Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT TO ALL OF the people having offspring they know they can’t afford to feed without the rest of us paying for EBT/WIC for them. Instead of acting like all of these babies are miracles from God, why not get some birth control pills or condoms?

MY MAMA ALWAYS says life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get. I guess that little Forrest Gump phrase could apply to anything such as politicians living up to their campaign promises or not what they appear to be after election time is over and getting down to business.

LOOK AT THE FACES of the five terrorists that President Obama traded for our deserter. We will see them again.

THANKS TO THE black woman and white man who aided me during my fall in front of Body and Bath on a recent afternoon. It was a bad fall. Thank you both for you assistance. I have asked God to send you both a miracle; look for it.

I AGREE WITH THE person who said that the postmaster just put your mail into any mailbox. I mailed a package that was registered at Christmas time which was insured for $50. The person never received the package. I visited the post office twice and … was finally told that I have to make a complaint online. Next, I was told to find the slip to prove how much I paid for the items sent. Because I am a handicapped senior citizen I had to have someone else file the complaint online for me. I had to eventually decide it was cheaper to just leave it alone and take it as a loss.

I HAVE A VERY BIG problem with the phrase “convicted felon” because mostly men have a very hard time getting their life back on track once they have that label. Once you are considered a convicted felon nobody wants to give you a chance at a real job to get you off the street to turn your life around. Also, who came up with the idea to charge a child as an adult? Something in society about both situations has to change and maybe the crime rate will go down.

WHAT A DANGEROUS precedent has been set in trading those terrorists for the captured American soldier. That’s besides the fact that he was an America-hating terrorist sympathizer to start with. I’m afraid there is a lot more to this story that we will never find out about. We’ll hear from that soldier again – and not in a good way.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/07/14 - 07:58 pm
Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way

President Obama traded 5 Islamic terrorists, for a converted Islamic deserter.

BTW: Wasn't Obama raised Islamic?

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/08/14 - 07:36 am
SIB4 - my condolences

California Chrome fell short
Even worse than my own Sports Investment Adviser predicted.
(updated and corrected to fix LACK OF COFFEE typos)

stuaby
stuaby 06/07/14 - 08:35 pm
"RANT TO ALL OF the people

"RANT TO ALL OF the people having offspring they know they can’t afford to feed..."

Well, you know that there isn't any controlled thinking going on when the offspring are being made...

stuaby
stuaby 06/07/14 - 08:38 pm
"THANKS TO THE black woman

"THANKS TO THE black woman and white man who aided me during my fall..."

What is the significance of their ethnicities?

stuaby
stuaby 06/07/14 - 08:45 pm
Long before Mrs. stuaby

Long before Mrs. stuaby showed up, I had a "female interest" waaay back when I was in my late teens. She was on the track team - 100 yd specialist. Could outrun me in the 40yd and 100yd. (It's weird having a girlfriend who can outrun you.) Softest brown eyes with the prettiest milk chocolate brown skin I've ever seen.

Anyway, somewhere along the way, the topic of musical interest came up. She listed country music second on the list. !!!

I immediately figured that something must be wrong with her. After some discussion, she went and got a cassette and cued up a song. I didn't want to hear it. "What the heck?", I thought. "Shouldn't we be listening to 'Lady I Love You' by O'Bryan, or something?"

But, the song the she played grabbed me!

The best song, EVER, by Alabama:

Thanks, Sheila P____, wherever you are! (Probably 250 pounds now and unable to outrun me anymore. Ha!)

just man
just man 06/07/14 - 08:47 pm
Trust Republicans to tip

Trust Republicans to tip their politicizing of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's release over into the realm of parody within mere days. For real, without having dropped any of their other lines of attack, Republicans are now demanding to know what Hillary Clinton knew. After all, she had lunch with Pres. Obama a few days before Bergdahl's release!

stuaby
stuaby 06/08/14 - 05:05 am
"Trust Republicans to tip

[RETRACTION]

I shouldn't have said that, just man. I'm sorry.

stuaby
stuaby 06/07/14 - 09:32 pm
Now, where has mybasket (sp?)

Now, where has mybasket (sp?) gone?

stuaby
stuaby 06/07/14 - 09:34 pm
OK, I'm off. Time to get "the

OK, I'm off.

Time to get "the party started". [this is getting to be a grind, people.]

Kos
Kos 06/07/14 - 09:38 pm
Republican Tea Party on their disgraceful treatment of Obama

For the last two years, these very same elected (Republican in Congress)officials have been screaming for Obama's impeachment, because the President ordered the targeted killing of Anwar al - Awlaki, an American who publicly renounced his citizenship, declared his allegiance to our sworn enemies,and who then actively took up arms against the United States and loudly encouraged others to do so as well. These same people would sacrifice untold numbers of American soldiers to capture a self declared terrorist and give him a trial because they simply cannot and will not acknowledge that the president did the right thing, but these same white supremacists would condemn Bergdal and leave him to rot in Afghanistan without so much as an Article32 hearing, solely to further their blind hatred of Barack Obama.

just man
just man 06/07/14 - 09:57 pm
Stuaby is that best you can

Stuaby is that best you can do? I see you good at reciting because you're far, far to the right. How about you retract yourself from this page.

kissofdeath
kissofdeath 06/07/14 - 11:01 pm
I HAVE A VERY BIG problem

I HAVE A VERY BIG problem with the phrase "convicted felon" because mostly men have a very hard time getting their life back on track once they have that label.

