Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IT WAS THE MORAL obligation of the citizens of South Carolina to keep Lindsey Graham from continuing to terrorize the people of America. It was the moral obligation of The Augusta Chronicle (even though y’all are a Georgia paper) to present information concerning the SC primary and those running in the primary. Y’all failed: no sample ballots: no synopsis of the candidates’ positions: no reminder of the liberal votes made by Graham over the past 12 years.

I WAS HAVING LUNCH the other day with a employee from the Medical College of Georgia. He told me that employees that did not refer to the Medical College of Georgia as GRU would be strongly disciplined or fired. Sounds like Russian style communism to me. I hate to tell that Azziz jerk that it will always be the Medical College of Georgia and he may get that tattooed on his rear end when we send him far far away from here, hopefully where he came from.

THE ONLY WAY TO change the direction of the country is to change the people we send to Washington. The people from Virginia understood that and wanted change. We the people have the power and we can use that power through our right to vote. If Congress won’t vote for term limits, we can impose them at the polls. We need change and we need to show those who grow rich and powerful from serving in government that we the people will create change. Show your strength, stop voting for the status quo. You have until November to decide how much power you choose to wield. God Bless America.

RANT FOR THE VA AND the government. They got rid of the top dog. Now they need to get rid of some of the bottom feeders who are not doing their jobs.

RANT FOR THE MAN jogging with his dog in 95 degree heat. Don’t you realize that you and your dog could suffer a heat stroke? The dog’s tongue was hanging out, and I’m sure his paws were being burned by the hot pavement. I hope you think twice before you submit your pet to such torture again.

I LIKE READING THE editorial page, but I can’t take much more of Tina Dupuy’s liberal slant. I especially didn’t enjoy her comment about our founding fathers.

AT LAST, A RAY OF hope. They defeated Eric Cantor. Now I know that Americans are seriously waking up.

harley_52
harley_52 06/22/14 - 06:25 pm
Pretty Impressive R&Rs Today....

Best I've seen in a long time...

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/22/14 - 07:21 pm
Tina Dupuy’s liberal slant is welcome

Although I likely will disagree with 99% ,
it is part of the exchange of ideas we must engage in to see where each side stands.

Letting Liberals present their Socialist and Anti-societal agendas is best done by the liberals themselves.

All the rest of us have to do is point out the fallacies of their pipe dreams and their DOCUMENTED & Repeated social improvement failures over the last 50 years.

But from time to time every dog has its day and they do come up with something that helps the USA along.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/22/14 - 07:49 pm
IAD

Not so much now.

KSL
KSL 06/22/14 - 08:20 pm
Guess pork prices will be

Guess pork prices will be going up even more.

KSL
KSL 06/22/14 - 08:39 pm
Whoaaaa!

If true, the IRS (and Obama) has more problems. At best for them, the government has hired another incompetent company. At worst for them, the emails are archived like they are legally supposed to be, per their rules.

geecheeriverman
geecheeriverman 06/23/14 - 04:43 am
nocnoc

nocnoc, I agree we need to see both sides of the issues and the only way is to hear the libs out. I watch MSNBC (as long as I can stand it) just to see how utterly out of touch they are with most of the US. You just have to hear some of their musings to know how far out they really are.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 06:10 am
Bye bye Smithfield

We have to put our money in the right places..

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 06:20 am
Whatcha worried about?

Kerry is in the middle east talking to the terror groups & Obama is still in the WHouse....
We need ctyman to give the pr accounts on what's happening & we will be okeydokey!!

yesiree ...we are covered!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 06:31 am
What me worried!!

Why should I?

The gov just lost YEARS of emails & they will handle all of our medical records...ALL of them....calling Forrest Gump....we need you Gump.

They didn't lose the dang things, if they had, the woman wouldn't be pleading the 5th.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 06:35 am
A Nugget

"THE ONLY WAY TO change the direction of the country is to change the people we send to Washington"

We need a southern border President...if you really want something done at the border..

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 06:46 am
Didn't I say he was talking to them

Kerry is scheduled to meet first with al-Maliki in Baghdad's fortified Green Zone, which houses the prime minister's office and parliament building as well as the U.S. Embassy. He then will talk to the influential Shiite cleric Ammar al-Hakim, who heads a leading rival Shiite political party; Parliament Speaker Osama al-Nujaifi, one of Iraq's highest-ranking Sunnis; and Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, a Kurd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just like they "talked" to Putin.....see how that worked out....Putin only grabbed a small portion of land, can't yall be happy...

