Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

MY RANT IS ONCE more to the powers in North Augusta who are pushing the Project Jackson agenda. I believe a stadium is a huge mistake all by itself. We have plenty of meeting rooms at the municipal building, and the rec center, so a convention center is unnecessary. Also, who remembers the disaster that was Port Royal? Shoppers are interested in getting the best deals, and as soon as the new outlet mall is open, who do they think is going to patronize a few specialty stores and restaurants in that area?

THERE HAVE BEEN minimal improvements at animal control, allowing rescue groups to go in and get animals out. However the overall attitude and operation of the facility has not changed: still stagnant and complacent while dogs and cats are sick and dying. Where is the compassion? People want to help, but the atmosphere is unwelcoming. Leadership must actively work to get healthy animals adopted out, and not sit back and rely on the volunteer rescue people to do all the work.

IF TRAFFIC IS bumper-to-bumper 45 to 55 mph on a divided highway, I’m in the left lane and you’re behind me, why is it necessary to continue on your cellphone and beating your fist on the dash showing me the finger to finally pass me and then you drive slower than 45?

RAVE FOR BOJANGLE’S on Walton Way. Good food, good service, exceptionally courteous staff!

WITH ALL THE PUBLICITY of a child being left in a hot car and dying why would you still do it just because you wanted to run in and did not want to disturb the baby because he was sleeping? A child does not need to be left in a car in the heat anywhere, anytime. This applies to elderly adults, too.

A HUGE RAVE FOR Dr. Judy Henderson and Stacy at the Augusta VA Medical Center eye clinic. She gave me the best eye exam ever and Stacy took the time to help me get the perfect glasses. A very pleasant experience!

A GOVERNMENT THAT is big enough to give you everything that you want is a government that is big enough to take everything that you have.

WHERE IS ALL THE national outrage of humans being used as military shields?

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 08/21/14 - 08:58 pm
Animal Shelter

Oh yes - thanks to the writer that is bringing it up again because things are being dragged out and hopefully not swept under the carpet.
Those PAID employees at the shelter have an obligation to take care of these helpless creatures to the best of their abilities. If they don't think they can do it then leave and let someone with compassion take over. And that should most of all apply to the Director - I don't think that a leopard changes its spots and I don't think this lady can change after all of her years directing traffic in a penal institution. That "expertise" should not be used for helpless creatures. LET those parties that volunteer to take the animals take them and get them out of that poor excuse of a 'well run' facility. The director turned down one offer very recently.
Put a vet in charge - pay him/her the salary that the director is drawing now plus the proper amount for his/her veterinary services. I know it could be done, it only takes some bright minds to get the ball rolling (they rolled it a bit but now it is stuck again). Personnel adjustment should be the very first step! I am not holding my breath but I do hope that common sense will prevail and very soon!

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/22/14 - 05:02 am
Why do they still use the misleading name Animal "SHELTER"

since we now know the real ratio's of Kill vs Adopt are reminiscent of a 1945 Death camp.

Isn't time to rename it the

ARC Animal Adopt or Die Facility.

BTW: since they kill so many, has any one checked to see what the Budget was for Food and vet Care?

Given the numbers of Kill to save it would seem
a good money pit to hid waste or $$$$ abuse.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/14 - 05:19 am
THE PUBLICITY of a child being left in a hot car

Stupid as can be......Forrest Gump.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/14 - 05:25 am
You know I have non stop love for Seenit :)

Ok now....bigj...Yall heard it from the MAN!!

I see that koolaid I'm putting in your drink is working...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/14 - 05:36 am
national outrage of humans being used as military shields?

Because we have soo many cotton picking side items going on ALL the time now, we can't get outraged 24/7....

Take your pick..
Ukraine war
Middle East war
Russia thumbing nose at us
Losing health care we worked for
Ferguson outrage/police uproar
Isis terror group
Border dangers
Ebola scare
Terror groups coming here
Dangerous weather
Taxes going higher & higher

and last but not least...I didn't get an invitation to Kim K wedding....dang dang dang...
and I probably won't be on Dancing With the Stars either...doubledang.

