17 am
Lot's of comments from Corgimom

But she still won't explain where she got the information that ALL the complaint's about Bergdahl being a deserter, come from "anonymous" people!!!

"http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/index.html

You know; I'm just a simpleton commenter on a media website; but in my limited knowledge, this wouldn't qualify as "anonymous"!!

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/31/14 - 01:30 am
Rants

It's a close thing whether to answer the rant or Corgi's response.

Rant 3 and corgi's response. "A petty jerk"?

More of a man or a leader than we've seen in the last 6 years that's for sure.

Of course a jelly-fish could make that claim.

myfather15
myfather15 08/31/14 - 01:32 am
"His claim to fame other than

"His claim to fame other than being the " first openly gay" person to be elected in San Fran, was he was murdered by a lunatic."

This is EXACTLY why he is being honored!! Because he did nothing else substantial; any more than any other politician or person has!!

This is just another example of the left pushing homosexuality down everyone's throat!! Now we've got to "honor" someone, simply because they were gay!! I don't mind honoring a person for their achievements; and couldn't care less if they were gay or not!! But does it have to be broadcast so loudly? To the left, YES it does!! Because THAT, is part of changing the culture of this Country!!

Another example is the Michael Sam situation in the NFL. I follow football closely; and anyone who does, knows that a 7th round draft rarely makes the team or makes an impact if they do!! They're definitely NOT reported on, as if they're the next Walter Peyton or Reggie White!!

But Michael Sam's coverage has been NON STOP!! Ever since he was drafted, the NFL network has given almost daily updates on how he is doing!! Why? Because he is GAY???? This is FOOTBALL people, it has nothing to do with homosexuality!! I don't give a darn about Michael Sam unless he's a good football player!! Michael Sam and his sexual preference hasn't turn me against Michael Sam; the MEDIA and their coverage has turned me against him!!

Today, NFL teams had to make their final cuts, down to 53 players. Michael Sam got cut!! I watched NFL Network to see which players got cut; to see who my team might pick up!! Honest to goodness people; they talked about Michael Sam for HOURS!!! A 7th round draft pick, being the talk of the NFL, because he got cut!! I'd be willing to bet MOST 7th round picks were cut today!! But not a single word about ANY of them; except Michael Sam!! One can only guess why, right??

From the interviews I've seen, Michael Sam appears to be a decent guy and I wish him luck. I hope another team picks him up and he gets to live and play his dream; but I DREAD hearing every single minute of what's going on with him!!

This IS another example of the media, being used to manipulate people's thoughts!!

myfather15
myfather15 08/31/14 - 01:37 am
"And no insurance carrier

"And no insurance carrier will pay a claim for riot damage.

They might be eligible for loans, if certain conditions are met, but they will have to be paid back. "

Not true!! Many insurance companies offer vandalism coverage in their policies, but you have to request it.

Also, the governor or mayor can request State or Federal funds at any time!! Doesn't mean they will get it, but does ANYONE honestly believe they won't?? If it's requested, I'd bet a paycheck they will get it!! So then, the taxpayers are on the hook for the damage!!

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/31/14 - 01:47 am
Rant 8

Woodrow W. Was just the first of progressive senators who were a disaster. He was forced to do a couple needed things for our country.

Unfortunately precious few in our current system of checks and balances have the, um, spine, er a, backbone, ah, gnads, aaa gumption, to check this little Napoleon inhabiting our White House.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/31/14 - 02:11 am
myfather15

Sam didn't make the cut as you pointed out. But if he was even close, you know PC would've insured he made it. Just another form of affirmative action.

Kind of like the hero status given to Milk.

