Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RAVE FOR THE ID card section at Fort Gordon for excellent service. Always efficient and pleasant, even to difficult customers.

RAVE FOR RICHMOND County police. We came home from vacation and stopped to get a bite to eat downtown. We came back to the car 45 minutes later and two of the three bikes that were on the back of my car were stolen. Within 30 minutes the two boys were caught and the bikes, along with another guy’s bike, were returned. The police were very fast and happy to help us out. Everyone talks bad about downtown, but the police have a strong presence down there and do their best to keep the patrons safe. Great job!

HUGE RAVE TO Jennie Phillips at Brandon Wilde. She was so helpful to our family recently, and she is an awesome director. I wouldn’t want my mother to be anywhere else but Brandon Wilde. Thank you for your care.

DEMOCRATS AND establishment Republicans are murdering the American way of life. The invasion from the South will overrun the rest of the nation with welfare sucking uneducated, disease-ridden masses. Get your head out of your TV reality shows and pay attention. Your kids and grandkids will be living in a Third World hovel once known as the greatest nation on Earth. Close the borders. America first!

I AGREE WITH Augusta Commission member Grady Smith that Broady should be removed from her job. She should not be given another job dealing with animals.

I AM SO GLAD Harry Reid (the Democratic Senate majority leader) and President Obama have assured America the border is secure. Could you imagine how many people would be entering America if the border wasn’t secure?

THE WORLD OF charities few people know: Many good people have the best intention, only to run into requirements that prevent the neediest families getting help. There are people who try to get something for free. But there are some of us who are pushed up against the wall. Some of us really must have help. Some of us cry when everyone, even the church, turns its back.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/28/14 - 05:25 pm
Ranter #2 is so uninformed,

Ranter #2 is so uninformed, it's almost unfair to even comment on his rambling.

But it just goes to show there are so many more idiots who do not think anyone in America should have any rights except left wing approved ones.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/28/14 - 05:30 pm
"DEMOCRATS AND establishment

"DEMOCRATS AND establishment Republicans are murdering the American way of life."

It's certainly becoming more evident that many of our Republicans are really democrats that only ran on the "R" ticket to get elected and put monkey wrenches in the works.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/28/14 - 08:03 pm
You don't agree with me so

You don't agree with me so you gave me a down arrow on both my comments - which is okay. I don't agree with everyone that posts a comment on here and I express that with down arrows also. But since I'm the only poster so far, you didn't want to comment yet so I wouldn't know who you are.

I guess you're waiting till there's a few more commenters so you can hide behind them. Really, I have no problem with you disagreeing with me and would hold no grudge. So please feel free to go ahead and comment now or you may forget what you were going to say.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/28/14 - 08:05 pm
Morris Communications Out of Debt

I see where Morris Com. has paid off all its debt. Online subscriptions were a major factor in increasing the revenue it was reported. Congrats to the company.

ELLIOTTMESS55
ELLIOTTMESS55 07/28/14 - 08:10 pm
close the borders.america

close the borders.america first.just when i thought there were no mensa members posting here,i would be remiss not to thank them for their advice.now all of a sudden these people are lepers coming across the border.no one said that for the last 20 years when illegals came here by the thousands,had a job waiting on them,too.the repukes said they were here doing jobs americans wouldn't, like picking fruit and vegetables. another facade folks, some do those jobs but many are building houses,churches,banks,etc.have their own roofing,plumbing,painting businesses just to name a few.americans hired them for years,paying low wages and no benefits.now they are here permanently.they pay some taxes,but much of their pay is sent back to the country they came from.walmart makes sure of that while they get their little cut of the top.

carcraft
carcraft 07/28/14 - 08:57 pm
Ranger #2 pushing Nunn of the

Ranger #2 pushing Nunn of the above?

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/28/14 - 10:04 pm
That's it

Andy picks Josh...........

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/29/14 - 04:42 am
JTF, read IAD's remembrance

JTF, read IAD's remembrance under the article about parking and tailgating at UGA games. It's hilarious.

myfather15
myfather15 07/29/14 - 06:00 am
#2

Oooh yes; that's just what we need, is more left wing loons voted into office; who will try to strip peoples beliefs completely away!!

