Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RANT FOR all conservatives who have chosen to stay home and not vote. You become the greatest complainers about who wins elections. I say to you, get up off your butts and vote. Conservatives lost the last presidential election because 4 million of you did not vote. You have another chance. You can make a difference in how we control our county government.

RANT TO THE PERSON in the SUV passing on double lines in construction zone on Mike Padgett Highway. The speed limit is 35 mph. Maybe the next time police will catch you and you will get an expensive ticket.

AS I EAGERLY anticipated attending the Augusta Outdoor Expo this weekend, I was equally distraught to find a sign at the entrance prohibiting concealed weapons. Everyone was being scanned and all handbags were being searched. All items were being confiscated. I have to ask, “How does this possibly improve safety?” This is the result of the actions of a few fearful people who cannot differentiate between good people and bad people.

SHAME ON ALL THOSE working at the Augusta VA who received bonuses over the period when people were dying there due to the lack of attention. Since you really did not earn those bonuses honestly the right thing to do now would be to pay back the money. The annoying part is that those bonuses were paid out with taxpayer money!

LET’S HOPE THAT there is no plan to have those illegal immigrants from Central America locate to this area. I will the first to volunteer to protest. Obama has created such a mess maybe he needs to take a few hundred to the White House?

SURPRISE, SURPRISE. The Iran nuclear talks have been extended by four months! The initial agreement was so flawed it was not an agreement. Iran has no intention of giving up its nuclear program and that was obvious from the start. John Kerry says that they have made “tangible progress,” which is baloney.

THE GOP’S LAWSUIT against President Obama is a sham. It’s nothing but a theatrical, taxpayer-funded attempt to distract voters from the true obstructionists: Speaker Boehner’s right-wing majority.

WHAT HAPPENED TO the Malaysian Flight 17 was horrible but nobody seems to remember the US accidentally shot down a passenger plane. On July 3, 1988 a missile fired from a naval ship accidentally shot down an Iran Airlines Airbus with 290 on board.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/04/14 - 12:11 pm
SEEMS LIKE OBAMA CENSORED THE R&R's TODAY

OR the Auto-censor is screwed up?

What happen?
Everything between 11:50+/-pm and 7AM got yanked?

KSL
KSL 08/04/14 - 12:22 pm
Harley, it is not you who

Harley, it is not you who does not understand the rules.

happychimer
happychimer 08/04/14 - 12:54 pm
So my comment that I said I

So my comment that I said I was wrong was removed also. Whow. Now we can't admit being wrong. What next?

KSL
KSL 08/04/14 - 01:04 pm
Happy, it would appear your

Happy, it would appear your comments and those of others were removed due to a malfunction.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/04/14 - 02:45 pm
To the person that wanted to

To the person that wanted to know what church I go to. I go to a church where the bishop has instructed every church under his direction that they are not allowed to carry weapons in church. I prefer not to add to the publicity on which churches. It is not the members of the church I'm worried about endangering anyone, as I posted in the comment; it is because we live in a high crime area, otherwise known as Augusta/Richmond County, GA. I am working for that to change, but that's the way it is, and anyone would be foolish to think otherwise. I have not carried a weapon by my own choice for awhile, but that could change at anytime, and I would not want to have to leave it locked in my car. I also felt safer knowing there were PROBABLY people carrying in my church at any given service and they had a right to do it, under the law. Until now.

Darby
Darby 08/04/14 - 04:27 pm
"On July 3, 1988 a missile fired from a

naval ship accidentally shot down an Iran Airlines Airbus with 290 on board."

Wow! Big news flash!

Now, tell us why that is relevant today! More than twenty-six years later.

