Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

EVEN AFTER THESE years, inside-the-Beltway media still can’t resist taking cheap shots at Hillary Clinton, the presidential front-runner.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: Tell Congress to stop taking money from gun lobbyists and start protecting our children.

THE PUBLIC DEFENDER wrote a letter of apology and charges were dropped. Would the district attorney’s office do the same for me? I can assure you the answer is no. The public defender’s office will not even do their job to prove my not being guilty. They get paid regardless.

PRESIDENT OBAMA would be better served if he had sent the 800-plus special forces down to protect the border from the influx of all those children from Central America rather than send those forces to Iraq. The Obama administration is just sitting idly by allowing all of this to happen. Shame!

PRESIDENT OBAMA keeps yapping about the Republican’s war on women, forgetting that he is in charge of an organization who is the biggest sponsor of the war on women. The sexual assaults of women in the military are really a major war on women, and he will not do anything about it. He has the power to fire a bunch of generals/commanders, which would stop the sexual assaults overnight.

WJBF (CHANNEL 6), you need a proofreader! I see typographical errors on your newscast every single day.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE to see a restart of the Augusta Herald. I wouldn’t mind coming home from work and reading the afternoon paper alongside my copy of The Augusta Chronicle.

LEAVE WEATHERMAN Tim Strong alone. He is a good weatherman, and he does not have to pet all those animals. Be more concerned about humans.

TO THE DRIVER OF the Toyota Highlander who hogged the passing lane of River Watch Parkway while talking on the phone: You’re in Georgia, not California, so please hang up and move over.

harley_52
harley_52 07/16/14 - 04:35 pm
"....and start protecting our children."

What would you suggest they protect them with, spitballs?

harley_52
harley_52 07/16/14 - 05:38 pm
"....working-class Americans sitting on their butts....

....letting them do it."

You seem very confused.

It's not working-class Americans who are sitting on their butts, it's those too lazy to work who prefer government handouts sponsored by democrats.

Working class Americans are paying the bills and have become sick and tired of democrat socialism.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/16/14 - 05:43 pm
While I did not write rant #3

I totally agree.
$10,000 Ring Arrest for theft, a visit to a Pawn Shop, failure to turn it until she was ID'd, Grabbed a Preacher headed for the Court House Step to incite Racial unrest , Played the Race Card and more. It was kept out of court for 18+ months to let the case die down, but constant R&R pinging by bloggers on the status kept it alive.

I see several injustices in this case ALL against the Citizens not one against the PD.

Question is:
will the DA follow the legal precedent he has set for all such crimes that involve this OCGA law that covered this type of theft? Or,is it just the Sheep Skin Club looking after each other.

I cannot also help wondering, if there was more to the GOJ deal than publicly stated?

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/16/14 - 05:52 pm
It is long overdue

We need to do away with 50 years of no progress and lack of Work Ethic in the poor communities. It is time to undo the obviously failed New Deal.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/17/14 - 05:51 am
Central American Countries that dump their citizens on us are

now asking us to send them $$$$ to take care of their people.

The Homeless are protesting that Illegals are being provided care and housing they don't get as USA Citizens.

Minorities are protesting the $$Billion$$ are being spent on Illegals while they, as US Citizens do with less and their cities crumble around them.

But want to bet come elections, in Nov 2014, they still vote Democrat despite getting a hosing.

dwb619
dwb619 07/16/14 - 07:34 pm
Augusta Herald

The newspaper with the news pictures.
How many remember that sales line?

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/16/14 - 08:07 pm
Augusta Herald Gone For Good

You not only will never see a hard copy Augusta Herald again, in the future the hard copy of the Chronicle will be gone. Online only is so close I wouldn’t even call it in the future. The Chronicle constantly updates online and that is superior to the presses rolling twice a day or even 10 times a day. I have an assortment of information at my fingertips from years ago to this very minute and it doesn’t take a lot of time or effort. The weather only affects my paper delivery if the internet goes out.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/16/14 - 10:41 pm
Young Fred
Young Fred 07/17/14 - 12:05 am
..." in the future the hard

..." in the future the hard copy of the Chronicle will be gone. Online only is so close I wouldn’t even call it in the future..."

You may be right, I've an online subscription but still enjoy a hard copy, reading on the deck of my fave Mexican restaurant, drinking a mega-rita, smoking my new electronic cig, looking at the naredowells who can't stand the fact that I'm enjoying myself!

Young Fred
Young Fred 07/17/14 - 12:21 am
Taking "cheap"

Shots at Hillary?

Don't know where you're coming from, but I'd call them easy shots.

As in, it's too easy.

Come on know, I maybe could take seriously a run at Last Comic Standing, except for one thing - she ain't funny!

Young Fred
Young Fred 07/17/14 - 12:38 am
"Taking

Money from gun lobbyist and protecting children?"

Wow, are you proud of the fact that you've been engineered? You've been scripted. Others have shunted you towards a certain view-point.

Are you peep's blissfully accepting of what you're told to think? Is it that easy?

Young Fred
Young Fred 07/17/14 - 12:49 am
The last rant...

Most people don't understand about the left lane. Many are too busy to understand. Talking, dialing, checking, and texting are more important than common decency and manners towards their fellow man!

Young Fred
Young Fred 07/17/14 - 01:04 am
I hate cell phones!

I'm disgusted at people trying to drive and check their phone at the same time. I'm disgusted at parents who allow their kids to bury their noses in their phone or pad while in public. I'm disgusted at adults who stuff their nose in their phone or pad while in public.

