Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT TO NANCY Grace and Headline News for their yellow/outrageous behavior for telling a father that his missing son had been found in his basement. Grace, the producers and directors should all be fired for pulling a stunt like this! If there was ever a case of yellow journalism this one tops any reporting that has been called.

RANT TO THE ranter who says “expenses that are too high for pet care is the cause for the high kill rate at RCAS.” People who have pets should realize that there are expenses that go along with pet ownership, such as food, the required rabies vaccines and occasional vet care, at a minimum. If you cannot afford to give proper care to a pet, don’t get one.

THIS IS A RANT for the “gay pride” festival in Augusta. Perversion is not a civil right. You people need to repent before it is too late. Shame on all the “Christians” in the Augusta area who allow this to take place. We are all going to suffer for this.

ILLEGAL ALIENS, WITH the complete aid and blessing of the federal government, are now in full invasion mode. Hundreds of thousands of them are being shipped throughout the U.S. It’s only a matter of time before they begin to arrive here by the bus load. Disease, crime and overcrowding of our hospitals and schools will follow in their wake. Goodbye, American way of life.

TO THE RESIDENTS of Old Petersburg Road: The River Watch Parkway extension is a long-term mess. The good news is that soon enough there will be large volumes of traffic flowing rapidly through that area. The bad news is that soon enough there will be large volumes of traffic flowing rapidly through that area.

NEWS READERS ON TV, we can do without all the giggling, please.

RANT AGAINST ALL those people on welfare. I am sick of standing behind someone getting steaks and high-priced items and then pulling out their little welfare card while I have to eat bologna. I believe that all people on welfare should be drug-tested and that anyone on welfare for more than 12 months should lose the right to vote.

I HAD A GOOD laugh today. I spotted a vehicle with the bumper sticker Columbia County Democratic Party on it. Is the owner also a member of the Flat Earth Society?

harley_52
harley_52 07/10/14 - 06:58 pm
"Perversion is not a civil right."

Excellent point.

Pity so many are willing to sacrifice morality and social order to the demands of contemporary political correctness.

Society suffers for it.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/10/14 - 07:54 pm
Instead of a HOMOSEXUAL ONLY Parade

How about just one all inclusive SEX parade.
A come as you want,, do as you want Butt Naked parade down Broad St.

Does that sound really really inappropriate and maybe extremely promiscuous ?

If you have ever seen a Homosexual Parade and the attires, the goings on, and underage kids attending .... whats the difference?

Who knows you might "BUMP" into someone ☺

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/10/14 - 08:08 pm
Do the math

Obama asked for 3.7 BILLION Dollars to manage 150,000 illegals.
That is $24,666.66 per illegal.

Just checked KAYA Air fare for same day one way tickets to Mexico City.

Atlanta $487.00
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) $396.00
San Diego (SAN) $222.00

So why $24,666.66?????

Finger Print them, read the riot act to them and make them understand if they return illegally it will be 5 years in a AZ Prison and then immediate expulsion without appeal once they serve their time.

ELLIOTTMESS55
ELLIOTTMESS55 07/10/14 - 08:20 pm
now remember those illegal

now remember those illegal aliens have been coming into this country for many years,it didn't start with obama,as you'd have us believe.bush's people had money allocated to be spent on the border and never used it.they still have money allocated for katrina,that was never used. north american union.why are all of you obama bashers afraid to research it? pond life talks about wmd's but can't admit that they were issued from this country.research it.i already have,so i don't do homework for others.you want proof? pull up the gassing of the kurds,chemical ali,then prove me wrong.oh wait! now it's the immigration problem,or irs? or benghazi? also, kudos to your leader boehner.round up all the children coming over the border and send them back to the same danger they just left.brilliant! just brilliant! just so expected of the party of no!

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/10/14 - 08:43 pm
Pets

Ranter #2 is correct, check out the costs associated with making a pet a part of your family. It isn't outrageous but you will have expenses. And you have to take into consideration that you may have to pay for surgery - as I did for my Dobie when he swallowed my golf ball after he chewed the cover off of it.

They are like your children, you wouldn't dump them on a doorstep if they cost you a little more than you intended on spending to raise them.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/10/14 - 08:40 pm
The way many of the

The way many of the participants were dressed - more like "undressed" - in the Gay Parade was disgusting. There was even one male who was completely naked! That is why I have a problem with these folks. Do whatever you want in your own homes, not on the streets in front of old ladies, little children and dogs.