This is a very sensitive issue; one that I wouldn't push too hard if I were the left!! ABORTION BC was the issue with HL, and many people are still very adament against abortion!!

myfather15
myfather15 07/29/14 - 06:16 am
#7

Have we not learned that with democrats, all they have to do is SAY that something is so, and their followers will believe them!!

Obama: "We're the most transparent administration in history"
Two days later
Blind liberal follower: "This is the most transparent administration in history."

Hillary Clinton: "What does it matter that four Americans are dead?"
30 seconds later
Blind liberal follower "Nothing happened in Benghazi, it wasn't a terrorist attack."

Obama: "Not a smidgen of corruption."
10 seconds later
Blind follower: "There's no corrupton at the IRS. The dog ate Lerner's emails."

I could literally go on forever with examples of the left simply SAYING something, and their blind followers completely believing them and even repeating the same lies!! It honestly doesn't matter how blatant and obvious the lie is, the left will never call them out on it!!

iaaffg
iaaffg 07/29/14 - 07:21 am
ranter #2: your comment

ranter #2: your comment scares me more than HL's employment practices b/c it allows an insight into the workings of your poor little mind, and that, dear, is a scary thing indeed. let's hope you have an epiphany soon and see the light of sanity and reasoning, rather than be continually in the dark, dismal recesses of liberal brainwashing.
raver #3: glad you got your bikes back and prompt service but i'll still stay away from downtown, thanks.
last rant: oh, you're only noticing now how many critters crawl out of the woodwork for anything termed 'free', even if they don't really need it? i volunteered at an event that is held once a month at a certain church in the csra, where people are given all sorts of freebies. i happened to glance out into the parking lot during the event and about fell out when i saw the row of fairly new, expensive vehicles sitting there. these people were driving nicer modes of transportation than i do, and i work! yet there they were, poor-mouthing and hands out, willing to take, take, take. so yes, there are a number of scumbags out there who will adapt to the situation if it means they get something 'free' in return. i once heard a tv personality (who probably pulls down a couple million a year) say he would line up for something free, too. scumbags come from all socio-economic classes.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/29/14 - 07:24 am
@ River

Got it. Thanks.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/14 - 07:30 am
Hunters & sex

The hunters I know wouldn't sexually assault any MAN.....you couldn't pay them enough to get close to that...

This ain't deliverance.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/14 - 07:35 am
Thanks to dichotomy

I think yall can thank him for the vote on the tax hike.....probably will wait now til the cyber command gets settled in...& then WHAM--BAMN!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/14 - 07:44 am
LONG LONG lines 1st day at school

In my day you walk in & right out again.....too bad kids have to have so much security at school now....sounds almost like a 3rd world country--huh..

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/29/14 - 07:45 am
"THE COURT RULING favoring

"THE COURT RULING favoring Hobby Lobby is truly one of the most horrific, sexist campaign tactics I’ve seen this cycle. We have to face this sort of right-wing sexism head on. We ignite change by getting pro-choice Democratic women elected to office."
Another ignorant poster who didn't bother to educate themselves of what the SCOTUS ruling was about because they listen to MSNBC propaganda and lies. It has nothing to do with sexism, no Hobby Lobby women are denied any birth control on the list, just the govt is going to pay for theirs but a program that already exist for religious exemptions. And the govt is paying for nearly half the population with Medicaid so what is the big deal?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/14 - 08:04 am
Tricks of the trade in the Nunn campaign

Hah..play down Obamacare & what to change in it & play down the fact she lived in DC....gimmie a break....the game in politics spread out for yee....

Manipulate the masses....they play the game on US!!! ALL OF US!

corgimom
corgimom 07/29/14 - 08:07 am
Wonder what "requirements"

Wonder what "requirements" Ranter #8 is talking about.

Although I did have a similar experience back in 1981- my son needed a particular special corrective pair of shoes, because they had to be modified at the brace shop at DDEAMC. They were $31 at Mooney's, and we didn't have $31. I tried Easter Seals, United Cerebral Palsy, Ft. Gordon, anybody I could think of. And Mooney's didn't have charge accounts, and we were so poor that we didn't have a credit card, nor would we have qualified for one.

There wasn't anybody that would pay for a disabled child's corrective shoes, not even $31 worth.