That's so true. What you need to do is write your state legislator in your district and Tea Party Gov. Deal in Atlanta. I think they will give some thoughts to sponsor a "Clean Slate" bill. Georgia legislators talked about a bill to help convicted who've non violent offense early this year but the Republican controlled legislators and Georgia governor in Atlanta (went nuts for guns)was too focus on citizens carrying guns in schools and bars and Target stores they forgot about helping non-violent convicted felon. All the bills the passed into law ,this session ,and was signed by Gov. Deal was related to guns, guns, not one bill about creating jobs just guns, guns. I don't know what this world is coming to.

Kos
Kos 06/08/14 - 12:02 am
John McCain flip - flops on Bowe Bergdal, then lies about it.

Sen. John McCain usually gets a free pass from the media, but this time he may have gone too far. The 2008 presidential loser is being called out for his egregious flip - flop from, in February, wanting Obama administration to get Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's release from the Taliban, to his outrage now that exactly that has happened. McCain has fallen back on claiming that he did want Bergdahl released,but not by the terms of this specific deal. Too vile the facts don't back him up even a little bit. Yes, McCain said in February that his support would depend on the details, but there is no question that he knew it would involve an exchange of prisoners and even knew which prisoners were likely to be involved.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/08/14 - 05:18 am
Shhhhhh

Shhhhhhh...Y'all be very quiet every time Obama messes up big time. It's politicizing if you point out his wrong doings. Just wait for the Susan Rice version and Harry Reid to explain how the Koch brothers caused it all.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/08/14 - 05:24 am
Felons and Citizens Self-protection

It looks like Democrats are worried about those who've committed felonies while warning about law abiding citizens arming themselves. That's about as off as my cousin William after the horse kicked him in the head.

corgimom
corgimom 06/08/14 - 05:28 am
I have a very big problem

I have a very big problem with all the idiots that are out there committing felonies.

If you don't want the label "convicted felon", then don't commit crimes. That's the way the rest of us handle that.

Society needs to change alright. One thing is to raise men to be responsible and not to whine when then they do wrong things. Second is to raise children that know it's wrong to commit crimes.

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/08/14 - 05:42 am
Palace Malice

California Chrome may have lost, but Palace Malice from Aiken continues to win as a 4 year old. He won again yesterday. The best horse to ever come out of Aiken.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/08/14 - 05:47 am
Thanks noc

I'm glad "someone" on here understands me.

"Turning for home, I was just waiting for him to have the same kick he always had before, and today he was a little bit flat down the lane," Espinoza said. "He just didn't have it today. It was tough for him, he ran back-to-back races at different tracks."

Going a grueling 1 1/2 miles in his third race in five weeks took its toll. For the ninth straight year, a horse who skipped the Preakness won the Belmont, and California Chrome's co-owner, Steve Coburn, ranted bitterly.

"These other horses who sit out races then come to upset the applecart," said Coburn, who said that many times before the race. "This is the coward's way out. I'm 61 years old and I'll never see a Triple Crown in my lifetime. Our horse had a target on his back. If you have a horse, run him in all three races."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The ole man is right....also they say that chrome had a bleeding right front hoof..but-but-but, the Aiken horse is still magic.

corgimom
corgimom 06/08/14 - 05:53 am
Rant #1- I'm ok with paying

Rant #1- I'm ok with paying for American children, but it really chaps me to pay for illegal aliens' children.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/08/14 - 06:00 am
Speaking of illegal kids--corgi

CREATED Jun 6, 2014

NOGALES (KGUN9-TV) - History is being made on the U.S.-Mexico border.

9OYS has learned more than 1,000 undocumented, unaccompanied children are being brought to a Nogales Border Patrol complex from Texas.

Take a look at some images of those children wrapped in thermal blankets, obtained exclusively by the "Jon Justice Show. "

You can see kids lying on the floor of the US Customs and Border Protection facility in Nogales, potentially as they wait to be processed.

It's part of a controversial, apparently on-going practice being carried out by the federal government and, now, being condemned by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer.

In a statement released Friday, the governor says the facility is expecting as many as 432 kids by bus Friday, 367 Saturday, and that same number Sunday.

Friday night, 9OYS saw just one bus come into the facility, empty.

Roughly half an hour later, it left carrying passengers.

The governor Friday condemning the decision to bring these children from a reportedly overwhelmed Texas to Arizona and California, saying she is "disturbed and outraged", accusing the Feds of hiding the reason for doing this.