I'm disgusted by people who insist on having a loud conversation, on their phone, in public. Especially because they think it makes them seem "important".

Rude, uncouth, and ignorant.

WAKE UP "CALL"

We survived without cell phones for centuries, and you won't pass away if you wait a few moments before using yours!!!

geecheeriverman
geecheeriverman 07/17/14 - 04:09 am
Hard copy

I still prefer a hard copy of the AC. The only problem now is the paper is so thin. On Monday morning I was waiting on my delivery of the paper and I saw the carrier coming down the street, The wind was brisky and the carrier threw the paper towards my driveway and the wind carried it away like a paper airplane. I retrieved it 2 driveways away and then I had to spray it with hairspray to keep it from folding up while I was reading it. As I speak I see the carrier this morning. I must go pick up my paper before the wind comes up.

iaaffg
iaaffg 07/17/14 - 04:47 am
ranter #1: she brought it on

ranter #1: she brought it on herself, darlin'. it's the cost of fame, as well. if she can't stand the heat, she is more than welcome to remove herself from the kitchen.
ranter #2: here's a better idea: cut down on the baby-breeding! world is way over-populated as it is, resources are dwindling, etc etc etc. promote birth control and sterilization.
ranter #3: no, none of us mortal nothings would ever get away with just writing a letter of apology to make up for being a thief, but then we all know why this little thief got off, don't we?
rant #4 and #5: the man hates america, don't you all get it by now? absolutely hates america, especially a certain segment of america and he's doing everything he can to destroy it.
rant #8: ???? i think you have been eating one too many jimson seeds. sound like you are lost, confused and deranged.
rant #10: only one way to move 'em out of the left hand lane: get in front of them, slow down to five miles below the speed limit; guarantee you'll see that vehicle snap into the right hand lane.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/17/14 - 05:07 am
#8 is a typical mainstream

#8 is a typical mainstream media sponge, soaks up all the sewerage they report.

The Republican candidates get hammered by the media and democrats cannot get enough of it, but let the media even soft-ball a dem candidate and they holler like a sty full of pigs.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/17/14 - 06:04 am
Smart Phone breed E-Kids

If American could figure out a way to fight its wars using Smart phones, we would control the world.

Then congress could run the rest of the world into the ground also.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/17/14 - 06:15 am
#3 what they are counting on

is Augustan's to gripe a few days to a week and lose interest.

I wonder if anyone (local) has contacted the GA Bar Assoc.

or
the Ga State AG?

on this case of perceived bias treatment?

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/17/14 - 06:25 am
The gun lobbyists are a

The gun lobbyists are a problem? More like the cities' officials who do not make a serious effort to stem the formation of gangs or dissolve the existing ones. Usually these are cities who prohibit the legal ownership of guns.

And the liberals who feel it's not right to institutionalize mentally unstable persons. And then there are parents who "just didn't know their son or daughter was having emotional problems". Or law enforcement/medical personnel who are notified by astute parents that their child has a problem but are dismissed as over protective.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/17/14 - 06:29 am
There are far more lobbyists

There are far more lobbyists who are a danger to our freedom and our wallets than gun lobbyists. Congress protects certain practices that should be discontinued by corporations as long as the bucks are big enough.

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/17/14 - 06:36 am
Close call

I was reading Fred's 2:04 and I dang near ran off the road!

KSL
KSL 07/17/14 - 06:52 am
Funny!

Funny!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/17/14 - 07:05 am
Thin Paper

geecheeriverman posted:

. . . the wind carried it away like a paper airplane.

That was a good comment, geechee. I enjoyed the image.

Young Fred
Young Fred 07/17/14 - 07:22 am
One vote

For today's virtual oscar award to iaaffg for his/her reference to jimson seeds!

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/17/14 - 08:24 am
"THE ONLY THING more

"THE ONLY THING more disgraceful than what Republicans are doing to this country are the working-class Americans sitting on their butts letting them do it."

I hate to tell you this and bust your bubble but it is the working-class Americans who support the Republicans and what they are doing. The Democrats keep trying to steal everything they earn and give it to the NON-working-class Americans, illegal aliens, and any other no good low life that sticks their hand out.

You see, in order to be a working-class American you actually have to get a job and go to work and pay federal taxes. And IF you do those things you would more than likely support the Republicans who are trying to leave you a little bit of your own money to spend on YOUR family.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/17/14 - 08:28 am
Young Fred

Brain Games is a show I like to watch. The last episode was about addiction and how it comes about in the brain.

To test people, they recruited random people for a focus group, had them fill out paperwork which included their cellphone numbers, and put them around a table in a conference room. The only requirement was that they place their cellphones on a nearby table and not use them during the "focus". They were told they would not be paid if they did.

The group leader then feigned technical issues with the video and left the room. They watched them from the other side of one way glass. It took this fidgety young guy in a suit all of two minutes before sneaking a peek. Then another, and another. When the phones started chirping and ringing, all but TWO of the group of a dozen couldn't resist going over and grabbing the phone.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 07/17/14 - 10:26 am
Hard copy in the winter

Keeps me warm at night -exceptional for starting fires :)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 07/17/14 - 10:46 am
Phones - JTF and I still like

2 cans and a string

Sweet son
Sweet son 07/17/14 - 12:44 pm
Don't know if he handles the teleprompter for live casts but

Randy Key at Channel 6 always makes corrections on the website and seems thankful that someone is noticing