I don't even want to see naked heterosexuals cavorting in public.

iaaffg
iaaffg 07/11/14 - 05:54 am
i find it mystifying that the

i find it mystifying that the AC even covers or prints any news about the pervert/lost and confused parade. where do they think we are, san francisco? la la land? new yawk city? this area is not exactly a mecca for the alternate lifestyle, so why are they given such press and attention? and who goes to these 'parades' anyways, other than the perverts and the lost and confused who 'march' in them? people actually go and stand on the sidewalk and watch this crap? it would seem there's way too many people with way too much time on their hands that could be spent on better activities, like.....getting a job!! getting an education!! cleaning up the trash on the side of the roads!! visiting with old folks in the old folks' homes!! volunteering at a shelter or a hospital!! going to church!! volunteering to be a big brother or big sister!! plant a garden!! lots of stuff to do besides stand around watching the perverts and the lost and confused march in the street to 'celebrate' their 'lifestyle'. all this yapping you hear from that quarter: reminds me of that old saying, something about someone protesting TOO much, so maybe they really aren't all that happy that they're perverted, lost, and confused.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/11/14 - 06:12 am
This "What me worry"

This "What me worry" president does not care what impact these illegals have on the USA. He's only interested in his own agenda. However, I don't think he realized just how bad things were going to turn out when he invited them here.

As long as he, his friends and cohorts are safe in their ivory castles, the rest of us can be damned and suffer the consequences.

It's about time his followers woke up and smelled the coffee, especially black folks who defend him just because of his skin color. They need to admit to themselves that he is not really black and doesn't give a whit about black issues.

iaaffg
iaaffg 07/11/14 - 06:31 am
illegals: yeah, it sucks but

illegals: yeah, it sucks but it looks like they're pretty much here to stay until someone in the gubmint grows a set and gets iron-fisted. that doesn't look too likely in the near future, so the next best thing we can hope for and demand of our new 'citizens': learn ENGLISH!!!! speak ENGLISH in an ENGLISH-speaking country, where, as far as I know, all our federal gubmint business in conducted in ENGLISH, not spanish, not chinese, not russian, not ukrainian, not balinese, not japanese, not anything other than ENGLISH, so get them with that program, give 'em a number so when they start earning money they can pay their fair share of taxes in, and i really don't have a problem with them coming here. make them do what every other person who comes here from a foreign country has to do in order to live here legally, and it's all good.

corgimom
corgimom 07/11/14 - 06:44 am
Ranter #3- Isn't it just

Ranter #3- Isn't it just awful when that pesky Constitution gets in the way when things aren't to your liking?

hoptoad, if you're so against the parade, why were you there watching it, and why didn't you call the police when you saw the naked man? I sure would've. Why didn't anybody else see that?

iaaffg, I know a lot of gay people and have relatives, like my cousin, who is making national news with her lawsuit against the state of Idaho. And the parades are lots of fun, with happy people having a very good time. Perverts? Lost and confused? No, just Americans that enjoy life. Perhaps you should give it a try, and who knows, Augusta just might become a gay mecca. But I tell you what, I've never known a gay person that goes around spewing hate and condemnation towards straight people. You might want to consider that, and why you feel the need to do that.
As for getting a job, getting an education, volunteering, community service- yep, gay people do all of those things. Why would you think that they don't?

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/11/14 - 06:52 am
nocnoc
nocnoc 07/11/14 - 07:37 am
A thought to ponder

Why is President Obama so quick to End Run around the US Constitution when it means getting his way (Magic Pen use) against US Citizen Rights? But will hire a $billions dollars worth of lawyers to defend the rights of ILLEGALS that he more less invited in to the USA illegally against the law?

People we need to be a lot more selective of who we elect...
this includes both parties.

corgimom
corgimom 07/11/14 - 07:47 am
noc noc, seems to me that if

noc noc, seems to me that if somebody was so disgusted, they would've left.

Interesting that nobody else saw this naked man, because I know that there were RCSO officers there. I would've found an officer and reported it immediately.

And I would've been on here that day or the next, telling everybody on here about it.

Because I KNOW that RCSO wouldn't have allowed it. And I KNOW that the other people in the parade wouldn't have allowed it either, because that's how they get shut down.

And somebody would've written a LTE by now, if they had seen it too.

Strange.

corgimom
corgimom 07/11/14 - 07:50 am
But iaaffg, just so I know-

But iaaffg, just so I know- when was the last time that you cleaned up trash along side the road, or became a Big Brother/Big Sister?

Why would you think that the people watching the parade don't garden, go to church, volunteer- do you ask the same things of people watching the other parades in Augusta?

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/14 - 07:57 am
Did you hear the JAWS theme song when U saw it?

"spotted a vehicle with the bumper sticker Columbia County Democratic Party on it."

I do when I see them Gwinnett..

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/14 - 08:01 am
Nancy Grace going overboard--you say!

Think about this...

Israel is under attack
Our southern border is too
Most countries in the middle east are fighting
We can't pay for ROAD repair because we are going broke in hy funds
We are really having MAJOR problems .... but wait

Wait for the commercial please....I thought that this am when I read the news....I can see this happening soon...
The USA is under attack (per cnn-fox-msnbc & etc) but we have to pull away for this commercial--we will be back if we are not blown to bits...
thank you.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/11/14 - 08:11 am
Corgi

I did NOT watch the parade. It was shown on one of the TV channels and I saw the snippets of it. You're very presumptuous and accusatory without facts to back you up.

