Rants and Raves

Comments from readers:

I THINK THAT OLD Jimmy Carter is going senile on us again since he now wants us to cozy up to Hamas and recognize this terrorist organization! I have a better idea, why doesn’t he go over to Gaza and persuade Hamas to give up their weapons so that peace can exist in the area?

IT APPEARS THAT the educators in the CSRA are still doing a poor job of teaching critical thinking skills. Why do I think so? There are cars on the road with Obama/Biden bumper stickers, there are comments in the paper suggesting Obama is doing a great job, and there are still people who think all of this is Bush’s fault.

JAMES BROWN DID A lot more than just turkeys at Thanksgiving and toys at Christmas. He held a lot of his business right here in Augusta: rental of the Imperial Theater for his band rehearsals and Adrienne’s funeral, business building downtown for years at the location where the current Board of Education occupies, rental of rooms at various hotels for parties, etc. Also, he came home to Augusta in May 1970 when asked to helped calm people from rioting. And don’t downplay his work with the turkeys and toys: Without him and his name, the companies and other donors would not have put up what they did for the items to be given. I’m glad his family members have turned both events legitimately into registered nonprofits to check and make sure only the poor truly benefit!

HEY PRESIDENT OBAMA, the cold war from the 1980s is knocking at your door!

IT’S HARD TO DECIDE which needs to be carpet-bombed the most – the Islamic crazies overseas or the illegal aliens invading the United States. Wonder if we have enough bombers to do both. With Obama in office I doubt it.

DOES ANYONE ELSE FIND it odd that John Barrow only acts conservative during election years? It is time to vote him out.

RANT FOR HARBOR INN Seafood hostess. The other evening I witnessed a couple leaving after eating & the hostess was in the process of seating a group of six when the handicapped woman stepped to the side out of their way & the hostess rudely told her to move & that she was coming through. I heard the lady complain to the lady manager and she apologized, but it is so sad that some young people don’t respect their elders which make up a big percentage of their customers that helps pay them with their tips.

jdsgirl63
jdsgirl63 08/23/14 - 10:52 pm
Rant #1 - getting senile?

Rant #1 - getting senile? His handlers really need to keep a better grip on him.

Rant #4 - he can't answer... he's playing golf.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/24/14 - 01:40 am
Rant 1

This is pretty much the exact SAME thing he dealt with while he was president, in pretty much the same way. Obama is an apt student.

The names may have changed, but the players haven't!

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/24/14 - 02:13 am
Rant 5

Even though I feel your angst, I'm not quite ready to carpet bomb the border (though the proposition deserves consideration).

Speaking of carpet bomb. Back in the late eighties, I bought an old 70's Ford van and "carpet bombed" with window to window, door to door, black and red shag carpet. Had a little "sleeping" area with what is now called surround sound.

Back in those days me and my buds were ready to oversee world peace negotiations. Amazing how reality has a way of changing one's perspectives; that is if reality can seep its way into your consciousness.

Problem is with those that don't let anything "seep it's way in". The pretty, pretty, pictures and pop sound effects of today's media are plenty enough to channel their thoughts.

Young Fred
Young Fred 08/24/14 - 02:29 am
#6 - odd?

No, a dem acting conservative at election time is like pointing out water is wet!

Odd is how it still works!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/24/14 - 05:56 am
Appealing To Tradition

"I’m glad his family members have turned both events legitimately into registered nonprofits to check and make sure only the poor truly benefit!"

Making something a registered nonprofit doesn't necessarily mean things will be hunky dory. Questions then begin of how much the employees of the nonprofit pay themselves.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/24/14 - 06:40 am
Ever Wonder?

Do you ever wonder about a commenter who is fanatical on a certain subject when something goes wrong with his or her obsession? Do you worry about him when something like that happens? The last couple of days someone has been missing after a local news item broke.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 06:42 am
Going senile on us

Have you taken a good look at congress....senile city.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 06:44 am
Obama/Biden bumper stickers

Once in a while we see the stickers here in Gwinnett...but usually some good ole boy bumps the car back into DeKalb & Fulton...lol

Hah-- I only wish :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 06:49 am
Didn't Obama say the cold war is OVEERR!

Oh lordy, help us please before we disappear from this earth...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 06:53 am
Looking back at old videos of Romney/Obama

Sometimes when I look at these old debates between the two I wonder how the dickens did Romney keep a straight face....Obamas novelty thinking of what we should do in the middle east is off the map..

I wonder how he thinks now....how is it working for him.

I can see why ole Hill is trying to pull away, but a tad late.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 07:05 am
J Jackson cornered in Ferguson

OMG--this is so funny, I am amazed that this video was made public...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 07:08 am
turkeys and toys:

I have to agree..James Brown did love Augusta...he gave many hope.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 07:25 am
This would be interesting

Just read this ....