So perhaps it's something like that.

I hope that the last ranter gets whatever assistance they need, from somewhere.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/29/14 - 08:13 am
Sexism

Does Obamacare pay for male birth control?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/14 - 08:26 am
B4 complaining about posts on here

Take a look at the articles listed in this site....there must be about 40 or 50 assorted news items to bite into....bite in & enjoy.

Sometimes the r/rs are BORING & repeats...we have posted on them MANY times...I actually enjoy the posts that go astray..I have learned a lot from posters.....if we didn't have SOOO many others to post on, I could almost understand your rant.

BUT, because the variety is there, I don't.

So, move along little doggie & let the big dogs play....thanks.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/29/14 - 08:28 am
IF you are planning on voting Liberal in November.

or If you are planning on voting for Michelle Nunn, or If you are planning on voting LIBERAL / SOCIALIST this NOV, and still care about America ....

This is a must read.

Someone leaked their campaign strategy document.

If a Conservative used such methods and discussed using ethic groups in the ways the document recommend for $$$ and votes, a certain word would immediately be applied and the campaign plan labeled with the R______ word.

So much for Uniting Georgians
It seems her campaign, which a cookie cutter model of several major democrat campaigns, boils down to race baiting and playing one Georgia group against the other, while asking both for support, votes and donations.

Nunn's campaign has more faces than Obama's.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/14 - 08:28 am
That reminds me of a sign

If you can't run with the big dogs, just stay on the porch!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/14 - 08:32 am
and sometimes

We repeat our message to make a point! hah

They need to hear it twice nocnoc..:) good am & happy fishing.

Airman
Airman 07/29/14 - 08:39 am
Seenitb4

If you are not the lead dog the view never changes, and it aint pretty. Kinda of like being in a stroller in Disney World, nothing but ugly butts.
Oh but I digress

BamaMan
BamaMan 07/29/14 - 08:40 am

I was going to comment on ranter #2 as well, but thanks to those who beat me to it. Clearly another one sipping laced koolaid with totally blocking out glasses on. How do these people walk around without bumping into things?

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/29/14 - 08:48 am
THE US SUPREME COURT HAS RULED

if you don't like how the Justices votes you have 2 legal options;

Vote in an overwhelming majority of politicians on record to change the LAW by Constitutional amendment.

or

Elect a president who will appoint at least 1 more liberal USSC Justice, so the majority can then rewrite the US Constitution and impose the views of the 21 percent that self identify as liberal vs the other 79%(+/-) of America.

BTW:
In America, Progressive, is the name of an insurance company not a political party. A Liberal is a SOCIALIST, no matter how they try to repackage their agenda.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/29/14 - 08:49 am
Good Morning Augusta!!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!! The birds are chirping, the squirrells are gathering nuts and building nests and life is good!! As for the squirrels, a few of you may want to be cautious, I'd hate to lose a few friends!!! As for me, I'll eat cake!!

corgimom
corgimom 07/29/14 - 08:53 am
noc noc, I read the article,

noc noc, I read the article, although I didn't read the 144 page document.

All candidates that run for important offices hire those consultants, and they all get analyses like that.

I didn't see anything racist about it. It's a marketing strategy report, and yes, conservatives use those too.

They analyze the strengths and weaknesses of a candidate and what they need to do to win, and what they are going to have to overcome.

It's gotten to be a very lucrative big business. In fact, political strategists have become very sought-after and command big bucks for what they do.

It's been done for years, by the way. Any candidate that doesn't do it is going to have a very poor chance of winning.

I think the idealistic candidate who wants to be a politician out of ideals has gone by the wayside.

But I didn't see evidence of race-baiting or playing one Georgia group against another, I guess you saw something I didn't. Maybe I overlooked something.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/29/14 - 08:54 am
SiB4 - Not fishing week

We will be busy taking care of some family matters.

I owe you and others some deer/nature photos.

Around here you can ride around here in the mornings and evenings and see Deer eating grass in the fronts yards of many houses with people feet away on the front porch watching them.

It's like they know it's Rut and not Doe season yet.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/29/14 - 08:55 am
As for me, I'll eat cake!!

Hah....but will the frosting stay on the cake!