I have many gay friends and some gays in my family. I love my gay friends and family and have no prejudices against any in general. Just because I do not like the public displays of indecency that some choose to flaunt does not mean I dislike all gay people.

And if you've never heard gays bashing straight people, you've never been to the gay side of New Orleans. We made the mistake of getting too far down Bourbon Street and encountered lots of nasty remarks from the gay community. Everybody, no matter what color or sexual persuasion they are, has some degree of prejudice.

We all submit our opinions and life experiences here. Unless I state that something is my opinion, it is something I experienced or witnessed. I appreciate all the feedback from other posters but do not feel it is necessary to be called out or interrogated by some other poster who does not always post factual information.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/14 - 08:20 am
Don't hate me for this--heh heh

Krispy Kreme turns 77 on July 13 and to celebrate you can get a deal on a dozen Original Glazed doughnuts.

On Friday, July 11, pay 77 cents for a dozen Original Glazed doughnuts at participating Krispy Kreme locations.

For more information, visit KrispyKreme.com.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Like "some" do on fb for posting a pretty pic of KK...lol

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 07/11/14 - 08:25 am
During my wife's terminal

During my wife's terminal illness, when we had been reduced to welfare in order to get disability to cover her medical expenses, I was instructed by her doctors to feed her whatever I could get her to eat.

Karen's mitochondrial disorder was killing her by starvation on the cellular level by keeping her cells from properly converting glucose into ATP, the fuel "currency" of the cells.

Any calories that we could get into her were vitally important. So I bought her whatever she would eat, steak, soda, candy, etc.. I know that sounds strange, but she had mental issues from the brain damage caused by the cellular death induced by the MELAS (her specific disorder.). I learned to duck when she threw her dinner at me, then fix her something else.

So I'm very familiar with the animosity focused on welfare recipients in the checkout line buying items that are "unapproved by society." Some recipients may be foolishly wasting their EBT on steak and soda pop, but a few are buying what they need. It's bad enough being on welfare, the unprovoked and, at best, impolite animosity that it can garner is a pain.

For the record, Karen died in '92, my son (5 at the time) and I survived, got off of welfare, and I've had a steady job for over 20 years.

A suggestion for the ranter. I eat a chicken balogna sandwich every day for lunch during the week, no complaints, and it's my choice. If all you can afford is balogna for your meals, you might need to consider better employment.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/11/14 - 09:19 am
CastingFool

My sympathies to you and your family for what you endured with your wife.

You are right that many people do need some financial help at times. I think the problem most of us have is with the many who make it a way of life, pass the way of life on to their children, commit fraud to get the benefits and profit from their food stamps.

Please do not feel you need to apologize for doing the right thing.

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/11/14 - 09:17 am
Excuse my outburst toward

Excuse my outburst toward Corgimom. It just seems that she expects everyone who posts to explain, prove, apologize or clarify our comments to her while making some outrageous comments herself. I will try to restrain myself in the future.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/14 - 09:23 am
We understand hoptoad :)

Some posters can bring out the good-bad & ugly in me at times...

btw...how did you get the name hoptoad? cute.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/11/14 - 09:48 am
dichotomy
dichotomy 07/11/14 - 09:52 am
The Odd Pride Parade

I say odd because using gay is a misuse of the word. It has no meaning in the context which they use it.

Isn't it ironic that a group of abnormal people, who for decades have been trying to convince us they are just normal people, will hold a parade and take to the streets to prove to us they are, in fact, odd and reinforce our very natural instinctual disgust at their abnormal sexuality.

They have rightfully affirmed their legal rights and protections under our Constitution. But these "in your face" displays of their abnormal lifestyle prove to me that they do not seek acceptance. They relish flaunting their oddness, and they have every right to do so. But they, nor their avid supporters and relatives, have any right to complain when I view them with disgust and distain when they do so.

Airman
Airman 07/11/14 - 09:55 am
Hoptoad

No apology needed but you may get an abuse warning, I did and try to ignore some peoples comments. Hope you all have a great day

jimmymac
jimmymac 07/11/14 - 10:04 am
RANTER #2

What makes you think that people who have kids they can't feed or take care of would give a whit about doing the same with a pet? The problem's are always caused by the same irresponsible people.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 07/11/14 - 10:05 am
To hoptoad

Say it like it is or was - how else can we learn about life - the good, the bad and the ugly - (I know - it's a movie!)

hoptoad
hoptoad 07/11/14 - 10:46 am
Seenit

I guess my name came from my grandkids who I be-deviled with the frogs I used to catch at the lake house. They'd screech and run away when I tried to put the critters on them. Guess I had an ornery streak. Now they're all grown and laugh about it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/11/14 - 10:47 am
hoptoad,

you should have more followers than you do. I feel by following you, you have demonstrated that you are one decent "True American". Don't let anti-Americans get under your skin.

Grad rates show improvement by local school systems

Graduation rates in both Richmond and Columbia counties followed the statewide trend of slow and steady increases in 2014, although progress in individual schools varied greatly.