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/22/14 - 05:48 am
You pretty much nailed it,

You pretty much nailed it, Seenit. Also, most of the mainstream media do not report items that may look damaging to this prez and, for some reason they protect the middle east over our ally, Israel.

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/22/14 - 05:43 am
As for Kim K, I'm not a fan,

As for Kim K, I'm not a fan, never watched their show. Dancing with the Stars is a different story - if I was 40 or 50 years younger I'd sure try like the dickens to get a chance at that.

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/22/14 - 05:47 am
Last night someone in LE was

Last night someone in LE was being interviewed in Ferguson and said the officer in question didn't have all the injuries reported initially. Anyone heard anything about that? Pictures of his injuries need to be released. Those would have stopped some of this speculation and possibly stopped a lot of this rioting when evidence was put forth that the LEO had been attacked.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/22/14 - 05:48 am
Child in the Car & the Media

Each year the media finds a social crusade to stir the public's emotional pot. Usually the number of incidents are subject to media over attention for these social crusade pieces.

While it is a worthy subject to write about, this year it was was the Child in the Hot Car.

STATISTICS
since most children that die are under 5 y/o and there approx 24.7 Million children in the USA in 2014.

2014 U.S. Child in Car Heatstroke deaths: 23 or 1 in 1Million

2007 = 2
2006 =1
2005 =1
2004 =1

* = CSRA general area

Interesting to note:
Since Vehicle AIR BAGS became a standard option and parents started placing their kids in the backseat to avoid the Air Bag safety issue the number of death per vehicle has increased. In the three-year period of 1990-1992, before airbags became popular, there were only 11 known deaths of children from heatstroke .

There are 3 lower 48 states that has had ZERO child deaths since 2004 and that is "Montana", New Hamp and Vermont.

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/22/14 - 05:52 am
nocnoc - all too darn cold to

nocnoc - all too darn cold to leave a kid in the car! I doubt there's too much danger of overheating, how many were frozen to death up there?

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/22/14 - 05:53 am
BTW: a Past social crusade to dwell on

the media some years ago was on a kick about placing the kids and infants in the back seat .... why.... Air Bags

Remember 7 or 8 years years ago we were seeing articles like

... in addition, reports that in 1996, 26 children were killed by air bags.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/22/14 - 06:11 am
Hoptoad check out the following map

ref cold states vs. Hot states

ND, SD, Maine, ID, Mich, Wis all have had deaths

BTW:
Check out COLD DEATHS at

After Age 45 we are Seniors are more likely to die from cold weather than a 0-15 y/o

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/14 - 06:43 am
Puzzle about KIm K

Hoptoad--I agree with ya about her..

What is so strange to me is..

She is not an actress
She is not a model
No movies that I know of

BUT...she makes MILLIONS on her looks...I will agree she is a great looker BUT for goodness sake....there are many big fannys in the world & nice looking faces...how-what is the fascination!!

Maybe coldbeer & river can shed some light on this conundrum.

corgimom
corgimom 08/22/14 - 07:00 am
seenit, she is trash, and her

seenit, she is trash, and her mother taught her well.

The sad part is that young teenage girls look at her and that grossly dysfunctional family and think their behavior is normal and acceptable.

And I bet Linda Thompson is thanking her lucky stars that she got away from Bruce Jenner, soon to become "Brucette".

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/22/14 - 07:05 am
Bruce's "transformation" was

Bruce's "transformation" was a big shocker! At least he's paying for his gender exchange.

Kim and her ilk are making millions only on their looks, but looks don't last forever - even with face lifts.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/22/14 - 07:11 am
Ranter #2

Wait a minute. When the city and the private animal rescue group signed their agreement, people involved in the issue (animal rights activists and county commissioners) patted themselves on the back saying, “What a good boy am I!”

The deal was that the city would collect the animals off the streets, and the private rescue groups would select the animals they wanted, and the city would deliver those animals to private spay/neuter clinics for fixing and shots, and the private rescue groups would pay the spay/neuter clinics and take the animals.

That is the deal. Let's give it time to work before we begin criticizing shelter employees.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/14 - 07:12 am
Face lifts

Barbara Walters & Joan Rivers have gotten extra mileage out of their lifts...:)
and sweet Dolly Parton always looks good, lifts or not! We know what her best LIFT was...haha
Is Bruce J really changing gender?? REALLY?

