Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RANT FOR all conservatives who have chosen to stay home and not vote. You become the greatest complainers about who wins elections. I say to you, get up off your butts and vote. Conservatives lost the last presidential election because 4 million of you did not vote. You have another chance. You can make a difference in how we control our county government.

RANT TO THE PERSON in the SUV passing on double lines in construction zone on Mike Padgett Highway. The speed limit is 35 mph. Maybe the next time police will catch you and you will get an expensive ticket.

AS I EAGERLY anticipated attending the Augusta Outdoor Expo this weekend, I was equally distraught to find a sign at the entrance prohibiting concealed weapons. Everyone was being scanned and all handbags were being searched. All items were being confiscated. I have to ask, “How does this possibly improve safety?” This is the result of the actions of a few fearful people who cannot differentiate between good people and bad people.

SHAME ON ALL THOSE working at the Augusta VA who received bonuses over the period when people were dying there due to the lack of attention. Since you really did not earn those bonuses honestly the right thing to do now would be to pay back the money. The annoying part is that those bonuses were paid out with taxpayer money!

LET’S HOPE THAT there is no plan to have those illegal immigrants from Central America locate to this area. I will the first to volunteer to protest. Obama has created such a mess maybe he needs to take a few hundred to the White House?

SURPRISE, SURPRISE. The Iran nuclear talks have been extended by four months! The initial agreement was so flawed it was not an agreement. Iran has no intention of giving up its nuclear program and that was obvious from the start. John Kerry says that they have made “tangible progress,” which is baloney.

THE GOP’S LAWSUIT against President Obama is a sham. It’s nothing but a theatrical, taxpayer-funded attempt to distract voters from the true obstructionists: Speaker Boehner’s right-wing majority.

WHAT HAPPENED TO the Malaysian Flight 17 was horrible but nobody seems to remember the US accidentally shot down a passenger plane. On July 3, 1988 a missile fired from a naval ship accidentally shot down an Iran Airlines Airbus with 290 on board.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/03/14 - 06:34 pm
Those peaceful muslims....

The Whitehouse permits this, but wouldn't allow vets to use the area to protest the closing of memorials last year. Why?

corgimom
corgimom 08/03/14 - 06:46 pm
Itsa, there are several

Itsa, there are several stories on the Net about how veterans protested in front of the White House in October 2013 because the monuments were closed.

Are you maybe referring to something else?

Could you provide a link, please?

corgimom
corgimom 08/03/14 - 06:54 pm
Maybe 4 million conservatives

Maybe 4 million conservatives stayed home and didn't vote because they didn't want Mitt Romney as President. Or Obama.

Because maybe they thought other GOP candidates would do a better job than Mitt.

In America, people can vote, or not, as they wish. That's one of the freedoms that we enjoy.

Lots of people were not comfortable with Mitt Romney because of his LDS beliefs.

They didn't want the US governed by the LDS Church and the leaders of the Church calling the shots, and Mitt receiving "personal revelations" and obeying the order of the Church President, who LDS members think is a prophet and receives divine messages from God.

And they have every right to think that.

corgimom
corgimom 08/03/14 - 07:12 pm
Ranter #3- if you don't like

Ranter #3- if you don't like the way the Augusta Outdoor Expo runs things, then by all means, don't go.

I don't like it that I have to be searched to go to a county fair with my grandchildren, or go to a professional sports game, or a concert, or Disneyland. My choices are either consent to a search or stay home. It's sad that criminals have ruined this for decent people.

And if you think that an event is "unsafe" without a gun, maybe you shouldn't go there in the first place. If everybody in a building doesn't have a gun, I'd say that was safer than if some did.

Because bullets don't have people's names on them, and once somebody pulls the trigger of a gun, they have no control over where the bullet goes.

