Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I’M SICK OF this administration. They need to refund MOX and stop the illegals. They probably haven’t been vaccinated. We owe them nada.

IF $3.7 BILLION is voted for, it must be used to care for and transport the children back to their home countries.

WHAT RIGHT DO these illegal immigrant groups have to file a lawsuit against the United States?

IT IS TIME for the Republic of Texas to secede from the broken United States of American and stand on its own.

RANT FOR STAFF cartoonist Rick McKee and the Chronicle. I am so sick of them whining about the animal shelter.

WHEN PEOPLE DONATE to the Harlem Senior Center, why can’t they give it directly to the seniors instead of the people in charge? Sometimes it just sits in the back and we never get it.

I BELIEVE PRESIDENT Obama is a very intelligent man, but he is ruining the country and Boehner is the only one that has the guts to stand up and do something positive.

OWNING A PET is expensive, but people having babies are even more expensive. Everything costs to raise. You should use common sense raising babies and pets. You took the responsibility to take care for them, don’t give them away or kill them.

I’M A SENIOR citizen and I’ve been on this earth a long time. People used to be known as mulatto if they had one black and one white parent. Is President Obama a mulatto or is he black?

harley_52
harley_52 07/26/14 - 10:24 pm
"Is President Obama a mulatto or is he black?"

He claims he's black. Of course he could just as easily claim to be white, but being white, successful, and male is not politically correct these days. In fact, being white, successful, and male now marks you as not just part of all the world's problems, but the CAUSE of all those problems.

As for the term "mulatto," I think it has suffered a tragic death at the hands of political correctness, right along with "negro." As part of the liberals' reinvention of the English language, it's not a word you hear used much, at least not in public. Who knows, it may even be a banned word on these AC boards.

KSL
KSL 07/27/14 - 04:40 am
I say bring the word back.

I say bring the word back. And therefore, we have yet to elect our first black president. We have something to look forward to and really embrace. There are great people out there: West, Carson, the list goes on.

This mulatto, socialist, islamist, anti - America should not go down as the first black president. If I were black, I would be offended at that.

What an insult he is to the black people who are descendants of slaves, who picked themselves up and went on to be whatever they wanted.

Airman
Airman 07/27/14 - 04:54 am
he is a jackazz

he is a jackazz

KSL
KSL 07/27/14 - 05:02 am
It just takes knowing about

It just takes knowing about Obama's background to realize he was hand picked by his handlers to try, and they succeeded, to place him in the presidency. Asside: he has no interest in the office other than it allowing him to jet around the country to play golf, campaign and fund raise (that feeds his narcissism)Oh, don't let me forget about those overseas trips his extended family gets to enjoy.

Aside: Why can't the dogs stay home?

KSL
KSL 07/27/14 - 05:05 am
One of my favorite posters

One of my favorite posters has a jackazz as his avatar.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/27/14 - 06:27 am
About Giving

To the ranter who asks why the gifts can't be given directly to the seniors, I agree with the idea. I give a fair amount to "charity," but it's not an organization with well paid execs such as the United Way and similar organizations. The people and groups that I give to are vetted by me. They are often relatives in need or organizations supporting kids such as school teams. I am 100% sure the recipient needs the money and will get all of it. I'm sure 0 ends up lost in the salaries of bureaucrats.

iaaffg
iaaffg 07/27/14 - 06:43 am
i heard judge greg mathis say

i heard judge greg mathis say on his show one day that if you are half black and half white, you are black. the white half doesn't count.
ksl: you forgot one other item on your list: the guy in the white house just loves, loves, loves that executive order privilege thing, you know, when he gets so weary of that tiresome congress not doing his omnipotent bidding, he just over-rides all that niggly, boring little checks and balances thing and does it his way.
illegal immigrants and lawsuits: let's turn this thing around and sue those governments from where these illegals originate. bring lawsuits against them for crimes against humanity and also for dumping their undesirables on us.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/14 - 07:26 am
$3.7 BILLION

Do you know what really surprises me about this...

The blacks haven't been raising *** about this kind of money spent on illegals when they KNOW how much trouble they have in the inner cities..for instance..

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/27/14 - 07:38 am
Last Rant --- Being raise a country dirt road young'in

I never heard the word Mulatto.

The Blacks and Whites I lived around and heard, used the term "High Yellow"

or

RED-BONE for the Light skinned females mixed with black and another race.

TODAY'S PC
just decided to change the word used, but the meanings and end results are the same.

In another 40 years some UBER-PC Nut will change the current PC words saying they were bad also.

It seems a lot of High Society Racial Snobs had their own way pushing for integration.

President Thomas Jefferson is an example with Sally Hemings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Hemings

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/27/14 - 07:54 am
If Texas secedes, I'm heading

If Texas secedes, I'm heading west! Somewhere it reads that no state shall have the right to do this, but I think Texas was not included in that. Does someone know off-hand?

Years ago (I think during Mr. Bush's term) New Hampshire or Vermont threatened to secede, but couldn't or changed their minds because they needed "guvmint" funds.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/27/14 - 08:04 am
When I was younger, I heard

When I was younger, I heard the word "mulatto" describing mixed races, but never thought it was a racial slur, just another description like black or white.

