Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

HOW PATHETIC. How can you people stand to inhale all these animal odors in their home? No wonder they keep all these allergies and other germs. How disgusting. I wouldn’t dare eat from their tables.

HAVING LIVED IN Hephzibah and visiting again for the Fourth, I noticed the following: The old school on Windsor Spring Road near Highway 88 is deplorable. To the Richmond County school board: Why are you letting a mess continue so long?

ISN’T IT STRANGE that our GDP was -0.01, we had 315,000 new unemployment claims and created only 288,000 jobs but our unemployment rate went down to 6.1? According to Bureau of Labor Statistics data, the real unemployment number is 12.2. Oh, I forgot, this is an election year. The numbers always get fuzzy when the Democrats have nothing to offer that would help them get re-elected except phony baloney.

ON JULY FOURTH, I attended a marvelous star-studded concert in historic St. Paul’s Church with Keith Shafer as music director and joined by the Independence Day Chorus and Orchestra. The guest star was Russell Joel Brown. These musicians have worked hard for their wonderful talents, and for them to have shared those with us, the public, in this spine-tingling concert, is nothing short of patriotism at its very best. Thank you!

A RANT TO Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center. The VA is under the spotlight for not seeing patients in the 30-day window. You should be afraid of the next round of investigations that will prove you do not see dependents within the 30-day window. The truth is, you ignore many dependents’ health problems for years. You want the base to stay open because of excellent medical care. The truth is you do not care about your patients and you do not provide adequate medical care. Maybe we should apply for welfare because the benefits are better than you give dependents and veterans.

WARNING, WE ARE being invaded from the country of Mexico, and the invaders are bringing in diseases into our country that were once wiped out in the United States.

countyman
20236
countyman 07/17/14 - 10:16 pm
Augusta Exchange= best chance for the metro's first edge city

2. Great place to construct a town center/mixed-use development((residential, government buildings, park/greenspace, retail, banks, etc).. The RCBOE of needs to sell the old Sue Reynolds and Weed elementary similar to the former Davidson..

Twin Peaks(upscale version of Hooters) will replace the former Sticky Fingers restaurant at 277 Robert C Daniel Parkway(Fuddruckers was also rumored to open here)... The existing property will be demolished..

The company Trader Joes usually opens within a few months after Whole Foods is announced. Trader Joes should build a new store in the Exchange or let Publix open in the former Sports Authority building.

stuaby
stuaby 07/17/14 - 11:05 pm
Stacy, Polly, Rachel and

Stacy, Polly, Rachel and Diane (especially you, Diane), thank you! Otherwise, I might be one of the jillions of black men who hate the country and perpetually vote Democrat.
Diane, your husband (whoever he might be) is the luckiest BASTARD on the planet. (Damm him! He has no idea how lucky he is.)

stuaby
stuaby 07/17/14 - 11:15 pm
Ranter 1: Uh hum, uh

Ranter 1: Uh hum, uh hum.
Ranter 2: Uh hum, uh hum.
Ranter 3: OK. I take your word for it.
R4: Yeah! RJB!
R5: sic, sic!
R6: OK, now what?

corgimom
corgimom 07/18/14 - 04:35 am
Ranter #1- if you don't like

Ranter #1- if you don't like the way people keep their houses, don't go there. I'm sure you won't be missed.

corgimom
corgimom 07/18/14 - 05:33 am
Nobody wants those old

Nobody wants those old schools, they usually wind up being torn down-and RCBOE is BROKE.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/18/14 - 06:04 am
Cat odor

I have been in a cat house with the odor so baaad that I choked when I entered the front door...they were immune to it, I guess.,......drapes were pulled & carpets were dark/dirty.

Needless to say, I didn't want a return visit. She was a co-worker btw.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/18/14 - 06:08 am
Amazing isn't it..heh

Right b4 election time the unemployment drops---the jobs increase--the terror groups fade away & all is sooo peaceful in the world..NOTTTTTT!

NOT this time....Remember --"Wait til after election & I can be more flexible" How flexible does Putin want the USA??

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/18/14 - 06:11 am
Old age in action in the Senate..

Stop worrying folks...didn't Reid say the border is secure...dud-duh

Did his boxing days dislodge some brain cells?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/18/14 - 06:16 am
Define senile

: of, relating to, exhibiting, or characteristic of old age ; especially : exhibiting a loss of cognitive abilities (as memory) associated with old age

: approaching the end of a geological cycle of erosion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Or....most of congress!

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/18/14 - 06:25 am
WARNING, WE ARE being invaded from the country of Mexico,

Didn't you get the memo??

Geez....when Reid says the border is secure you are supposed to fall in lockstep & repeat the mantra...

Now, repeat after me..
The border is secure
The border is secure
The border is secure...all is well..we are safe...it was a video you watched...the video was made up by Republicans .....probably Cruz & company.....they also lost all of the emails relating to that video....they will take the 5th if anyone questions them about it!
hummmm---hmmmm--ummmm-ummmm--ommmm--NOT a smidgen of truth in anything anymore....ommmmmmmmm

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/18/14 - 06:35 am
Ranter #4, thanks for putting

Ranter #4, thanks for putting a rose between all the thorns. It's nice to see a Rave once in a while. If this country was not falling apart at the seams, we would have a lot more to rave about.

Ranter #3, stats are correct (with minor changes) and a matter of congressional record. I'm surprised the Bureau of Labor Statistics wasn't ordered to not disclose information that could contradict this administration.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/18/14 - 06:43 am
The diseases these illegals

The diseases these illegals bring in here and the violent gang members are a huge threat to our country.

