Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

TO THE PERSON unhappy with the white influence in Edgefield County: Move to Richmond County, where you will have a black mayor, sheriff, judges, school officials, principals, teachers, county commissioners and plenty of Section 8 neighborhoods. The equality ratio is absent in Richmond County.

I THINK FORMER VA Secretary Eric Shinseki a great man. I hope he enjoys his retirement. Unlike those frauds in Washington, D.C. Most of them should be out.

YOU CAN THANK President Carter for closing the asylums and turning thousands of mentally ill people into the street to clog up our health care system.

IT IS AMAZING THAT our mortal enemies the Taliban have released a soldier they have held captive for five years, but our supposedly friendly neighbor Mexico has one of our vets and are holding him for absolutely no reason. He made a mistake by not being able to turn around. Why doesn’t Obama get that vet home?

NO MATTER WHAT you do, sometimes you just can’t make somebody happy.

WHAT’S WRONG WITH the government is that they think our money belongs to them.

WHY HAVEN’T YOU kept up with the Fox Creek High School baseball team this year? They have had an outstanding team that won many games. We take The Chronicle in Edgefield County. Why can’t you do something for these boys and their team?

A BIG THANK YOU to the surgeons at Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center who operated on my soldier. They did an excellent job, and since then a doctor has contacted me by phone and answered all of my questions with excellent bedside manner.

A BIG RAVE FOR the trash pickup. You people work hard, and when it is holiday time, you deserve to be with your family and your children. It is not going to hurt anyone to tie the bag up tight and put it on the back porch for a day or two.

TO THE ONE RANTER who keeps talking about monies, the government wants you back. It’s “money.” Relax and have some candies.

I KNOW I WILL NOT be going into any bars that do not have No Guns Allowed signs posted in the future. I’m still trying to figure out if our representatives in Atlanta are just plain stupid or insane.

stuaby
stuaby 06/09/14 - 09:47 pm
@#11: Yeah, Mary Poppins, go

@#11:

Yeah, Mary Poppins, go on and depend on a "No Guns Allowed" sign to stop people from carrying guns around you.

stuaby
stuaby 06/09/14 - 09:53 pm
"WHY HAVEN’T YOU kept up with

"WHY HAVEN’T YOU kept up with the Fox Creek High School baseball team this year? "

Chronicle, what were you thinking in not covering the Fox Creek H.S. baseball team? I mean, DAG, can you think of anything more substantial than the Fox Creek H.S. baseball team?

We're dyin' out here waiting for you to cover the Fox Creek baseball team. Cover this team!

: )

stuaby
stuaby 06/09/14 - 10:15 pm
"WHAT’S WRONG WITH the

"WHAT’S WRONG WITH the government is that they think our money belongs to them."

Uh, "Federal Reserve Note", "Secretary of the Treasury", United States of America" is written all over those bills that you think are yours.

Fred Q. Smith is nowhere to be seen.

Need I remind you of the exchange in Matthew 22 between Jesus and the Pharisees?

Mind you now, that I probably share your sentiment. However, we have all accepted the medium of exchange of a third party.

kissofdeath
kissofdeath 06/09/14 - 10:20 pm
People like Republican

People like Republican Senator John McCain have harshly criticized the President for the POW swap. Some have argued that it may have been an Impeachable Offense for the President to arrange to release these prisoners without first providing a 30 Day notification to Congress. This is besides the fact that Congress had been informed of these negotiations for months, even years , previously and had spoken out about them urging the President to " do all that he could" to return Sgt. Bergdahl. I for one can see why they probably considered the idea of Republicans flip-flocking as the somewhat lesser of the two evils.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 06/09/14 - 10:57 pm
JTF

Still tickled: Captain Obvious :)

Airman
Airman 06/10/14 - 04:50 am
Rant #1

Please stay in Edgefield with your racist comments. Love your brother. It is rants and comments like yours that stir up hate and discontent in our world. After all we are all God's children

corgimom
corgimom 06/10/14 - 06:39 am
Ranter #3- While Jimmy Carter

Ranter #3- While Jimmy Carter was a terrible president, it was Reagan that closed the mental hospitals. He did it first in California when he was governor.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/10/14 - 06:52 am
RAVE & RANT The Housing Market

Today, after 6 months of searching thru literately 10,000 MLS & FMLS listings each day which produced 100 to 150 listings that met our needs, of which we set foot in 23 houses for viewing, put 11,000+ miles on a new van since January making trips all over North East Ga and into Western NC., put in 4 failed offers, and 3+ months of loan paperwork, We are finally pleased to announce:

We have a Home loan.
We have a walk thru on Wednesday.
We are told we will likely have a closing date set today.
and we will likely close within the next 5 business days.

The whole Red Tape Nut Roll ended at 3:11pm yesterday after
explaining in writing why we lived in each previous location since
1995. Now the Loan Underwriter is happy.

Now on to renting a moving crew and truck for the
173 Mile North Westerly trek.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/10/14 - 07:03 am
Bars and Signs

That commenter who won’t go in any bars unless they have "No Guns Allowed" signs may be getting himself a bottle at the liquor store to take home. I don’t believe ANY signs are going up.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/10/14 - 07:12 am
WHY

A lot of people who know how deep we our family roots and heritage run in South Richmond Co. (1790's) and have asked why we gave up on South Richmond Co.

Well there is a difference between giving up on South Richmond Co. and knowing when you’ve had enough of DIS-GUSTA.