It is true, we still do not have a black president. Not only was he not reared in the U.S, but is not "black enough". Don't blacks usually say that about other successful, educated blacks? Why don't they say that about this buffoon?

Hawaii may have been a state the short time he resided there. But anyone who has been there and was familiar with their school curriculum would know for many years after their statehood status, they did not teach the American history or economics lessons that mainland schools taught. The way of life for blacks was totally different there also.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/27/14 - 08:18 am
Funny thing happen on the way to

We have starting to officially settle in to the Henry/Butts county area .
We had to change a lot of addresses and update our travel papers or face fines or jail time.

So we inquired where we do this ? DOWNTOWN or what?

The response was amazing and logical.

Why Downtown?
Henry County has a 1 stop Government Complex just off I-75.
It easy to get to and located conveniently.

So we updated everything for Henry Co. in 1 building located in about the middle of the county. Just off Interstate and near dozens of major stores.

IN and Out in 30 mins for Tags, Taxes and etc..
even the Sheriffs HQ dept, Jail and everything was centrally located for the whole county.

BTW: DMV has a few locations in the county and we were in and out in 12 mins. at the Locust Grove location.

WOW! just think if Augusta used this simple logic.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/27/14 - 08:11 am
Ranter #3

Haven't you been paying attention? The illegals now have more rights, benefits, and protection than the U.S. taxpaying citizens.

Many of the taxpayer recipient moochers do not realize that sooner or later this country will run out of other people's money. They seem to think there is a "stash" that grows on trees in a special garden in Washington, DC. They don't seem to care if taxpayer money goes to the illegals, all they worry about is if they are going to continue getting more for themselves.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/27/14 - 08:24 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/14 - 08:38 am
50 Shades

Will I see it--probably--I just hope the actors fit the part..

The stars of "50 Shades of Grey" movie trailer reveal what it was like playing such sexy roles. Dakota Johnson talks about what it was like knowing her famous parents (Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson) would see her steamy scenes. Jamie Dornan reveals that despite all the nude scenes he actually felt most uncomfortable wearing such tailored suits

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/14 - 08:45 am
GWTW

IMO---The actors were perfect for their parts...especially Scarlett & Rhett.....also that weak kneed Ashley...perfect too. and Mammy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/27/14 - 08:55 am
This place is like a movie of sorts

Think about---we all have a part to play...we have some Scarletts & Ashleys...& Melanies (not many though) & that red headed beeech, can't remember her name right now...we have those on here....& I guess Sean would be the kind doctor trying to heal the flock...lol

historylover
historylover 07/27/14 - 09:00 am
Aww KSL

Didn't know you cared!

KSL
KSL 07/27/14 - 11:03 am
NOT MUCH, historylover. LOL!

NOT MUCH, historylover.

LOL! I am reminded that when Sally Fannie's house was cleaned out, she lived in a tenant house next to the 10 acre pond and 7 acres of land my grandfather left in trust to his 6 grandchildren. My brother presented my Southern mother with a framed picture of Martin Luther King, jr. Her expression was, and it came from a story told (historylover will have time to look it up if he does not already know the source), "Just what I have always wanted, but not very much."

KSL
KSL 07/27/14 - 11:07 am
Noc, you are about on the

Noc, you are about on thxe line in GA where I grew up. The Chattahoochee ran about a mile from Granddaddy's pond. Rode my horse many a time down the field road to the bottom land..

About the same time, my husband to be, a county down the line, would be going down to the Hooch with his high school aged baseball teammates and the law enforcement father of one, for a little target practice at stuff floating down the river, most likely from Atlanta.

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/27/14 - 11:45 am
"Is President Obama a mulatto

"Is President Obama a mulatto or is he black?"

It doesn't matter what he is, it's who he is. He's a socialist/communist radical Muslim anti-American sympathizer. That is the only description that matters. He would disgust me if he was lily white.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 07/27/14 - 11:51 am
B4

I'm back -

gill
gill 07/27/14 - 12:34 pm
We're Famous

A rant and a rave to everybody. Our area came up twice in the current issue of Time magazine. 1. The theft from Victoria's Secret of around 200 undergarments. 2. The woman charged with neglecting her daughter while the Mom worked at McDonald's. In each, the town is not mentioned, but we know, don't we. Of, how fickle fame can be.

Airman
Airman 07/27/14 - 01:13 pm
Survey

Do you plan on buying a car in the next six months?
Me: no if I need one I will go to The mall and jack one.
Beginning to like the surveys.
One ask if you have taken any of the following drug?
Me: all of the above
Survey : did they do the job?
Me: Heck yea, went from ATL to AGS and my feet never touched the ground.

KSL
KSL 07/27/14 - 02:04 pm
Now back to noc's comment

Now back to noc's comment about "high yellow. " He is exactly right. I will never forget sitting if the office of one my social work co-workers and another one. I was the only ostensibly white person. They were discussing the color someone I had no knowledge of. They both turned at looked at me and said, " You are not hearing this." Then they went on with their determination.

KSL
KSL 07/27/14 - 02:11 pm
And dichotomy is right. I

And dichotomy is right. I had no use for jimmy carter. I have always detested him..