I wonder if these bleeding hearts who oppose deportation will feel the same if their child gets murdered by the Mexican thugs or contracts small pox or TB.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/18/14 - 06:46 am
murdered by the Mexican thugs or contract small pox.

No hoptoad...they will say Rep caused it.

and maybe even Bush....100 years from now, we will hear what Bush caused.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/18/14 - 07:27 am
The Morgan Rd incident

Oh what a difference 40 years can make..

Morgan Rd in my childhood==good times.

We had cows in the pasture---we had farms & open spaces...chickens & corn growing in most yards...a few left over outhouses & a moonshine still for that good ole home made likker..My kin roamed those woods & I sure don't remember any killing or robbing going on...most of the country folks along that road tried to help their neighbors in times of need, if my uncles were to come back to life they would straighten up the mess...Some younuns would get a much needed whupping.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/18/14 - 07:50 am
stuaby--I would like to post a song for this

"Otherwise, I might be one of the jillions of black men who hate the country and perpetually vote Democrat."

The song is "I Saw The LIght" but my puter won't let me...but anyway, just play the dang thing.

kinda reminds me of this joke...

My internet went down for 4 straight minutes, I'm ok now, but the 911 operator was a total jerk about it!

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/18/14 - 08:04 am
The New Favored Voter Minority

The current favored minorities in Americans be warned.

Your vote, say and ability to be listen to will soon be replaced
by the invasion of Illegals south of the border.

I guess the Liberals, Socialists, and Democrats have gotten all the mileage & use they can out of you and are moving on to bigger numbers.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 07/18/14 - 08:06 am
The old Sue Reynolds

The old Sue Reynolds Elementary School property was purchased recently by a local church for their new location. They're going to try to save and use the original building, but the newer wing is a total loss.

... and here I though countryman was on top of everything development-wise in Richmond County. :0)

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/18/14 - 08:06 am
"Edge City" Questions

I'd like to hear more about the "edge city" concept. I've looked it up and have the basic idea although it seems like this occurs in larger cities. It appears to be a mixed use community of sorts on the outskirts of the city. Why is it thought one would be successful around the Augusta Exchange? Is there a demand?

dsterling9
dsterling9 07/18/14 - 08:58 am
Eisenhower Army Medical Center

There is a process to voice your complaints at EAMC. You can go direct to the department head or the head of EAMC. All have open door policies. Yes there are times when dependent care takes a backseat to the care of the actual military member but overall things are okay...at least until you reach Medicare age.

stuaby
stuaby 07/18/14 - 09:22 am
"The current favored

"The current favored minorities in Americans be warned.

Your vote, say and ability to be listen to will soon be replaced
by the invasion of Illegals south of the border."

Will soon be? You meant to type "has been" instead?

Our 97%, rock of Gibraltar support for the Democrat party is so entrenched that the Democrats have long since stopped paying serious attention.

stuaby
stuaby 07/18/14 - 09:24 am
OK, seenit, I'm going to look

OK, seenit, I'm going to look for it now.

I think I'm going to add you to my list.

And what is it with these computers anyway?

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/18/14 - 09:26 am
"Augusta Exchange= best

"Augusta Exchange= best chance for the metro's first edge city"

South Augusta = still waiting for Five Guys (snicker) = still waiting on Target (snicker snicker) = still waiting for the incompetent contractor to finish the delayed, hazardous, traffic nightmare on the Bobby Jones (no snicker...lost my sense of humor on this one).

stuaby
stuaby 07/18/14 - 09:27 am
"didn't Reid say the border

"didn't Reid say the border is secure"

Harry Reid is a joke.

deestafford
deestafford 07/18/14 - 09:32 am
Ranter #5. In reference to EAMC at Ft Gordon...

Ranter #5. In reference to EAMC at Ft Gordon. You are way off base. I've been going there for over 23 years since I retired and have received nothing but excellent care. One of the reasons I retired in Augusta was EAMC and it was one of the wisest decisions I ever made.

stuaby
stuaby 07/18/14 - 09:37 am
I clicked on the version by

seenit:

I clicked on the version by the Dave Crowder band. Whoa, Nellie! They were playing it at 150 beats/minute. That got me going here at 9:30 in the morning!

I'm ready to go out and mow the lawn now.

Oh, yeah - great song - greater lyrics.

Itsallnew11
Itsallnew11 07/18/14 - 10:56 am
BOGUS COMPLAINT

A RANT TO Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center - I've always been able to get a same day appointment and/or an appointment whenever needed. We have never been ignored and neither have any medical issues. Maybe your laziness is the result of the delay. They aren't going to beg you to keep your appointments, take your meds, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. We must learn to take responsibility for ourselves and not depend on others to hold our hand.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 07/18/14 - 11:07 am
take responsibility

What???? You mean it's NOT someone else's fault????/

happychimer
happychimer 07/18/14 - 11:48 am
To #1 ranter- my pets don't

To #1 ranter- my pets don't stink. My pets are family and family comes first. I don't want you in my house anyway.

Darby
Darby 07/18/14 - 11:57 am
"The numbers always get fuzzy

when the Democrats have nothing to offer that would help them get re-elected except phony baloney."

If you expect anything else, you are an incurable optimist.

Darby
Darby 07/18/14 - 12:03 pm
"You should be afraid of the next round of

investigations that will prove you do not see dependents within the 30-day window."

Trying to reconcile that ranter's problems with my own experience. My wife complains that DDEAMC forces her to come out their for blood tests etc., when she'd rather not.

For example, periodically, they refuse to refill a medication unless she comes in for a check-up if they believe it's been too long between visits. (They will give her a one or two week supply to tide her over until she comes in.)

Wondering why the difference in patient care??? Or is this a valid complaint? Something's not kosher here.

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...