The gangbangers in Augusta are ruining things for everybody. It's a shame, isn't it?

happychimer
19396
happychimer 08/03/14 - 07:17 pm
So the President is suppose

So the President is suppose to break the law and send those people back to middle America without an immigration hearing? Laws don't work that way. If you don't like the law, then work to get it changed.

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/03/14 - 09:40 pm
"true obstructionists:

"true obstructionists: Speaker Boehner’s right-wing majority."

blah blah blah blah......maybe it is about a president who has unconstitutionally exceeded his authority. Lots of people are of that opinion. Obama has already lost one lawsuit for doing that. Maybe this lawsuit works and maybe it doesn't but it is the most peaceable way to begin. The way I count things they should have about 15 lawsuits against Obama for violating the Constitution and his oath of office to uphold the LAWS of the United State of America.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/03/14 - 10:07 pm
I haven't felt safe at church

I haven't felt safe at church since I found out no one is allowed to carry a gun in there without the knowledge and permission of the authorities of this church. There are a large number of us that have had carry permits for years, were trained in the safe use and maintenance of guns, and some of us, including me, have won awards in target shooting competitions. We also had classes, taught by a member of law enforcement on what to look for as far as suspicious activity on church grounds and what to do and not do. It is not our fellow church members we are most concerned about, but we have had car break-ins, purse-snatchings, etc., on the property. The ones I know have been carrying for 40 years or more and have never had to shoot anybody on the property, but I felt safer knowing people I trusted were armed there. Not anymore. Now I feel like a sitting duck. I seriously considered not attending church anymore.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/03/14 - 10:09 pm
Now that I've thought about

Now that I've thought about the last few weeks in church, I've noticed a drop in attendance. I wonder if some of those are people that feel like sitting ducks in a shooting range now that they are not permitted to carry guns, despite legal permits and proper training, to the churches they have attended while armed, for decades.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/04/14 - 06:15 am
The middle of Kansas

As the World turns on r/rs....

Maybe we should send them to the middle of Kansas....will Kansas go for that?

Airman
Airman 08/04/14 - 06:16 am
Autumn Leaves

I have a concealed carry permit. Trained by some of the best. In the Air Force I was a Security Police augmunte, in addition to my regular job. I had to qualify on a 38, 45, M16 and shotgun(riot gun) every 90 days. I had to be able to disassemble clean, reassemble and load in short amount of time. Now like you say about church, I must tell people I am carrying, and may or may not be accepted. But a stupid gang banger who does not know his [filtered word] from his elbow lurks around with his weapon wherever he wants to go, sad state of affairs. My preacher is happy to know that a lot of us are carrying

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/04/14 - 06:37 am
Exempt you say

How many can we cram into the Virgin Islands?

The Obama administration is coming under fire for once again making a unilateral change to ObamaCare -- this time, quietly exempting the five U.S. territories and their more than 4 million residents from virtually all major provisions of the health care law.

The decision was made a week ago, and was a long time coming. For months, the territories have been complaining that the law was implemented so poorly in their regions that it destabilized their insurance markets.

Until now, the Department of Health and Human Services claimed its hands were tied. But last Wednesday, the department reversed course.

The about-face has some questioning the department's authority to suddenly grant 4.1 million Americans an out from ObamaCare. It follows a cascade of prior unilateral actions delaying and nixing parts of the law for certain groups -- actions which in part prompted House Republicans to launch a lawsuit against President Obama challenging his use of executive power.

"The White House knows that ObamaCare is a train wreck," Republican National Committee spokesman Raffi Williams told FoxNews.com. "Excluding the territories from their train wreck of a law is just the latest example of delays and waivers the administration has issued to quietly limit the damage of the law without admitting that they have ruined the American health care system."

The decision covers residents in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands.

Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Administrator Marilyn Tavenner acknowledged in her notice last week that the law was "undermining the stability" of the territories' insurance markets.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/04/14 - 06:57 am
We are soo manipulated in soo many ways

WASHINGTON – An Obama administration program secretly dispatched young Latin Americans to Cuba using the cover of health and civic programs to provoke political change, a clandestine operation that put those foreigners in danger even after a U.S. contractor was hauled away to a Cuban jail.