ELLIOTTMESS55
ELLIOTTMESS55 08/04/14 - 05:07 pm
i'd say most of these posts

i'd say most of these posts are irrelevant like the clowns who say obama is exceeding his authority..he does what he has to because of the useless congress that should just stay home,and let him get something done.wonder how that lawsuit is coming,lol

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/04/14 - 06:02 pm
Since I did not get a email warning about my morning posts

I am left with the understanding that the AC purchases it Hard Drives fro the Same Sources as the IRS☺

So to avoid any Senate or House Hearings I guess I'll repost them☺

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/04/14 - 06:27 pm
Media Promoted Camera Seeker called a Community Leader

A so called Reverend in Fresno is demanding that a WHITE TEACHER BE REMOVED because the teacher is White. It seem the Racist Black female posing as a a person of GOD feels only Black People or other certain minorities can teach Blacks and other minorities.

Note:
She is dressed to insinuate she was a GODLY Person while spewing what would be deems Racism and pre-1960's thinking. She wore a Catholic Fathers Black suit with white collar trim with a Ankh Symbol (Ancient Egyptian symbol for “life”) on a NON-rosary chain.

If we applied her outlawed thinking, only whites could teach whites and White History could only taught by White European Teachers.

This is wrong on so many levels.

----------------------
So what is ANKH, that symbol she is wearing?

The ankh is the Egyptian symbol of eternal life. What it means is that once the pharaohs die,(or any other person, but it is mainly focused on pharaohs or royalty)their heart is weighed on a scale by Anubis, against the feather of truth. If the heart is heavier than the feather, it means that the person commited too many bad deeds in their life. It would be eaten by a monster named Ammut and recorded by Thoth. When a person's heart is eaten, they can't pass into the afterlife. A person's heart who isn't too heavy would pass on, thus creating an eternal life.(technically you're dead, but your soul still lives.) For those of you who don't know who Anubis is he is the jackal-headed god of embalming, and Thoth is the ibis-headed god of wisdom. Ammut is the devourer of the dead that is part hippo, lion, and crocodile.

IN SHORT IT IS NOT A CHRISTIAN SYMBOL
BTW: Many Gothic people wear them, not knowing the history.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/04/14 - 07:01 pm
RANT 7

You had a typo.....
YES THE GOP’S against President Obama is a joke.
YES It’s nothing but an attempt to distract voters from the true obstructionists:

The RINO's & DIMWITS in WASHINGTON DC

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/04/14 - 07:01 pm
James Brady Die today

The man was shot during the Assassination attempt on the Best President America has had in 60 years.

The difference between these 2 victims is President Reagan understood the shooter was mentally ill and it was not an American Gun Owning Problem.

The liberal solution was to demonize the GUN not the person.
They felt John Hinckley, Jr. was really not to blame just because he watched the Hollywood Mega Movie called Taxi Driver 15 times, which was about a high ranking political assassination.

No, Hollywood can make MILLIONS & BILLIONS off of GUN/ACTION/Mass Kill flicks and the very same actors can still protest GUNS for free Publicity.

So to Liberals every gun and gun owner in America's was at fault.
For years, Mr. Brady's wife wheeled him around making $Millions using him as little more than a Prop for Anti-Gun Shows and Anti-Gun demonstrations.

Mr. Brady in fact became the post child for the lobbying organization called Handgun Control, Inc.

But what about the disabled policeman's family?
As I understand it, out of all the wounded, only the Bradys turned Anti-2nd Amendment.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 08/04/14 - 07:14 pm
"I haven't felt safe at

"I haven't felt safe at church since I found out no one is allowed to carry a gun in there without the knowledge and permission of the authorities of this church."

May I recommend "Bedside Baptist?" You can be the pastor and congregation all in one.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 08/04/14 - 07:25 pm
@AutumnLeaves I meant no

@AutumnLeaves
I meant no disrespect about your denomination. I saw your later post referencing your bishop. Insert the appropriate denomination.

I may go to Bedside Baptist or Backyard Tabernacle this coming Sunday. The only gun I will have to worry about is our own.

KSL
KSL 08/04/14 - 07:27 pm
What a nasty comment!

What a nasty comment!

KSL
KSL 08/04/14 - 08:10 pm
Truth got in a second comment

Truth got in a second comment before mine. I still think her comment was mean.

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

The new screening comes on the heels of a decision to funnel all of the travelers from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone to one of five airports where CDC and airports are conducting enhanced ...