What really floors me is this...
Some on here can't see the danger the USA will face in the near future, if we don't fall from overload of refugees we will fall from blind thinking & letting our guard down...9-11 will look like nursery school.

corgimom
corgimom 06/23/14 - 06:52 am
As long as Smithfield keeps

As long as Smithfield keeps on making their high-quality products, I don't care who owns them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 06:56 am
I have lost all respect for the IRS

They want me to keep my records for 7 years or more---you just wait til I have to see them again...yesiree.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 07:01 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 07:07 am
At 1st I saw Ugga--like in dog!

"IF THE BRAVES CAN’T find money for Uggla’s air fare to Gwinnett, I’ll gladly drive him there."

We have a lot of folks here already....almost a million.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 07:12 am
A big thankya

To the thumpers/downers...now I'm over 77,000...I couldn't have done it without your help...so thanks again...shall we party some day & celebrate this??

KSL
KSL 06/23/14 - 07:15 am
Corgi

Do you care how high the price goes?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 07:28 am
Now my finale

To a few posters on here...haha, Mike Ryan has thumpers too! I know the feeling buddy!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/23/14 - 07:36 am
Don't need no dang gas

Some of us have a broom & we don't use gas....lol

kidding-kidding...don't get panties in a wad...♥

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/23/14 - 08:08 am
IT IS OFFICIAL - OBAMA NOW WORST PRESIDENT

Using the same pollster (GALLUP) that Liberals quoted to slam BUSH.
So we are comparing Apples to Apples.

The figures are in, and according to the latest Gallup President poll for Lowest Favorable ratings at any point in an administration.

Senior George Bush had a 63 percent favorable opinion.
G W Bush had 53 percent favorable.
Jimmy Carter had a 52 percent favorable.

B H Obama has a 47 percent favorable.

BTW: Everyone enjoying that 67% increase in the Federal Gas tax

Now back to packing load 3 of 3

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/23/14 - 08:34 am
MCG Name Didn't Go Away

I get the frustration with Azziz, but the name, Medical College of Georgia, was not changed. It still exists. The hospital name was changed and, of course, ASU, was stuck with the hideous GRU also. I believe Azziz's original intent was to rename the med school GRU Medical School, but the influential folks made him back off on that. It remains MCG.

But don’t fret, I’ll bet the farm ASU will get its name back before it’s over.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/23/14 - 08:49 am
Aww Noc, you know that is

Aww Noc, you know that is just because all of us racists dislike him because of the color of his skin......

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/23/14 - 10:54 am
7 Year IRS Records

The IRS can go back PAST 7 years if they suspect wrong doing. We can't even go back one year with Lois Lerner. When she took the 5th and Democrats took up for her and said there was no wrong doing, common sense left the building.

shamrock
shamrock 06/23/14 - 11:44 am
No Name Change Here

I still call it Medical College of Georgia and Augusta College (or Augusta State) with no apologies. What I call Azziz, on the other hand, the AC would not allow me to post here. Get the picture Azziz, you ****** ****** ***** ** ****????

harley_52
harley_52 06/23/14 - 01:42 pm
"But don’t fret...

....I’ll bet the farm ASU will get its name back before it’s over."

You may be right, but repeated name changes isn't a good thing either. Then there's the matter of organizational changes and staffing headaches, not even to mention vendor and accreditation issues.

What a mess they've created.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/23/14 - 02:05 pm
GM Recalls

In 2002 I bought a new Cadillac that would simply shut down at times. I mean loss of power and everything. They worked on my NEW car 3 different times for days on end. I negotiated with the manufacturer for I don’t know how long. They kept implying I had done something wrong to the electrical system of the car.

One day I’d worked very hard, waking up at 4AM, and was taking a nap at about 5PM when they called me AGAIN. Their offer was free oil changes. I told them to stick it. I was tired of their innuendo and so on.

Well, lo and behold, last week it comes out that 2002 GM car and others had a problem with the switch causing it to shut off. Wherever that GM woman is who “negotiated” with me, I hope you remember all the people you screwed over.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/23/14 - 02:27 pm
About the World Cup

And soccer in general. What kind of sport is it when the big play has the defense standing there in a line with their wrists crossed protecting their jewels? Who can't do that?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 06/23/14 - 03:39 pm
If you can't type quietly

If you can't type quietly with those ridiculously long nails, trim them! It shouldn't sound like someone hammering!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 06/23/14 - 03:53 pm
Feel bad for people who moved

Feel bad for people who moved to the Greeneway area in North Augusta to get away from the noise and congestion and enjoy the small town ambience of the nearby North Augusta downtown. I wonder how many will leave that little self-contained village down there by the river if Project Jackson comes about? That is some pretty pricey real-estate down there. Would be a shame to lose all those property taxes if they feel forced to leave to get some peace and quiet.