Beginning as early as October 2009, a project overseen by the U.S. Agency for International Development sent Venezuelan, Costa Rican and Peruvian young people to Cuba in hopes of ginning up rebellion. The travelers worked undercover, often posing as tourists, and traveled around the island scouting for people they could turn into political activists.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook has been known to use mood changers posts----we are listened on cells-phones & etc....our emails/posts of all kind are checked......we all know the media plays games with the news, especially in the last 5 years....no dang wonder some get their news from other places.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/04/14 - 07:10 am
KAL 007

The Soviet Union also shot down an airliner in 1983. My Congressman, Rep. Larry McDonald, was on the flight.

KAL 007

bigj706
bigj706 08/04/14 - 07:27 am
What churches are y'all going

What churches are y'all going to that you need a gun even to complain about needing a gun goodness!!!! You need to look up safer churches I have a gun and once when I'm going to church does it enter my mind that I need to bring it only my bible and If I feel I need to bring more I'm in the wrong frame of mind.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/04/14 - 07:42 am
I made a mistake once.

It was the time I thought I was wrong.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/04/14 - 08:00 am
I'm wrong all the time

According to my wife.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/04/14 - 08:02 am
Only one way to answer a wife

Just say...

"That's right dear."

corgimom
corgimom 08/04/14 - 08:04 am
The sweetest words a wife can

The sweetest words a wife can hear- "You were right."

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/04/14 - 08:11 am
Downer

Mr JTF!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/04/14 - 08:12 am
LOL

Should drive my "points" up!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/04/14 - 08:26 am
Our spy plane

I see that a USA spy plane had to divert away from a Russian plane to avoid a "happening"...just thinking, if they do shoot down our plane would we even have the backbone to return fire....

Lately, I see our tail between our legs & cartoons all over the world are showing us that way too.

I never thought I would miss hotshot lil Bush...but I do. dang!

AJC is here...see yall later!

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/04/14 - 08:34 am
post removed??

jtf---dunno what happened--it wasn't bad..

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/04/14 - 08:41 am
huh?

My wife must have reported me. LOL. Or Sean's.

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/04/14 - 08:48 am
WHAT!!!!

I signed back in for that...

The most bland posts I have ever seen were removed from here...dang & double dog poopopp.....jtf they were innocent posts..I'm floored!

WTH---bye bye jtf for today anyway...one way to run us off....

KSL
KSL 08/04/14 - 09:21 am
Sean's stand ins.

Sean's stand ins.

KSL
KSL 08/04/14 - 09:31 am
Sweet son
Sweet son 08/04/14 - 10:37 am
Yea, Sean is away so the rules change when he decides to take

his beautiful wife on a vacation. Man we miss you Sean when you're gone but we are glad you take off because you deserve it.

@AutumLeaves: Just continue to carry at church, keep it to yourself and when you have to protect someone they will appreciate it!

Rant #5 who knows, the Central Americans might already be in the Augusta area and their presence is being kept a secret.

historylover
historylover 08/04/14 - 10:42 am
Awww KSL

Talk about one blip of a conversation being taken completely out of context! I can't even think of more to say.

harley_52
harley_52 08/04/14 - 11:06 am
My Post....

...congratulating @happychimer for having the decency to admit she had made a mistake was censored/removed.

I suppose I simply don't understand the rules around here....

KSL
KSL 08/04/14 - 11:07 am
I can. Republicans are

I can. Republicans are victimized incessantly. But in this case, Debbie was telling the truth. And it is the unconstitutional nature of Obama's legislation. As noted, even libs on the courts have slapped him down.

Local merchants welcome Small Business Saturday

With having to compete with e-commerce and national retailers during the holiday season, local merchants welcome the spotlight that comes with Small Business Saturday.