Nothing against either, just pointing out the uncomfortable obvious.

iaaffg
iaaffg 08/31/14 - 04:51 am
every idea the 'progressives'

every idea the 'progressives' and 'liberals' have come up with and instituted as a law in this country has led to disharmony, dissatisfaction, dissent and discord. also a bunch of their 'wonderful' brainstorms has done nothing but lower standards and quality in just about anything you could name. 'progressive'? hardly. now we are just a nation of the mundane, the ordinary, and the sub-standard. there is no strive for excellence or quality anymore, just 'getting by'. all thanks to those great 'progressive thinkers' who are convinced they have all the answers to everything (and tell you so with that condescending pomposity they all seem to adopt, even when they don't have a clue) and the rest of us are just floundering simpletons. give me a simpleton any day of the week over a 'great progressive thinker'. at least the simpleton will say something you can probably understand and be honest about it; the 'great progressive thinker' will confabulate and simply leave you feeling like your brains got scrambled.

iaaffg
iaaffg 08/31/14 - 04:56 am
stauby: maybe we all need to

stauby: maybe we all need to claim we're liberals when we want to say what's on our minds; they seem to be the only ones who get away with saying whatever they want without being castigated or hung, drawn, and quartered by the pc police.

corgimom
corgimom 08/31/14 - 05:47 am
No, stuaby, he is not on

No, stuaby, he is not on stamps because he was gay.

He is on stamps because of how he died.

He was a good man who did many good things, that was murdered by a lunatic.

corgimom
corgimom 08/31/14 - 05:50 am
Oh, some people came forward

Oh, some people came forward and finally identified themselves?

I guess that some of you would know that better than I do, I don't subscribe to the nutcase blogs and I don't watch FOX News or CNN.

Thanks for letting me know.

corgimom
corgimom 08/31/14 - 05:56 am
iaaffg, I wouldn't know about

iaaffg, I wouldn't know about that, because I don't claim to be a liberal.

corgimom
corgimom 08/31/14 - 05:57 am
See, myfather, I, along with

See, myfather, I, along with most others, have moved on from the Bergdahl story, which is very old news.

But I'm glad that you have kept up to date on it, if you want to waste your time on it, by all means, do so.

Moving on.

geecheeriverman
geecheeriverman 08/31/14 - 05:58 am
corgimom

Corgimom, you must have stayed out late the last few nights drinking Kool-Aid. Talk about far left thinking, you are the best.

corgimom
corgimom 08/31/14 - 06:00 am
carcraft, yes, I understand

carcraft, yes, I understand that.

The people in Latin America have a different mindset than Americans do. Their kids start working from the time they are small, and it is very common for them to send their teenage children off to find work to help the family. It is also very common for teenagers to be married, especially the girls, at 12, 13, and 14.

Their parents still love them, why would they give them up for adoption? The kids stay in contact with them, and send them money, that's the whole point of them leaving.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/31/14 - 06:19 am
"Moving on from the Bergdahl

"Moving on from the Bergdahl story" is a symptom. A symptom of refusingtolookrealityinthefaceitus.

iaaffg has it right! To be progressive or even middle of the
Road (yellow lineism) like some claim to be in order to, appear that which they are not, is to ignore not only history, but current events!

Some don't have to claim to be anything, their actions speak for them.

Sounding conservative occasionally but supporting Libs, makes you a lib.

We are the the last best hope!!

When you turn your back on that and embrace statism, you've turned your back on hope and freedom.

The last best hope is a constant, never ending battle. Or founders and many others knew it and warned of it.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/31/14 - 06:34 am
minor typo

Augusta Riot May 11th 1970

44 years later and what we use to call Black Broad St. still has not recovered.

BTW:
The 2 teens that killed the kid, where held in Augusta RYDC for a while and joked about doing it to the staff.

NOW there would be a story.
What the 2 Teen murders did with the rest of their lives.
How they feel about their actions resulting in so many deaths and millions of dollars worth and damages to the black community.

BTW: The last AC/AH article I read on the still missing persons count was in 128. I wonder how many just moved vs. got a trip to the swamp for looting.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/31/14 - 06:43 am
Regarding Riots and who pays

The last report I saw on the Assessment of riots on Minority Communities. "STICKING IT TO THE MAN" almost always resulted in more damage to the Minority Community. Plus decades of lack of Business Rebuilding, grown or Super market competition is such areas.

A good read to look up and see what hasn't changed after 40+ years