We have reached this point for a few reasons.
1. poor political planning of urban issues,
2. the deliberate planned decimation of the South Side culture and its economy. All in order to clear out and clean up downtown.
3. Politics is too focused on DISTRICTS and Not Richmond Co. as a Whole.
4. Taxes on top of Taxes on top of taxes, with less and less Taxpayers.
5. Too many Non-Taxpayers with their hands out and demanding more.
6. The South Side becoming a Dumping ground for the problems of Dis-gusta.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/10/14 - 07:14 am
Noc Admire Your Energy

Noc, I admire your energy with the house hunting. I looked at some online, visited four, and made one offer. I'll figure out later if I got a good deal as the never ending renovation continues. But speaking of taxes on houses, I got mine yesterday and they went up. So what else is new?

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/10/14 - 07:47 am
RM-1 - Plan from the start ...NO Buyers remorse

yes it took some effort, but I think it will do for the 5 to 7 years we plan staying in it.

The only 2 compromises over the whole process was we lower our Down Payment from 40% to 30% and we settled in Farm country instead of the NGA/WNC Mountains.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/10/14 - 07:52 am
COUNTY MAN - QUESTION

What is going on at the Regency Mall?
I notice a hand full of Casual Business types and at least 1 suit touring the insides yesterday.

They seemed focused at the Malls Mid point back to Monkey Wards.

Is someone planning a partial reopening?

BTW: RCSO needs to inform the owners some Exits doors are wide open.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/10/14 - 08:06 am
The taxes on the house we are in now.

In our case we cover a family members mortgage payment and fix things as needed as the rent.

Last year the USAA Loan amount was $889.00 and it bumped up to
$919.00 (taxes, service fees and insurances)

We had a $199.91 increase over last year.

2013 = $1,758.54
2012 = $1,559.65
2011 = $1,543.09
2010 = $1,530.58

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/14 - 08:21 am
Someone is too ruff on Loretta

I won't say the name but we all know who that "someone" is....one day he will get old & will have to sit more while working...especially if he continues to buy houses.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/14 - 08:23 am
stuaby

I like the 1st song best too....& I am an absolut martini kind of gal....love the band in his songs (T Graham)

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/14 - 08:25 am
nocnoc

Your reasons for moving were right on.....just wish the powers in the land could see what is happening to our old childhood play ground.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/14 - 08:33 am
ok--I have a problem (really)

I hear a loud hum almost like a water pressure building up in this house (guessing house)..last night at 330am or so, I had hubby up helping me locate this sound...the only thing he found was a tv upstairs that had turned on during storm....turned off & I still hear something.....
Is this a medical condition---he does not hear it...just me. I usually can't hear a darn thing.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/14 - 08:37 am
could it be

Maybe the dentist put a gps in my crown...kidding-kidding!

deestafford
deestafford 06/10/14 - 08:44 am
Ranter #3, You are so right...

Ranter #3, You are so right. The number of Democrats roaming the streets have increased under Jimmie Carter's actions on the asylums.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/14 - 08:48 am
Thumpers/downers please read

NO MATTER WHAT you do, sometimes you just can’t make somebody happy.

AMEN to that!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/14 - 09:19 am
90 million on streetcars

Yes sir ree...we have sooo much money we can throw 90 million on this...can't get our own health insurance---pay for school lunches--pay our rent--but BY GOLLY we can do this....DC might have some goofy folks but we have ours too....right here in Ga....now raise yo hand of you want to be the 1st to ride on a streetcar---hey, don't push.....yo time will come!

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/10/14 - 09:31 am
Back that thang up

Thanks you know who!! I needed that song this am...now I have to back out of here--yahear.

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/10/14 - 10:28 am
"Why doesn’t Obama get that

"Why doesn’t Obama get that vet home?"

Ideology........that vet had GUNS in his trunk. The deserter left his gun at the post he deserted.

Stoner
Stoner 06/10/14 - 10:41 am
Las Vegas shooters, who

Las Vegas shooters, who killed two law-enforcement officers, linked to white supremacy.

harley_52
harley_52 06/10/14 - 01:25 pm
"Las Vegas shooters, who killed two law-enforcement officers....

....linked to white supremacy."

Apparently a few of them still around. Usually, mass murders are linked to islamic supremacy and street murders linked to black supremacy.

Weren't the people these "white supremacy" murderers murdered white?

It's all so confusing....

jimmymac
jimmymac 06/10/14 - 02:43 pm
BARS

I haven't been in a bar in ages but I've been in plenty of restaurants that serve alcohol. If you want to avoid them go ahead. I have a better idea why don't you wear a sign that says I'm not armed? That way you'll be protected from all the illegal gun carriers. Me I want to keep them guessing.

crackerjack
crackerjack 06/10/14 - 05:29 pm
Gun Control

Before I left for work yesterday I laid my shotgun on the porch and put 5 shells in it. And since it had no legs I loaned it a wheelchair. When I returned home that evening I looked at the footage of the security camera on my porch. I saw the paperboy bring the paper the mailman the mail, and numerous cars stopping at the stop sign out front. I noticed the gun hadn't moved nor killed anyone. Evidently it's PEOPLE misusing guns or I own the laziest gun in town. I guess I'll go in the house and check on my spoons because I heard they make people fat.
And since more killings are committed with hammers than with guns, I think the CEO's of Home Depot and Lowes should be jailed for being accessories.
Oh, and lets don't get started on cars.