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are no more reverends than I am. They’re race-baiters and hustlers and make their living off of promoting hatred between black and whites.

I understand Dr. Ben Carson and Jesse Jackson are going to debate race relations in America on Sunday (8/24) on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace at 1:00 pm on the Fox News Channel. That should be very interesting.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/24/14 - 07:31 am
Heh, heh, heh...Jesse Jackson

Jesse looked kind of uncomfortable when the protestors confronted him. Funny video, Seenit.

corgimom
corgimom 08/24/14 - 07:41 am
Riverman, I thought the same

Riverman, I thought the same thing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 07:46 am
Read the comment section

That is funny too! Better than going to the movies.:)

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/24/14 - 08:02 am
Barrow's records speaks for

Barrow's records speaks for itself!

Democrats always "act" conservative before elections just to fool the people who claim they are independents and "only vote for the right person" regardless of party affiliation.

Independents haven't figured out that whatever party the "right person" belongs to is the party they are going to be loyal to once they are elected - no matter how conservative they seem to be while campaigning.

We also have a lot of RINOs because no one bothers to research the candidates records to see just how that person actually votes, no matter what he/she claims.

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/24/14 - 08:07 am
Young Fred makes a good point

Young Fred makes a good point (2:29 am post). It's amazing how it still works for libs to act conservative.

Doesn't it seem odd that libs have to pretend to be conservative to get elected. That means they realize the majority of citizens in our country are conservative and want conservative values. Yet, they are going to lie, steal, punish, pretend, bully and whip us into the little socialists they want us to be.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/24/14 - 08:49 am
Jake, hang on!

Things are shaking in San Fran. Hope you survived the quake!

deestafford
deestafford 08/24/14 - 08:55 am
Ol' Jimmie has always...

Ol' Jimmie has always been pro-PLO and against Israel. The Evangelicals have been pro-Israel for as long as I can remember and Ol' Jimmie has decried the Evangelicals and distanced himself from the Southern Baptists.

JB was not appreciated as much in his hometown as he was around the world; but, that is not unusual. Very seldom is a great man (I'm not saying necessarily that he was great.) and his accomplishments recognized in his hometown. Based on who he was and what his background was, I don't think he could have been a better person than he was. He did the best he could with what he had.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/24/14 - 10:25 am
Not going to blow a head gasket today.

Plan to enjoy looking over all the collected deer photos from my cameras in the woods behind the house.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/24/14 - 09:20 am
Haven't Seen Or Heard One Word

about what the flying of the large Rebel Flag and a very large group of people at the Columbia Fair Grounds yesterday was all about. Does anybody know?

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/24/14 - 09:43 am
nocnoc

Getting ready to go the hunting camp next month to get things ready for the season. Hope to get some good pictures this year as I got NONE last year.

Some of our hunting land was sold and some was clear cut. Don't know where all the critters went but maybe there'll be a few hanging around this year.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/24/14 - 10:44 am
Toss some corn and cheap apple out

And mount a few 2mp cheap wildlife cameras.

Although I own a "small" collection of firearms, in my case I no longer shoot deer I just use a Camera.

My son gets his limit every year and we have a Chest Freezer for the meat. But he has to hunt on his property about 2.5 miles away.

My initial goal was to set up a stable feeding area.
Already planted Grass and eatable items.

Now I am gradually increasing the amount of my scent on the food and by Dec-Jan I'll place a few day old sweaty t-shirts to get them use to me being around.

At my cabin in WNC (Hayesville Tuni Gap area) After about a 18 months,I could sit in my chair quietly with food around and the deer would come in as close as 20 feet as I read a book or took pic's.

happychimer
happychimer 08/24/14 - 11:26 am
same old politics here today.

same old politics here today. Y'all have a good day.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/24/14 - 11:47 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 11:52 am
happy

I could say the same thing about your fb posts....not very kind to the police & you have your own agenda....we all do.

But I'm not going to blast the police 24/7...

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/24/14 - 12:00 pm
Bill OReilly

IAD..I 100% agree with the man on that video....he came back off vacation to do that program that night...he said he was so riled about it he had to come back.....
91% of black deaths are caused by other BLACKS...that is a FACT....& they know that.

I saw Dr Carson & J Jackson on tv today...I wish they had more time to debate this subject...Dr Carson admits he had some rage as a young man & thankfully he overcame the distraction with a great education...what I most admire about the man is that he doesn't blame society on his problems....he has the answers that would work....just wish the young would emulate him instead of others.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/24/14 - 12:09 pm
jimmymac
jimmymac 08/24/14 - 12:18 pm
RANT #1

It's really hard to believe that so many were so stupid to elect Jimmy Carter for anything other than a dog catcher. Every time he opens his mouth it just re-enforces just how much people don't vet their candidates. After Obama I see things haven't changed much at all.