She added, "Not only does the federal government have no plan to stop this disgraceful policy, it also has no plan to deal with the endless waves of illegal aliens once they are released here."

This comes as advocates say the rate of undocumented children crossing into the United States is sky rocketing.

This year estimates are 60,000 kids will illegally cross into the U.S.

They need to bus these kids to Washington D C...right up to the WHouse front steps....you want it MrPres, well here it is.

We might as well shoot ourselves in the foot...at least 10 times a day.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/08/14 - 06:16 am
I read the comments about 6th graders

All I can say..It didn't happen in my school years, or my children....in Richmond county, I might add.

Something has changed to make the kids think sex is ok in middle school...is it tv--songs--radio--peers--discipline gone byebye--morals--?

Kos
Kos 06/08/14 - 06:35 am
It look like Republicans are

It look like Republicans are not worried about those who've went on shooting spree ( Santa Barbara, Seattle school shooting, courthouse in Cumming, GA) and these citizens are not convicted felon they're law abiding citizens, and to make the matter worst Republicans on the state level are passing laws for non felons to carry guns everywhere. The sad part about it is in the past shooting sprees none of them was committed by a convicted felon.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/08/14 - 06:51 am
Why so little Coverage

We celebrated the 70th Anniversary D-Day this week.

But in China they were NOT celebrating 25th Anniversary of the
Tiananmen Square Massacre this month. Their Government has censored all but a little info and revised the history to its liking.

REMEMBER
They are still a Communist Country that regularly kills it citizens and maintains dictator type laws.

SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Every MADE IN CHINA purchase, an United States consumer does, is helping build and fund the growing Chinese Military.

BTW:
In March of this year, China announced a 12.2% Increase in its Military Budget.

While the US Government is $16 Trillion in DEBT and we are reducing our Defense Spending.

BamaMan
BamaMan 06/08/14 - 07:03 am
Five Generals

Yes five of the very top Generals told Hussein Osama NOT to make that trade. They also say that every single thing they have advised him on since his first day in office, he has chosen to ignore. Mind you, these are men that have the title of General because they EARNED it leading our armed forces. Hussein has never even run a hamburger joint, and he's our "commander in chief", and I use that term VERY loosely. Yes, we will hear from these terrorist again. We may have to wait on them to stop laughing first tho.

deestafford
deestafford 06/08/14 - 07:17 am
The term "convicted" felon...

The term "convicted" felon has always grated on me. How can one be a felon unless they are "convicted''? Can one be an "unconvicted" felon? Ain't that "convicted" kind of redundant? One either "is" or one either "ain't" a felon.

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/08/14 - 07:42 am
I think I'll write a book today

Nahh, not like riverman--I'm not that smart.

A few titles I might use....

HOW TO LOSE AT HORSE RACING WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE

TOBACCO RD AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE

WHEN YOU FIND A GOOD SPORTS INVESTMENT ADVISOR-TRY TO KEEP HIM HAPPY

MY HEART IS IN RICHMOND COUNTY BUT MY BEHIND IS IN GWINNETT

I LIKE VODKA BUT HUSBAND LIKES WINE-WILL THIS MARRIAGE LAST

WILL CORGI HELP US NAVIGATE THROUGH LIFE WHEN WE ARE OLD & SENILE--(HAHA)

WHAT WILL BRING CGEE BACK FOR GOOD

WILL WE EVER HAVE ANOTHER WHITE PRESIDENT & DO WE EVEN CARE

I have to get busy now...writing ain't easy yaknow.

nocnoc
nocnoc 06/08/14 - 07:47 am
QUESTION

If we place people in prison to pay their debt to society, then once they are released why are they tagged for life?

Why not offer a real incentive to stay straight?
A way for 1st time NON-Violent MISC/FELONY offenders to get their records initially sealed from the public employer after _X#_ crime free years and wiped clean after _XX#_ of years.

stuaby
stuaby 06/08/14 - 07:58 am
"I LIKE VODKA BUT HUSBAND

"I LIKE VODKA BUT HUSBAND LIKES WINE-WILL THIS MARRIAGE LAST"

Both switch to beer. Problem solved! (Wine: yeech!)

stuaby
stuaby 06/08/14 - 08:02 am
"A way for 1st time

"A way for 1st time NON-Violent MISC/FELONY offenders ...wiped clean after _XX#_ of years."

I like it. An incentive like this is much better than we have now, which is basically the equivalent of having the letter "C" stamped on one's forehead.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/08/14 - 08:08 am
nocnoc

I get the sentiment, but would you want to hire someone to watch your nest egg not knowing that they have stolen before? Maybe they changed, maybe they didn't. Are you willing to risk it?

SRS cleanup pushed to 2065

Clean up of Savannah River Site's Cold War nuclear waste has been pushed back to fiscal year 2065, requiring an addition $25 billion and more than two extra decades of work, according to latest ...