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/14 - 07:21 am
Look at this video

How tough are you really...could you ride this bus??

thanks cgee for this scary ride..

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 08/22/14 - 07:31 am
Not no, but hell no !

And they are laughing!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/14 - 07:49 am
I just found out

That I can't toast waffles in the oven & post at the same time....the smell coming from the oven made me realize that fact....also I got my blood pressure up while reading making sense out of the senseless article on here....

Some seem to blame AC for politicizing that killing at the church in Evans....the AC got it right......we have killers in our midst & this is just one example of why people are ON GUARD almost 24/7 now....just read the dang headlines day after day....this is one example of a senseless killing....we see thousands every year...just like THAT!!

Learn to protect yourself please....911 can't be there in a heartbeat...enough of this.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/22/14 - 08:01 am
Kim K

I'd rather slide down a 100 foot razor blade into a pool of alcohol than even think about the possibility of a 1 in a million chance of being with her. I don't understand all the fascination with celebrities, the ones I've met prefer to be treated with respect just as you would an aquaintance. I don't need selfies of me with anyone to prove who I am. As for their private lives, I prefer to keep mine to myself and let them keep theirs to themselves. If I want to see butts and boobs I just have to read the R&R's or stop into a certain business near b4's house!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/22/14 - 08:07 am
Good Morning from the Broad

Good Morning from the Broad St Canal and Skyway Bar & Grill!
Today's menu begins with a Smoked Pimento Spread on Saltines followed by a Mudfish Cakes (fresh caught this morning) with a side of Poke Salad and finished up with PBR Beer Float. So Float on down the Mason Canal or take a stroll on the Williams Skyway and join us today!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/14 - 08:08 am
slide down a 100 foot razor blade into a pool of alcohol

Now that makes me squirm just reading it!!!

and keep yo bizwax to yoself heh!! Good to know..:)

Yeh...the boobs & butts on here make it fun..I have to get busy right here & right now....this place is consuming my time. A habit I can't seem to break.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 08/22/14 - 08:08 am
Face Lifts

Ba Ba Walters and Joan Rivers, those aren't bags under their eyes!! And that 's all I've got to say about that!!

stuaby
stuaby 08/22/14 - 08:12 am
"she is a great looker BUT

"she is a great looker BUT for goodness sake....there are many big fannys in the world & nice looking faces...how-what is the fascination!!"

I'm perplexed at this also, seenit. There is no rational explanation for how someone who hasn't done anything worth half a dam (dam = large concrete structure used to hold back water), could be elevated to stardom like this.

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/22/14 - 08:18 am
We have a very shallow

We have a very shallow society that wouldn't recognize real talent if it bit them on the nose, and they seek "personalities and looks" rather than ability, intellect, and contribution. But it just goes to show that brains and contribution can't compete with looks and personality-while between all the Kardashian girls you couldn't muster one functional brain-they are smart enough to play people for millions-so what the heck do I know.

stuaby
stuaby 08/22/14 - 08:19 am
"She is not an actress She

"She is not an actress
She is not a model
No movies that I know of"

Apparently she is, seenit. From wiki:

"Kimberly Kardashian 'Kim' West is an American television and social media personality, socialite, fashion designer, businesswoman, model, and actress"

In any case, however, she has just made the most of the buzz about her from the outset, which nobody understands the reason for.

stuaby
stuaby 08/22/14 - 08:24 am
"...-while between all the

"...-while between all the Kardashian girls you couldn't muster one functional brain-..."

!! Heh! Bizkit!

One of her sisters released a song about a year+ ago. It was the ABSOLUTE SORRIEST piece of music that I've heard in my entire life.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/22/14 - 08:29 am
I had to google Kim K too

Still wonder...it seems the mom is a expert on good press....I need that.lol

seeya later folks.

wait a minute...there is something I'm good at...putting r/rs on top of the list...hah
send me my check Sean..:)

stuaby
stuaby 08/22/14 - 08:35 am
"You know I have non stop

"You know I have non stop love for Seenit :)"

That makes two of us, bigj.

Can't decide who I love more, seenit or KSL.